xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:26 pm 

A lot of people think Covid 19 is No Big Deal.
Some think it`s a Hoax.
A lot of those people are going to Win a Darwin Award.
There are many ways to Win a Darwin Award.

Using a ShotGun for a Chair.
Can Win You a Darwin Award.

Finding a New Pet.

Refusing Vaccinations.

So...
Are You Getting a Covid 19 Vaccination?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:03 am 

Yep and done, dear Sher'f (peace to you, my dear friend!). Had 2nd dose last Friday. Bit of a rough night Saturday (felt "flulike"), but managed through and starting Sunday mid-day felt just fine. Since, I've actually felt more energized than I have in a long while.

Never had a worry about myself... before or after (Psalm 91) but, I mean, if I KNEW I had (or most probably could have) a contagious illness, I would consider it unloving to infect others whether I did so knowingly or unknowingly. Kinda like drunk driving: that whole, "There's no law against drinking... and I don't WANT to kill anyone... and I think I can drive "just fine". But what if...? I mean, "I only had 4 beers - Who knew I would drift into the other lane and end up killing someone?!" isn't a very loving outlook.

Neither is "Well, I don't have any symptoms so I must not have/carry COVID, so why should I get vaccinated?" Ummm... maybe to protect someone from YOU?

"Who knew" (the toddler was going to get into the gun cabinet)? That's why guns have safety locks. Same thing with contagious illness prevention (I just shake my head at people who TAKE OFFENSE at wearing a mask. ESPECIALLY (so-called) "christians." You love your brothers... but not enough to (1) temporarily refrain from meeting in groups, or (2) wear a mask when you do (or any other time outside your home)? REALLLY??! Ho-kay. Get away from me with THAT "form of godly devotion" - LOLOLOL!

Okay, down off my soapbox, now - LOLOLOLOLOL!

Thanks for asking, dear Sher'f, and as always, peace to you!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:38 pm 

Good morning Shelby!

Good for you!
Not only are you protecting yourself from suffocating to death from covid.
Your protecting countless others from the same fate.
That would be a horrible way to go.
Quote:
I just shake my head at people who TAKE OFFENSE at wearing a mask. ESPECIALLY (so-called) "christians."

We have genius`s like that up here in Canada.
I was in a bank and a woman walked in with no mask.
Another woman asked her where her mask was.
DumbAss said :
"Covid is no worse than a cold."
"I`m a anti-mask protestor, I belong to an anti-mask group."
"There are 70,000 of us across Canada!"

I`m thinking:
*70,000 possible Darwin Awards.*
*70,000 less Stupid People in Canada, might be a good thing.*
(Not so much for the Victims of Their Stupidity though.)

Now we have mandatory mask rules here.
Everyone wears a mask now.

The place looks like an entire Town of Bank Robbers!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:36 pm 

A lot of people think Covid 19 is No Big Deal.
Some think it`s a Hoax.

Well, almost 2.5 million people dead in one year is kinda a “big deal.” What’s killing folks if it IS a hoax?

No one more than the previous president did NOT want to believe in it and yet he himself became quite sick from COVID. In fact prolly sick enough without the best treatments in the world, he might have been in that death count.

So, precaution, safety and LOVE for my fellow man is the reason I will get my vaccine. “ Perfect love casts aside ALL fear.”

Thanks dear sheriff for the laughs,
Peace and love to you always,
kim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:27 pm 

Quote:
Well, almost 2.5 million people dead in one year is kinda a “big deal.” What’s killing folks if it IS a hoax?.....JM

Nobody is Dead.
Fake News is making people "Think they`re Dead"!

When Hell Freezes Over and Trump Wins the 2024 Election.
Image Image

A Lot of People are going to Realize...
"They`re Not Dead!"

Quote:
No one more than the previous president did NOT want to believe in it and yet he himself became quite sick from COVID.

Trump was extremely close to being put on a respirator.
That`s what you get for not wearing a mask properly.

Quote:
So, precaution, safety and LOVE for my fellow man is the reason I will get my vaccine.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:04 pm 

Well I just recovered from COVID pneumonia and it was the most terrible thing I have been through. I’m just getting back to work and I came down with this on Jan 6, still experiencing weakness and coughing. I asked my doctor when would I be eligible for the vaccine if I choose to get it she said 3 months they are recommending, THEN she said, by that time we will know more about the vaccine. That was a face palm moment.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:16 pm 

Peace to you my sister,

So sorry to hear you were so sick but so glad your on the mend! My office and their family got it (all ages from 37-90) everyone had a little different experience but ALL agreed, they wouldn’t wish it upon their worst enemy. Very sick, some in hospital, some toughed it out at home but they are experiencing still after almost two months some residual side effects.

So, don’t wanna mess with this! I’ll take the vaccine!

Peace and love to you and your household,
Your sister servant and slave of Christ,
Kim

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:18 am 

Quote:
THEN she said, by that time we will know more about the vaccine. That was a face palm moment.....HTA

The vaccinations are looking really good, especially the pfizer.
Quote:
Information on how well the vaccine works
Based on evidence from clinical trials, the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was 95% effective at preventing laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 illness in people without evidence of previous infection.
CDC will continue to provide updates as we learn more about how well the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine works in real-world conditions.

To read more.
Click the link below:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiB04Da7fjuAhVSjp4KHYyZBXEQFjACegQIBRAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fvaccines%2Fdifferent-vaccines%2FPfizer-BioNTech.html&usg=AOvVaw36k3KqAC7Pv3XPeQjZzBAe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:06 am 

Yep, got my first one and waiting for the second. Hubby had his and was fine, but it gave me a temperature and I felt pretty much off for over a week. Much better than covid though so not complaining.
Peace and love.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:55 am 

Another...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:07 am 

Greetings and peace to you all -

Glad to hear you're doing well, dear HTBO (peace to you, my sister!). I'd heard you may have had it (I think our husbands spoke about it) but because the last thing I want when I'm sick/not feeling well is to have to talk with someone... anyone, including Hubs at times... and especially if there's nothing that can be done/change anything... I left you to mending peacefully and quietly. An "All things you want men to do to/for you, you should do to/for them" thang!

All - Regarding the safety of the vaccines, I work for the medical research division of Kaiser Permanente, including the Vaccine Study Center and so many world-renowned epidemiologists, and so we received info step by step and LONG before the government starting putting any out. We were already putting safety protocols into place last February when the former President was calling things a hoax (while telling Bob Woodward that it was indeed "deadly"!). KP was on the front line as to a vaccine and actually partnered with Pfizer on theirs. We received daily updates and there were national, local, and even departmental "town halls" almost every day. So, when my boss asked me if I wanted to get vaccinated (because I'm an "essential worker" and so go into my office 3 days/week), I was like "Are you kidding?? Absolutely, sign me up!"

The above notwithstanding, my first reason was because I think my daughter had COVID (Hubs and I tested negative a few months ago)... and months before anything came out about it. She had virtually EVERY symptom and was quite sick and for a while and the doctors could not determine what was going on. She couldn't breathe, lost her sense of taste and smell, would vomit, even have what we thought were "seizures." It went on for months. If it was COVID, though, no way for anyone to know as there were no tests then. This was from about June 2019 (the world learned of it in November 2019). She was VERY sick and we were quite worried. I am hoping she will be tested for antibodies as that will let us know for sure.

But just because I wasn't positive when tested doesn't mean I won't become so and, even if asymptomatic, infect someone else. Also, we've learned that without vaccination one can get it again!

So, thanks, dear Sher'ff, for the laughs and encouragement, and thumbs WAY up to dear 'Mom and dear Fairywings (peace to you, dear sisters!) for the love! I had side effects with my second dose, too, but knew it was my body fighting and building up immunity... and it only lasted overnight. Now, I actually feel better than I have in months!

Peace to you all and to your dear households!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:55 pm 

I got Covid and I just finished up my 10 day quarantine (per kaiser) on Sunday. I never got a fever but I did get sick...like a bad cold and lost my sense of taste and smell. I was a little worried about that part because I love FOOD and the smell of it. I had asked Jaheshua last week when my senses would return and he told me it would come back this week and it did. It sounds ridiculous but I never felt so glad to be able to smell my sons dirty diaper ::)) and the smell of his head in the morning when I pick him up from his crib. I didn’t realize how important it was to me to be able to smell until it was taken from me.

I hope whoever gets Covid makes a healthy and speedy recovery and I shall pray for your recovery.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:22 pm 

Peace to you my brother C&D,

Everyone that I personally knew that got COVID lost their taste and smell as one of the symptoms.
They too never thought they would appreciate thIs “sense” until they couldn’t smell.

Happy for you that “you asked” and “heard” precisely what our Lord told you. And glad you can smell those dirty diapers once again LOLOL!

Seriously, glad your recovering as well.

Peace and love to you and your entire household,
Your sister servant and slave of JAHeshua,
kim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:05 pm 

Oh I’m glad you didn’t call Shelby, I couldn’t even hold my phone up! The kids kept trying to FaceTime me but I just didn’t have the strength to talk. And my cough was taking my breath away it was so bad. I started out with a little cough and nausea then broke out in a rash all over my back. Then the low grade fever, that’s when they had me go in for a chest X-ray. I was terrified with that diagnosis. What was very notable was the muscle fatigue, I could hardly walk. I forced myself up every hour to walk around the house just to exercise my lungs. It also attacked my joints, hips and knees. I’m still having good days and bad days where all I want to do is sleep, but that is getting less and less.

I am not anti vaccine , just cautious. I listened to a a Dr this morning talking about the vaccine and he said they are not sure people who have had COVID need both vaccines, they are thinking one will be enough, that two would be an overload. They are doing studies on this and hopefully we will know more by the time I’m eligible for the vaccine.
I believe this is the second time I’ve had this only this strain was worse than the first time which was Dec 2019. Your daughter very well could have had it. Sounds like she had a lot of the symptoms. I’m glad she is doing better!
After having been through this I can see how so many people are dying from this because it can take over very easy if you don’t fight it, it’s exhausting for sure.

I hope we are rounding the corner cause I’m looking forward to getting back to a normal life.

Peace and love to you and your family

AA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:10 am 

Peace and love to you all,

I'm so glad to hear that you are recovering, HTBO, and you as well C&D, and also your daughter, Shelby. That would have been rough not having any idea what could have been wrong at that time. I am not eligible for the vaccine for at least another six months (general population starting around September), but I plan to get the vaccine when it is available.

Sounds like you guys are moving fast with the vaccine distribution in the States. That's good, considering how hard the States has been hit.

Love to you all, and peace to you and to your households, as our dear Lord Jaheshua gives His peace!