xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:20 pm 

Have you seen the commercials? I didn't . . . . People seem to be freaking out. But got the following on my news fees:

https://www.indy100.com/news/he-gets-us ... commercial

--Armando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:34 pm 

Symbolic?

Nope! Yet it is so foreign to those who claim to follow Christ.
Excuse it away despite what Christ says with his own voice…

John 13:14 - Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet.

John 13:15 - I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.

Peace to you my brother and thank you for your sharing,

Your fellow sister servant and slave of Christ,
Kim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:22 pm 

Thanks for sharing that, dear Armand (peace to you, dear brother!). We know that all religion has SOME truth in it; has to else no one would be drawn to it. As out dear Lord said, though, "He that is not against you is for you." So, as long as it's love not hate they're talking, to their own master they'll stand or fall.

Since even some of us still struggle with this issue, though, it should be no surprise (or great concern) that others do.

And I think the term "symbolic" here isn't as the JWs refer to it, dear Kimmie (peace to you, dear sister!). The ad was referring to the symbolism the Christ meant in doing the act: it symbolizes humility and even love. He did it for his friends but he told his friends to love even their enemies, so we would definitely do it for OUR friends, meaning HIS friends, meaning fellow members of his Body, but because of his "command," our enemies, too (I thought of dear Ashi (and Mr. Moses and Alaa!!) when I saw the one lady washing the feet of the other in the hijab! LOL!).

The Master washed the feet of his friends to demonstrate for them "how" they were to symbolize the humility and love they were to have for one another: in the same way as HE had shown and done for them.

In contrast, JWs falsely teach that the actual ACT of washing feet isn't necessary, but rather, feigning (pretending) "humility" and "love" (and only until one is cast out of the Borg at which point the love and need to show any humility toward such one immediately stops) is what the Christ meant we should do while "washing" folks feet "in our hearts" (and so, symbolically vs. for real).

May JaH and JaH'eShua continue to bless you both and your dear, dear households!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel