xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:31 pm 

AGUEST SAID

Good morning and peace to you all!

I am still relearning from our Lord what told me about fire, cremation, etc., but again it was a lot so I am not yet ready to re-post (thank you for your kind patience!). In the meantime, I want to share something I received from our Lord regarding the faithful and discreet slave that I SHOULD have gotten yesterday when he first showed me the "clues"... but was too dull-minded to catch on then, so he had to almost smack with it in the wee hours of this morning - LOLOL!).

As you may know, I've shared with you how our Lord said that HE is that slave:

Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season? Blessed is that servant whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing. Assuredly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all his goods." Matthew 24:45, 46

Until now, my Lord had only pointed me to the following (to help those who needed to see it in writing identify JAH as the Householder and our Lord as that slave):

As to the Master (the Householder), who, in THIS case is JAH Himself:

"There was a certain landowner who planted a vineyard and set a hedge around it, dug a winepress in it and built a tower. And he leased it to vinedressers and went into a far country. Now when vintage-time drew near, he sent his servants to the vinedressers, that they might receive its fruit. And the vinedressers took his servants, beat one, killed one, and stoned another. Again he sent other servants, more than the first, and they did likewise to them. Then last of all he sent his son to them, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’ But when the [color=#0040FF]vinedressers saw the son, they said among themselves, ‘This is the heir. Come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.’ So they took him and cast him out of the vineyard and killed him." Matthew 21:33-39

“'I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.'" John 15:1

"Now JaHVeH planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. JaHVeH made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food.[/color]" Genesis 2:8, 9

And as to the Slave, who, in this case is our dear Lord himself:

"In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things..." Hebrews 1:1, 2

(See also, John 12:44-50)

My Lord, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah), who is the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit... is the only "heir" who is appointed heir of/over ALL things (belonging to JAH, which is everything). He is the ONLY One who can give us food at the PROPER time ("I have many things to tell you but you are not able to BEAR them, yet!"). And he is the only One to whom ALL "authority" has been given, in heaven AND on earth. As such, he is the ONLY one who can appoint OTHERS over the Householder's belongings. Does he? He does! And THAT is what is depicted in the account(s) of the talents and minas!

As to the talents (written in Matthew's account):

For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called [u]his servants and entrusted to them his property. To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money.

"Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them. And he [b]who had received the five talents came forward[/b], bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here I have made five talents more.’ His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me two talents; here I have made two talents more.’ His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master
.’" Matthew 25:14-24

As to the minas (which account is even clearer!):

A nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and then return. Calling ten of his servants, he gave them ten minas, and said to them, ‘Engage in business until I come.’ But his citizens hated him and sent a delegation after him, saying, ‘We do not want this man to reign over us.’ When he returned, having received the kingdom, he ordered these servants to whom he had given the money to be called to him, that he might know what they had gained by doing business. The first came before him, saying, ‘Lord, your mina has made ten minas more.’ And he said to him, ‘Well done, good servant! Because you have been faithful in a very little, you shall have authority over ten cities.’ And the second came, saying, ‘Lord, your mina has made five minas.’ And he said to him, ‘And you are to be over five cities.’ Luke 19:11-19

What does all of this show? This:

A man, a gardener (JAH) planted a garden and lent it out to others while He traveled. When the time came for the harvest he sent his slaves (the Prophets) to gather his belongings. But his tenants beat and killed those slaves. So he sent his son, thinking they would respect the son. To the contrary, to wanted to steal the son's inheritance (the vineyard and its fruits - Israel) and so killed the son, as well.

That son, too, had slaves... as well as travelled to secure his kingdom. On leaving to do that he gave money to HIS slaves and told them to do business ON HIS BEHALF while he was away. When he returned he found that some had done so and so he appointed them over "many" things, even a number of "cities." BUT... he did not appoint them over ALL things/cities.

He, the HEIR, is the one appointed over ALL things... and then, by the authority given HIM under HIS inheritance... appoints others over PORTIONS of those things.

It is actually this way in parts of man's world, as well, for instance, under European and Middle Eastern monarchal systems. For instance, when William becomes King of England, he will recieve his throne from "God", as the eldest son and "true heir." As such, he has authority over all of "Gods" belongings (the British empire). As KING, he can now make appointments UNDER him. Starting with HIS BROTHER, Harry, unless he has a son, then with that one (pursuant to a trust/conservatorship until the child reaches whatever age is deemed appropriate).

So here is the TRUTH of who the slave is... and what he does:

The Householder (JAH) ---> appoints Christ... as HIS (JAH's) Faithful and Discreet Slave (singular, so only one!)... over ALL of His (JAH's) belongings. That Slave (Christ) ---> then appoints others from among HIS own (Christ's) slaves (plural, so more than one!)... over various amounts of HIS (Christ's) belongings (now his due to his inheritance as the True Heir and so having "all" authority!).

I hope this helps any of you who may have still needed to see (or have help explaining to others who ask of you) that the Faithful and Discreet Slave is not only NOT a group of individuals, but the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit... the SON of God (the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies)... JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH... who, in turn, apportions out... and thus SHARES his inheritance... with his own slaves... which slaves HE calls friends!

Again, peace to you all... and may JAH bless... YOU and your entire households!

YOUR servant, as I am servant to the Household of God, Israel, and ALL those who go with... and a slave of HIS Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:32 pm 
Site Admin

LOZ SAID

Yes, I am relieved to hear this and it ties in beautifully with my thoughts on Christ's position as heir as I posted recently here

Col 1 v 16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for HIM. (Caps mine)

Loz x

Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

Yes, dear Loz (the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one!). What many don't understand is that you can't just grasp everything by searching the scriptures. Even our Lord said so, himself. But we can learn that even the disciples/apostles didn't grasp MANY things... until HE "opened up the meaning" of such to them!

It only makes our learning more difficult... and the truth delayed... when we lean upon our OWN understanding... rather than listening to the one who "speaks from the heavens" - the kingdom, which is INSIDE us, if he and God have truly came and made their abode (dwelling) IN one.

Again, peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

SA

Site Admin

CHARIKLO SAID

This is absolutely as I have always thought. I argued with the JW's on this point but was so put down in their arrogant way that I began even to doubt myself.

And you are so right, AGuest, that one can't grasp everything just by searching the scriptures. That would be like...I'm searching for a comparison...it would be like professing to know the whole of a book by examining each letter.

Thank you for putting this as you have.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:28 pm 

The account in Luke 19 goes on to talk about the slave with the one mina that hid it away and was subsequently reprimanded for not putting it in a bank so it could earn interest. What does this mean? I'm still unclear as to what the "minas" and "talents" represent, so this is harder for me to grasp.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:25 pm 

I'm still unclear as to what the "minas" and "talents" represent,

They represents the gifts of the spirit, dear LQ (peace to you!). Something that might help you understand better is, say, me... you... and another. Let's say I have, by means of holy spirit, the gifts of knowledge and discernment of spirits. Another has the gifts of wisdom and healing, by holy spirit. You have, by means of holy spirit, the gift of tongues.

ALL of these gifts are for the building up of the Body, and so the "increasing" of the Master's "belongings." In this case, the "belongings" have been given to the Master's Son, who granted the gifts, and so are HIS "belongings" to be increased.

I use my gifts... share my knowledge, share what I hear (from spirits), and share what I understand as spoken in another tongue... and so others turn to and put faith in Christ. Because more now put faith in him, his "belongings" are "increased". As a result, I am given MORE "talents/minas"... or gifts... to "spend" (i.e., "buy" MORE people who put faith in Christ, and increase his "belongings" AGAIN). Perhaps the gift of interpreting tongues. So, now, my "talents/minas" have been INCREASED. I had two, now I have three. So long as I keep SPENDING my "talents/minas"... to increase HIS "belongings" (and NOT my OWN)... I will experience an increased, either with regard to the talents I already have (and so, MORE knowledge/hearing spirits), or perhaps even ANOTHER (kind of) gift to go WITH those.

YOU use YOUR gift... speaking in [foreign] tongues... to ALSO help others learn about and put faith in Christ. And so YOU have increased the master's belongings. As a result, you may receive (the ability to speak in) yet ANOTHER tongue or tongues, or even receive another gift altogether. Why? Because you use them to increase the MASTER'S belongings... and not your OWN. And you don't do what the other person does.

The other person has the gifts of wisdom and healing. But rather than going out and USING those gifts... to help OTHERS put faith in Christ and thus increase his belongings... he DOESN'T use them. Rather, he hides ("buries") them from others, usually because he FEARS others and/or doesn't want to look "foolish" to/before others. Or he uses them to gain belongings... followers... of HIMSELF. In either case, he is not increasing the MASTER'S belongings. And so, HIS gifts are eventually TAKEN from him... and given to someone else, someone who WILL use them to increase the master's belongings. Not hide... deny... or misuse... them.

