xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:51 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:53 pm 

It seems to me a fascinating thing that, before we had the understanding of "space travel" that whenever a person saw a being that seemed to them as "not of this world", that the first thing they thought was "god" or "god like being".
But as soon as space travel was being talked about, they saw aliens...

Interesting...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:07 pm 

Man (many men) are taking the long route around that will eventually come back to the Truth that was known from the start... God, Christ, angels... and not aliens. (well, angels are aliens in a technical sense, because they are from another 'place')

Man wants to follow the physical evidence... and draw conclusions from that... and for some right now, I guess that is aliens.

It is kind of intriguing to me how far man will go to believe ANYTHING other than God and Christ. (some will believe both)

Some of what is written about in those ancient alien shows/interviews... is regarding angels/seraphs. Some of it is ingenuity of man. Like they still have that episode about the Easter Island statues... but the islanders themselves have shown how to make those giants 'walk' to their places. Same with the science behind building stonehenge. People forget, because we are SO dependent now upon machines and technology, doing calculations, etc... that man can come up with solutions, that might even have seemed quite simple to them (albeit requiring skill to complete).

Peace to you!

tammy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:16 pm 

Have you read up on the temple of Gobekli tepe?
Dated at over 11000 years ago, they have monuments carved with the outlines/shapes of "gods", this during the stone age period !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:44 pm 

I haven't, but may check that out. You could post a link : )

I have to go to work, but I will talk with ya more tomorrow!

Peace to you Paul,

tammy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:02 pm 

I think the "problem" man has created for himself, dear P and tec (peace to you both and great thread topic)... is assuming anything not of earth as being "monstrous" (which is what MOST think of when they think "alien" - hence, the more PC "extraterrestrial")... and (2) which is most on MY mind... assuming them enemies, hostile, and only desiring to attack (us).

They're not the aliens, we are - they were "here" first. They're not (all) enemies, we are. Of them AND of ourselves. They're not (all) hostile (toward us); it's really we toward them... at least as to JAH/Christ.

In this light, and given all of the "them against man/humans" propaganda, I sometimes wonder if it is not THAT arrogance (that "we" can/will prevail "against" them) that the Adversary exploits when the time comes to "mislead" Gog et al.

Of course, the timing makes that hard to fathom (there's still some thousand-year period to occur first)... but considering how many millenia man "feared the gods"... then a period of knowing whether such beings exist or not... could be they need another millennia or so to get to where they really BELIEVE they could... and would prevail.

I mean, just the Adversary TELLING them so wouldn't seem like enough. Of course, that DID work to convince Adham/Eve, but I would think technology would require something more. Something that man will thinks "proves" he can prevail... such that he would rely on it.

Different isn't necessarily worse/bad. Try to tell THAT to a JW... or any other sundry bigot.

Again, GREAT topic, dear P... and yeah, a LOT of stuff out there, tangible stuff, that neither governments OR religions of this world want folks to have. Might expose some stuff they don't want exposed.

OH! Almost forgot: while they AREN'T of this planet/solar system/galaxy... my understanding is that they aren't even of this UNIVERSE, that ours is NOT the only one but one that came OUT of theirs.

Peace!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar, on her phone so y'all KNOW it was hard to type all that - LOLOL!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:00 am 

AGuest wrote:
I think the "problem" man has created for himself, dear P and tec (peace to you both and great thread topic)... is assuming anything not of earth as being "monstrous" (which is what MOST think of when they think "alien" - hence, the more PC "extraterrestrial")... and (2) which is most on MY mind... assuming them enemies, hostile, and only desiring to attack (us).

They're not the aliens, we are - they were "here" first. They're not (all) enemies, we are. Of them AND of ourselves. They're not (all) hostile (toward us); it's really we toward them... at least as to JAH/Christ.

In this light, and given all of the "them against man/humans" propaganda, I sometimes wonder if it is not THAT arrogance (that "we" can/will prevail "against" them) that the Adversary exploits when the time comes to "mislead" Gog et al.

Of course, the timing makes that hard to fathom (there's still some thousand-year period to occur first)... but considering how many millenia man "feared the gods"... then a period of knowing whether such beings exist or not... could be they need another millennia or so to get to where they really BELIEVE they could... and would prevail.

I mean, just the Adversary TELLING them so wouldn't seem like enough. Of course, that DID work to convince Adham/Eve, but I would think technology would require something more. Something that man will thinks "proves" he can prevail... such that he would rely on it.

Different isn't necessarily worse/bad. Try to tell THAT to a JW... or any other sundry bigot.

Again, GREAT topic, dear P... and yeah, a LOT of stuff out there, tangible stuff, that neither governments OR religions of this world want folks to have. Might expose some stuff they don't want exposed.

OH! Almost forgot: while they AREN'T of this planet/solar system/galaxy... my understanding is that they aren't even of this UNIVERSE, that ours is NOT the only one but one that came OUT of theirs.

Peace!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar, on her phone so y'all KNOW it was hard to type all that - LOLOL!

I think that our understand of this universe is very, very limited and even more so is our ability to accept alternative realities/universe.
Although some postulate the "multi-universe" theory as a way to show that God doesn't exist, in their arrogance they fail to see that if they are right that is more evidence FOR His existence.
That Angels can travel between their universe and ours is an amazing thing, that they were there billions of years ago when THIS universe came to be, when this planet cam eto be is truly mind boggling.
That time as we know it is just that, as WE KNOW it and not as it truly is, is also fascinating.

To me, it just seems a bit to "coincidental" that the moment we begin to believe that there is life on other planets and that space travel is possible, it is THEN that we start having "alien sightings" and "visitations".

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:41 am 

Oh, that is an excellent point, Paul.

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:03 pm 

Agreed as to all, dear P (mornin' and peace to you!). But, I mean, we are an arrogant genus, with some of us (western-minded) even more so than others of us

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:33 pm 

Prior to the so-called “modern age,” the peoples of the Earth were quite, how shall I say, “superstitious.” Even the apostle Paul mentioned that the peoples he encountered were given to the ‘superstition of the deities,’ so much so that they even built an altar to an “Unknown God,” to cover all the bases with regarding to worship so that they wouldn’t accidentally leave any god out and incur his or her wrath.

The peoples up until the last century were also quite superstitious. Some today still are, however, the vast majority of the peoples of this modern age have given up belief in deities and gods such that they are no longer interested or care whether gods exist or not.

Imagine if you would, if YOU were among the people gathered at Mt. Sinai. What would you think and how would you feel when Jah descended to the mountain. He did not/does not come alone. Jah is the God of gods. Note what the Psalmist and other writers wrote of Jah’s descent to the mountain (and other places).

Also, what would you “call” a “vehicle” that one comes in if you were living at that time? Without knowledge of modern technology or science fiction (which those peoples did not have), wouldn’t you too have called them “chariots”? Read on:

The war chariots of God are in tens of thousands, thousands over and over again. Jehovah himself has come from Si′nai into the holy place.—Psalms 68:17

Yes, the seventh one [in line] from Adam, E′noch, prophesied also regarding them, when he said: “Look! Jehovah came with his holy myriads. . . .—Jude 14

Now this is the blessing with which Moses the man of the [true] God blessed the sons of Israel before his death. 2 And he proceeded to say: “Jehovah—from Si′nai he came, And he flashed forth from Se′ir upon them. He beamed forth from the mountainous region of Pa′ran, And with him were holy myriads, At his right hand warriors belonging to them.—Deuteronomy 33:1-2

And E•li′sha began to pray and say: “O Jehovah, open his eyes, please, that he may see.” Immediately Jehovah opened the attendant’s eyes, so that he saw; and, look! the mountainous region was full of horses and war chariots of fire all around E•li′sha.--2 Kings 6:17

“I kept on beholding until there were thrones placed and the Ancient of Days sat down. His clothing was white just like snow, and the hair of his head was like clean wool. His throne was flames of fire; its wheels were a burning fire. 10 There was a stream of fire flowing and going out from before him. There were a thousand thousands that kept ministering to him, and ten thousand times ten thousand that kept standing right before him. The Court took its seat, and there were books that were opened.—Daniel 7:9-10

At this Jehovah said to Moses: “Look! I am coming to you in a dark cloud, in order that the people may hear when I speak with you, and that in you also they may put faith to time indefinite.” Then Moses reported the words of the people to Jehovah. 10 And Jehovah went on to say to Moses: “Go to the people, and you must sanctify them today and tomorrow, and they must wash their mantles. 11 And they must prove ready for the third day, because on the third day Jehovah will come down before the eyes of all the people upon Mount Si′nai. 12 And you must set bounds for the people round about, saying, ‘Guard yourselves against going up into the mountain, and do not touch the edge of it. Anybody touching the mountain will positively be put to death. 13 No hand is to touch him, because he will positively be stoned or will positively be shot through. Whether beast or man, he will not live.’ At the blowing of the ram’s horn they themselves may come up to the mountain.” 14 Then Moses went down from the mountain to the people, and he set about sanctifying the people; and they engaged in washing their mantles. 15 Accordingly he said to the people: “Get ready during the three days. Do not YOU men come near a woman.” 16 And on the third day when it became morning it came about that thunders and lightnings began occurring, and a heavy cloud upon the mountain and a very loud sound of a horn, so that all the people who were in the camp began to tremble. 17 Moses now brought the people out of the camp to meet the [true] God, and they went taking their stand at the base of the mountain. 18And Mount Si′nai smoked all over, due to the fact that Jehovah came down upon it in fire; and its smoke kept ascending like the smoke of a kiln, and the whole mountain was trembling very much. 19 When the sound of the horn became continually louder and louder, Moses began to speak, and the [true] God began to answer him with a voice. 20 So Jehovah came down upon Mount Si′nai to the top of the mountain.—Exodus 19:9-20

Now all the people were seeing the thunders and the lightning flashes and the sound of the horn and the mountain smoking. When the people got to see it, then they quivered and stood at a distance. 19 And they began to say to Moses: “You speak with us, and let us listen; but let not God speak with us for fear we may die.” 20 So Moses said to the people: “Do not be afraid, because for the sake of putting YOU to the test the [true] God has come, and in order that the fear of him may continue before YOUR faces that YOU may not sin.” 21 And the people kept standing at a distance, but Moses went near to the dark cloud mass where the [true] God was.—Exodus 20:18-21

And he went on to say: “Therefore hear the word of Jehovah: I certainly see Jehovah sitting upon his throne and all the army of the heavens standing by him, to his right and to his left.—1 Kings 22:19

Will it be any different when the Son of Man arrives?

“When the Son of man arrives in his glory (or, said another way, fiery effulgence), and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne.—Matthew 25:31

--Armand

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:45 pm 

Very interesting. So, basically, what you're saying is that perhaps Israel/Moses "saw"... say... an armada, dear Armand (morning, peace to you... and no pun intended - "armada/Armand" - LOLOL!)... of... "chariots" (or some kind of "vehicles")... with some kind of foremost "vehicle" perhaps as Ezekiel and others described it... with that one coming down upon (well, given Moses' description, hovering above)... Mt. Sinai... all of which was in/accompanied with/by some kind of "fire"... or perhaps "fiery light"... like, maybe... radiating... even what we would today consider "radiaTION"... the descent/hovering of the foremost "vehicle" causing a lot of noise ("thunder") and "smoke"... and from which came the sound of a... mmmmm... trumpet (okay, "horn", trumpet, same thing?)... and a voice... that spoke to Moses... all of which was preceded some 40 or so years earlier by some fiery... or radiating... "being"... that first "made contact" with Moses from within a bush up there somewhere?

Interesting. For me especially. Because if anyone TODAY said they saw such an... event... they would be labelled as crazy, delusional... or a charlatan. And yet...

I wonder... rhetorically/hypothetically, of course:

Is it possible that the reason Moses had to remove his shoes was not because the "holiness" of the ground during such an event was "godliness" as WE understand that word (i.e., somewhere in the background, a choir sings)... but, say, mmmmmmmm... to eliminate the potential for him to be electricuted/fried... due to, say, perhaps, some pieces of metal in the construction of his sandals... which metal could, say... mmmmmmm... have acted as a "conductor" of, well, say, a great amount of electricity... resulting from... mmmmmm, let's say some electromagnetism resulting from (and this is only hypothetical)... something like... well, radiaTION ("fire/lightening", etc)... and so, say, KILLED him... so he had to be told the ground was "holy"... in order to appeal to his sense of FEAR to, let's say... and, again, this is JUST hypothetical... get him to do it without questioning WHY he needed to remove his sandals... because he would not have UNDERSTOOD the... mmmmmm... "dynamics"... of what was occurring... because the SCIENCE/TOOLS... or language... so as (for him) TO understand... did not yet exist... at least, such that he COULD (fully) grasp it? Or perhaps HE did... but Israel did/could not??

Jus' sayin': maybe there's more to what occurred than what Moses was ABLE... or PERMITTED... to relate... AT THAT TIME... but maybe now, MANY millenia later, CAN be much better... if not FULLY... understood?

Again, ALL rhetorical/hypothetical... of course. Of course. Silly to even consider, perhaps. Perhaps even crazy. Delusional. But there ARE things in this world that (can) make one go "hmmmmmm...". Perhaps this is one of them.

Thank you for sharing that, dear one!

Again, peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:04 pm 

It`s aliens alright and they`re not very happy!..

...................................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:12 pm 

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/we-have- ... D11702860#

Ummmm... say what, now?

Well, okay, den! But... we shall see. One way or another. Since, per the article, "we" can only detect (potential) life in THIS universe ("earth's neighborhood"), we prolly shouldn't be surprised if they come back and say, "Nope. No one out there 'cept us!" That's not true, of course and those I'm thinking of aren't aliens (as "we" define that word here).

But we should give them a "E"... for effort...

Peace to you, all!

A slave of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:29 am 

Scientists should get an A for heir hard efforts and Watchtower should get a Z (sorry english alphabet hasn't got more letters) for the bull***t printed in its literature. Remember the Awake magazine stating that astronomers haven't found any planet outside our solar system?

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:32 pm 

Peace to you all!

I was going to start a new thread, remembered something from this thread and went looking for that, and so perhaps this is the best place to post now that I have found this thread.

So...

Recently, I was watching one of those History 2 channel shows about aliens (yes, I know to take anything History 2 shows with a 'large' grain of salt... which saying actually means something to me now). Hubby loves those shows, ancient aliens, etc... so they are on all the time and sometimes I watch them with him.

So this latest episode was talking about the rock carvings that 'show/prove' that aliens came and talked to natives in america. Now I am not stating anything for or against their interpretation of these drawings. I don't know if they take them 'out of context' so to speak, or apply meaning that should not be there, etc. If people can 'interpret' words however they choose to see them, then how much more so with a drawing?

Well, as I was watching, my Lord asked me,

"Why must these carvings be representations of what the people experienced, in the flesh, then and there?"

I pondered that for a moment, and the Spirit immediately reminded me of the Revelation given to John. That John wrote down what he saw... while in the spirit... some things from the past, some things from the present, and some things from the future!

Then I was "OH! Of COURSE!'

Why would we think that someone from the past would not also write down (in the form of carvings or drawings) things that they saw in a vision or in a dream or in the spirit? That doesn't mean that they did not also depict (by whatever means) things that they experienced then and there, in the flesh. I have NO doubt that angels visited (and still visit) men.

But also that some of these things that they depicted had been given to them in visions, dreams, about the future! Things that they then shared with others, the same as we share!

There are some drawings/carvings used by these ancient aliens people that they say are proof that astronauts came and visited ancient people... because the drawings appear to be men in spacesuits, with helmets and all. I watched this show a while ago, and I don't know if those carvings are taken out of context, or whatever, but looking at the pics, I had to admit that it looked like an astronaut (from our time) to me, lol. So I asked my Lord, "What is up with that, Lord?"

Well... now that my Lord has gotten me thinking... if those actually ARE pics of spacesuits and helmets... then why might that not be from someone who received a vision of something in the future? Their future, our present?

They (the ancient alien people, or others who study space/aliens/ufos/etc) think that is evidence of space aliens visiting ancient people. But... wow... that is actually evidence in the rocks that people in the past also received visions (in spirit, in dreams, I do not know) about the future. Our time.

I'm gonna watch these shows with hubby with a whole new set of eyes!

Anyway... food for thought. For me and for anyone else who might need or be interested in this. Seems like such a simple thing to understand and consider... but I never even thought about it until my Lord asked me that question.

Peace to you all!

your servant and sister and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy