xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Another Memorial...
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:18 am 

Peace to you all!

Soooo... I went to the memorial tonight. I won't lie; I had some anxiety about it I have had anxiety over covid this past year, even though nothing bad has ever happened. Jah and His Son have protected me (and my household, and others as well). Not that I have worried about getting sick myself so much, but rather that I might get someone else sick and cause them harm. I am sorry, truly, because I have been so ashamed of this anxiety, this failing, this weakness.... (especially knowing that my dear Lord and my dear Father have protected me through all of this)... and I have asked forgiveness and patience.

Anxiety or not, though, Christ comes first. I might chicken out of going to the movies or out to dinner, but I am going to the Memorial and I am bearing witness to my dear Lord. I have had so little strength of late BUT this is the one assignment that I can still do, so I was going to do it. Even though at one point, I wasn't sure if I should. So I asked my Lord to help me, and then I opened the bible to hopefully read something that would bring me comfort or courage, something that He would help me see and/or hear.

Well... I happened to open straight to Jonah. Jonah, I thought to myself, there's nothing to help me here in Jonah. What does Jonah have to do with me? But okay, I'll read it, at least the start of it... and as soon as I started reading, well, of course! LOL! The first thing I read was Jonah being told to go to the city of Ninevah. He didn't want to go (for different reasons from me not wanting to go to the memorial during covid, but still)... but JAH told him to GO. JAH had concern for the people of Ninevah!

So I'm like, Okay, Lord. I SHOULD be going to this city. (To partake of course, but also to be a witness to others, and to go in HOPE and in LOVE, and as assigned!)

Then I spent some time reading some Psalms (which were indeed a comfort, and about the resurrection, and I always love to read those Psalms that are about and/or from Christ... anything to do with Him just brings love and hope and comfort... and faith). Oh, and one Proverb that stood out that I just love that I want to point out quickly... I don't think I've ever read it (or paid attention to it before): A stingy man is eager to get rich and is unaware that poverty awaits him. (28:22)

I read and prayed and read some more - and focused just on CHRIST and serving HIM and doing HIS and HIS Father's will - a reminder that this is who I am (a servant, serving Christ and JAH), and of what or rather WHO is truly important. CHRIST Jah'eshua and HIS Father. What do I (or we) have to fear? Nothing! We have LIFE - in Christ, and we have hope, the RESURRECTION - ETERNAL LIFE. For us and our loved ones! What is there to worry about, lol???!!!! We have been given SO MUCH!! I have been given SO MUCH!!

Praise JAH and His SON!!

So... anyway... like I said... I went to the Memorial. AND I am SO SO GLAD that I did.

I chose a seat on one side of the room in a mostly empty space. Soon after I sat down, a man came and sat down a couple seats down in the same row. He asked me if we were allowed to sit anywhere (which was my first hint that he must not actually be a JW, because they would not have to ask that question). So I introduced myself. He asked if I was a JW, and I said no, and I told him why I come (to do as Christ said). I learned that he was a bible study (studying with brother 'so and so'), and that this was his first time attending the memorial (and of course now I am remembering when that was me attending the memorial for the first time as a bible study... and I had so much I wanted to say to him so he would not make the same mistake I made that first time by listening to men who told him NOT to eat or drink, instead of learning from and listening to Christ who says TO eat and TO drink, and that ANYONE may do so).

But the talk started... and it was the same old same old (though it seemed to have more of an emphasis on the lie about the "chosen few who were permitted to partake and how they could know it was only these few and not everyone else"... but maybe I was just noticing that because I had this new bible study person sitting next to me and all I wanted to do was shout out 'no that's wrong, don't listen to them!!... LOL)

At one point, I did take my phone out and open it to John 6:50 (it was already highlighted on my phone) and I sat it on the chair between us, just so he could glance down and see that Christ said ANYONE may eat. I don't think he looked, but I did see that he looked at all the quotes that the young speaker gave, reading along, though he seemed to read farther than just the quote. And I was like (silently) YES, keep reading, yes! I just kept asking that he SEE, "Lord, let him SEE!"

Then at the end, at the last song, he got up because he needed a drink of water, and I wasn't sure he was coming back. But he did. He came and sat with me and asked me if I minded telling him what my faith was (as in, religion). So I told him that I am Christian, that I belong to only Christ and to JAH, and to NO religion. I mentioned (not trying to be pushy) that all of John 6 was a great read, but that 50-52 lets you know who actually was permitted to eat, according to Christ. I said I didn't want to discourage him from his journey or his learning, but to keep in mind, no matter what any man says, to listen to Christ first. Christ is the Truth. Since the speaker mentioned the 'keeping doing this in remembrance of me' as a command, I was able to share that there was indeed a command. But that the command was to eat and to drink. It was not 'this' (I waved around the room to the memorial 'observance' where no one ate or drank). As to the command to eat and drink, I shared with him the account at the end of Matthew (I think Matthew), where Christ said to go and make disciples of all nations... teaching them (the disciples) to obey everything that He (Christ) had commanded them (the apostles).

At one point, he mentioned that the most important thing was love, to love one another. I said, yes, absolutely love... we are to love one another (and he had previously mentioned how kind the people were, and I agreed, the people here were very kind). THEN I asked if I could share something that Christ said about love:

"The one who loves me will obey my commands. My Father will love them and we will come and make our home with them."

It all just FLOWED perfectly... and not because of me (me, myself... I ramble, as some of you may have noticed, lol), but because of my dear Lord, the spirit bringing things to mind. And I am SO GLAD that I obeyed and WENT. That I stopped listening to fear and listened instead to Christ, in FAITH.

I also offered my contact info in case this gentlemen ever wanted to talk (emphasizing listen to Christ, to ask JAH to lead you to HIS Truth)... and he accepted! I don't know if he will reach out or not (and I am sure others - for certain this religion - will attempt to take away whatever seeds were sown)... but this man just reminded me of me at my first memorial, doing a bible study, doing what THEY said, not knowing anything. How could I not try and help him?

Anyway that was my night. I feel so blessed, so grateful, so JOYOUS!! I had to share!

Praise JAH and KISS the SON, Jah'eshua!!!

May anyone who wishes them be given ears to hear, and may anyone who thirsts and who wishes, "Come! Take the free gift of the water of LIFE!"

Peace and love to you all, and may you have peace as our dear Lord gives peace, and may JAH bless you and your dear households!!

your sister and servant and a fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

Post subject: Re: Another Memorial...
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:28 am 

Peace to you my sister,

And what a wonderful experience you had by obeying and going. How awesome the extensive conversation you were able to have with that man. Seeds were definitely planted. JAHeshua will take care of the rest if he is truly wishing and thirsting.

Your zeal and excitement shines through in your sharing. So glad covid didn’t win out LOL!

Have a wonderful weekend, and praise be to JAH and Christ for their precious gift of life they offer all mankind. It is truly sad that millions happily desire to ‘pass it over.’

Love your sister servant and slave of Christ,
Kim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:59 am 

Quote:
I have been so ashamed of this anxiety, this failing, this weakness....tec

Don`t be, a little Stage Fright is normal.

You`re walking into a strange place, with people you don`t know.
To Do The Unthinkable!!.
Participate in a Celebration you`ve been "INVITED" to!..LOL!!
You are now the centre of attention!

You`re showing people how to be Christians participating in the Memorial. These people don`t know how.
You guys do it with Dignity and Class.
You should see some of the Horror stories I`m reading on other forums.
People are there to not participate, or to disrupt the services, it`s a Dumpster Fire!

You did just fine, mission accomplished. Give yourself a Pat on the Back.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:03 pm 

Dearest Tec: May JAH and His Christ shine upon you and your family! Praise JAH! What a wonderful experience you had at the Memorial. I can see and feel your joy. I'm so glad for you and your wonderful experience. All you/we can do now is pray that the man listens to the nudgings of the Christ to come to him. Thank very much for sharing your experience with us. --Armando

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:14 pm 

Hola and peace to you, dear, dear sister Tams and WHOOOO-HOOOO for you, girl!

I have to say I do wonder why the man wasn't sitting with the person he was "studying" with but that's neither here nor there, really. I am SO happy for YOU that you derived a great deal of joy out of moving past your fear and letting love (for JaH, Christ, and anyone they put in your path) compel you!

My apologies (and wish for peace!) to you ALL for just now commenting, though - I was not able to before now. I cannot share my experience, per se, but only what occurred before and leading up to the Memorial night. Please note, this is NOT to take away from dear Tams experience, at ALL, so please feel free to stop here if you wish - no worries or problem at all.

A few weeks before the event, I was contacted by someone I hadn't had contact with for several months and for several years before that. We had been pretty close at one time after coming out but.. well... life, I guess. Anyway, the one asked me if I was going to the Memorial. I immediately heard Peter asking the Master as to the eventuality of Simon Lazarus and his response to Peter (John 21:22) and the question immediately "disturbed" me. It disturbed me because of what I shared here awhile ago, that my dear Lord told me that I am to get out of HIS way and going forward his sheep were to come to HIM.

Which is what I have been doing: standing aside, trying to fade into the background even, and for at least and more than a year, now - "decreasing" so as to allow him to "increase" (John 3:27-35). Unfortunately, due to not staying in contact, this person may have missed that share (while there was no personal contact, I thought perhaps they may have been keeping up here). It's been some decades since most of us got out of that harlotous daughter and a while since I shared that I am to move out the Master's way. So I responded to the effect that it shouldn't matter what "I" was going to do or not do, that it is up to the Master to direct each one.

Well, that resulted in a lengthy back-and-forth due to understandable sensitivities (unfortunately, I'm not good with anything more than "plain speech" - anything beyond that makes me feel like I'm standing on a precipice where I can potentially fall off and quite a ways down. Plain speech makes me feel more rooted, on solid ground). Ultimately ended with peace between us, praise JaH and Christ!

That is all I am able to share, dear ones, and that is because of those who still look at/to and listen to me... rather than at and to and listen to our dear Lord, JaH'eShua. If I share that I went and others did not, their consciences may be harmed. They may even ask, "Why didn't you say we should go?" That question alone should answer itself. If I share that I didn't go and some thought I should, same possibility ("Wait, YOU didn't go?").

And so, so that no one looks at ME at this point in the journey... especially in relation to matters like this and especially as to JaH and Christ... I must leave it at that.

But I do exhort you to consider John 3:14 again or if you haven't yet done so. As our dear, dear sister Tams is obviously doing, all praise to JaH and Christ (and GOOD for you, my dear, dear sister!)

May the underserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, JaH Who Breathes (VeH)... and the love and peace of His Son and Christ, my dear Lord, JaH'eShua, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit... be upon you all and upon your dear, dear households. And as our dear sisters shared, may you have ears to hear... and courage to LISTEN and RESPOND... when that One and the Bride say to YOU:

"Come! Take Life's(his) "water"... holy spirit, which is the breath, blood, and seed of the Father, which "water" the Son pours out upon and dispenses to (John 7:37-39; Acts2:2-4) ANY who (truly) wish it and are thirsting... FREE!"

Your servant (still, yes, but only that), sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 4:58 pm 

Peace and love to you all!

Sorry I did not respond sooner. I did read all of your responses (peace again to you!); I am just glad to have been able to share the joy from that night. Not because of me, but because of our dear Lord Jah'eshua and our dear Father in heaven! Praise JAH, and kiss the SON!

Quote:
Ultimately ended with peace between us, praise JaH and Christ!

Oh yes, praise JAH and His Son!

Peace again to you all, as our dear Lord Jaheshua gives His peace,
your sister, and servant and a fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 5:59 pm 

Oh and Shelby (peace to you my sister!), I should have mentioned, the gentleman was sitting by himself because his study person is an elder who was sitting in the reserved area at the front (one of the men who pass the wine and wafers).

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 4:33 pm 

tec wrote:
Oh and Shelby (peace to you my sister!), I should have mentioned, the gentleman was sitting by himself because his study person is an elder who was sitting in the reserved area at the front (one of the men who pass the wine and wafers).

Peace to you my sisters,

Like it says here LOLOL…

MATTHEW 23:6

“They love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues.”

Love your sister fellow servant and slave of Christ,
Kim