xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:21 am 

The quiet "beginning" of "pangs of distress," perhaps? (And may you all have peace!)

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/isra ... ck-n863821

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/09/middleea ... index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/11/middleea ... index.html

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.pr ... -1.5990777

You might also recall:

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=2958&p=50642&hilit=preemptive+strike#p50642

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3017&p=51234&hilit=preemptive+strike#p51234

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1117&p=28353&hilit=preemptive+strike#p28353

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=3296&hilit=preemptive+strike#p52756

Some world events that are becoming curiouser and curiouser. BUT... NOT to worry - it's just the beginning, again, if anything. But it's also not a time to be sleeping, though, either, as one might miss when the time actually arrives.

If you're awake, stay awake. If you're asleep... might be a good time to start waking up. Jus' sayin'.

Peace to you all... and to your dear households!

A slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:33 am 

Whew things are definitely boiling in the world, seems there is a lot of warmongers out there right now. Something is definitely going to trigger bad things soon, Israel making the preemptive strike could definitely give Iran the excuse to strike back BIG TIME, very scary.
Amazing in looking at the previous posts you referred us to Shelby that even in 2013 and 2017 it was mentioned that it would be Israel who struck first because she is trigger happy and arrogant.

Quote below by Shelby from November, 2013
Quote:
If Israel does something... mmmmmm... preemptive, though, I don't think it will matter what the world thinks of anyone. I think it will be "on... like Donkey Kong". For EVERYBODY. Although, any strike BACK... by Iran... stands to be much, much worse. And I think THAT is what the other UN members are TRYING to prevent: they know Israel is "trigger happy" and COULD make a pretty good strike... BUT... they DON'T know to what extent Iran could... and would... retaliate.

And they don't want to find out. Because, the THINK it COULD be even worse and anyone EVER even imagines. And... they would be right. Israel, though, in her arrogance, isn't quite seeing it that way. She thinks she is stronger. She doesn't get that it isn't always the strongest... or the one with the largest army/most weapons... or even the one that belongs to JAH... that wreaks the most... and most damaging... havoc. Maybe in the end, but not always at first.

Sigh. Come, Lord JAHESHUA. For EVERYONE's sake.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:10 pm 

And not only that . . . but . . . look at what else may go on. . . .:

http://freebeacon.com/national-security ... tter-days/

https://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/Middle ... ogram.html

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavl ... s-n2469190

And amid all of this, may you have Peace as our Lord provides it.

--Armand

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:32 pm 

Hard not to get... I dunno... "excited", dear Armand (peace to you!)? At the same time, so over the WTBTS' "end of the system of things", "great tribulation 'just around the corner'"... "Armageddon's coming"... whole Chicken Little "sky is falling" schtick used to keep people in fear... that I'm gonna choose to remain calm. But also remain VERY awake - LOLOLOL!

Thanks for sharing those links - VERY curious(er)!

Peace to you!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:28 pm 

Hi everyone, thanks Armand for the news links, I was seeing a lot of stuff like that too the past few days. I saw one where Putin is telling his people to prepare for nuclear war with the USA and to get supplies ready. We have been getting so many threats for years that I can see how we can just become blasé about it and fall asleep thinking it is just another false alarm.

I am wondering what it is we are supposed to be doing while staying awake and what we are to do when the event happens? I thought we should continue praising and following Christ and showing love and faith but not sure what else we can do other than make sure we are not a part of Babylon the Great.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:50 pm 

Peace! As our Lord provides it.

Funny . . . in having conversations with my wife I am self-reminded about things that I am fond of (just merely fond of), and am reminded too of what our Lord stated. Do you think he "meant" what he said? Things such as:

Luke 17:30-31
It will be just like that on the day the Son of Man is revealed. 31On that day, let no one on the housetop come down to retrieve his possessions. Likewise, let no one in the field return for anything he has left behind. 32Remember Lot’s wife!…

Matthew 24:17
Let no one on the housetop come down to retrieve anything from his house.

Matthew 24:18
And let no one in the field return for his cloak.

Mark 13:15
Let no one on the housetop go back inside to retrieve anything from his house.

Luke 21:21
Then let those in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country stay out of the city.

For me . . . I think he meant what he said--for my benefit.

--Armand

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:34 pm 

Just for clarification, the above post of mine was simply my own musings over things in my own head and heart that have nothing to do with anything anyone has stated on this thread with regard to such-like events. It's just my own stuff said out loud. I do that often, but not too often on this board. --Armando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:53 pm 

SOoooooooo... what I "hear" you "saying," dear Armand (the greatest of love and peace to you, my dear, dear brother!)... is that you'll be able to walk away from your stuff? Well, good on ya, my dear brother - that's music to MY ears - LOLOLOL!!

Unfortunately, that's going to be a hard thing for many. I don't mean to sound... heartless... but I sometimes get a little "nervous" when people "lose it" because their house burned down or was demolished by a natural disaster, etc. My heart goes out to them for their loss, of course, but I feel a bit more sympathetic toward those who say, "It was just stuff; at least WE'RE okay/got out alive," etc. I cry for those who didn't make it, of course, but also the animals (and especially those who maybe could have saved themselves but couldn't get out/to safety because they were caged, tied up, locked in a room, etc.)

I am not a minimalist by any stretch - I also have "stuff." But I am grateful for the (sometimes very hard) lessons our dear Lord allowed me to experience as a child and young woman which taught me not to hang any sentimental value on "things," but be prepared instead to walk away... and sometimes on a moment's notice... should that become necessary. Whether I wanted to (walk away) or not. Just bite down on the stick... walk... and don't look back.

And you know what? I've learned that once you've turned away, turned your back, if you can keep it turned, it really isn't that hard. Well, not near as "painful" as we can let ourselves believe walking away/losing "stuff" might be.

I, though, want to personally thank you for getting to that "place," in your life, my dear, dear brother - LOLOLOL!

Peace to you!

Shel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:55 pm 

Greetings, dear Zoe... peace to you, dear sister! We should be doing a few things... and quite possibly more but at a minimum, we should be:

- Staying awake
- Paying attention
- Listening
- Obeying
- Praying (that our "flight" is easy as well as for our "enemies")
- Asking (for (more) "oil"... holy spirit - Luke 11:13)

The last thing we want is to be found asleep and with NO oil in our lamps. Matthew 23:1-13

Peace to you, luv, and to your dear household!

Shel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:31 pm 

Okay, thank you Armand and Shelby for your answers, I didn’t even think about this all involving picking up and leaving everything behind. I thought we would be forced to.
I am not sure how everything will play out but I am am assuming it will take faith and trust and awareness that the time has come to leave. But where will we be going?

So much to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:00 am 

I was so tired when I posted the last post last night that I asked a question when the answer was already there. So now re-reading I see the answer about where we are to flee to and why. The scripture Armand quoted.

Quote:
Luke 21:21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city.

The why:

Quote:
25 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26 People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27 At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”
29 He told them this parable: “Look at the fig tree and all the trees. 30 When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. 31 Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.
32 “Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

And why we may be asleep or not paying attention:

Quote:
34 “Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you suddenly like a trap. 35 For it will come on all those who live on the face of the whole earth. 36 Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:52 am 

Quote:
your hearts will be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness and the anxieties of life...

Powerful and very thought-provoking words, yes, dear Zoe (peace to you, dear sister!)? And, I realize, my only real "fear": getting distracted, becoming "anxious" over (something), and then falling asleep... but without enough "oil" in my "lamp" because I was too distracted/busy/anxious to make sure I procured enough... and so waking up "wanting" and being locked out!!!). Hence, my ongoing diligence - so as to NOT to have that happen - LOLOL!

Thanks for the WONDERFUL reminder and, as always, peace to you and your dear household!

Shel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:54 pm 

Curiouser and curiouser...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.co ... 1523668212

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:06 am 

:8O :(( :? :?

Well it must be horrible to live in the middle east right now, I just feel so bad for all the regular people there that are trapped in a country with such evil leaders and the one's who don't live there that stir it up and make it worse. We sure do need a loving King very soon for the whole world.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:06 am 

If anything, though, dear Zoe (peace to you, dear sister!), this is just the "beginning" of the pangs of distress. But the turn of events is, again, curiouser and curiouser:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

Notice, that was a vow from Iran, not Russia (as most are thinking).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.haaret ... -1.5990777

And remember, Israel was the FIRST to missile Syria... then called upon its allies to do likewise. And, they have been allowing preemptive potshots all along, so...:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 2c&ampcf=1

Anyway, not a good time to be sleeping... or "anxious."

Peace to you all!

Shel

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next