The gifts of holy spirit (which are not the same as the fruits, except perhaps with regard to faith; the "fruits" are what holy spirit helps us PRODUCE, as to OUR hearts so that we have "light" to shine that others may "see" who we are; the gifts are for us to help OTHERS put faith in Christ; however, our "light" can also do that, but that is the PURPOSE of the gifts)... are for ONE purpose: the building up OF CHRIST'S Body. NOT to "prove" who we are, per se, so that folks look to US, but to prove who we BELONG to, so that folks will look to that One... and perhaps seek to BELONG to him, too.

So, the more one "SPENDS" of the gifts given one, the more of such gift or other gifts one RECEIVES. And when one DOESN'T use such gift/gifts, they are taken back and reissued to another/others. Which makes sense, does it not? Why let such a gift, which has a specific purpose, go unused? Stagnate? We're talking about HOLY SPIRIT. No way the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies, is going to let HIS spirit just lay around doing nothing. No way. As Christ said:

"MY Father KEEPS working.. and I keep working..."

It is by means of that spirit, holy spirit, that He is working, now. WE have the inestimable PRIVILEGE of "carrying the utensils" of JAH, being the "instruments" of that work. All we have to do... is WANT to. Unfortunately, due to fear of MAN... what MAN thinks, says, does, will do... most DON'T want to. They desire the "glory" of men... more than the glory of God.

I hope that helps, dear one.

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:20 pm 

Ok, that makes sense. But what about putting the mina in a bank to let it gain interest? This makes sense with real money, but in the case of the parable, what does the "bank" represent?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:34 am 

Quote:
This makes sense with real money, but in the case of the parable, what does the "bank" represent?

Does anyone have the answer to this? I have hounded Jaheshua all weekend about this, and still don't know a thing. I have had a flurry of thoughts, but none of them made sense when I followed them out. At one point, I was really just agitated; I suppose that is wrong.

I did find out that bank means table, as in money-lender's table. And I don't even know if that's right; I just read it on a website. And lending money to Jews wasn't going to make any interest - only to Gentiles.

A person who has been blessed with a gift of the spirit cannot transfer that gift, can he? Especially to someone who had a different master?

Can someone just put me out of my misery, please?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:52 am 

Peace to you Ataloa,

I have found one way not to get so agitated is to understand a couple of things:

- Jaheshua will not withhold something that we need
- we might need to understand some other things before we are ABLE to understand the thing we are asking about, which might take some time, and so again, He will not withhold something that we need (can't learn calculus unless you know - um... whatever it is you need to learn before you can learn calculus, lol)
- HE knows what his Body needs and when; we are on His timeline, according to His and His Father's will, and not our own... so it might simply not be time for us to understand something yet

Sometimes I have asked questions and it is a long time (for me) later that I understand, but I very often learned so much along the way. The journey/search had been just as important as the destination, because of all that was learned along the way. Big OR small (according to what WE think is big or small, that is). So try not to worry about the 'when', and try to exercise faith that He WILL answer you.

Try re-reading the passage. That is what my Lord told me to do this morning, instead of focusing on that one line. (also, I personally hate looking up what others believe on google, especially after I have asked my Lord to give me the answer... I would rather not have other thoughts in my head then, although sometimes what you read can get you thinking in a new way. Not necessarily in Christ's way though)

Quote:
A person who has been blessed with a gift of the spirit cannot transfer that gift, can he? Especially to someone who had a different master?

Not that I know of. Although some have 'sold' their gifts (like say if you had the gift of translating tongues - and you charged a fee for doing it). But that is not a good thing; because that denies what Christ said:

"You have received for free... GIVE for free."

Peace to you,
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:20 am 

Quote:
I have found one way not to get so agitated is to understand a couple of things:

- Jaheshua will not withhold something that we need

Yes, I DID think of that.
Quote:
- we might need to understand some other things before we are ABLE to understand the thing we are asking about, which might take some time, and so again, He will not withhold something that we need (can't learn calculus unless you know - um... whatever it is you need to learn before you can learn calculus, lol)

LOLOL!!! Thought of that too.
Quote:
- HE knows what his Body needs and when; we are on His timeline, according to His and His Father's will, and not our own... so it might simply not be time for us to understand something yet

Yes, I kept all this in mind.

Quote:
Sometimes I have asked questions and it is a long time (for me) later that I understand, but I very often learned so much along the way. The journey/search had been just as important as the destination, because of all that was learned along the way. Big OR small (according to what WE think is big or small, that is). So try not to worry about the 'when', and try to exercise faith that He WILL answer you.

I think this is likely why the answer is not coming easily; because I am more likely to retain something that didn't.
Quote:
Try re-reading the passage. That is what my Lord told me to do this morning, instead of focusing on that one line. (also, I personally hate looking up what others believe on google, especially after I have asked my Lord to give me the answer... I would rather not have other thoughts in my head then, although sometimes what you read can get you thinking in a new way. Not necessarily in Christ's way though)

Yes, I realize that is what the passage is focusing on, not hiding any gift we might have, and how He views that, which is a very serious thing. Yet, he still said that about the bank, didn't he? Had to have been for a reason. I find it amazing that I cannot find one thing that even tries to explain this on the internet. Has he not given it to anyone in the whole world? And y'all have said that it is written somewhere (else?) for corroboration. No, I don't want to read just random thoughts of others' on it, but I will if I have to. lol. Thanks for your answer, Tammy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:41 pm 

Greetings, all, and may you all have peace (and especially you, dear At - LOLOLOL!).

First, my apologies for not participating sooner - a bit under the weather as well as distracted with some other things. To understand the bank we have to understand WHY the master would want his money deposited with a bank (in lieu of the workers gaining more with it): to gain interest. I.e., "more." He was saying, "Well, at least if YOU weren't going to multiply my money but just BURY it, where it stood NO chance of making a gain, you could have at LEAST given it to "someone" who WOULD [make gain with it]." Yes?

But let's start with the money/gold. What is that? Holy spirit... right? Revelation 3:17 And thus, its gifts/what such can do, yes? Can one give holy spirit to another? Yes. Christ certainly did. And so did the Apostles and Paul, etc. through the laying on of hands, yes? Can one give another a specific gift of the spirit? IF they are directed to, yes, but that's usually not necessary.

So, okay, he means give YOUR gift that YOU don't want to use to someone ELSE... so that perhaps THEY can increase his money/belongings. Who, though, would make such gain? Of course, the other workers, but he didn't refer to those, right? He didn't say, "You could have at least given it to the other workers." So, who did he mean?

Bankers are in the business of making money. They take other people's money and make money for themselves/others. And so his point was RATHER than just BURY his gold, at LEAST give it to SOMEONE who will pay interest on it. EVEN if that someone isn't [one of] the other workers.

Did he mean this literally, just give the gift away.... to ANYONE? No. And we can know that because he said "Do not throw your pearls before swine." So who did he MEAN to give the money/gold TO?

He meant someone perhaps like this man:

“Teacher,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.”

“Do not stop him,” [Jesus] said. “For no one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, for whoever is not against us is for us. Truly I tell you, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to the Messiah will certainly not lose their reward."

The "bank"... or "banker", therefore, would be ANYONE who appreciates the POWER of the gifts (of holy spirit) and will USE that, if given the opportunity, to help others. Which help may lead to people putting faith in Christ... by means of the NAME used to benefit them. Here, the man had not received holy spirit (nor had the disciples) because it hadn't been poured out, yet. Yet, by means of Christ's NAME... he was able to drive out demons. A GOOD thing.

Does that mean this man eventually came to belong to Christ himself? No. Because as Christ said:

"Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’"

He never KNEW them because, although they expelled demons, etc., BY MEANS OF HIS NAME, they never came into UNION with him, never received holy spirit so as to be JOINED to him, so that he KNEW them (in the intimate sense). Perhaps that man ends up in this situation, too. Perhaps not. We don't know.

Bottom line, though: it would be BETTER for someone who HAS received holy spirit... but is too afraid to USE it... to give it to someone who WILL at least use it... for good... who has a DESIRE to help others, which desire... "want"... OVERCOMES and CONQUERS fear... EVEN if such one is not one of US... than to let its power go to utter waste. In other words,better to give it to someone who WILL use it... than for you to hide it... and just lose it. It's HOLY SPIRIT, for goodness sake!

I hope that helps.

Peace to you, all!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:19 am 

Thanks for the reply, Shelby. Still working on understanding this.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:21 am 

Bottom line, dear At ( mornin ' and peace to you, dear lady! ):

Better to GIVE AWAY or not received any gift at all... than to disregard/fail to "capitalize" on it's POTENTIAL. Shows an utter disregard... lack of respect... perhaps even a lack of love... but CERTAINLY a lack of FAITH... for/in the one who gave the gift in the first place.

We shouldn't allow ourselves to get so bogged down in the details/minutia of a thing that we can't see/grasp... receive... the lesson, dear ones. Doing so can effect our hearing.

Peace to you, all!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar