xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:07 pm 

Quote:
Derek Chauvin guilty in death of George Floyd
By Mike Hayes, Melissa Macaya, Melissa Mahtani, Meg Wagner and Veronica Rocha, CNN
Updated 5:15 p.m. ET, April 20, 2021

Where things stand now

Former Minneapolis Police officer Derek Chauvin has been convicted on all charges in the death of George Floyd.
Chauvin faces up to 40 years in prison for second-degree murder, up to 25 years for third-degree murder and up to 10 years for second-degree manslaughter.
Floyd died in May 2020 after Chauvin placed his knee on Floyd's neck while he pleaded, "I can't breathe."

......*A Really Long Holiday, at the CrowBar Hotel?!*

......Image

..............Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:58 am 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:24 pm 

Quote:
News
Derek Chauvin placed in solitary confinement at max security prison in Minnesota
Louise Hall
The IndependentWed., April 21, 2021, 11:59 a.m.

Derek Chauvin has been placed in solitary confinement at a maximum-security prison in Minnesota after a jury convicted him of the murder of George Floyd.

The New York Times reported that Chauvin is being held in solitary confinement for 23 hours a day at the Minnesota Correctional Facility-Oak Park Heights, located just east of the state capital of St. Paul. Chauvin is allowed out of his cell for an hour a day to exercise.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:00 pm 

I completely disagree with the verdict, on all 3 counts. He did not receive a fair trial—I hope he gets his conviction overturned on appeal.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:13 pm 

Wait, dear C&DLs (and peace to you!). I don't judge the man at all - that is and was for the state to do, via a jury of Mr. Chauvin's peers that BOTH sides accepted during voir dire.

Even so, I'm curious: how do you think his trial wasn't "fair"?

Because I wouldn't have been surprised had Mr. Chauvin been charged with 1st degree murder, given his previous conduct. I think the prosecution COULD have proven premeditation had they tried a little harder. They didn't want to risk it (which I understand), of course, and so went for the lesser, but totally provable, charge(s).

Please... please... explain... to the rest of us. Especially those who don't have a law degree (and didn't finish first in their Criminal Law class).

Again, peace to you (and to your dear household, of course)!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:17 pm 

Too much to type and discuss on a thread.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:49 pm 

Quote:
Too much to type and discuss on a thread.....C&DL

Actually it`s not, forums do it all the time.
Pages and pages of discussion.
Sometime taking days or weeks to discuss.

Unless there`s a knee on your neck.
Then the discussion may only last 3 min 29 sec.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:37 pm 

Quote:
Too much to type and discuss on a thread

Again, peace to you, dear C&DLs! I have to agree with the dear Sher'f (thank you and peace to you, my dear friend!)): too much to type and discuss on a thread... but not too much to put a position like that out there and NOT include facts to support it? Please forgive me, but I consider that lazy at best and disingenuous, possibly even hubris. And smacking of JW tactics ("Listen to what WE say/believe, but don't ask us to prove or even discuss it!"), at worse.

I realize there may be some background to "why" you feel as you do and it is precisely for that reason that I have asked you to explain. You see, MANY people believe they know the law; and yet, they don't, really. Or they think that others, who make comments such as yours, know... and these don't. Both know what they THINK the law "is"... but such thoughts are not necessarily what the law IS.

That was one reason why I was sent to Law School - the Master told me to do so because most, including myself, didn't really know the TRUE language of the USA. It is not English - it is legalese. And while it can be tricky, say, in contract-speak (and some WANT to make it so in US Constitution-speak), it's not that tricky at all in criminal law-speak. As the mother of two black children, I needed to know (so that I could teach them and help them avoid problems).

Since you shared your position unequivocally here, I humbly ask that you explain it. Provide the basis and at least some support. It really shouldn't be that complicated OR that long, really. If it is, then perhaps you truly DON'T understand the law.

To help you start, though, I offer:

If you base your position on all of the media attention costing Mr. Chauvin a "fair" trial, I would counter that this is 2021 and so, given all that is available media-wise, including cell phone cameras, well, Mr. Chauvin alone is responsible for that. Because he could, at ANY time, have stopped what he was doing and return to police protocol for how to handle someone who is subdued and no longer a threat, as well as his duty to give emergency care.

If you base your position that the Minneapolis Police Department policy allows the kind of maneuver Mr. Chauvin used, well, let's look at that policy (from Section 5-311 "USE OF NECK RESTRAINTS AND CHOKEHOLDS" of the Minneapolis Police Department "Use of Force" Policy (page 7, published 2/27/2017 -http://sfgov.org/policecommission/sites/default/files/Documents/PoliceCommission/minneapolis%20ced%20policy.pdf):

Quote:
5-311 USE OF NECK RESTRAINTS AND CHOKE HOLDS (10/16/02) (08/17/07) (10/01/10) (04/16/12)

DEFINITIONS I.

Choke Hold: Deadly force option. Defined as applying direct pressure on a person's trachea or airway (front of the neck), blocking or obstructing the airway (04/16/12)

Neck Restraint: Non-deadly force option. Defined as compressing one or both sides of a person's neck with an arm or leg, without applying direct pressure to the trachea or airway (front of the neck). Only sworn employees who have received training from the MPD Training Unit are authorized to use neck restraints. The MPD authorizes two types of neck restraints: Conscious Neck Restraint and Unconscious Neck Restraint. (04/16/12)

Conscious Neck Restraint: The subject is placed in a neck restraint with intent to control, and not to render the subject unconscious, by only applying light to moderate pressure. (04/16/12)

Unconscious Neck Restraint: The subject is placed in a neck restraint with the intention of rendering the person unconscious by applying adequate pressure. (04/16/12)

PROCEDURES/REGULATIONS II.

A. The Conscious Neck Restraint may be used against a subject who is actively resisting. (04/16/12)
B. The Unconscious Neck Restraint shall only be applied in the following circumstances: (04/16/12)
1. On a subject who is exhibiting active aggression, or;
2. For life saving purposes, or;
3. On a subject who is exhibiting active resistance in order to gain control of the subject; and if lesser attempts at control
have been or would likely be ineffective.

C. Neck restraints shall not be used against subjects who are passively resisting as defined by policy. (04/16/12)
D. After Care Guidelines (04/16/12)
1. After a neck restraint or choke hold has been used on a subject, sworn MPD employees shall keep them under close
observation until they are released to medical or other law enforcement personnel.
2. An officer who has used a neck restraint or choke hold shall inform individuals accepting custody of the subject, that the
technique was used on the subject.

You will notice the wording I set out Sections A, B, and C.

As to Section A., Mr. Floyd was not "actively resisting." He was TRYING to explain his claustrophobia and asking them to give him time to get in the car. I know this is possible... because my own son had this very same experience when he was 18 and the police pulled him over, dragged him out of the car, put rifles to his head, handcuffed him, and then TRIED to stuff him into the back seat of a patrol car... because a robbery had been committed in the vicinity. Never mind that the suspect was said to be "about 5'10" and weighing about 160 pounds." You have SEEN my son - LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Well, you can imagine HE might, at age 18, have tried to tell the officers that HE was claustrophobic (as well as terrified out of his mind!). THANKFULLY, another officer arriving on the scene intervened - NOT to stop them from putting him in the car, no, but to tell them HE DIDN'T EVEN FIT THE PROFILE. Well, of course they let him go... but not before they completely destroyed the inside of MY car, as well as scaring my son half to death. And no, they didn't pay for the damage they did, even though I filed a claim.

As to Section B. and Section C., from everything I could see (and there was quite a lot, from citizen's cameras as well as the officers' body cams... and not even all of the latter needed to be shown), Mr. Floyd was not "exhibiting active aggression", Mr. Chauvin wasn't trying to save his life, and Mr. Floyd was no longer "exhibiting active resistance" (once they took him out of the car due to his distress from claustrophobia) so that they needed to "gain control of" him. He thanked them (you can hear him saying "Thank you! Thank you!"). If he WAS... they should have called for additional backup. But in reality, at that point, they simply needed to call for a larger vehicle/van, having him sit on the ground handcuffed with his back to the police vehicle... as they often do... and wait for such vehicle to arrive. One officer even asked "Should we turn him over?" because that would have been the correct protocol in the situation AND that officer KNEW they/Chauvin had gone beyond Department policy.

But it didn't even stop there. At NO time did Mr. Chauvin END the restraint so that "After-Care Guidelines" could be applied.

So, I ask you, please, to state the support for your position. I would LOVE to hear it.

Again, peace to you, truly, and to your dear, dear household!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:42 pm 

The fact that the Ghislane Maxwell case didn't get the same media attention as the Derek Chauvin case says much about the system we live under and who controls it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:44 pm 

Quote:
The fact that the Ghislane Maxwell case didn't get the same media attention as the Derek Chauvin case says much about the system we live under and who controls it.....C&DL

That`s not a rebuttal to Shelby`s "Legal Argument".
It`s a deflection.

We`ve all dealt with deflection in the WBT$ JW Cult.
Ask any JW about Wrong Doing / Criminal Activity in the WBT$.
The standard WBT$ JW Non-Answer is:

"Well...What about the Catholic`s?!"

"What About the Catholic`s?!"
"What About the Catholic`s??!!!"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:20 pm 

Legal argument does not and did not matter......Chauvin was guilty before the trial even started.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:34 pm 

While it is true that Ghislane Maxwell may be guilty of heinous crimes, dear C&DLs (and as ALWAYS... PEACE to you, luvee!)... her crimes don't... as far as we know... include murder... AND... were not filmed. So HER "crimes" will be based solely on the testimony of her victims and accusers/eyewitnesses.

The PRIMARY victim, eyewitness, and accuser of Mr. Chauvin, however... can no longer speak. There appears to be PLENTY of testimony, though, from his secondary, tertiary, and even 4th/5th level accusers/yewitnesses.

So, I have to state that you've completely gone off track. Unfortunately, trying to compare apples... and watermelon... doesn't work. Please... let's stick to the one case? Provide your basis and facts to support your position, if you would be so kind?

Thank you, my dear brother, and as always peace to you and your dear household!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:44 pm 

Quote:
Chauvin was guilty before the trial even started.

Well, I mean... YOU kill someone in cold blood... on video. You DO it. The WHOLE WORLD SEES you doing it? Are YOU not guilty of DOING it? Regardless of what a jury of your peers OR a judge "finds"?

The court/penal system is what man has. Man created it, approved it, and requires the members of its society abide by it. Are YOU prepared to say that EVERYONE convicted by that system did NOT get a "fair" trial? If so... where is your voice/opinion for others besides former police officer Derek Chauvin? Where is your voice Ghiselle Maxwell?

Or, wait... do you believe she IS guilty? If so, on what basis?

Dear C&DLs... I am not trying to "contend" with you. I am, though, trying to show you where/how WE... who [claim to] belong to Christ, really need to leave these things to THE WORLD to which they belong. It's why, although my dear Lord told me I needed to KNOW the law/language of my country/world... I shouldn't get involved/form opinions as to its actions, choices, decisions, and judgment.

Please... consider this.

Again, peace to you!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:46 pm 

Quote:
Legal argument does not and did not matter......Chauvin was guilty before the trial even started.....C&DL

More claims?
Can you prove any of them??... Or...

Will we get more of this?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:02 pm 

Dear, DEAR C&DLs... again, peace to you.

My dear Lord, JaH'eShua, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit JUST said to me... and I'm gonna share with you. He JUST said to me:

"Do you SEE, child? THAT is why SEEING... is NOT believing. The children of Israel SAW... with their own eyes... all that I did among them. Yet, they called for MY death. And so, one can see something WITH THEIR OWN EYES... and STILL doubt. STILL not BELIEVE. Because their MINDS are blinded. The man saw another being murdered before his own eyes, just as you did. Just as MANY in your world did. Yet, he cannot BELIEVE... even what he saw. Just as many in your world saw ME being put to death... and yet, did not believe even their own eyes... because of their blindness and due to the FALSEHOODS of the Enemy and those who belong to him. YOU, though, do NOT listen to or follow after them. Listen to and follow ME. Do NOT judge, but do not ignore what your OWN very eyes SAW."

So, I mean...

Your "argument" was one of the weakest you could have offered, luv. It doesn't diminish my love for you, please know. I totally get "why" you believe... and so "see"... as you do. Because I know you. Because the Christ knows you.

I will leave it here, then, and release you from any... responsibility to respond further.

Please, go in and know I wish you and your ENTIRE household NOTHING but peace. Truly.

Your servant, sister (yes, of course!), and a slave of Christ,

Shel