Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:24 pm 

How To Become A Cult Leader..
.......................Click the Link below:
...................Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=K4oEYQhtsYw

Is There Any Difference Between What You Just Saw And..
Your Experience In The WBT$?..

...............................................................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:55 pm 

Does anybody else notice how similar this approach is to the corporate gurus from the Management Fad of the Month Club?

Do not question our authority...
You are the weak one...
You are the problem...
You must do as we say, or bad things will happen...
Forget everything you know, because Everything You Know is Wrong!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:20 pm 

Peace Outlaw!

I was warned when I did my bible study that others (family/friends) may disapprove of me studying, and might want me to stop. That "warning" is even written at the end of the first chapter in their 'what does the bible really teach' book.

Quote:
As you learn more from the Bible, you may find that some well-meaning people will urge you to stop such studies. They may worry that you will change your beliefs. But do not let anyone stop you from forming the best friendship you can ever have.

And of course it is a warning that is often correct... because of harmful policies of the wts, at the least. But make note that family/friends are not objecting to you "learning from the bible"... but rather learning from/studying with the wts. They don't make that point very clear in their warning above, lol.

WTS is high control, so I recognize some of the techniques from the video (as well as other information about cults). Love-bombing, isolation, making everything else evil and scary... also, the song part about the awesome leader that they love made me think of the description some of you have given about the songs 'praising' the GB, and following the GB, etc. (I don't know any of the songs, but at the Memorial, I think there were references TO following the GB in those songs) Oh, also the repetitiveness of the meetings/study sessions/etc. Keeping people busy, busy, busy, so they don't have time to think.

I mean, I only did one study session a week... and even THAT, I needed to stop just to be able to have some time to think, to study on my own, without a weekly indoctrination session. So to think about those who are members with 3 (?) meetings a week, family study nights, field service, etc, etc? All of that is designed to keep people from waking up (irony, yes, in that their magazine is titled Awake)... or having the time to think for themselves.

Though some people DO think anyway, despite the wts and 'her' tactics... and also hear the call from Christ to "Come out of her, my people!"

Peace to you!
Your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:51 pm 

Before I could even get your video going, THIS popped in the margin, dear Sheriff (peace to you, luv!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFExZQyNbf0

Anyone else ever see this? If not, consider checking it out. It's by this organization (whose claims are curious):

www.peoplestandup.ca

Okay, back to the topic of this thread (the video). Back in a sec.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:06 pm 

I couldn't see/hear it, but did they add that most of this will happen when the "victim" is young, inexperienced, depressed, broke, broken, downhearted, lost, alone, angry, disillusioned, hurt... and/or maybe raised by one of these "love bombers"? If not, they should add that. I think that's why my Lord referred to such "leaders" as "wolves." Because they're predators.

Creepy video, dear Sher'f (peace to you!). Creepy... that there are actually people out there who do these things but knowingly, knowing EXACTLY what they're up to. Sad... that there are those who follow and imitate them, perhaps unknowingly. I was one such person.

May they ALL wake up. Well, at least those who are actually asleep (versus those running around sprinkling the poppy dust).

Peace to you!

YSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:12 am 

That video you posted Shelby is a excellent review of the history and beliefs of the Watchtower cult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFExZQyNbf0#t=227

Thanks Outlaw for posting this thread

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:10 am 

And yes dear Outlaw,

The truly sad thing about this video is there is the WTBS written ALL the way through it. It's just so sad many that don't understand how they work and manipulate don't see just how dangerous they are.

Thanks for sharing it, love and peace Kim

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:56 am 

Good Morning Everyone!..

GL TireBiter..
Yes, lot of Businesses are run like cults..

Tammy..
Oh I remember the warnings very well..
The JW`s were supposed to be my real family..
As a result I grew up never knowing many of my real family,still don`t.

JW`s offer Bible Studies..
Then study WBT$ Literature about the Bible with you..Bait and Switch..
It`s one of many Lies you will be expected to accept in the WBT$..

Shelby..
Thats cool..LOL!!..Another video..
I`ll have to watch that one too..Thanks!..

Yes people end up following and imitating the WBT$..
It`s a Spiritual Poison some people will never escape..
We`re the lucky ones..
We saw it for what it was and were strong enough to walk away..

Zoe..
I was really surprised at how well the video made its point..

JustMom..
Scary isn`t it!!..LOL!!..
The Video was a view into how I was raised,it was unsettling..

...................................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:33 pm 

Wow! Just watched the video from the OP. Scary when it's put in those brief, yet succinct terms. Way, way, way too many similarities to JWs, except for the killing part.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:05 pm 

leaving_quietly wrote:
Wow! Just watched the video from the OP. Scary when it's put in those brief, yet succinct terms. Way, way, way too many similarities to JWs, except for the killing part.

Peace to you LQ...

Actually the similarities are exactly the same INCLUDING the killing part, because it is the spirit that is destroyed by them and that is more important than the flesh. Just my .02 g:) Kim

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:44 am 

The onion illustration resonated with me - with the attractive, benign qualities being in the first few superficial layers, and the real evil at the core. I stayed on the fringes for so many years, that I didn't 'know' the organization until I got serious and got down to the heart and tested it out. So many years wasted pussyfooting around with them.

Hmmm, I wonder if all my exes have studied this method.... : )

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:48 am 

Quote:
Actually the similarities are exactly the same INCLUDING the killing part, because it is the spirit that is destroyed by them and that is more important than the flesh. Just my .02 g:) Kim

Sometimes, I have thought that was their whole goal, to break our spirit.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:18 am 

ataloa wrote:
Quote:

Sometimes, I have thought that was their whole goal, to break our spirit.

It is dear Ataloa because of WHO is truly behind them and gives them their strength ( adversary breathing death dealing spirit into this beast)
One of the things they would want nothing more is for ALL of us to denounce our faith and blaspheme Jah, the Most Holy one of Israel and His son Jaheshua MischaJah.
I truly see the killing and murder in this on THEIR part!

Peace to you, your servant and fellow slave of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:31 pm 

Quote:
Sometimes, I have thought that was their whole goal, to break our spirit.....ataloa

The WBT$ wants 100% Blind Obedience..
They openly advertise that fact..
WBT$ World is an extremely unhealthy place to live..
...........................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:59 pm 

Quote:
Way, way, way too many similarities to JWs, except for the killing part.

Yet, they DO kill, by obedience to written policy, set forth, based on "watchtower scripture", manifested in it's litter-ature.

When and if these adult jw parents come upon the time that the most lethal of these said policies comes into play with one of their UNSUSPECTING children {the smaller ones; whom do not grasp the policy as perhaps an older one would...however, I NEVER UNDERSTOOD IT MYSELF AS A CHILD JW and jw teen...i'm sure many do not fully understand it at this time, as well}...THEY WILL KILL THEM, IN THE NAME OF JEHOVAH, GB, FDS OR whatever they want to label themselves as. They HAVE killed, many of them already, as is documented elsewhere.

This is a fab thread doll.