xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Cure for MS - WOW!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:17 pm 

I just saw this today, one of my exJW friends has MS and she posted it but of course not believing it. I have MS and its bad, my quality of life is not good and I wish there was miracles which it would take to cure me and others who have this awful disease.
I think its TERRIBLE that these Evangelists would say these things and give people hope. Where is the proof??

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/pat-robertson-multiple-sclerosis-is-demonic-and-can-be-healed-once-rebuked/

Post subject: Re: Cure for MS - WOW!!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:35 pm 

Zoe wrote:
I just saw this today, one of my exJW friends has MS and she posted it but of course not believing it. I have MS and its bad, my quality of life is not good and I wish there was miracles which it would take to cure me and others who have this awful disease.
I think its TERRIBLE that these Evangelists would say these things and give people hope. Where is the proof??

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/pat-robertson-multiple-sclerosis-is-demonic-and-can-be-healed-once-rebuked/

Mornin and peace to you Zoe,

What I saw briefly is the problem may lie in whose "name" and the faith in that name they may be calling upon. Might have to do with why it's not working.

Robertson assured her that “you need in the name of Jesus to rebuke that thing and to say to your body, ‘You will be whole!’”

May our Lord give you his peace and strength to continue to endure dear Zoe,
Your sister and slave of Christ, kim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:13 pm 

I'm not sure that would work for a couple/few reasons, dear 'Mom (peace to you, luv!), regardless of the name invoked. In every instance that I know of, none [were able to heal[ed]] themselves. Even the instance of the man who the Apostles claimed wasn't one of them but was going around healing in our dear Lord's name - he healed by invoking Christ's name, yes, but he was healing others, not himself. Even our dear Lord himself didn't use his gifts for his own benefit, which he certainly could have. With the exception of his resurrection (for which he was given "keys" by the Father), he only used his gifts to the benefit of others... including healing [people with some of the most heinous illnesses].

And that is my understanding of the purpose of the gifts of the spirit, including (and perhaps especially) the gift of healing - because, if you recall, Paul even resurrected Eutychus... but couldn't heal himself (of blindness). It's the same premise as with speaking in tongues, which we discussed in dear Zoe's (peace to you, as well!) thread on that topic: what's the point in speaking in tongues... if one can't interpret/doesn't know what one himself/herself is saying? It only benefits the one... and even then, no one can say how. What's the point in having the gift of healing... if one is only going to heal oneself, or oneself first? Christ didn't do that, even when he knew people were wondering why he didn't.

The situation, however, is tragic, IMHO. Although since Pentecost 30CE, there have been those given the gift of healing, it seems that today there are extremely few and of those even fewer want to use such a gift to benefit others (vs. self-glorification and personal gain: "Look how God has blessed me! Look what I can do!" "Come, all of you, to me, and I will heal you!" Some then add insult to the injury by passing around a (donation) plate).

It's almost terrifying to me that such view it that way - this is NOT a game. And I truly didn't understand it until my dear Lord explained that these don't want to benefit others: again, it is self-glory that is most important to them... if not financial gain (most often). Add to that, their concern that they might have to "inconvenience" themselves somehow in doing so. For instance, possibly having to travel a long distance (although readily and more than willing to do so for vacations and other reasons not even related to their gifts). Or that they may have to incur some expense (and so, not really trusting God to repay them, as He definitely would). There is also the fear of contracting "something" themselves (i.e., as our dear Lord did when he took the sicknesses of those he healed into his own body). Yet, the flesh is of no use at all and there is, after all, resurrection.

And so, sadly, they either use their talents for personal gain NOW (and so, are having their rewards in full, NOW)... or, even more sadly, don't use them at all/hide them and so such are eventually revoked. To the great detriment of others, possibly including dear ones (but more often, unbelievers, as the use of gifts is for them)... and worse, to the LACK of glory to God and Christ. And most worse... it is a demonstration of a lack of love, which is "lawlessness." The "law" of "love" not being IN them, to their detriment... and the great sadness of JAH and Christ.

I know this doesn't help your situation, dear Zoe... but I had to share this, given what the man in the link said to the woman. I mean, why couldn't HE heal her... versus putting it upon HER? Did HE not "want to"?

Would that I had the gift to heal you myself... but I don't. As I don't have the gift of tongues and others. I once thought it was because I hadn't asked for it (healing) or that I was perhaps afraid somehow. These both could be true, but I was reminded by my dear Lord that one does not choose one's own gift(s); such are granted as the FATHER deems necessary.

Because, again, it is JAH's work, through Christ, that is supposed to be being done. Not our own. WE... are to REST... from doing our OWN "works" during His Holy Sabbath. And since Christ is LORD of the Sabbath, EVERY day is a "sabbath" day to JAH. Hence, we would want to observe God's Sabbath EVERY day, and not just when it's convenient, easy, or profitable for US. When we do otherwise, we "profane" His sabbath.

I'm sorry, but I had to share that. I didn't include scriptures/verses, because I was directed not to this time.

May anyone with ears to hear... hear, then, what the SPIRIT says... and get the sense of these truths.

Peace to you, all.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:24 am 

Good Morning everyone.
Thank you Kim and Shelby for your comments on this thread. It seemed to be he had to blame the person with MS for having a wicked spirit since he couldn't do it. I agree that it was never expected by Christ to heal oneself or rebuke the spirit in the name of Jesus. What utter nonsense.

At the time I posted it I was shocked that a so called man of God would be so cruel as to say that MS was caused by a wicked spirit inside of you that you needed to cast out. He was being typically judgemental and unkind as well as proving to me how off the track of having truth and God's spirit he is.

As far as me, I have never sought out healing by faith healers or even believed it was possible in these days. My only hope is for a new Kingdom under Christ's rule. I have accepted my disease and the inconveniences that come with it. its not fun but I blame no one and don't expect that modern science can cure it either for now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:32 am 

OH and Wow Eugene actually commented on my Question about Speaking in tongues. I thought he ran a 1000 miles away from me since I agreed with LQ and Shelby and Kim.

All he did was "quote" from some article (probably Watchtower publication) about how it was agreed by Church of England and some other place that the speakers of tongues might have wicked spirit sources.

I commented that I agreed with his quotes but the jury was still out (for me) whether it was possible to have the gift of speaking in tongues in this day and age.

https://www.quora.com/Is-speaking-in-tongues-needed-as-a-gift-from-God-in-our-modern-times/answer/Eugene-Rideout?__nsrc__=4&__snid3__=1154376193