xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Found this article
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:40 pm 

and wanted your thoughts. Its from a book called Cosmic Cradle, Spiritual Dimensions of Life before Birth.

Did you pick your mother - or did she pick you?"

This a big question in pre-birth research. There is not a simple answer. There may be varying degrees of ability to choose certain parts of our life before we are born. Read our book Cosmic Cradle to learn about the people who have these "natural" memories of choosing their parents, etc.

Here is one of example of pre-birth memories from our book, Cosmic Cradle, Spiritual Dimensions of Life before Birth:

Beverly and two-year old Taylor were having a conversation. Beverly said, "Thank you so much for being my son! I am proud that you are my little boy. I appreciate being your Mommy."

Taylor stopped playing with his toys and leaned over. His eyes got these tiny slits and he said, "But Mommy, didn’t you know, I picked you?"

Beverly replied, "Excuse me, run that by me one more time."

He said, "I picked you because I knew you would be a good Mommy. You would take good care of me. And I love you."

Beverly said, "Really? You picked me to be your mommy?"

He explained, "Well, you also picked me to be your son. We can’t do this unless we agree."

Beverly said, "That works fine for me. Does it work for you?"

Taylor answered, "Yeah, it’s good for me too."

Beverly walked away thinking, "This child just had an abstract, advanced Buddhist philosophy conversation, and he is barely old enough to understand the words he is spitting out!"

This is a fascinating area to study. Please read the rest of Taylor's story in Chapter 13, A Mystical Mother’s Journey, Cosmic Cradle, Spiritual Dimensions of Life before Birth.

We also have reports from the parents who are sensitive to the incoming child seeking birth to them before conception via a dream, vision, telepathic communication. in some cases, they agree to be the parent. some have to be coaxed into it. There are all different scenarios!

Cosmic Cradle, Spiritual Dimensions of Life before Birth shares over 100 pre-birth stories from contemporary people we interviewed.

In Cosmic Cradle, we also reference the different cultures, religions, philosophies, indigenous peoples and what they say about all this.

Post subject: Re: Found this article
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:36 am 

Quote:
wanted your thoughts.

Mornin' dear WS... and peace to you! Interesting article... and concept. It is not my understanding, however, and given the number of parents/children who DON'T feel this way, I would say that, even if I didn't understand what I do... I would have to consider it a highly unlikely phenomenon. What I DO understand from my Lord, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... is that for one group... "Israel" (i.e., those who seek/belong to JAH and have been given to Christ)... the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies, chooses which seed will come through which fleshly parents. And we have a PLETHORA of examples written to show this, Christ, being the foremost. But even the lineag of Israel evidences that. Long before Israel, actually. We can look at Abel... Seth... Noah... Shem... Abraham... Isaac Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Samson, Samuel, David, Solomon... and all those in between. And not just men. We can look at women like Ruth... Elizabeth... Mary... who were specifically chosen to CARRY the seed.

I learned this personally from my dear Lord... when he explained to me that my own children were not TRULY my own... but that I was merely the one entrusted with their care. A physical "foster" parent... until the time that JAH Himself took over as their SPIRITUAL parent. I learned it when he reminded me of the day, long ago when, while sitting in a KH, I realized that I didn't have a CLUE as to how to raise these two small people "right." Nor was I sure the WTBTS did, either. And so, I did what Hannah did: and right then and there "dedicated" them to "Jehovah." I told Him that I didn't know what was "best" for them and so I was giving them to Him.

And I did. Whenever my children asked me as to a decision regarding a choice in THEIR lives... and I didn't know the "right" answer, I would tell them to "take it to [their] Father," and then let me know what "He" told them... and that's what we would go with. For instance, my daughter was invited to a school dance when she was about 13-14. Being a JW, I wasn't sure if I should let her go. Some JW parents allowed their children to participate in things like that; some spoke against such things. So, I told her to ask her "Father," that night, and whatever HE told her, I would support. The next morning, she told me that "He" had told her she should NOT go... and so SHE didn't want to. Talk about a relief! I didn't even have to MAKE a decision, let alone be the "bad guy"... OR a "poor mom"!!

And I have always handled things with them that way: ask... and then share with me what YOU hear. I did not understand "hearing" then, as I do now. But my children did. They THOUGHT I meant what I understand NOW (as to hearing), when all I meant was whatever "answer" they received to their "prayer."

I digress.

Once I understood that the seed are placed with whomever JAH wishes, I THEN learned/understood that our parents are NOT an accident. Rather, they are surrogates, as some of us may also be. Regardless of their relationship... whether they get along/stay together/live... or not... THEY were chosen to conceive and carry us (and perhaps some of us carry additional seed - not all who carry seed ARE seed - Ruth and Rahab are fleshly examples of that: non-Israelite women chosen, due to their FAITH, to carry on the lineage by carrying the seed [of Israel]). Which is WHY the command to "HONOR your father and mother"... is the ONLY command that comes with a promise: "That is may GO WELL with you..."

We didn't/don't belong to THEM, our parents, either... except to the extent they were/are to "foster" and care for us physically (and, to the extent THEY ask, understood, and receive... spiritually - although the obligation is there, regardless, simply because another IS entrusted to be cared for). That some may have failed... in EITHER sense, physically OR spiritually, is totally irrelevant, though; they are surrogates/fosters... CHOSEN BY the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies... until such time as HE, our TRUE parent, calls for us to come to and finish being "raised" by HIM. Which He does... through Christ. Until that time, though, disrespecting/dishonorng THEM... is to disrespect/dishonor HIM. So, even when we are being "tried" by them, WE must remember that.

Because all of this is VERY significant. You see, just as our spouses/mates are our BROTHERS/SISTERS... in Christ... FIRST (and so, should ALWAYS be treated accordingly!)... and the same with our children... they are also our brothers/sisters... in Christ... because we share the same BLOOD (or are one in flesh)... we should treat such ones accordingly. Even MORE so if we are brothers/sisters in CHRIST. In that event, we have the same FATHER... JAH... and so must ALWAYS treat one another accordingly, with consideration as to our FLESHLY relationship/union coming AFTER that. And who of us would treat a SPIRITUAL brother/sister poorly?

When we treat them... our mates, children, parents... poorly, then, we are, in essence, treating Christ... and by default, JAH... poorly ("To the extent you did it to the least one of these my brothers, you did it to me"). Much more so than if we were treating a stranger poorly. Why? Because... if we are to love our NEIGHBOR... AS (we love) ourselves... how much MORE are we to love our OWN flesh?

And THAT is what our children and parents (of course)... AND our spouses ("bone of MY bone, flesh of MY flesh") ARE: ourselves.

What of those who do NOT belong to JAH/Christ, though? (Smile) The word of my Lord to me is that THEY are born... "in the manner of the FLESH." And thus, THEIR parentage... IS totally random. PURELY fleshly/physical, with no hand in it from JAH whatsoever.

I hope this helps, dear WS... and peace to you and your entire household/family!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

From someone who wishes to remain unnamed:

I don't understand. Why did I have to suffer like I did but others are randomly sent to their parents and have wonderful lives? I prayed hard and begged for mercy about how I feel about my parents. I still do. They were so controlling and when I tried to pull away it was horrendous. I'm grown now but I've been greatly hurt by them. I feel they abused me (yelling, screaming, humilation, and more) and I just don't understand why. I really struggled hard to love them but there's only so much pain and hurt one person can go through before saying enough is enough.

You (AGUEST) said:

Quote:
What of those who do NOT belong to JAH/Christ? (Smile) THEY are born... "in the manner of the FLESH." And thus, THEIR parentage... is totally random. PURELY fleshly/physical, with no hand in it from JAH whatsoever

I can accept that for others, but for me but the fact that I was SENT to my parents makes me sick to my stomach. I'm sorry but I just don't understand why MY parents were chosen for ME. I always said MY child was sent to me and I treasure that. We have our times (I admit, I'm not always easy to live with; I have my own issues to deal with), but I try hard to make my child feel safe and happy.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:39 pm 

Fascinating...

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:41 pm 

Peace to you, dear one! Perhaps you are overlooking some important things:

1. We did not all have fabulous lives. You may have suffered greatly so I don't want to diminish that, but some of us... MOST of us... had/have similar experiences... or worse;

2. Our dear Lord himself was tested, though, was he not... in ALL respects? And a slave is not greater than his/her master, right? And there is NO mention of his stepfather Joseph, however, we know his fleshly siblings did NOT well-regard him initiallt; yet

3. HE learned obedience... from the things HE suffered;

4. It may not be about our fleshly parents so much as about OUR obedience... to JAH'a Law (to honor our parents... EVEN if you don't like/love them);

5. Which is fulfilled in loving JAH with OUR whole heart, mind, strength, etc., AND loving even our ENEMIES, which a parent can show themselves to be (although many of them are only perpetuating parenting as such was imposed on THEM... and so might warrant a LITTLE compassion and understanding, ESPECIALLY if our OWN parenting skills are... mmmm... questionable... else with the same judgment that WE judge we will BE judged); AND...

6. Some of OUR parents are... or at least profess(ed) to be... also members of Christ's Body, yes (as some of our children are/profess to be... which makes us THEIR parents)... and so we should be cautious as we MIGHT be guilty ourselves as "against" our BROTHER/SISTER in Christ, by how we treat/speak as to them. We should certainly take care as to how we treat our own children, then, yes? And please know I heard you as to your love and which to make YOUR child feel safe and happy, so I don't want to disregard that.

Dear one, I can't make you feel better about JAH'S decisions in this, about WHY He chooses the parents He does, but from a personal aspect, I implicitly trust HIM. And because of that I have no questions as to the parents He chose for me or why. And I wasn't raised in a bed of roses, either, by ANY stretch. But I also realize that he not chose them I would not be ME (and not just me with a different life). Even more important (to me, anyway)... my children would not be who THEY are. And I wouldn't trade either one of THEM for ANY other child that has EVER lived. They are perfect for ME. Indeed, THEY are the very reason I sought and keeping JAH, Christ, and the kingdom. Because while I might debate just what I owe my children, I realize I AT LEAST owe them the TRUTH. And ESPECIALLY the truth about JAH and Christ. MY life isn't about me; its about JAH, Christ... and MY household.

Because I am the one called to act as "priest" and so supplicate for... and on behalf OF my household. As are you, if your profession of union with Christ is true. I have no reason to believe it isn't... nor do I think you have. So, I hope that gives you an... mmmmmm... "easier" outlook/way to view these things. I hope.

Regardless, may JAH and Christ give you peace... and strength!

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:51 pm 

We have to remember, dear ones, the seed can be persecuted even by their their own flesh, right? Did our dear Lord not warn us:

"A man's (or woman's) enemies WILL be members of his/her OWN household."

He did. Surely, he left enough information so that we should what is occurring with us... in THIS kind of situation as well as others... and WHY. Even so, if that's not enough, then we have him himself WITH us... to tell us... NOW. To recall to our minds not just what he told his disciples and has been written down (in the Bible and elsewhere for us... but what was told to us AS the seed... long before we were "thrown down" here (into the physical realm) and is written by him ON OUR HEARTS... while we're here.

If we would just LISTEN... to HIS words... whether in reading them, or even better, directly from his lips, we would know ALL things. Including why we were given to "come through" THOSE we did. Because he will lead us, won't he, into ALL truth, even as to that. So long as we have FAITH... and EXERCISE that faith... that he will.

Doubting, pointing the finger at, and/or blaming JAH (for our parents' conduct) isn't having or exercising faith in Him... or in the One he sent to suffer FOR and lead us.

I hope this helps, truly.

As always, the greatest of love and peace to you all!

YSSS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

The unnamed poster stated:

I understand that honoring one's parents is obedience to the Most Holy One and I accept that. I think I need to read what you posted as regards Israel being sent again to certain ones again. It might explain why my family and I view each other so differently. But then again, how people can be very different than their families, considering that their parents might have been chosen by God for them? Many are considered to be the "black sheep" of the family. I don't mean that they are bad, but that their personality/characteristics are often different, even opposite from the rest of their family. Because of this, they and their characteristics are not "approved", "liked", or "accepted" by others in the family.

You said:

Quote:
"A man's (or woman's) enemies WILL be members of his/her OWN household."

In my heart I know this but I kept thinking that can't REALLY happen, at least, not in MY household. I kept thinking "MY family loves me; THEY wouldn't do this." But I guess I am learning that if I just accept it as the truth it is, then I can throw it on the Lord and then he can deal with it. Then I can be unburdened and enjoy my life.

You said:

Quote:
Doubting, pointing the finger at, and/or blaming JAH (for our parents' conduct) isn't having or exercising faith in Him, luv... or in the One he sent to suffer FOR and lead us.

I didn't mean to give the impression I blame/doubt JAH or am pointing the finger at him because I don't/am not. I just questioned why so that I can understand. It's hard to swallow sometimes, yes, but I know it's not done to hurt me maliciously.

I am very different from my family. They are more conservative; I am more creative. They are pretty cut and dried, pretty black and white. I can't be like that. We view things very differently, react/respond to things very differently, like different things, see most things differently. If anyone knew us they might not think we were from the same family lol

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:25 pm 

I think what you're asking is whether/how can very different people come from the same parents (again, peace to you!)? And, yes, they absolutely can... and do! All the time!

So, okay, you're different. Not like your brother. Or mother. Or sisters. Whatever. Own it, dear one. Embrace it. Embrace YOU... and stop wishing, wanting... and waiting for... others [of flesh] to do it. Love of others MUST be proceeded by love of self. Not only will it help YOU, but help YOU help others to love you AND love THEMSELVES. Hurt(ing) people... hurt (other) people... and often, themselves.

YOU have to accept who you are and THAT includes accepting what all comes WITH that... including persecution, enemies, maybe (but not necessarily likely) even death. Because we aren't promised a ROSE GARDEN. Nor are we promised kingship... and thus adoration and high regard from MEN (humans)... in THIS world. That is a promise for the NEXT world... IF we endure to END of THIS world a system of things. For NOW... and HERE... we are promised a TORTURE pole/stake/tree. And the "test" is whether we carry such WILLINGLY... and with JOY... and so PROVE ourselves sons of our Heavenly Father and thus worthy TO rule in His kingdom... because we are SUBDUED by and learn PEACE... from His Son, so that like THAT One we TOO will say, as to our "enemies"... EVEN if of our own household... "Father, FORGIVE them; they DON'T KNOW what they do!"...

OR... we show ourselves to actually be part of the WORLD... by LOVING the world and ITS desires. Which we show when we WANT everyone to speak well of us. I mean, just read and compare Matthew 5:10-12 with Luke 6:24:29. That might help you see what it is we SHOULD... and should NOT... want from others. At least, as far as JAH and Christ, are concerned.

Again, peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:40 pm 

P.S.: Keep in mind, however (peace to you!)... owning who we are doesn't mean becoming self-assuming, haughty, and/or "lording" it over others, though, luv. We are, after all, not ruling as kings YET... but servants to ALL. Especially those of our own flesh. WE just don't forget who we are... even if everyone else (in THIS world) does. WE are not special, dear one. OUR FATHER... and His SON who BOUGHT us... are special. WE... are "good for nothing" servants. And when we do GOOD... we are simply doing what we OUGHT to have done... in the FIRST place. REGARDLESS of Who our Father is... but ESPECIALLY... BECAUSE of Who OUR Father is.

I hope that helps!

Again, peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:31 pm 

Quote:
...but servants to ALL. Especially those of our own flesh.

Do you think perhaps that some may have been chosen to come through certain parents... not only for whatever experience was needed for them, and for them to learn/pass on (or avoid, lol) for THEIR children (as well as anything that might be needed to serve others, by the experience and teaching -whatever that might be - from their own parent(s).... but also to help/serve their own parents?

I also have no doubt that Jah has us going to whom we need to go, experiencing what we need to experience, etc, etc... to get/do/serve what we need to, as WE also choose, so as to be able to serve Christ and all those who belong to Him, who seek Him, etc, etc.

I find this so very comforting.

Peace and love to you all,
Your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:06 pm 

I actually asked the wrong question, dear tec (peace, luv!) as I misread what you stated. But im glad i did because as to what I DID ask, as often is the case my Lord answered with a question. I asked him if some chose (for themselves) to come through certain parents to help THEM. He asked me:

"Does the seed choose where it is sown... or does the hand of the planter place it?"

But that led me to ask as to the ultimate "place" of the "seed", because some seed ARE sown in rocky soil and so have no root; some are eaten by the birds; some are scorched by the sun, etc. As if the planter just threw them in the air and let them fall where they may, which they did "by accident." Some, though, are sown in "fine soil". Was THAT by accident? My Lord's next response, though, another question... questions, actually... was sublime. He asked ME:

"Do you truly believe the Father would not know where to sow HIS seed, child? Do you truly believe His hand unsteady, even so much so that He did not know where EACH of HIS seed was sown ["in the earth"]?

(And, yeah, that last part made ME go "Whoaaaa..." too! I mean, I've known for some time that the MOST HOLY One of Israel was a "planter/gardener/cultivator"... but somehow, his saying THIS gave me a WHOLE NEW perspective about that! He "PLANTED" Adham... IN THE GARDEN!!! - Genesis 2:8; John 15:1 I digress!)

"Do you TRULY believe He would have left it to HIS seed... each one being precious and of great value... to choose where it would land, once having left His hand? Does He not know where EVERY seed belonging to Him is placed... and carefully so?"

I was then reminded of his words as to the very hairs on our heads being numbered and known to JAH. How could that be, though, if He didn't even know where we had "fallen"? So, that kinda answered that for ME. NOTHING with regard to JAH's seed is left to chance. It just doesn't work that way. As to why some, indeed, many of that seed are placed with parents who are perhaps not as kind to them as they might be, my understanding is that it is more about the seed... and THEIR conduct/obedience... than that of those to whose care they are entrusted.

Because that seed must PROVE they are sons of our Heavenly Father. And they do that by loving even their enemies. And, again, such enemies MIGHT be persons of their own household. Matthew 5:43-48

I hope that helps, truly!

Peace to you and YOUR dear household!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:35 pm 

Quote:
So, that kinda answered that for ME, m'luv. NOTHING with regard to JAH's seed is left to chance. It just doesn't work that way. As to why some, indeed, many of that seed are placed with parents who are perhaps not as kind to them as they might be, my understanding is that it is more about the seed... and THEIR conduct/obedience... than that of those to whose care they are entrusted.

Because that seed must PROVE they are sons of our Heavenly Father. And they do that by loving even their enemies. And, again, such enemies MIGHT be persons of their own household. Matthew 5:43-48

(bold mine)

Yes, that does help. I was not worried about it, but yes, my spirit bears witness to the truth of this.

Peace and love to you,
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:39 pm 

Quote:
I actually asked the wrong question, dear tec (peace, luv!) as I misread what you stated.

LOL, it would not have been hard to misread what I wrote, seeing as I combined many things in one long, broken up sentence. Indeed, my Lord did 'caution' me on it... and just now looking back, I cannot read it fully without shaking my head and giving up ; )

Again, peace to you!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:08 am 

Quote:
As to why some, indeed, many of that seed are placed with parents who are perhaps not as kind to them as they might be, my understanding is that it is more about the seed... and THEIR conduct/obedience... than that of those to whose care they are entrusted.

I have a question about this. As we are sent to certain parents for whatever reason, does that mean that JAH knew what we were like as a seed? What we would become? Was my personality set? Or was it created due to my fleshly life? I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense, I don't really know how to word it.

Quote:
Because that seed must PROVE they are sons of our Heavenly Father. And they do that by loving even their enemies. And, again, such enemies MIGHT be persons of their own household.

So to prove we are sons then we must show love to EVERYONE? Regardless of how we may be treated?

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:20 am 

LOLOLOL! at dear tec (peace to you, luvvy!)... and, yeah, I read it a couple-few times and STILL got it wrong until AFTER responding to MY question our dear Lord said, "But you must know, that is not the question SHE asked YOU. You must read it again." And lo and behold... So I had to edit to splain why I went down the road I did. LOLOLOL!

Dear Sprout, mornin' and peace to you, dear chile'... as for your question, I have not heard. If I do, I will certainly share it.

Okay, gotta run, chikkens. Got a file audit to do!

Peace to you ALL and have a GREAT day! If I can, I will check in from time to time!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel