xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:15 pm 
Site Admin

CRIMINY SAID

My nephew made the comment that he never got baptized (I think he's about 20 yo now) because he didn't want to get baptized TO A CHURCH. He couldn't figure out how get baptized without the name of a church involved.

I suggested he do it himself. He's got the Chesapeake Bay for a back yard, why not. Then I started thinking better of that suggestion because we always hear the words, "Go baptize them..." or "He got baptized by..."

Usually not something one does alone. I know it doesn't have to be a public spectacle, but is self baptism legitimate?

Site Admin

YPPUPLLEH SAID

Not sure. Jesus went to John to get baptized.

And some religions have baptisms done by a lineage of priests.

Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

All baptism is irrelevant, dear Crim (again, peace to you!), except baptism by fire... which only come from the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MishaJah). [b]John 3:11[b]

I know, I know... Paul and others taught water baptism. But that was for "Israel"; a symbol for those who had transgressed against the Law. The nations were never UNDER the Law, though, so...

Tell your dear nephew that the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, and thus, His Son and Christ, the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... examine the heart, not the flesh. And, so, if your dear nephew believes that his only choice is to baptize himself, remind him that he would not be the only one: Naaman also baptized himself[i], did he not, as an exercising of HIS faith?

Even better, if you can make it to where your dear nephew is... or him to you... and the two of you find a body of water (of whatever size or origin, even the corner of a public pool while others swim about)... so what?

It's what in the HEART that counts in this case, dear one, and not what is manifest by the flesh (i.e., what kind of water, wine, etc.). The Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... who examines the heart and kidneys... knows what you (and your dear nephew) MEAN... and [i]intend/.

I hope this helps and, again, peace to you... both!

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:16 pm 
Site Admin

PSACRAMENTO SAID

Baptizim is an act of faith, of giving oneself to God Via Christ.
How and by whom it is done is very irrelevant.
Jesus never baptized anyone, Paul makes it clear that WHO does the baptizing id irrelevant and that it is about the Baptizim being in the Name of Christ.
That the WT dares to insert itself into the baptisim oath shows the falseness of their organization and the sheer audacity of the governing Body.
One is Baptized in Christ, via His Holy Spirit.
Whether one does it by water or not, by immersion or not, with someone else or not, a baptisim is and always is to be, between the faithful and his/her Lord.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:16 pm 
Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

Quote:
Quote:
Whether one does it by water or not, by immersion or not, with someone else or not, a baptisim is and always is to be, between the faithful and his/her Lord.

Amen... and amen, dear P! The greatest of love and peace to you and yours!

YSSFS of Christ,

SA