xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:58 pm 

Both these verses talk about those who claim to be Jews, but are not and are found to be liars.

What does this mean? WTBTS says these "evidently" are Jews who oppose the Christians and persecute them, and "perhaps" try to get them to return to Jewish practices, including (and this made me laugh) trying to get them to "retain or take up again certain practices of the Mosaic Law".

This makes no sense to me as these verses say nothing about opposition, only that they are from the synagogue of Satan and are liars. It seems as if the Christ is warning about people who claim to be one thing, but are, in reality, not. Wolves in sheep's clothing perhaps? Maybe something more. It's interesting that he uses "Jews" here since the Jews in general rejected the Messiah.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:23 pm 

The first generations were jews.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:05 pm 

leaving_quietly wrote:
Both these verses talk about those who claim to be Jews, but are not and are found to be liars.

What does this mean? WTBTS says these "evidently" are Jews who oppose the Christians and persecute them, and "perhaps" try to get them to return to Jewish practices, including (and this made me laugh) trying to get them to "retain or take up again certain practices of the Mosaic Law".

This makes no sense to me as these verses say nothing about opposition, only that they are from the synagogue of Satan and are liars. It seems as if the Christ is warning about people who claim to be one thing, but are, in reality, not. Wolves in sheep's clothing perhaps? Maybe something more. It's interesting that he uses "Jews" here since the Jews in general rejected the Messiah.

Who seems to fit this description pretty well?

They call themselves Gods chosen people.

People that leave them ( and the law/ rules they have been under) and say they are going to follow Chirst...they persecute and disfellowship!

They claim a form of Christianity but prove false to its claim. They deny CHRIST by denying the partaking of his body and his blood on their behalf.

Sounds like a group of people I came out of.... :8O

Just saying,
Love Justmom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 pm 

Our dear Lord was referring to those who can be described with one of two words, dear LQ (peace to you, luv!): hypocrites... or "weeds." He meant those who CLAIM to be Abraham's seed... and CLAIM to be knowledgeable as to and thus followers of the Law... but showed they were neither. Rather, they were the "offspring of vipers"... and false prophets/teachers/christs... they the "seed" of the OTHER man who "sowed":

“The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

“The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

“‘An enemy did this,’ he replied."

These were still present among them because, as the parable goes on to state:

“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

“‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”

In the meantime, while awaiting the harvest, WE can "see" the "weeds", because they manifest themselves:

"By their FRUITS... YOU will know them."

I hope this helps!

Again, peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:23 pm 

Justmom, yes, I thought just as you did at first, but wanted to ask the question, nonetheless. I actually thought that ones "who say they are Jews" may be very much like those who believed they were the offspring of Abraham, much as dear Shelby brought out. We have to remember that the Pharisees made that claim, and they were found out to be liars then, too. John 8:33-46. They weren't lying about their heritage, but they were lying about their origin. That's something I found interesting.

"You are from your father, the Devil" - John
"are a synagogue of Satan" - Revelation

See the correlation?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:36 pm 

Yes I do see the connection thank you!

Love Justmom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:59 am 

Would that these ONLY included the WTBTS in our "day," dear 'Mom and LQ (peace to you, both!). Would make it SO much easier for the Body to only have these to deal with during the "ages." Unfortunately, the "weeds" are not limited to these... even in our "day." MANY have... and would, given the opportunity... show themselves to be present and existing, even now. True, the WTBTS is at the forefront now, but don't for a SECOND think that if THEY didn't exist, others would "arise" to take their place... or that there are others who exist even now. ANYONE who persecutes Christ, by means of persecuting his Body (and I don't mean those who simply disagree or choose a different path, but those to take [some kind of] action, literally)... reveal themselves... and, by doing so, reveal their father. Including one who CALLS himself/herself a "christian"... but show themselves to actually be a child of the Adversary... by hating their brother whom they HAVE seen, while CLAIMING to love God... Whom they have NOT seen.

In addition, there are those who claim to be Jews by means of blood; however, if their ancestry were actually traced, such would reveal that they are merely the offspring of someone who converted to Judaism and not necessarily a true child of Israel. Not that such matters, but just saying.

There are many who claim to be all manner of things - Jews, christians, seed of Abraham (which includes Muslims), etc., yet are not. Technically... and/or literally.

Again, peace to you both!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:26 pm 

Yes I see that, thank you both as well!

Every generation has a fulfillment.

Love your sister and fellow servant in CHRIST
Justmom