xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:17 pm 

oh man outlaw, didcha havta do that?

{slaps the man silly} {cuz i know he likes it} ::))

yep, same here. mom was so proud all her kids were enduring the torture sessions so well....she even married one of the subjectors of the torture. isn't that such a lovely, upbuilding story from such a wonderful loving religion?

Image ::))

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:20 pm 

Hello Shelby,

It has occured to me that this (outlaw and myself having some amusement) may be looked at as hijacking this thread. Please advise.

Thank you.

~skally~

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:45 pm 

My nightmare "From Paradise..." book was the baby sacrifice to Baal. I couldn't bear to see that page.

The bastards stole the title for the book from John Milton.

and btw let me link to an image:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:51 pm 

I just realized why it was such a huge book, perhaps. Visual torture {visual braintwisting/washing [do not your 'clothes' become twisted in the [[brain]] wash, and you need to shake them out b4 the 'dryer'?] had to be WITNESSED UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL.

WTBasTURDSociety >:)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:27 pm 

I hear what both you and dear Skally are saying, dear Sher'f (peace to you, both!)... but perhaps I can give you both something else to consider, and that is you may forget that some of us who came in AS adults... DENOUNCED our friends/family that we had before (I didn't... but some have said they did!)... and so, have burned bridges and have no one to go "back" TO! For me, most of whom I "left behind" have passed away, so same thing - no one THERE (although, I do have my east coast family (who denounced ME for BECOMING a JW - LOLOL!)... but we only see each other so often. I know of exJWs who've reunited/gotten reacquainted with "worldly", non-JW, or former JW family, too).

Almost ALL of my current friends and MOST of my family, excluding my children and distant relatives, are those I acquired as a result of BEING a JW/former JW... or since coming to know what I do as to my Lord.

Also, my children were raised almost entirely JW (my youngest knows nothing else)... yet know it's not the "truth." Both are baptized, yet still have good relationships with many of their "active" JW friends (of the same age - actually, they told me that being a JW NOW is nothing like it was when they were kids - they're friends, who are now adults with their own kids don't treat their children like they were treated. Also... I cannot speak for ALL African American JWs... but I don't think ALL of "us" bought/buy into EVERYTHING the WTBTS "sells". I think there are differences across the different cultures. For instance, along with some things I've told, some things I've SEEN and heard lead me to believe that being a SPANISH JW is a bit different than being an American JW. And being, say, a New York JW different from being a California JW. And bein a "city" JW different from being a "rural/country" JW. Which might be why many of those still IN can't RELATE to what some, whose PERSONAL experiences were SO bad, are angry with. That's kind of the case with me; I didn't have a really BAD experience being a Witness... nor did my children (from what they say).). And so we don't have some of the "resentment" that a lot of others might have. Or personal chagrin and acrimony at family or friends who've abandoned us.

I was abandoned by family and friends for going INTO the WTBTS. But I made new friends (or so I thought!) when I went in. Coming out, I had to start all over again... again. And there's absolutely NO guarantee than I won't be abandoned AGAIN... and have to start all over AGAIN. Loyalty is not always a prominent trait of humans.

It is only 100% reliable when it comes from God and Christ. Just as most left my Lord in HIS darkest hour... the same could happen for any one of us. Because a slave is NOT greater than his/her master... and if they, the APOSTLES, for goodness sake, left HIM, well, then...

That's why we should NOT put our trust in earthling man or in nobles. LOVE them? Absolutely! Trust them? To a great extent, sure. Implicitly? Not wise. 'Cause they can fail you... just as you can fail them.

Only One has promised to be, can be, and as to those who belong to him, IS... WITH us... ALL the days, dear one. And if one keeps their sights on HIM, one is NEVER alone... and NEVER without "family" or "friend." Even if EVERYONE else has left us.

I hope this helps!

YSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:29 pm 

Quote:
I just realized why it was such a huge book, perhaps. Visual torture {visual braintwisting/washing [do not your 'clothes' become twisted in the [[brain]] wash, and you need to shake them out b4 the 'dryer'?] had to be WITNESSED UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL......sKally

As an Adult I think..
"What a Horrible Book to give a Child!"

Quote:
My nightmare "From Paradise..." book was the baby sacrifice to Baal. I couldn't bear to see that page.....ANOMOS

Yes I remember the WBT$ picture of a Baby sacrificed to Baal..
More Terrifying JW Childrens Memorys..

.................Welcome To..
.Image

........Image

.......................................................................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:36 pm 

Personally, I am a bit of a conversationalist, dear Skals (peace, luv!), and so I don't mind when a thread veers or sidebars, so long as it is not the intention of a poster TO derail the topic. As with verbal conversation (ever go out to dinner with friends/family?), often times there are several different discussions going on at the same time, but linked by one. That's how I view this.

Also, discussions often "evolve"... and organically go from one point into another topic another. While I admit I CAN be a bit "anal" sometimes (and ya'll keep your jokes AND your visuals to yourselves, cuz you know what I mean!)... I don't mind that, either. Again, "Often times the search proves more profitable than the goal," so who KNOWS what one might learn if a discussion is allowed to go it's "natural" way?

Keep in mind, however, that that is ME: others might consider taking a thread in a different direction a distraction. But I think most HERE can "wade" through posts and find those that relate specifically to the specific discussion they're interested in. I mean, we're a fairly bright bunch... even if one of us is uncommonly verbose - LOLOL!

Peace!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:40 pm 

Hey Shelby!..

I get what your saying but,it`s a bit different for us..
We walked out of the WBT$ and into a world we know nothing about..
Lessons we should have learned as kids,we have to learn as adults..
When someone calls JW`s Social Retards,they`re not kidding..LOL!!..
Theres just so much to learn that we have no clue about..
When a "Born In" leaves the WBT$..It`s more than a little over whelming..
Thats why some of us don`t survive..

...............................................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:42 pm 

Good night folks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:16 pm 

Quote:
Lessons we should have learned as kids,we have to learn as adults..
When someone calls JW`s Social Retards,they`re not kidding..LOL!!..
Theres just so much to learn that we have no clue about...

It can actually be worse, luv (peace!): some, partly because of their WTBTS indoctrination that makes them almost UNteachable... but even more the "hard-headedness, hard-heartedness, and stiff-neckedness" of ISRAEL... simply CAN'T learn (not even if someone TRIES to help them). They just don't have the will to overcome THEMSELVES... which is what stands in the way the MOST. Sadly, that can bring one trying to help to a point where they not only HAVE to just step back but, unfortunately, may also have to watch them self-destruct. Physically AND/OR spiritually.

And it ain't a pretty sight, trust me. I've been there. More than once. And I don't doubt I won't be there again, at some point. It just breaks your heart. But it's just too much for some folks.

If the WTBTS did nothing, it robbed... and still robs... many of them of the ability to DO... just as much as it robbed... and still robs... many of them the ability to THINK so as TO do.

Peace to you, dear one, truly... and may YOU continue to overcome whatever obstacles, if any, stand in YOUR way... INCLUDING yourself! LOLOL!

YSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:19 pm 

Quote:
Peace to you, dear one, truly... and may YOU continue to overcome whatever obstacles, if any, stand in YOUR way... INCLUDING yourself! LOLOL!.....Shelby

Your a SweetHeart (((Shelby!)))..
........................................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:42 pm 

You didn't end with "hope that helps"! I was going to quote it this time because you DID help on this occassion.

Thx.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:22 pm 

Glad to have been of service, dear, dear Skally.

Peace to you, luv!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:53 am 

This is another Example..
Of the WBT$ Re Writing the Bible,to support WBT$ Doctrine..

This is from a Thread by Rory-ks on JWN:

Micah 6:8 might be - or have been - a favourite verse of many. The verse used to read:

"He has told you, O earthling man, what is good. And what is Jehovah asking back from you but to exercise justice and to love kindness and to be modest in walking with your God."

Notice the change in the NWT 2013 revision:

"He has told you, O man, what is good. And what is Jehovah requiring of you? Only to exercise justice, to cherish loyalty, a nd to walk in modesty with your God!"

Jehovah is no longer 'asking back,' he is "requiring." No longer to "love kindness," but to "cherish loyalty." And all of this is now finished off with an exclamation mark!

Now a verse of scripture beloved of many can be invoked whenever the Society wants to hammer home their insistence on loyalty.

(Just as an aside, I also see that James 5:14 doesn't refer to "older men" any more but, " Is there anyone sick among you? Let him call the elders of the congregation to him."

Older men was always a beautifully vague term which could easily be taken literally. Not so any more. Instead the word "elder" is used - and the word "elder" is a Watchtower buzz-word.)
Thanks Rory!..

...................................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:47 am 

I saw that thread over on JWN. Didn't really feel compelled to address it. However, now I do.

"require" is a valid definition of the Hebrew word darash (Strong's 1875). The primary definition means "seek". Many translations use "require", so we can't find fault with the NWT there.

As far as "cherish loyalty", this is comprised of two Hebrew words: ahabah checed. ahabe (Strong's 160) means love and checed (Strong's 2617) means favour, kindness, mercy. Strangely, even with these definitions, the Hebrew Text Analysis over at biblehub.com translates this literally as "and to love covenant loyalty".

As for James 5:14, "elders" is the correct translation, the Hebrew word being presbyterous. Specifically, the phrase is "presbyterous tes ekklesias", which means "elders of the church". Many translations render this as elders in this verse, so we can't find fault there, either. The only fault-finding we may have is that the RNWT is now more in line with the Bibles of "Christendom". Go figure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next