Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:59 am 
Site Admin

GRAMMAVELTA SAID

A young girl saw Yeshua and painted a picture of him here:
http://www.akiane.com/store/

Although he is depicted as not handsome, He appears very pleasing. He appears as an average man.

Love and hugs,
Gramma Velta
God makes everything work together for good for those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:59 am 
Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

Man, I wish I could paint like that, dear Velta (peace to you, my dear one!). What a talent! I am sometimes grateful that I can't, though, as can you imagine what MY paintings might look like, given what I've seen?? LOLOLOL! I don't think there'd be the same recognition/accolades. A rubber room, maybe, though - LOLOLOL! Which also helps me understand why some DID depict as they did: they COULDN'T do so accurately... and not be thought mad/blasphemous! They would have been burned at the stake (if not in a fiery furnace - LOL!).

But that child's renditions are magnificent! THANK you for sharing that with us!

Peace!

Su sirviente, compañera de estudios, y un esclava de Cristo,

SA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

RED SAID

I had some questions which found answers that were helped put together through a talk with finalcall & justmom. (and of course the spirit)!

There was an article that Aguest posted on another site about dinosaurs.
Maybe she could somehow give us a quick summary on what that article said
Dinosaurs were before man(Adam).
They were there for some reason as fertilization I think. Their fossils and bones would remain in the soil that god(Yah) would later use to make up Adam. There's too much for my brain to understand I'm sure, but life starts in the bones. It's what our soil needed to make us up (which is why our core structure is bones).

Since Dinosaurs were around before us Yah must've made dinosaurs in His image even MORE than man (Us).

So I'd get used to looking at Dinosaurs if you want to prepare yourself for what dragons (spirits) appear like.

Peace to you!

Site Admin

PSACRAMENTO SAID

Quote:
Quote:
We shouldn't assume they didn't, dear PSacto (again, peace to you!). Rather, we should assume that those who initially wrote about our Lord left that out... so as not to stumble those who were still walking by sight at the time the gospel accounts were written. Or those who later copied what was written... in order to not look like "fools" before those they were trying to convince.

I was referring to what was written AGAINST Our Lord not the Gospels or Epistles.

The only description we have of Our Lord in the Gospels is in the Transfiguration, beyond that it was a non-issue for the writers.

Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

Good morning, dear PSacto... and the greatest of love and peace to you, my dear brother! My sincere apologies - I must have misunderstood you. For some reason I thought you stated (in another thread?) that there was no description of our Lord in the gospels (?). Maybe other than the transfiguration. If that was your thought, I don't want to contend, so please forgive, but I do want to point out that the accounts weren't written BY those who were against him, but FOR him, and so there is good reason why the descriptions of his flesh weren't included, including, perhaps, that it didn't matter to such writers.

While that is true, that it may not have mattered, though, we can't forget that they still had issues with their "Jewish-ness"... and fear of man (whether as to being persecuted or pleasing them) even after our Lord ascended. For example, Peter's hypocrisy. Paul's pharisaical thinking, etc. While it may be that they left things out because they had no true concern for them, such doesn't make sense: why leave such an important thing as his appearance out? His appearance was MAJOR... because it SHOWS that regardless OF it, JAH chose him as His king. HE, JAH, not only did not look at the outward appearance, but chose someone whose outward appearance appeared to be anathema to the Law.

But... it wasn't. To the contrary, his appearance was yet another "sign" to the Jews that they didn't KNOW the Law... or understand its purpose: NOT that Israel was... or we, the Body of Christ, are... supposed to worry about others' transgression of the Law, but that they... and WE... are supposed to (1) walk by FAITH, and not SIGHT, and (2) using LOVE... forgive others' their transgressions and thus surpass the Law (there is no law against love!). In doing so, we fulfill both the New and Old Laws!

Because the Jews were SO wrapped up in the Law, it's physical features, and it's attention to physical appearances, however, the early Body probably feared what they would receive from the Jews if they made our Lord's imperfections in the flesh a prominent issue. And we have examples, in Paul's letters, of some of the hypocrisy and concern as to appearances that they struggled with, even after having learned from our Lord himself. Because his flesh and its appearance seemed to belie the Law, if not profane it, touting it would have been hard for some to take. At least, for those who do not understand the purpose of the Law: to make [our own and not others'] sin manifest. Isaiah 58:7-11

But that isn't the only reason there is so little: the MAIN is the lack of following of others BY others that telling the truth about this matter would have caused. Humans LOVE physical beauty... and I PROMISE you those who contrived to mislead "even the chosen ones" omitted whatever they knew about that appearance and changed it to what it currently is. Because you "catch more flies" with "sweet" honey... than with sour vinegar! Who would follow such a man, had they not known him personally? Look around the world today and you have your answer. MOST follow the "Christ" they see in the beautified depictions of him. They walks by SIGHT... and since he is most often depicted as SO good-looking, so vital, so physically perfect, well, of COURSE, God would choose him! Those who fomented this false depiction shrewdly knew what the inclination of man is: to walk by sight. And so, the "seraph" THEY'VE raised up is not the plain, homely, "copper" one... but that of his Adversary and ours: the "beautiful" one. Ezekiel 28:17

And man, do they revere that one! Thus, the "false stylus" of the scribes is the MAIN reason why his actual appearance isn't more fully depicted. Put up a few renditions of him as he really appeared then, though, small, diseased, broken, oozing... and people will either (1) cry foul! or (2) leave off their "christianity."

But those of us today, including those who've seen him as he truly is... as a seraph... CAN discern what his flesh truly appeared like then. There are a few verses in the gospels, as has been shared here, that, coupled with, say, Isaiah's prophecies about his appearance, while not letting us know exactly how he appeared, certainly let us KNOW that he did NOT look as he is usually depicted, not by any stretch of the imagination. Not his height, stature, or physical condition.

Even so, one does not need to speculate; one only need ask that it be shown to them... and, if one exercises faith that it WILL... it will.

Again, peace to you... and may you be granted to see these wonderful sights because they will show you, truly, just how MUCH he gave for us. Until ones sees what the "sins" he took into his flesh DID to that flesh... and what he SUFFERED as a result... FOR US... even before dying... one can only partly imagine his love. We imagine him on the cross/tree/stake/pole... and imagine his love and suffering in that scenario. I promise you, though, given what his body was going through, there was also some relief in his releasing. His love was SO much more than just his murder. It was ALL he did... including what he undertook and underwent... BEFORE that!

"Look! The Lamb of God... that [took] away the sins... of the WORLD!"

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

Shelb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:01 pm 
Site Admin

PSACRAMENTO SAID

Quote:
Quote:
But those of us today, including those who've seen him as he truly is... as a seraph... CAN discern what his flesh truly appeared like then. There are a few verses in the gospels, as has been shared here, that, coupled with, say, Isaiah's prophecies about his appearance, while not letting us know exactly how he appeared, certainly let us KNOW that he did NOT look as he is usually depicted, not by any stretch of the imagination. Not his height, stature, or physical condition.

Hi Shel
When you say His appearance as a Seraph, what stage do you mean?
Not in His spiritual form right? nor his "transfiguration" form nor how John of Patmos saw him, yes?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:01 pm 
Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Shel Smile

Hola, my dear brother... smile BACK... and peace to you!

Quote:
Quote:
When you say His appearance as a Seraph, what stage do you mean?
Not in His spiritual form right?

In his spiritual form, yes.

Quote:
Quote:
nor his "transfiguration" form nor how John of Patmos saw him, yes?

His transfiguration form was as his disciples recognized him (he was not able to show himself as he really was to them at that time - they could not have borne it). But John saw him as a seraph, including his white head (not HAIR, but HEAD... including his hair) and "copper" coloring. He did not, however, see our Lord's spirit body. Revelation 1:13

John was able to bear what he did see by the time of and during the Revelation, though, because he had seen similar things shortly after our Lord ascended (at least 14 years before Paul wrote of it but my understanding is that it was even before that) at which time he almost couldn't relate them, they were so astonishing! Paul certainly didn't feel he could reiterate them. Paul writes of what John heard, but John himself writes that he had also SEEN some things ("... write down the things that you SAW.."). 2 Corinthians 12:2-4; Revelation 1:19

I hope this helps, dear one, and again, peace to you!

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:02 pm 
Site Admin

PSACRAMENTO SAID

The Seraphs describes by Isaiah and John, don't look like how Our Lord is described though...
(B)I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple. 2 Seraphim stood above Him, (C)each having six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one called out to another and said,

“(D)Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord of hosts,
The (E)whole earth is full of His glory.”

John:
and (W)around the throne, (X)four living creatures (Y)full of eyes in front and behind. 7 (Z)The first creature was like a lion, and the second creature like a calf, and the third creature had a face like that of a man, and the fourth creature was like a flying eagle. 8 And the (AA)four living creatures, each one of them having (AB)six wings, are (AC)full of eyes around and within; and (AD)day and night they do not cease to say,

“(AE)Holy, holy, holy is the (AF)Lord God, the Almighty, (AG)who was and who is and who is to come.”

It seems that Our Lord, is not described as a seraph in this way.

As per John:
And having turned I saw (AV)seven golden lampstands; 13 and (AW)in the middle of the lampstands I saw one (AX)like a son of man, (AY)clothed in a robe reaching to the feet, and (AZ)girded across His chest with a golden sash. 14 His head and His (BA)hair were white like white wool, like snow; and (BB)His eyes were like a flame of fire. 15 His (BC)feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been made to glow in a furnace,

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:07 pm 
Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

I hope you can receive this, dear one (again, peace to you!), but Isaiah is not describing our Lord, but the Father of our Lord and us, the MOST (Holy, Holy, HOLY!) One of Israel, JAH of Armies. Who is not the same as our Lord (contrary to what the Bible translators might want us to believe).

Let me show you, via Daniel’s and John's visions. Daniel first, from Daniel 7:9-14:

As I looked, “thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took his seat. His clothing was as white as snow; the hair of his head was white like wool. His throne was flaming with fire, and its wheels were all ablaze. A river of fire was flowing, coming out from before him. Thousands upon thousands attended him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him. The court was seated, and the books were opened.

“Then I continued to watch because of the boastful words the horn was speaking. I kept looking until the beast was slain and its body destroyed and thrown into the blazing fire. (The other beasts had been stripped of their authority, but were allowed to live for a period of time.)

“In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Daniel saw our Lord, the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the one Chosen by JAH to be His king... who was described as “like a son of man”... receiving his everlasting kingdom... from the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... described as the “Ancient of Days.”

Now, let’s take the account seen by John, recorded at Revelation 5:1-10:

Then I saw in the right hand of him who sat on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals. And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, “Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?” But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth could open the scroll or even look inside it. I wept and wept because no one was found who was worthy to open the scroll or look inside. Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.

"Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. He went and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne. And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb
."

Okay, with that said, they are all seraphs, including JAH, the Most Holy One... but differ in appearance. For example, only two look as Mischa'El (Michael) and BeliJah'El (Belial, the Satan), the angels/cherubs of the Ark (and thus, "arkangels") do. Only four appear as the "four living creatures". Only the seraphs around the throne appear as they do. Only the four that move the chariot appear as they do. Only the Nephilim appear as they do. Etc.

Their appearance corresponds with their position, which is directly related to their rank and responsibilities. Meaning, their appearance is kind of like a "uniform", of sorts.

So, while they are one... ummmm... "kind"... there are differences within the kind. AND... only one is a son, our Lord. The rest are created beings, and thus servants; the Son, however, was born, not created, and out of love. All of the others were created to minister to the Father, and to the Son... and, ultimately, to the other sons, those of the seed of the Woman who are "adopted", by means of holy spirit.

I hope this helps and, again, peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel[/u]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

PSACRAMENTO SAID

That is what I thought you meant Shel, I just wanted to be sure.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

(Smile) @ dear PSacto (peace, my brother... and my apologies for all of the "wordiness" - LOL! I am that I am - LOLOLOL!)

Peace!

YSSFS of Christ,

SA