xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:54 am 

Quote:
Psalms 18:9

" Jah proceeded to bend the heavens down and descend. And thick gloom was beneath his feet."

Awesome Kim. And then there are the verses that speak to God stretching out the heavens. (which i think the writers may have meant in reference to the 'sky' or at least the place where the stars are located, which would be outer space)

Quote:
"If everyone can do it, it's science. If only a few can, then it's witchcraft, or superstition, or whatever you like to call it. But it's real."

I like it.

Quote:
Because they prefer to be "like everyone [else]"... rather than, ultimately, like God.

Yes, I guess it feels safer. Even though it is not safer. Because as we have been told, 'if the blind lead the blind, both fall into the pit.'

AND... we also have the example of Israel, who kept wanting to be like the other nations, and kept turning away from God as a result.

Peace to you both,
your sister and servant in Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:28 pm 

Yes, dear tams (peace, luv!).

So funny... I always had a problem with the whole "herd" example the WTBTS always gave. The redundantly pushed and so (very) tired one about weak/sickly/young antelope/deer/wildebeasts being the primary prey for lions... and so, because the Adversary is "like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone," we needed to belong to/stay close to the larger group (herd)... that in fact, in the front or center of the herd was the BEST place because lions hunted (and more often caught) those on the fringes/outside/back end of or separated/far from the group.

Whenever some guy would go into that one from the podium, I would thinkt:

1. Well, it might SEEM like it's safe to be in the front or center of the group... but what about when the group stampedes? Could any of the beasts in the front or center get out... and avoid going over the dang cliff with the entire group? (Okay, some will veer off, but a whole lot won't!) A pride of hungry lions might kill one or two... or even three... but a stampede... well, that can kills hundreds and all in one fell (no pun intended) swoop!

And...

2. (In light of the above)... I think I'll be more of the "LemME-go-hide-over-here-in-this-clump-of- bushes/behind this tree/rock/in this cave-and-watch-while-the-herd-stampedes-past-because-of-running-from-a-couple'a-hungry-lions-rather-than-get-run-over/off-the-cliff-and-killed-by-the-fearful-and-so-fleeing-'herd'" kind of wildebeast-girl.

And...

2. Are ALL lions bad?? I mean, while Satan might be "LIKE a roaring lion"... isn't Christ THE Lion (of Judah)?? (Revelation 5:5) So, not sure we should avoid lions altogether, IMHO.

Ennywho...

Just because something FEELS safe... doesn't mean it IS safe. If nothing else, religion should teach us THAT one.

Peace to you all!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel