xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Where does god live?
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:49 am 

Hi, thank you for your invites. Appreciate it. I have question if I can ask it. I know Jehovah resides in heaven, but where does he really live? Thanks. Felix

Post subject: Re: Where does god live?
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:24 pm 

Hi, and Welcome!

Are you asking where heaven is? If so, I don't believe that can be located in physical terms.

I will start by saying, "I don't know". But, I have considered possibilities:

Since "God is a spirit" (John 4:24), he resides in a spiritual realm. I personally cannot say "where" that is. I don't think it's so much of a "where" as it is a different plane of existence. To describe it to us, Bible writers used terms like "down out of heaven", "the heavens of the heavens", "the third heaven". Christ "ascended far above all the heavens". Jacob had a dream of a "stairway to heaven". All these give the idea that heaven is 'up there' or 'out there', somewhere.

There are other factors to consider. When Daniel was praying, an angel was sent to him before his prayer was finished. (Dan 9:17) When Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were thrown into the furnace, an angel was sent to protect them. When Daniel was thrown in to the lion's pit, an angel shut the mouths of those lions. All this had to happen very quickly. Especially so, considering the lions, who crushed the bones of those thrown in after he was taken out before they ever hit the bottom. (Dan 6:24) So heaven may not exactly be a "where". It may very well be all around us and we simply cannot perceive it in our physical form.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:55 pm 

Pleiades!
With these chicks:
::))

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:06 am 

I would like to respond, if I may, dear FH (peace to you and once again, welcome!). Unlike the physical realm, wherein matter is finite and can only occupy once space at a time, the "place" where the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies, resides/lives/dwells... is both far... AND near. Jeremiah 23:23

Literally, where He "lives" is an entirely different universe (although universe isn't really accurate; universe describes a physical realm and His is not physical - it is primarily a "plane" of pure energy that has different levels. Many, yet within a few. I digress.)

The thing is... and this most important for US, we who DO reside in the physical realm... HE resides in the physical realm, too! While His dwelling in the spirit realm is literal (although keep in mind, the spirit realm is also IN HIM... it being the "womb" of the "Woman"... His FREE "wife," the "Jerusalem" or city/dwelling place of DOUBLE peace")... He ALSO dwells/lives/resides in the PHYSICAL realm!

Where? Well, at one time it was in the "Most Holy" of the tabernacle in the Arabian wilderness, then in its replace, the temple at Jerusalem (the city/place of double peace) on EARTH.

But due to the rejection of Him by the people to whom that city was entrusted, He REMOVED His (holy) spirit... or life force... from that physical structure... and put it in ANOTHER physical temple: the physical body of the One He called His "loved/beloved" Son. Matthew 3:16; Mark 1:10; Luke 3:22; John 1:32; John 2:19-22

But wait. It gets better. Because that SON didn't keep that "visitation to himself. Nope. HE used HIS authority... and granted to OTHERS to become "temples" in THIS realm, the physical, for God to live/dwell/reside in, too! By means of a MARRIAGE to HIM! By becoming HIS bride... and so HIS wife... they become one... with HIM and so one SPIRIT (as a man and woman become one FLESH)... and so PART of the temple... or dwelling place of God, the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies... WITH him!

]John 3:6-8; 14:2, 23; 20:22
Acts 2:1-4
Romans 8:9, 10
Ephesus 2:19-22
1 Peter 2:5
Isaiah 2:2, 32
Jeremiah 2:2, 32
Revelation 14:4; 21:2, 3, 9-27

And so God dwells/lives far away... in a realm WE cannot access because we are flesh and blood (and flesh with its blood cannot enter the spirit realm)... and yet, He is near. By means of dwelling NOT in handmade temples (of wood/stone, etc.), built by MEN... but in the temple built by His SON, which is made of PEOPLE.

As that Son, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH ( MischaJah), said to his disciples

"The kingdom [of God]... is in YOU/INSIDE you/in YOUR MIDST."

I hope this helps... and, again, welcome!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:34 am 

The easiest way to understand it, based on how we all have been exposed to popular sci-fi, is to look at God as living in a parallel universe/dimension that is in the same universe as we are BUT in a different "time/space".

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:00 pm 

I realize that God resides on/in a spiritual plane, yet he sometimes condescends to move in the physical realm, right? The Native Americans have often said that the Great Spirit lives in life like in humans, in animals, in plants, etc., stating that he is everywhere and in everything. I’ve wondered sometimes how can he be in life, in everything, when everything is not godlike. Mean bad people exist so that even though they are alive god isn’t found in them and also god destroys bad people so that even though they are alive god isn’t found in them again.

So how can god be in these lives if he can? But god created the physical world. Seems like a contradiction.

All life is created by god but all life isn’t godly. Am I making any sense?

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:05 pm 

Welcome Felix!

I think the simplest explanation is that God does not dwell in all life.

As has been stated above, God dwells in the spiritual realm. He also dwelled for a time in the Temple (that the Israelites built). But He removed His spirit from that temple... and dwelled instead in the Temple that His Son is building. That temple (the Body of Christ) is made up of men - men to whom Christ gives holy spirit (life), that He receives from God.

Peace to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:50 pm 

Also, please do not think that I am trying to state that those who are in Christ are good, while those who are not in God are bad.

"There are none good, except God, Himself." (mark 10:18)

All men sin. All men do bad things (things that do not stem from love... love of God, of Christ, of friend, and of foe). And all men have a choice in what they choose to do - to obey Christ or not; to act from love or not. It should not be so easy to DELIBERATELY sin, if one is in Christ, and learning from Him, and/or if the law is written upon their hearts. But fear, worry, greed, jealousy, pride, etc... all these things can cause us to sin; as well as ignorance that can cause us to sin unknowingly. Especially when we do not (or refuse to) SEE the truth about ourselves. Once shown though, we who are in Christ SHOULD do as David did... and humble ourselves before God, acknowledging our sin and asking forgiveness.

It is also a reason as to why we should forgive others who sin against US... because how can we ask to BE forgiven, if we are not willing TO forgive?

So it is not really about being 'good' or being 'bad'... but about faith, and Christ, and HIS blood that makes clean His Body (all who belong to Him), and allowing forgiveness of sins. God can dwell in THAT temple.

I hope that helps!

Peace again to you, as Christ gives peace... and ears to hear the Spirit (who is Christ) and the Bride who says to YOU,

"Come... take the free gift of the water of life." (Revelation 22:17)

(which water is holy spirit, poured out from God, through Christ... to anyone He chooses to give it to... and here He is calling and telling anyone to come, and take that gift, for free)

Your servant, and a slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:25 am 

Felix Herman wrote:
I realize that God resides on/in a spiritual plane, yet he sometimes condescends to move in the physical realm, right? The Native Americans have often said that the Great Spirit lives in life like in humans, in animals, in plants, etc., stating that he is everywhere and in everything. I’ve wondered sometimes how can he be in life, in everything, when everything is not godlike. Mean bad people exist so that even though they are alive god isn’t found in them and also god destroys bad people so that even though they are alive god isn’t found in them again.

So how can god be in these lives if he can? But god created the physical world. Seems like a contradiction.

All life is created by god but all life isn’t godly. Am I making any sense?

God's creative process is unknown to us.
What we do know is that God is a love and that He wishes all to come to Him in Love and us such, ALL of creation has the "free will" to do that OR reject that ( there is no love if there is no choice).
Creation can't be "godly", all it can be is "good", not perfect mind you, but good.
But what does good mean?
It means Good for the purpose it was created for.
The purpose was as an expression of God's love and we ( all of creation) is at our best WHEN we are in His Love.
We can choose to be in His love or to not be.
God is in all of Us, all of creation, His "fingerprint" is their, His love is their.
What we do with that, whether we choose to be "in it" or to not, is up to Us.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:53 am 

Well stated, all (and peace to you, all!). Unfortunately, I may have mistook dear FH (peace to you!) as seeking a literal answer (versus abstract). Perhaps if you would expound a bit more as to why you've asked such a question it might be helpful. I say this because while many teach that we CANNOT know things of this nature the truth is we can. But only by means of one Source: Christ, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit. Through the that One and the spirit of God he gives one one can and will be led into ALL truth, including the truth about this matter (where God lives). So we don't HAVE to speculate or even opine. We only need go to that One and rely on HIS words. Put FAITH in them. And we can know ALL truth, especially as such relates to the Father

The only thing he CAN'T tell you is what HE doesn't know. And there is only one thing HE doesn't know: the date and hour of his return.

Other than that, though, he IS the Truth and so the DISHONORS of truth, indeed ALL truth. When we get into abstracts, however, for instance, trying to understand God from a non - literal POV, we can get into trouble with our understanding of Him and the REALITIES.

We can't say we "believe" Christ is the Son AND WORD of God, that he was resurrected from the dead and so LIVES, and IS/SOME - SPEAKS TRUTH... yet NOT believe that he KNOWS... and will tell THIS WHO BELONG TO HIM... the truth. It CANNOT happen that way. If NOTHING else... LOGIC... DICTATES... that it cannot happen that way.

Because HE said that he tells HIS friends ALL that HE does/knows. And if he IS the TRUTH... then that MUST be TRUE.

So, we don't have to wonder or speculate or opine or debate. All we have to do... is ASK... and then PUT that FAITH that we say we HAVE... in what he TELLS us.

EVEN as to a matter such as where does God live.

I hope this helps, truly.

Peace to you all!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:41 pm 

Quote:
Other than that, though, he IS the Truth and so the DISHONORS of truth, indeed ALL truth.

What were you trying to say here with the DISHONORS part?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:45 pm 

I wasn’t asking about the abstract, I was asking about the real. Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

So, if I understand you correctly Aguest what your saying is that while the person of God resides in the Heaven of Heavens in the spiritual realm, he has at times made his presence known or felt in the physical realm. First in the tent in the wilderness, second in the two temples in Jerusalem, third in Christ Jesus, and fourth and now in the disciples of Christ who have been chosen.

Do I got it right? This sounds like when Christ spoke of him and his father making their abode with his followers.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:42 pm 

The maker of space and time does not dwell in that realm. His home is not a "place" as we know it; calling it that is a limitation of human language and understanding.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:29 pm 

Yikes! I meant the DISPENSER of truth, dear LQ (peace to you, thanks for the catch... and DRAT my new phone!) - LOLOL!

And yes, that's exactly what I meant, dear FH (peace to you, as well!).

Quote:
The maker of space and time does not dwell in that realm. His home is not a "place" as we know it; calling it that is a limitation of human language and understanding.

I understand what you mean, dear GL (peace to you, too, dear one!)... but that is how my Lord stated it to me: the "place" where JAH "resides"... meaning, lives. Meaning the origin of HIS "source". Not as in a beginning of that source, but it's base location. And there is a location, albeit not one that is geographical, physical, or tangible. I think the limitation comes in when we assume a word has only the meaning we most often attribute to it. But that is not always the case.

Funny thing: I kept thinking about the word "board," the other day. That one word can mean anything from a plank of wood to a body of people (board of directors), a governing entity (Air Quality Board) to the embarking/disembarking of a form of transportation of some type ("board the train"), a sports apparatus (skate/surf board) to a type of torture (waterboard)... to go along with/understanding what's occurring ("get on board")... and more.

But then, there's bored, as in "I'm bored"... and bored, as in "he bored a hole in the wall"... and boared, as in "he such a pig, he boared his way into the party!", which can also be stated as "boored"... etc.

Two words, several meanings... sounding the same. And the ancient Aramaic/Hebrew language was built on sound - phonetics.

"Place" might be one of these kinds of words.

Peace!

Your servant and slave of Christ,

Shellamar