xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:40 am 

Yes it seems things are really beginning to stir up (again) and the so called good guys are certainly the one's who are making the first shots and strikes.

I say "again" because it seems to me even though people are concerned about the middle east the news media doesn't seem that hyped up yet. I mentioned this all to John and he doesn't seem to think its a big deal either. He follows military stuff religiously and is all for the Trump war mongering people and loves Israel and its "wonderful" military. YIKES!!! I so want to say something but it would only aggravate him.

I hope others who are reading here will put their two cents in about this. I feel like I am hogging the thread with my uneducated thoughts about things.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:20 pm 

Good morning dear Zoe, peace to you and everyone this beautiful day!

I mentioned this all to John and he doesn't seem to think its a big deal either.

There are multitudes that feel this same way which is why we have been given these reminders NOT to be distracted from keeping our gaze on Christ and caught off guard with the mundane things of life. While we exist here we would have to do what is nessasary to live, that is not what our Lord meant. As he prayed to His father with regards his disciples;

" My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one."
JOHN 17:15

It is what and WHO is our focus?

Are we "attached" to anything here? So much that we cannot let go if called upon to walk away from for any reason? Dear Armando shared wonderful verses, peace to you brother.

And why these verses are so pertinent to this thread,

2 PETER 3:1-4

Beloved ones, this is now the second letter I am writing you in which, as in my first one, I am stirring up your clear thinking faculties by way of a reminder, 2 that you should remember the sayings previously spoken* by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior through your apostles. 3 First of all know this, that in the last days ridiculers will come with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desiresb 4 and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as they were from creation’s beginning.”

This thinking is one of those that are not awake.

As well as these, MATTHEW 24:37-44

Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.37 For just as the days of Noah were,so the presence of the Son of man will be.38 For as they were in those days before the Flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, 39 and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away,so the presence of the Son of man will be.

42 Keep on the watch, therefore, because you do not know on what day your Lord is coming

43 “But know one thing: If the householder had known in what watch* the thief was coming, he would have kept awake and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 On this account, you too prove yourselves ready,y because the Son of man is coming at an hour that you do not think to be it.

No need to be anxious, our Lord told us to " Lift our heads erect, our deliverance is near."

Peace and love to you and your entire households always,
Your sister servant and fellow slave of Christ,
kim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:21 pm 

Hi Kim and everyone else reading here - It is NOT a beautiful day here in southern Ontario Canada, it is HORRIBLE, it looks like the middle of January here, 23 degrees and alternating with freezing rain, sleet and snow all day and supposedly all weekend. UGH!!

The bible verses you quoted Kim (thank you so much) are perfect to remind us to keep watch. 1 Peter 3:4 sure does apply to most people who don't believe things are going to change in a big way finally.
Quote:
“Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as they were from creation’s beginning.”

I can certainly understand how easy it would be to not want to leave our possessions behind when things come to that point. If we have a LOT of things that we have worked for all our lives it might be difficult so no wonder Our Lord said that we should store up treasures in heaven rather than on earth.
Matthew 6:19-21 - 19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

But of course it takes complete faith and trust and that could be a problem if we don't keep in touch daily with our spiritual needs and our Lord's help and strength.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:22 pm 

Peace to you Zoe, and to you all!

Quote:
If we have a LOT of things that we have worked for all our lives it might be difficult so no wonder Our Lord said that we should store up treasures in heaven rather than on earth.
Matthew 6:19-21 - 19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Yes, exactly! Especially to the bold. Think about Lot's wife. Her heart was in that city, and so she turned to look back (despite the warning against doing that), and she died.

As for anyone who might find it hard to walk away from "things" that they have worked so hard for all their lives... haven't some here in this place done that once already when they walked away from the WTS? (or any other religion that some reading might have worked hard for... some for a short time and some for their whole lives)? It started in the heart though, didn't it?

Things are just... things. They do not matter.

Thank you for the links, Shelby and Armand (peace to you both!) Very interesting stuff indeed.

Peace and love to you all, and to your households,
your servant and sister, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:53 am 

Mmm.....

*watches, listens, prays & thinks....*

Loz x

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:13 am 

Good Morning to most of you and Good Afternoon to you Loz - I sure hope all of you are having better weather than ours here, we are having a day of steady freezing rain, I am posting a few words here this morning in case we lose power.

Tammy thanks for reminding us that many of us have walked away from stuff before like a religion:
Quote:
As for anyone who might find it hard to walk away from "things" that they have worked so hard for all their lives... haven't some here in this place done that once already when they walked away from the WTS? (or any other religion that some reading might have worked hard for... some for a short time and some for their whole lives)? It started in the heart though, didn't it?

I know how terribly difficult and heart wrenching it must have been for a lot of you to do that because you lost loved ones and that is even harder to walk away from than things. I am assuming there a few people who are in that situation now of needing to leave loved ones and friends soon so as to be out of Babylon the Great when the time comes. I was thinking it would be easy to leave "my stuff" but then I was reflecting on it and realized it will be difficult for me too and will take a lot of faith. I was in a bad relationship situation about 10 years ago and I wanted to leave it so bad but my things and stuff kept me in it and I never got the courage to leave because I didn't want to lose my stuff. Of course I didn't believe then and it wasn't anything to do with spiritual things but still it reminded me that stuff seems to matter to me so I must guard against that.

Have a wonderful day everyone
Peace and Love

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:53 am 

LOLOLOL! Mornin' and peace to you all! I am laughing at the turn of this thread because:

I was raised a Navy brat and moved often as a child; and so

Never really attached to where I lived; as well as

Have walked away from sometimes housefuls of stuff at least 5 times in my life, at least 3 of those times for my dear Lord; and so

Have never really had any real attachment to things; and so

Rarely bought anything besides food and clothing brand new (and often bought used clothing) as who knows when one might have just pick up and go; but

Over the past year have acquired some new stuff (2nd time in my life, this time after close to 15 years of mostly "used" stuff but virtually all of which was abused/ruined by several puppies over the past 10 or so years!!); and so

Began pondering whether I could do it again (leave it all and walk away); or

Will "I" be one who ultimately turns out to be a "Lot's wife"??

Praise JAH and Christ, I know me. And I know... for sure... that it's all just stuff. True, there might be more to walk away from, now... but, yeah, I can do it. And I know why I can:

Because JAH and Christ have NEVER left me, have ALWAYS provided, and have virtually ALWAYS provided better. Maybe not always better quality or even new... but ALWAYS sufficient and "good enough" for ME and my NEEDS at the time. I have never been left without... or "wanting." Ever.

Ineed, I am SO confident of that that I ALMOST decided to leave the books off a new chair (placed there to deter puppy occupation). But then I thought, no, not yet. Let's wait until someone spills. And someone will - someone always does in my house (it's hard to hold a cup or plate when several dogs are clamoring for attention at your feet!). It will be soon, though, I'm sure (or I'll get tired of lifting heavy books!) and so then they can get back on the chairs (and I can already see dear hubby cringing at the thought but can't decide whether it's because of [his] spill... or the puppies on his new chair - LOLOL!).

But having dogs is like having kids (although I'm not sure my 2-legged kids would agree - LOLOLOL!) - furniture is just furniture and made to be sat upon. Not by canine hineys, maybe... but, I mean, "kids" are kids. Right?

Ya'll pray for me! LOLOLOL!

And the greatest of love and peace to you and your dear, dear households!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:27 pm 

When I was a young child, I was taught early on by my parents to be prepared to lose everything I have--all possessions. For me that stuck all the way up to now. I do enjoy my possessions (squat rack, dumbbells, barbell and bumper plates), but in the end it's just stuff. Stuff that I am prepared to walk away from and not look back when its time. I thank my parents for that teaching.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:29 pm 

Zoe: In answer to your question though, if we are called upon to leave our stuff, you asked, Where do we go? We go 'wherever the Shepherd leads,' we 'follow the Lamb wherever he goes.'

"They follow the Lamb wherever He goes."--Revelation 14:4.

"The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice."--John 10:3-4

--Armand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:27 am 

Hi and Good Morning everyone - the weather here is a bit better, we still have 2 feet of snow and ice but its sunny today at last so maybe it will melt a bit. I can't get out of the house until it melts as its still glare ice so I am hoping for warmer weather the rest of the week.

Armand, thank you for the explanation of where we would go, you are right Our Lord said his sheep would follow him and hear his voice. I guess we won't know exactly where his sheep will be going until he calls them and the time is right. The important thing now is to be HIS SHEEP and Listen to him!!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:49 pm 

And curiouser... and curiouser (peace to you, all!):

Quote:
"On Tuesday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told CNN that "nobody" wants war, but that Iran is the aggressor and that Israel has to "take a stand."

"I think that's the way to prevent war," he said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/mideast/is ... ls-n870051

"Beginnings" of "pangs"... perhaps? Maybe. Who can say? But these are quite curious times in some ways.

Thank YOU, dear Loz (and peace to you... and dear hubby... my sister!) for mentioning this.

Not sure if this is a good time to be sleeping, dear ones, but if it is hopefully everyone has enough "oil." Matthew 25:1-13

Peace to you, all!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:59 pm 

For a good peek at Israel and its agenda, consider seeing the movie "Beirut" -

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... _B0I0QEwDQ

(not sure the link works)...

REALLY good in its depiction of Israel (in the way my dear Lord shared with me and I then shared with you)... as it sheds a little more light on who truly might be the "aggressor" in the region... and why.

Peace to you all!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:35 pm 

Re whether Israel does/does not have nuclear weapons, Mr. Netanyahu responded:

"We've always said we won't introduce [nuclear weapons] and we won't introduce."

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2018/0 ... newday.cnn

Per what my dear Lord shared with me, this is true. It's their preemptive strike that brings about such "introduction" (by Iran).

Very curious times, indeed.

Peace... to you all, as Christ gives it!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:05 am 

I am always watching and very curious how things are playing out. Things seem to be simmering right now again with Iran and Israel. What is your (anyone here) take on North Korea suddenly doing a about turn??

I will watch that move Beirut when I can get it on DVD, I don't do movie theaters anymore.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:29 pm 

Looks like more pushing and back and forth between Israel and Iran.

Hopes this works.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/iranian-fo ... 1525912963

Finalcall

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next