xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:36 pm 

Ahhh, dear Tams... peace to you... and my apologies because I misunderstood YOU, luv. So THANK you for clarifying!

Dear Wheels... peace to you, as well, and I would like to continue (because relativity IS part of the point - remember, dear ones (peace to you all!)... E=MC2!). Unfortunately, I went to dentist this afternoon (FINALLY got that crown!!!... but some other work done, too)... and after walking/feeding too meds are wearing off and Im a bit tired. So going to bed. BUT... I will be back tomorrow, if I can, or as soon as I can be.

Peace to you all... and to your dear households!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:38 am 

IS this what you mean Shelby?
http://geraldschroeder.com/wordpress/?page_id=53

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:46 am 

In regards to the comment from Paul's letter to the Romans (chapter 5) that it was Adam's sin that brought death into the world.
We need to read what paul actually wrote in context:

Quote:
12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned— 13 for [h]until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a [i]type of Him who was to come.

Through Adam's sin, death entered to world to HUMANS because all sin (now).
The price of sin is death (mortality), that we all pay for now.

Paul was showing that, justifying that, ONE man can indeed save all because IF because of one man we all die in sin, then surely one man, a very special man, far more special than Adam, can certainly save us all.

Quote:
18 So then as through one transgression [m]there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness [n]there resulted justification of life to all men. 19 For as through the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners,

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:30 pm 

Oh, my! That article is quite something, Paul. I so wish I had a head for science.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:01 pm 

Quote:
Is this what you mean Shelby?

OMG, dear, dear P... peace to you, dear brother... and yes, I think it IS! But I could NEVER put it into words like that; I simply don't know the physics/math/cosmology, etc. But... yes! It sounds VERY much like what I was told by our dear Lord:

Quote:
His works frequently cite Talmudic, Midrashic and medieval commentaries on Biblical creation accounts, such as commentaries written by the Jewish philosopher Nachmanides. Among other things, Schroeder attempts to reconcile a six-day creation as described in Genesis with the scientific evidence that the world is billions of years old using the idea that the perceived flow of time for a given event in an expanding universe varies with the observer’s perspective of that event. He attempts to reconcile the two perspectives numerically, calculating the effect of the stretching of space-time, based on Einstein's general relativity.

Namely, that from the perspective of the point of origin of the Big Bang, according to Einstein's equations of the 'stretching factor', time dilates by a factor of roughly 1,000,000,000,000, meaning one trillion days on earth would appear to pass as one day from that point, due to the stretching of space. When applied to the estimated age of the universe at 13.8 billion years, from the perspective of the point of origin, the universe today would appear to have just begun its sixth day of existence, or if the universe is 15 billion years old from the perspective of earth, it would appear to have just completed its sixth day.

YES!! YES!! YES!!! THAT's what I mean!!!

Oh, and I am SO excited about this - I can't tell you!! For several reasons:

1. Another "knows" this, from a SCIENCE perspective (and he seems VERY credible/credentialed/knowledgeable: https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Schroeder);

2. Someone is able to ARTICULATE it from a scientific perspective (again, someone VERY credentialed, scientifically-speaking);

AND... MOST importantly...

3. It's just one more time where my dear Lord's words to ME are proved TRUE:

"Not all that is written [in the Bible] is what I will tell you, but all that I tell you... IS written."

And here you go, what he told me and showed me... written. Not in the Bible, no, or in the Talmud, Quran, etc. BUT... I don't think Dr. Schroeder is the first to have written it. In our modern age, yes. But I have NO doubt that the ancient Egyptians and perhaps even the Arabians... heck, some of the Greek great minds... wrote it down somewhere, too.

But THANK you, again, dear, dear P for this! If man who received his Ph.D in nuclear physics and earth and planetary sciences from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and was a member of the United States Atomic Energy Commission corroborates what I'm trying to share, well... who am I to disagree with HIM? LOLOLOL!

Peace to you and THANK you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel, who knows that some find Dr. Schroeder's position "controversial," but that is because, unlike the universe, their MINDS... CAN'T expand. Not that "far". Oh, but if only their minds could - if they could just OPEN their minds. But, well, therein lies yet another link in the "chain" of the slavery of being flesh with its (own) blood...)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:22 am 

My pleasure Shel :)
I have always enjoyed Dr. Schroeder's works.
Science is never in conflict with faith, it's just that, sometimes, we don't understand science well enough so that it APPEARS to contradict the bible and faith.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:34 pm 

Quote:
Science is never in conflict with faith,

Nor the other way around, I would venture, dear P (peace, dear brother!): faith is never in conflict with science.

Quote:
it's just that, sometimes, we don't understand science well enough so that it APPEARS to contradict the bible and faith.

OR... sometimes... MOST times... the proponents of science... and the proponents of religion (which is NOT the same as faith)... don't understand FAITH... well enough... so that it appears to contradict SCIENCE. Nothing could be further from the truth, though. There are things in the Bible that contradict both faith AND science. But faith does not contradict science. And science... doesn't comprehend... faith.

MARVELOUS stuff, though! Dear hubby and I were kinda giddy discussing it this morning. Went even further... which I will share later.

Peace to you and thank you, again!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:38 pm 

Peace to you, all! I'm thinking maybe I need to clarify what I mean/Dr. Schroeder is talking about using simpler terms. Maybe not... but just in case...

In the case of progeria, a person's BODY ages rapidly even though the person is only a few years old. So, again, you may have an eight year old with the BODY of an 80 year old. That's because the condition will have caused aging at, what, 10 times the normal rate (don't ask me to be accurate on the math - sorry, no can do). Like "dog" years: my Louie is 9 years old in OUR time, but in "DOG" years he's 63 (7 x 9, dog years being 7:1 to human years). In June, he'll be 10 in our years... but jump to 70 in HIS years!! So, what we're talking about is the RATE of time/aging: it is not always the same, even in the same world!

And my understanding is that it is the same with the physical universe: we're measuring it in HUMAN time... versus... mmmm... I dunno, "cosmic" time? So that, while something actually may be 100 million years old in the way WE would count as to ourselves in HUMAN years (or, we count Louie being "63" or "70" in HIS - dog - years), it's actually only 1,000 years old in "cosmic" years (or Louie being 9 or 10 in HUMAN years).

What I'm speaking of is not progeria, per se, or dog years... but time CHANGING... as the universe expands. Picture in your mind, if you can, the "birth" of the physical world. The moment "Light" came forth. Okay, the "Big Bang," if you will. Picture things hurtling through space (which is another topic - space... expanding... into... what?? I'll touch on that later/another time). As they hurtle... gadrillions of miles away from the initial "event"... "time" changes. Gets... slower.

So that, initially, what normally occurs in a trillion days NOW... back THEN... occurred in what is a NOW 24-hour period (by OUR methods of counting time). I know, I know... 24 hours is how we measure time HERE, on THIS planet. BUT... I am talking about the same measure of time: our 24-hour period. It would be like when we "fast-forward" a movie: doing what, in regular time, would take about 2 hours to get through... is gone through in less than 10-15 minutes! The exact same total set of events... but COMPRESSED into a smaller period of time!

Now, picture, say, the creation days. What if the "day" was, if counted in OUR time... several millenia? That several millenia occurred in what WE consider to be a 24-hour period... because time was SPEEDING then (and is slower now, which is what scientists say is occurring, the universe expanding at a much slower rate).

Unfortunately, I can't put this into math, as Dr. Schroeder has.

In addition to the above, scientists count "time" as beginning with the event (big bang). What, though, if time didn't BEGIN... UNTIL ADHAM BEGAN TO DIE? If Adham had not begun to die... what would be the PURPOSE of time? If WE didn't die... why would we be CONCERNED with time? We wouldn't... because time would never "RUN OUT". Right? Even if he had a beginning... what would be the point in counting Adham's... or anyone's "years"... except maybe as to the birth of his progeny ("And when Adham was such and so old, he had so and so..."). But who would care about THAT... if so and so didn't die EITHER? Who would care what year ANYONE was born in... if NO ONE died?

BUT... if life is LIMITED, then time would be important. GREATLY important. Because there would only be a limited time in which one could "do" something. Find a cure. Save an ocean. Save the planet. But find a cure/save the planet... WHY? If we didn't DIE... it wouldn't MATTER. Right? "Ah, but Shel, if we didn't save the planet it would die!" Yes! It would. Eventually, yes! Stars die all the time and so the planets that are dependent upon them die, too. ALL THE TIME. BUT... if WE didn't die WITH it... our children didn't die WITH it... what would we CARE? Would we not just move on to another planet... out of the 50-ga-billion other ones out there? But, Shel, what if we couldn't LIVE on another planet? Or get there? But, dear ones, we WOULD be able to live on another planet... and we COULD get there... IF we needed to do so. But why WOULD we? We DON'T DIE. So it wouldn't matter whether we were here or somewhere else... this planet or another. It WOULDN'T MATTER. Heck, we could LIVE in "space"... if we didn't DIE. Right? See where I'm going with this (think spirit beings)?

So maybe time is being measured from the wrong "starting" POINT: the "start" of creation... rather than the "start" of DESTRUCTION/DEATH.

Okay, so there's that (and I apologize for all the caps - exciting... okay, "passionate"... stuff, for me, though, and I'm at work so gotta get all I can in - LOLOL!). There's more, but I can't articulate/share it right now. Will as soon as I can.

Peace to you all!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:08 pm 

Peace to you Shelby!

I have not commented (wrote something, then waited, then forgot), but I did read the article and find it fascinating. The time slowing down as space stretched, being very fast at the beginning.

Quote:
rather than the "start" of DESTRUCTION/DEATH.

This makes sense. All you said makes sense. I keep getting glimpses of 'something', more of a feeling of something I should be able to understand. It is exciting.

Thank you for taking the time to explain more though.

Peace and love to you, and to you all, and to all your households,
your servant and sister, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:46 pm 

Quote:
time slowing down as space stretched, being very fast at the beginning.

YES, dear Tams (peace to you, luv!). And you can imagine this just by consideration an explosion/smashing of liquid: the speed of the splatter at FIRST is VERY fast. Those debris/particles, though, remain close to the original event. As debris/particles/moisture get farther and farther away from the initial event, however, the speed lessens. Things are traveling MUCH slower than at the initial event.

Now, consider "time" in terms of and within that trajectory. The same kinds of things occurring but MUCH faster during the initial part of the path, then occurring but at a much SLOWER pace as the route continues.

That brings us to my example of "dog" vs. man years: what occurred in, say, 1,000 years (9 years of our time) carries the AGE as IF it occurred in, say, 100 millions years (63 years of our time). Initially, because of the SPEED of the projection... 100 millions years (or MORE) is COMPRESSED into 1,000 years (going by how we count "time").

I hope that makes sense and thank you for letting me know you got it/are trying to get it - LOLOLOLOL!

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:27 pm 

Greetings, Everyone. May you have Peace.

I found this article an interesting read considering this thread. While I did not understand “everything” in the article, what stood out to me was the following quote from it:

“The black holes that LIGO observed created a storm “in which the flow of time speeded, then slowed, then speeded,” he said. “A storm with space bending this way, then that.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/12/scien ... .html?_r=1

Thought you might too. But the article is a bit long though. . . .

--Armand

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:33 pm 

I read it too, or at least one similar to it on the BBC site, Armand. I don't understand it all either, except to understand that the science is discovering physical evidence that time can change. It actually seemed, reading the article, that time can be stretched as space is stretched, corroborating the info presented in this thread.

Here is the BBC one. I haven't gotten through them all yet:

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-35524440

Peace to you,
your servant, sister and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:48 pm 

Quote:
time can be stretched...

Yes, stretched... and compressed, dear tec (peace to you, luv)!!!

THAT's what Einstein's theory of relativity (E=MC2) is all about... and what I've been trying to articulate for some time (but surely not doing that well of a job of it, sorry).

Why, though, is this important? Because, as Dr. Schroeder's article points out, it PROVES (scientifically) how something that APPEARS to have occurred in a VERY long period of time... may have ACTUALLY occurred in a rather SHORT period of time. Eye-ee, a day might have actually covered 1,000's if not 1,000,000's of years, if time was compressed (sped up). Or vice versa.

Exciting stuff, at least to me.

Peace to you, all!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:40 am 

Armand wrote:
Greetings, Everyone. May you have Peace.

I found this article an interesting read considering this thread. While I did not understand “everything” in the article, what stood out to me was the following quote from it:

“The black holes that LIGO observed created a storm “in which the flow of time speeded, then slowed, then speeded,” he said. “A storm with space bending this way, then that.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/12/scien ... .html?_r=1

Thought you might too. But the article is a bit long though. . . .

--Armand

Good morning and may the peace of our Lords be upon you all this day,

So, on this thread there are only parts that I seem to comprehend. Most seems to be going way over my head but.....

Last night I opened right up to this and thought it was interesting since we have been using terms,
" Bending, Stretching" etc. Not sure if there is any connection to that of time that we have been discussing but wanted to share the verse.

Psalms 18:9

" Jah proceeded to bend the heavens down and descend. And thick gloom was beneath his feet."

Love, your sister and fellow servant of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:40 pm 

YES!!, dear 'Mom (peace to you, luv!). Also, are there not records OT time "standing still," even going backward, in the Prophets? One of them recorded the latter with regard to King Hezekiah.

And what about JAH "speeding" things up, "in HIS own time"?

I recently read something and though of us, our dear Lord, our dear Father, science, religion, etc., and thought you dear ones might get a kick out of it:

"If everyone can do it, it's science. If only a few can, then it's witchcraft, or superstition, or whatever you like to call it. But it's real."

Sort of puts a whole lot of things in perspective for me. And explains the need for FAITH. Because, while MANY are CALLED... FEW... are CHOSEN.

Not meaning some are "better" than others, but that only a few will have the faith to HEAR that... the One... which most refuse to. Because they prefer to be "like everyone [else]"... rather than, ultimately, like God.

Which requires being like Christ. Not pious, but having faith in and being obedient to the voice of... the Father. And that One said:

"This is my Son, the Beloved. LISTEN TO HIM."

What, though, if what that Son says... flies in the face of [known] science? Of what "everyone" [else] says/believes is true [at the time]? What, then? Does one remain silent... perhaps so as not to offend... not not appear foolish... or out of desire to be a "part" of "everyone [else]"?

OR does one OBEY the "command" -

"What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; and what is whispered in your ear, shout from the rooftops." - Matthew 10:27

My point is, what if that Voice tells you things about radiation, and relativity, and time having different speeds which can be manipulated, etc.? Do you refrain, concerned that "science" doesn't necessarily agree or fearful that others might view you daft, if not arrogant and engaging in hubris? Or do you obey... speak what the Voice tells you?

Faith... or the lack of it... in the Voice and the One to Whom it belongs... will provide each one's answer to such questions.

There is NO division between faith and "science"... except to say that science is ALWAYS behind. Always. Because it NEVER has the tools, instruments, calculations... MEANS... to run parallel with, let alone AHEAD... of faith.

Peace to you all!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel