xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:49 pm 
Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

I hear you, dear P (peace to you!). And please excuse my... mmmmm... passion, here, but I have to ask: there is some putting faith IN/calling ON a "name" involved is there not? And that name would be that of the One through whom that gift is granted, right? Otherwise, why not let's all just use, say, "Vishnu"? Or perhaps "Molech"? Heck, "Ba'al"... I mean, since the name really doesn't matter... and the gift will be given to all (regardless of the name they use)? What's the point OF a name... and all the hoopla ABOUT a name... if the name doesn't really make any difference?

Please know, I am not trying to chide you here; I sincerely wish to know why we should know/use ANY name... if knowing the [accurate] name isn't necessary. What would be the point?

I hear you, dear one... and I hope you hear me. I agree that it is a gift, but it is a gift because of God's MERCY... upon whom He chooses to SHOW that mercy... and not because it's something that will be given to all. Otherwise... what really is the point? And what of Gog, et al.?

Most importantly, what of OUR love for THEM? Would not that love compel us to what to get and share things accurately as to them... including their names? How can I say I love you... if I don't even know your name (how can I know YOU... if I don't know your name?)... or, if I do know you/your name I refuse to use it or tell others about it... because I'm concerned with what they'll think of me for doing so? Who do I love MORE? Or those people or you? Or perhaps I love myself more... because I don't want to deal with the rejection that might come as a result of using your name?

I must ask you: is it possible the WTBTS' reverence for... and means to make folks use the name THEY do... is yet another "tool" of the Adversary - that if he can get us to hesitate, perhaps even refrain from using ANY name... as a result of THEIR pushings about it and our concerns associated with that... that he has yet accomplished HIS goal... once again? I mean, he does keep transforming himself into an angel of light. Is that perhaps why the Divine name was removed in the first place... under the guise of being too "holy" to utter? Which is what many thought... and some still do think... for millenia? But was/is that TRUE? Should we know/use a name at all? If so, which one? The ones the scribes chose? The one the majority of the people in the world "know" and accept? Or the accurate one? If mean, if one is going to USE/call on/put faith in... a name...

I truly cannot see how it can be a concern, dear one... unless we, too, are false christs and only trying to once again mislead God's sheep into yet another organization that will control, enslave, and hold power over them... by using a name. Which is not what we're doing. We COULD call ourselves "Jesus' Witnesses"... and then what? Should folks listen to us simply because of that title? Or should all follow the LAMB... wherever HE goes... and not man or man's organizations... regardless of what they call themselves or WHO they say they "follow"?

Dearest, it is NOT a name I throw about lightly. I don't use it with folks who have absolutely no background with "Jehovah" (other than they know "the Jehovahs Witnesses" are out there. For them, I simply use "the Christ." For those who DO know the name "Jehovah", though... I share with them that not only is THAT name inaccurate as to the MOST Holy One of Israel... neither is the name most call His Son, the Holy One of Israel. I don' tell them that they have to call upon a different name.

I don't even tell YOU that, dear one. I just put the truth about it out there... and let folks decide for themselves. IF they ask me why I hear as I do, though, I have to tell them honestly WHO it is I hear FROM. And it's not "Jesus," I promise you.

Again, I know you hear me... and I respect your... mmmmmm... caution. It is what you SHOULD have, given what man has done using names. But sharing the name given me is only what I should do... as a servant of the One who gave it to me.

Please, continue with your words of caution if you feel that's what you have been called to do; I take no offense, truly. But you know how I will respond, right (smile)? And so I thank YOU for your kind patience with ME on this matter. Truly.

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant (always), sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA, who doesn't expect or call upon anyone to be as... mmmmm... passionate about the name as she is, not at all - to his own master each one wills stand or fall. As for me... in MY integrity, I MUST walk...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:49 pm 
Site Admin

TEC SAID

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:05 am Post subject:
I hear both of you on this.

If one knows His name, then one should (out of love, respect for Him) use His name.

But He still hears (and also answers) those who do not yet know or use His name. I know this because He heard and answered me. Admittedly, I had stopped using 'Jesus' by then, but all I had left was His title. I did not have His name, and I did not take anyone's word for it, or agree that it was as important as the WTS makes 'jehovah' out to be.

Let us say that someone knew his name (as it is), and used that name... but was full of darkness and anger and hate, or was without any faith in Him. How much would calling upon that name matter to that person? (Though would such a person call upon that name?)

And vice versa?

I do not know if/that I have heard from him on this, but I will continue to ask and then listen to what he tells me.

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

YPPUPLLEH SAID

This is silly

Prayer is done in many languages. Pronunciation will always be different. Toe-MAY-toe or toe-MAH-toe.

Site Admin

JUSTMOM SAID

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:47 am Post subject:
Quote:
[quote="AGuest]

"I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them." John 17:26

As our Lord himself is recorded to have said, he didn't come in his own name - he came in the FATHER'S name. WE, the Body, have the task of ensuring that that name IS "sanctified"... among US. But how can that be if we don't even use the RIGHT name?

This isn't about semantics, dear one... it's about respect, regard... and obedience. I say that again, for emphasis. If you doubt that the correct name is important, I implore you to read the Psalms... in their entirety, again. Particularly Chapters 5-9, 18, 20, 22, 29, 31, 33, 34, 41, 44, 45, 48, 52, 54, 61, 63, 66, 68, 69, 72, 74, 75, 79, 80, 83, 86, 89, 91, 92, 96, 99, 100, 102, 103, 105, 106, 109, 111, 113, 115, 116, 118, 119, 122, 124, 129, 135, 138, 139, 140, 142, 143, 145, 148, and 149.

AGuest [/quote]

Thank You! "Let EVERY breathing thing, Praise JaH!!"

Love Justmom

Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

Quote:
Quote:
This is silly

Perhaps, dear HP (peace to you, luv!), but this is the place to discuss such "silliness", right? Dear P (the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one) and I hear each other... and take no issue with each other. We are simply exchanging with one another our individual "reason" for believing as we do. Unfortunately, I am considerably more wordy that dear P... but he "knows" me (and I him) and we're just having a discussion as we would perhaps have, say, on the phone. A kind of "party line", if you will.

Please, bear with us? Thank you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:51 pm 
Site Admin

YPPUPLLEH SAID

I will bear with silliness ;P

Site Admin

YPPUPLLEH SAID

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:05 am Post subject:
In Korean, Jesus is pronounced "Yesu". I wonder how that occurred as there is a "J" sound in the Korean language.

Site Admin

PSACRAMENTO SAID

I love Shelby deeply with all my heart, she is a dear sister and has opened my eyes in more ways than I can ever mention
I hole all her words with great love and respect.
I never take offense to anything she says.
We can discuss this, argue about this, even disagree and I will always love her deeply and respect her views and DEFEND her views 100%.
This discussion is out of love for each other and there will be no "Judicial commitee" about it, LMAO !!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:52 pm 
Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

And the same from me as to dear PSacto! The greatest of love and peace to you, dear one... and to you, too, dear HP... and thank you for putting up with our silliness - LOLOLOL!

I have one more thought to share on this matter, if you will indulge me. One of the things on JWN that bothers me most is the many, many, many claims from folks as to those who, for most of their lives and particularly when children... called out to "Jesus" for help/comfort... but did not receive it. In some instances, their very lives were called out for - yet, per them, "no answer" (as far as anyone could discern). And such ones use these as example to declare that our God does not exist, that our Lord not only doesn't speak, he doesn't listen... HE doesn't exist... or is just a man who is now dead.

I AGONIZED when I first heard folks talking like this. Why? Because I knew BETTER. I knew, one, because of my own experiences... the differences from when I called on "Jesus"... and the One I call on now. But also... because of THESE words:

"Also, whatever it is that ​YOU​ ask in my name, I will do this, in order that the Father may be glorified in connection with the Son. If ​YOU​ ask anything in my name, I will do it. John 14:13, 14

and...

"YOU​ did not choose me, but I chose ​YOU, and I appointed ​YOU​ to go on and keep bearing fruit and that ​YOUR​ fruit should remain; in order that no matter what ​YOU​ ask the Father in my name he might give it to ​YOU." John 15:16

If this IS true (and why wouldn't they be?) then how can one call on his name... and NOT receive what they ask for? Did our Lord lie? Or... is it possible that there's another issue... the NAME they might be asking IN? If it's not the NAME such ones are calling on... if the NAME "Jesus" is accurate, or the proper pronunciation isn't really all that important... then we have NO choice but to conclude that our dear Lord's words are false. Which WE know is NOT the case... cannot be.

So... this is one of those matters where CRITICAL thinking is... well, critical!! Where we must THINK: why state that calling on his name would cause the Father to hear and act... if doing so resulted in no such thing?? Why even bother making the statement?

He bothered, dear one... because it was TRUE. The thing is... WHAT name are we to call ON?

One of the reasons I use our dear Lord's accurate name, in addition to my love for him, is what I learned as to his words to ME on this: they have proven true EVERY time! ALL that I've ask... IN HIS NAME... I have received (and yes, I have been and am [very] careful what I ask for... because we reap what we sow - I don't want to ask for something that might/will, ultimately, lead me AWAY from him/JAH). Prior to knowing his name as I do now, I received when I called on "Christ." But "Jesus"? I have to say that I was in the same boat as most who call(ed) on that name: wondering what I did "wrong" when/because I didn't receive what I had asked for.

Imagine MY joy, then, when I understood the importance of the name. Yes, the WTBTS places similar emphasis... but on the WRONG name... and for the WRONG reason: they use the names "Jehovah" and "Jesus" to control people and mislead them... into following THEM. NOT God or Christ!

So, I hope this helps you see, dear one, why I try to stick to the accurate name: it does matter. Again, I understand that some long-held "traditions" may keep us from recognizing the truth of this matter; however, as Paul (?) came to realize... we have the power, NOT by the flesh, but within us, to "overturn strongly entrenched things... overturn reasonings and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God"... and "we are bringing EVERY though into captivity to make it obedient to the CHRIST."

ALL of us have had to lose some, if not most, of what we USED to believe as to God and Christ. And we become free-er and free-er as a result. If the Holy One of Israel reveals to us, though, that God's name and his are NOT as the world calls them but as HE reveals to us... should we falter, hesitate, procrastinate... even refuse acceptance... because it's not what "most" know and use? Or because we're not quite ready to receive it?

Or should we REJOICE that what was promised is being revealed to US... while perhaps not to ALL men? What, though, would be different about that than it was for our first century brothers? Were not things revealed to THEM that most had never heard before... including God's name (which the scribes had removed from the Writings, but Christ said HE "made known" to those given HIM?).

I understand that not all are ready or able to get the sense of why the name is important, truly. And so I don't call upon ANY to use it if they choose not to. But I can't... in all good conscience... minimize its importance simply because others are not "there" yet. I can continue following the Lamb... and be led to the MOST Holy... or I can deviate and follow other sheep... who may still be wandering a bit.

I choose the former... because I KNOW he will not lose a single one of the sheep given him... not one (save the Son of Destruction... and none that I know are that one).

I hope this helps, dear one... at least so that you understand WHY it's important to me, and that I do not call upon any others to "see" or "hear" what I do about it, because our Lord will reveal whatever they need to THEM... in HIS due time... while I just continue doing as he instructs ME.

As always, the greatest of love and peace to you... to time indefinite!

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:52 pm 
Site Admin

PSACRAMENTO SAID

I totally understand why this is important to you Shel and respect that 100% and love you all the more dearly because of it my sister