xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:04 am 

Hi, everyone,
What's it like where you are at the moment?
Here in the UK it's more than a little crazy with people stock piling food and other basic necessities.
People are buying all the soap and sanitiser so there's none left for others and ignoring the fact we all need these products so we can fight the germs. The sheer senselessness and selfishness of it all is beyond me...
Who would have thought that being told to wash your hands would cause so much panic!
Sooo me and hubby are just sitting it out and will continue to not buy into the panic.

May you all have peace in this crazy, selfish world. ❤️

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:32 am 

Good morning,

I can truly sympathize with you because here in California in the city of Modesto—it’s not much better. I’m a store manager for a small retail store and we are completely out of toilet paper, soap, bleach, and beginning to run low on canned goods. When we did have toilet paper people bought 9-10 packs of toilet paper leaving nothing for anyone else. My company hasn’t placed any restrictions as of yet. We try to help where we can. We gave a few rolls of toilet paper to a mother in need from our own employee restroom. We are being yelled and cursed at for not having anything in stock. My employees are being threatened with violence. Hopefully everyone will calm down soon and be more thoughtful of others.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:51 am 

It is the same here in Canada, so many people hording stuff and leaving none for others. Crisis's seem to bring out the worst in some people. So many people buying cases of things and then reselling them at 10x the price. I am not too worried though, whatever happens will happen as long as we don't resort to that. In one town near me a fight broke out in the local Wal-Mart over toilet paper. REALLY!! Why do we need so much toilet paper anyway, can't we just use cloths set aside just for our butts and wash them afterwards in bleach or hot water and soap?
I am self isolating but that is normal even when there isn't a virus running rampant. My John got a cold 2 weeks ago from some guy at his work who went to work with a terrible cold/flu and my John has been sick as a dog for over a week. I got it 2 days ago and am feeling horrible. I am so angry with people who go out when they are sick even when its not COVID19 we should stay home when sick.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:26 pm 

.............."Corona Virus Causing Panic."

People are hoarding toilet paper (bum skid) here, it`s hard to find.
Apparently only toilet paper can save you during a World Disaster or Apocalypse.

I went shopping today.
No hamburger, no tuna, no toilet paper....No a lot of stuff.
Lots of empty shelves though.
If I needed an empty shelf, I had plenty to choose from.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:29 pm 

Just shut down all bars and restaurants here in Washington State. I work from home, so this is no big deal for me personally. The company I work for is doing their trial work-from-home this week with my support as I handle the IT stuff. So far, so good. Not so much panic about the virus itself. It's the economic impact that has folks worried the most, especially those in the food and entertainment industries that just got put on forced staycations, with no real clue as to how they're going to make ends meet.

I am reminded of the pale horse of Rev 6:8:
And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider's name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth.

Reading through Revelation, it seems to me these horsemen, the trumpets, the bowls, the seals... there is this sort of olive branch held out by God in all of it. If only people would realize what's at stake...

The rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues (NOT referring to pestilences of Rev 6:8, but the plagues of the sixth trumpet), did not repent of the works of their hands nor give up worshiping demons and idols of gold and silver and bronze and stone and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk, 21 nor did they repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts. - Rev 9:21

The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and it was allowed to scorch people with fire. They were scorched by the fierce heat, and they cursed[b] the name of God who had power over these plagues. They did not repent and give him glory. The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in anguish and cursed the God of heaven for their pain and sores. They did not repent of their deeds. - Rev 16:8-11

I am personally treating this as a wake up call.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:11 pm 

Greetings everyone and may our Lords peace be upon you and all your households.

Bay Area California is pretty much the same. We have a lot that just happened today. Hourly updates, lots of calls and a lot of our residents being sent home from work for the next 3-4 weeks or let go permanently.

So sad!

Learning along the way ‘ how to deal’ and give truthful answers.

Interesting ‘to see’ what is truly in the hearts of man during a time like this in a first world country.
The need to hoard toilet paper, and ammo! May JAHs mercy continue upon us all.

But we are all good here, Praise Jah and Christ! They knew it was coming and they got this. They got US!

Peace and love to you ALL,
Your sister servant and slave of Christ,
kim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:52 pm 

Peace to you all,

Same things happening here as most everywhere else (except that way fewer people are sick), and lots of work-places are shutting down, as well as schools. But we are all good, nothing to worry about. And even if things do get hard, there is STILL nothing to worry about. JAH and His Son already know how everything turns out, and the Master told us not to worry about anything.

Love and peace to you all, as the Master gives these things,
your sister and servant and a fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:35 pm 

Peace again to you all,

I just wanted to add something with regard to the people who are panicking and buying as many supplies as possible, just because it is niggling at me. Many of these people who are stockpiling are probably just afraid. Afraid and trying to ensure that they (and/or their households) are going to be okay for whatever comes. The panic of course snowballs, because if some people are buying everything up, then the feeling builds for others that "I have to get out there and get some before its all gone".

(Hollywood has not helped that fear, pandemics bring to mind movies like Outbreak - one of my favorites - with bodies piling up without end; governments lying, etc.)

Perhaps, if another is in need and the opportunity arises for them, they will give to that one in need.

Regardless, may JAH have mercy upon us all.

Peace again to you all, and to your dear dear households,
your servant and sister and a fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:45 pm 

Outlaw (peace to you).... too funny ; )

Quote:
Apparently only toilet paper can save you during a World Disaster or Apocalypse.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:32 pm 

tec wrote:
Outlaw (peace to you).... too funny ; )

Quote:

Peace to you all,

And yes quite funny Outlaw, peace to you. I’ve yet to be able to buy toilet paper LOL.

And Tammy (peace to you) that is the “ herd mentality.”

Folks seeing others “panic buying” thinking “ someone must know something I don’t know about” therefore I must buy and stock up as well. Possibly not even knowing the reason why, doing it “just because” everyone else is lol.

Ooh well, what can we say....

Agree, May JAH and Christ have mercy on us all!

Peace and love to you all,
Your sister fellow servant and slave of Christ,
kim

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:17 pm 

Greetings and peace to you all and to uour dear, dear households!

Personally, I'm thinking that while perhaps a worldwide thing, it:

- Doesn't rise to the level of "has never occurred before nor will ever occur again";

- Isn't accompanied by thick smoke, a dark sky, a blood red moon, and a trumpet(like) sound;

- Wasn't preceded by some way of OUR knowing so we know to flee or go into our inner rooms (I did work from home yesterday but went to the bank in the afternoon and will go to work Monday)...

So...

But I guess if we need to worry/discuss something this just as good as distraction as any, no?

Unless you're losing or have lost a loved one to this current crisis, I would admonish you to keep your gaze on the Copper Serpent... while obeying the "superior authorities" here, dear ones. Turn your eyes to the left or to the right... and you might miss the things above.

We ourselves have nothing to fear, though, yes? Because
(1) we're not left bereaved/orphaned AND there is a resurrection.

If you are called up to help and/or can help... help. But don't be anxious. Over this... or over anything.

The greatest of love and peace to you all!

Your servant, sister and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:07 pm 

We now have ...
"Social Distancing" due to the CoronaVirus, here in the Great White North.
Stay 6 ft apart while shopping!...OK...
I`m not in a rush to find out if there`s a God, or Jesus is real.

I go shopping, I get to the Check out line.
The woman in front of me notices my 2 cases of bottled water and informs me, I can get it out of a tap.
(Really?!..Never heard of that before Dumb Ass.)

So I politely inform her, you can`t drink the water where I am.
Woman: "Well Boil it!"
No, I prefer bottled water.
Woman:"But then there`s a mountain of plastic bottles!"
Not if you recycle them!
Woman: "But..but..Then you have to go to a Recycling Depot!"
??????????????????????????????

I shrugged and said nothing...
Eventually you have to stop talking to stupid people, or they`ll keep talking...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:02 am 

Morning everyone
Things are escalating here in Canada but not yet to the point where we have to hide inside completely. We can go to the grocery store and get gas and go to the liquor store and the drug store so we are not that bad off yet. But there are always people who don't care about others and go out when they are sick with a virus or this Covid-19 virus. Our Government are almost at the point of enforcing the law to stay inside at home because of those selfish people and declaring Marshall Law. Then thingns won't be fun at all. Yikes. anyway the grocery stores here are installing plexiglass shields at the cashier counters this week, they make the customers scan and and bag their own groceries and are limiting how many people go in the store. They also have made 6 feet markers as to where to stand in line for the cashier so people know when they are 6 feet from the other people.
My John works at the Hardware store so its considered an essential service. Yesterday the owners decided to close the store to customers thankfully. They are doing drive through, phone in and delivery service only.

John got a cold from a man he works with and was so sick, then I got it last week and was so very sick and still have it. As I said before people just don't stay home when they are sick and it gets spread all over no matter what kind of virus it is. I have not been out of the house since a month ago and only went out to get my leg brace. Before that I was out on December 23rd to get fitted for the leg brace so I am used to this isolation thing LOL but it really must be difficult for most people to get your head around.

My John is very anxious about all this, Extremely so and I am trying not to seem crazy to him saying that this kind of things was predicted in the bible and we need Christ to save us but he doesn't listen YET.

Boy do we need the earth to be ruled by Righteous Rulers and the ones we got haven't' got a clue and its all about how they will profit with everything they do. I feel bad that so many are suffering but not worried for myself as I know whatever is going to happen we have no control over it.

Thanks Shelby for reminding us that things are still not at that point where we have to run and hide. It isn't the Great Tribulation yet I guess. Doesn't the government step in and end all religion and then it happens?

Love and peace from Zoe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:14 am 

Greetings and peace to all and your households,

The constant “I am so worried” “ I am so stressed” among those that I come in contact with on a daily basis is why our Lord has continued to remind me of these verses, and any I am able to share with that claim to be people of faith.

Beyond the immediate panic of this virus, the worry about jobs, 401Ks, the economy and their future is why I appreciate the promise our Lord has given us;

Do Not Worry

Mat 6:25
“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?

Mat 6:26
Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

Mat 6:27
Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

Mat 6:28
“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.

Mat 6:29
Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.

Mat 6:30
If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?

Mat 6:31
So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’

Mat 6:32
For the pagans run after all these things, and your bheavenly Father knows that you need them.

Mat 6:33
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Mat 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Our lives have been modified, more so for some than others, and tomorrow will be another worry. But there are so many other parts of the world that deal with disasters, disease, hunger, bombings etc. on a daily basis and now get to add this virus to their list.

But he has continued to tell us “ Do not worry.” They already know this was coming and they already know how it will play out. If we keep our eyes and ears towards our master and leader JAHeshua, the copper serpent and not look away, he will take care of us. But do we truly believe this?

May JAH and our Lord JAHeshua be with all of you and your households, and may they grant you their peace.

PHILIPPIANS 4:7
“Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ.”

Love your sister servant and solve of Christ,
kim

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:31 am 

The greatest of love and peace to you, dear Zoe -

Quote:
My John is very anxious about all this, Extremely so and I am trying not to seem crazy to him saying that this kind of things was predicted in the bible

Please, dear sister... don't tell him this. It really isn't helpful especially as unbelievers see world crises come and go (Matthew 24:6-8). And it certainly doesn't give an impression of "GOOD news," which is what we supposed to be sharing, yes?

Quote:
and we need Christ to save us

Yes, but just because and each time our world has some kind of crisis? No, luv, for if that were the case our dear Lord would have returned long ago, far before we were even conceived, let alone come into this world. His purpose is much, MUCH bigger than what routinely occurs in our tiny corner of creation, all of which he and the Father will fix in their own due time, yes?

Quote:
but he doesn't listen YET.

Perhaps heeding Peter's advice (1 Peter 3:1-6) will be more productive? I'm sure it would prove less stressful for you.
For it is we who must bear more "fruit," yes? Not others, including unbelieving mates (John 15:1-7; Galatians 5:22, 23)

Quote:
Boy do we need the earth to be ruled by Righteous Rulers and the ones we got haven't' got a clue and its all about how they will profit with everything they do

While I agree that our world will undoubtedly benefit infinitesimally by our dear Lord's rulership... and I do so look forward to that time... it doesn't help to take issue with mere humans who are flawed but trying to help, no matter how tardy or flawed that help might be. I am thankful it is not upon me to try and remedy the world's crises NOR that I need to be overly concerned about me. JaH and Christ have "got" me and mine and so rather than being anxious and focusing on the "terror," maybe we should surpass that old WTBTS PTSD and help [in some way]. Sew masks. Make hand sanitizer. Share our food... bleach... and toilet tissue. I mean, IF JaH and Christ have us, what do WE need to fear?

Quote:
I feel bad that so many are suffering but not worried for myself as I know whatever is going to happen we have no control over it. 

Exactly. And we ARE only anxious, are we not, because some crisis is touching our world, now. What about those for whom crisis such as this touch everyday? Ebola, Zika, malaria, influenza, lead poisoning. We shouldn't allow ourselves the luxury of having "first world" reactions. People are dying elswhere all the time. And in even greater numbers. I didn't see anyone lamenting when China told all of their people to stay inside, even using drones to communicate the need. No, I heard people saying, "OMG, China is making their people stay inside! Look! They're even using drones! Just like communists to do something like that!"

Yet, here we are. And, quiet as kept, being a "christian" mea s being a "communist" far, far more than being a Democrat or a Republican, does it not? True, earthly communists have bastardized the practice and abuse it to the nth degree... but isn't Christ's rule one where the King and HIS government rule... explicitly and completely... over ALL? And won't ALL share with none having more than the other? And won't ALL be their brother's keepers... but in LOVE, not judgement, bondage, disloyalty... fear (and especially not fesr of the King and HIS government)?

I marvel at the world's "christians" and forms of government AND religion they THINK Christ approves and would be a part of LOLOL!

Quote:
Thanks Shelby for reminding us that things are still not at that point where we have to run and hide.

Times like these are not for us to be divided or judgmental, dear Zoe, but loving, kind, patient, hopeful and, if possible... helpful. To give, if possible, not criticize... and not fear. There are people out there putting everything on the line because of their compassion. True, some are doing it out of compulsion, some out of duty, some out of fear (of spread).

But many, many are doing it because they ARE "sheep," not "goats." And it not only would it be a future blessing to THEM if by chance one of them cared for one of US (or a loved one) with this (or any other sickness)... but to us NOW if we (or our loved one) regained health as a result. We CANNOT assume that NONE of these are angels, can we?

Quote:
It isn't the Great Tribulation yet I guess.

And praise JaH! For several reasons, including but not limited to:

- The tribulation will be NO JOKE
- We may... or may NOT... survive/come out of that tribulation (while we might have the hope, even expectation, not everyone saying "Lord, Lord," is who they profess to be)
- It isn't about US, per se
- It's about JaH and Christ, THEIR kingdom and THEIR righteousness and so what THEY think is best, including the time of our dear Lord's return

And it's about love, is it not? True, JaH doesn't want ANY to die. Nor should we. And craving the tribulation, even Armageddon, is not love.. As Abraham demonstrated when destruction was to come upon Sodom and Gomorrah. As Jonah did not demonstrate when the treat of destruction upon Nineveh was rescinded. Who knows who will be saved? JaH shows mercy to whomever HE wishes.

So, please, let's leave behind the WTBTS rhetoric, propaganda, anxiety, and FEAR once and for ALL. And continue in FAITH that JaH and Christ HAVE us... us AND our households... whether pur mates or children believers. For LOVE would not allow them to do less.

Quote:
Doesn't the government step in and end all religion and then it happens?

We don't have to worry about that, dear sister. We don't have to look for signs. Matthew 12:39; 16:4; Luke 11:29. If we remain awake... we WILL see them as their times come. We won't be caught off guard. Because there is only going to be a short window. In the meantime, rather than being caught up in distractions such as this current new one, we should continue keeping our eyes on him, our ears toward him... and paying attention to what he's already given us and is playing out in the background.

Look at HIM... and what HE tells you to behold/take note of. Not what the Adversary dangles in front of you.

Again, the greatest of love and peace to you, dear sister, to you ALL... and to your dear, dear households.

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel