xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Mr. Trump's UN Speech
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:25 am 

Oh, dear...

"Not good."

Started out pretty good, even great, maybe. And then...

Not good.

Not saying he was wrong... or right. I have no idea, ideologically. Just saying not sure the results will be what he... or anyone... expect.

Peace to you all.

A slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:42 am 

Destroy North Korea?
One crazy person, goading another crazy person.

Trump Is Out Of His Mind...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:06 pm 

Oh, dear (again) - thinking I should clarify (peace to you all!). I meant to type that the results would NOT turn out as Mr. Trump and others expect.

In his speech, Mr. Trump pretty much threatened the leader of North Korea... and made very provocative comments as to [the leadership of] Iran... in relation to both country's nuclear weapons programs. When he started out I thought, okay, maybe there's more time. But as his speech progressed I could say... maybe not.

Why? Because... next year is 2018. And so, another year closer. Closer... to the "beginnings" of "pangs of distress"... or are these kinds of things those "beginnings"? I cannot say but I can say my spirit felt a very cold sense of dread as I listened to the man speak. My spirit groaned "Ohhh, noooo!"

Regardless, it must be at some point, for the sake of the holy ones, for whom this might be pretty good news.

But it's "not good" for the world (which is what I was meaning, tongue-in-cheek... but reading it again I can see where my "pun" might not be clear).

Peace... as Christ gives it.

A slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:54 pm 

I groaned too Shelby. I hear...that the great tribulation is coming soon. Whatever that means in our timeline...

Peace

You're sister & fellow servant servant of the Lord

Loz x

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:06 pm 

Well, if it does comes soon, dear Loz (peace to you, dear sister!)... I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this was the "straw"... if not the "hammer." I get it that Mr. Trump wants to come off as "no nonsense," and maybe he should - worldly business, so I surely don't know. But I felt SUCH a sense of... sadness... like, mourning... and for a LOT of people... when his speech turned. Along with a kind of "forgive him for he hasn't a CLUE what he's just become a part of/started" feeling.

I have not heard anything as to it... but I haven't asked, either, nor will I. I want to be ready, yet (and will try to be, as much as I can), but I also don't want to be "craving" anything OR asking for a delay as to anything (I shouldn't). Que sera, sera. But I will do my utmost to be (as) ready (as I possibly) can, spiritually, if not every other way, as well.

But, yeah, it was something to hear.

I dunno. Maybe it's just me. Because I've never heard a speech quite like that, at least not one given in my lifetime. A bit concerning.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Again, peace to you!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:39 am 

Quote:
Why? Because... next year is 2018. And so, another year closer. Closer... to the "beginnings" of "pangs of distress"... or are these kinds of things those "beginnings"?

I'm wondering if I've missed something here Shelby...is there some significance in the year 2018??

Peace

Loz x

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:07 am 

Quote:
The Telegraph:
Kim Jong-un’s latest broadside against Donald Trump had people across the globe reaching for a dictionary as he described the President as a “mentally deranged US dotard” in his latest outburst yesterday.

LOL!!...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:19 pm 

Ah, dear Sher'f (peace to you, my dear friend), so, here's where we "are":

Quote:
(CNN)North Korea could test a powerful nuclear weapon over the Pacific Ocean in response to US President Donald Trump's threats of military action, the country's foreign minister has warned. Ri Yong Ho spoke to reporters in New York shortly after North Korean leader Kim Jong Un made an unprecedented televised statement, accusing Trump of being "mentally deranged."

The forceful rhetoric from Pyongyang came after Trump threatened to"totally destroy" North Korea in a speech to the UN General Assembly on Tuesday. Trump tweeted Friday that Kim was "obviously a madman" who would be "tested like never before."

In a rare direct statement delivered straight to camera, Kim said that Trump would "pay dearly" for the threats, and that North Korea "will consider with seriousness exercising of a corresponding, highest level of hard-line countermeasure in history."

"I am now thinking hard about what response he could have expected when he allowed such eccentric words to trip off his tongue," Kim said. "I will surely and definitely tame the mentally deranged US dotard with fire."

Kim said Trump's comments were reflective of "mentally deranged behavior."

Hours later, Kim's foreign minister told reporters in New York that Pyongyang could launch a nuclear missile test in response. "This could probably mean the strongest hydrogen bomb test over the Pacific Ocean. Regarding which measures to take, I don't really know since it is what Kim Jong Un does," said Ri.

Japan's defense minister Itsunori Onodera said the country must ready itself for the sudden escalation in tensions and be prepared for a missile launch. "We cannot deny the possibility it may fly over our country," Onodera said Thursday. Japan has been subject to two North Korean missile test flyovers in recent weeks.

In response, Trump said on Twitter: "Kim Jong Un of North Korea, who is obviously a madman who doesn't mind killing or starving his people, will be tested like never before!"

The phrase "highest level of hard-line countermeasure in history" could be considered an escalation in the choice of language used, said Vipin Narang, a professor of political science at MIT and expert on deterrence and nuclear policy. "This is clearly trying to coerce the US into playing ball," Narang told CNN.

In his first address to the United Nations as US President, Trump said that the US was ready to "totally destroy" North Korea if it was forced to defend its allies, a warning seen as unprecedented for a US president delivering an address to the world's leaders and top diplomats.

Responding to the speech, Kim said Trump's comments amounted to an insult.

"I'd like to advise Trump to exercise prudence in selecting words and to be considerate of whom he speaks to when making a speech in front of the world," Kim said.

A handful of North Korea analysts believe Kim's response -- the first time he has ever released a first-person statement -- could show how personally the young leader took Trump's speech.

"This is unprecedented, as far as we can tell," Narang said. "It's written by him, it's signed by him ... He was clearly offended by the speech, and what concerns me most is the response he says he is considering."

"The message is chilling," Narang said.

Thing is... Trump ALSO "insulted" Iran, who leader fired back:

Quote:
"Not content to sit back and let President Donald Trump hog all the attention at this year’s United Nations General Assembly meeting, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani took the stage on Wednesday and proceeded to deliver a lengthy speech almost entirely devoted to blasting President Trump.

Without actually naming Trump, Rouhani said that yesterday, words were spoken in the UN General Assembly that were “hateful” and “unfit to be heard in the UN, which was established to promote peace.” In case there was any confusion as to whom Rouhani was referring, almost simultaneously, Rouhani’s official Twitter account tweeted using similar language specifically calling out the US president:

Quote:
@HassanRouhani
Ugly, ignorant words were spoken by the US president against the Iranian nation. Full or hatred & baseless allegations and unfit for #UNGA

This comes one day after Trump used his speech at the UN to slam Iran. He labeled Iran’s government “a corrupt dictatorship behind the false guise of a democracy” that has “turned a wealthy country, with a rich history and culture into an economically depleted rogue state whose chief exports are violence, bloodshed, and chaos.”

Trump also sharply criticized the 2015 nuclear deal with Iran, calling it “one of the worst and most one-sided transactions the United States has ever entered into” and signaling that he may be considering pulling the US out of the deal soon.

Rouhani in his speech Wednesday fired back, declaring, “We are unmoved by threats and intimidation” and stating, "it will be a great pity if this deal is destroyed by rogue newcomers to the world of politics," referring to the Trump administration.

On October 15, Trump will once again have to certify to Congress whether Iran is in compliance with the nuclear deal, an agreement between the US, Iran, and European and Asian powers that lifted a series of punishing economic sanctions in exchange for Tehran accepting strict curbs on its nuclear-related activities. The punishment for Iranian cheating — like operating prohibited technology used to produce nuclear material — is the reimposition of sanctions. So it’s fair to say the animosity between the two countries couldn’t come at a worse time.

Rouhani also used his speech to distance Iran from its many wrongdoings around the world. He said his government condemns terrorism, dictators, and human rights violators, glossing over inconvenient facts including that Iran is one of the greatest sponsors of terrorism with its support of Hezbollah and other Shia militias in the Middle East; backs the brutal dictator Bashar al-Assad in the Syrian civil war; and regularly commits egregious human rights violations at home.

During a global conference meant to promote peace, the comments of Rouhani and Trump put the US and Iran on a more antagonistic path.

What I wonder is... whether these developments will be what puts Israel "on notice"... and lead THEM to that pre-emptive strike we've discussed.

Curious times, these.

Peace to you, dear friend!

YSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:34 pm 

Hey (((Shelby!)))

I forgot about Iran.
Trump needs a friggin babysitter.
He`s going to push the wrong person too far and there will be no going back.
I was watching him at the UN, he couldn`t figure out what one of the buttons on his monitor was for.
This is the same guy who has access to the nuclear codes.
He can`t be trusted to figure out a button on a monitor!...LOL!!
We`re in friggin trouble if someone doesn`t get control of him.
Now Kim Jong Un wants to do an Atmospheric nuclear test.

What Is Wrong With These People?!

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:57 pm 

This was just today http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/iran-announces-test-missile-easily-capable-hitting-israel-article-1.3516511

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:39 pm 

Thanks, HTBO (peace to you!).

Quote:
Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman called the test a “provocation.”

“The ballistic missile which Iran fired is a provocation of the United States and its allies, including Israel,” Lieberman said in a statement."

Could be the start of a very bumpy ride. Might be to time to fasten seatbelts. Can't hurt.

Thanks and peace to you, again!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel