xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:23 am 

Again Religious fanatics in the news again. This is Horrible.

Parents and family members beat boys at their church to make them confess their sins in New York State. One of the boys died, he other is in critical condition.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/teen-dies-brother-wounded-after-hours-long-beating-at-church-1.2609885

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:22 am 

That is so sad, and also frustrating that people will do this. Obviously (I would think) they did not intend to kill their son, but they didn't see anything wrong with beating and harming them.

More blood shed because of Babylon the Great, and her daughters.

May you have peace,
your sister and servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:35 am 

Mornin', dear Zoe, and peace to you!

Yeah, saw that on the news last night and discussed with hubby. What a tragedy. And this is just one reason why calling the Bible "the word of God," is SO wrong (and dangerous!): people reading only parts, not understanding the "whole"... not knowing or understanding JAH (OR Christ!)... and doing something like this "in the name of God." What "god", though?

Under the OLD Law (notice, OLD Law), it was upon parents to stone rebellious children. Okay, wait, before you gasp... parents weren't SUPPOSED to actually stone their children. The particular law wasn't issued to force parents to kill their own children for "being bad." The PREMISE was that man... Israel... would have enough LOVE in him (for Israel, from being the issue of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; for others, because, well, they SAY they do, yes?), that:

1. Parents would do all they could to raise their children with and in LOVE so that they never even had to CONSIDER "fulfilling" this Law (because children who KNOW they are loved don't "rebel" and do stupid shit - it's those who don't know for a fact/aren't sure who "act out" or seek "love" elsewhere, whether through sex, drugs/alcohol, the wrong "friends", criminal activity, etc.);

2. CHILDREN (who, in turn, loved their parents) would never want to even disappoint their parents, let alone have them have to fulfill this Law and so would behave themselves;

3. In the event a child did NOT behave (and we're not talking small kid stuff, but "grown" kid stuff - crime, etc.), the parents... AND THE REST OF ISRAEL... would SURPASS the Law... with LOVE. In which case, they would extend MERCY and then work with the kid toward rehabilitation and salvation. Indeed, it was their DUTY to do so, having brought the child into the world (which they didn't HAVE to do - they could have remained childless).

UNFORTUNATELY, because most of Israel... and most of the so-called "christians" today, particularly this group of yahoos, as evidenced by this tragedy... didn't know CHRIST (as in "yada" - from literally having a/being in union with). Had they known him... and so been known BY him... they would ALSO have KNOWN that such a Law could NOT be fulfilled... without TRANSGRESSING the ENTIRE Law itself ("Thou shall not commit murder").

So why even have this Law? Simple: to show... bring out... manifest... what is TRULY IN FOLKS' HEARTS. People can SAY... all day LONG... that they "love" God. Love "Jehovah." And "love" Christ. Love "Jesus." Or whatever names/titles they use. But it is not our words that prove that love; it is our ACTIONS. And beating... killing... one's child... is NOT love. CAN'T be. Else God would beat/kill every last one of US.

But God is love... and He is merciful. How do we know? How CAN we know? We can SEE that through the manifestation of His SON, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah). Not just what that One said WE are to do, but what THAT One himself DID. HIS actions. Imagine, then, him stoning, beating, one of his disciples. Or his own child. Can't imagine that, can you, at least not pursuant to the record we have? He said, though, if you see HIM... you see God. He did not mean that in looking at him one literally saw [the face of] God. He meant that in seeing HIM... HIS ways and actions... one would see the ways and actions of his Father, the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies. Because (1) He is the IMAGE God and the representation of God's very being, and (2) EVERYTHING he did was (a) what he learned from his Father, (b) was told by his Father to DO, and (c) what he saw his FATHER doing: showing love and mercy... even upon His enemies.

These poor, poor yahoos... and I call them "poor" because I have NO doubt they were misled by some greater yahoo who claims to "know" the "way of God." If such one did, however, s/he would know that "Way" was one, Christ, and that HE... NEVER... would have sanctioned, let alone done such a thing. That in NO way could ANY of this be pleasing to HIM, Christ, and therefore, to God.

I don't wish them to "burn in hell," as the saying goes and as I know most will say. I HOPE instead that, because of this, they come to REALIZE just how misled, wrong, and bloodguilty they are... and so just how MUCH they (now, even more!) NEED a savior... and perhaps, like the man on the pole next to our my dear Lord... turn to him so as to receive it. I hope this because of the glory it will bring to HIM... and to the Father... when he GRANTS it. Because he would, to them as well as a saving resurrection of their poor sons... if they only ask.

A real tragedy. Sadly, not a very surprising one, given what those religions who claim to "know" Christ actually teach (from the Bible).

May JAH have mercy on all of them.

Peace to you!

YSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:48 am 

Good morning you all, peace to you and your households.....

Wow! So tragic but not surprising. And Yes as dear Shelby shared ( peace to you) why even have this law?....

So why even have this Law? Simple: to show... bring out... manifest... what is TRULY IN FOLKS' HEARTS. People can SAY... all day LONG... that they "love" God. Love "Jehovah." And "love" Christ. Love "Jesus." Or whatever names/titles they use. But it is not our words that prove that love; it is our ACTIONS. And beating... killing... one's child... is NOT love. CAN'T be. Else God would beat/kill every last one of US.

This story is truly an example of the lack of "natural affection" a parent would have as foretold.
Under the law if it was the primary parents responsibility to lead in a stoning of their own child and they are even WILLING to do it, imagine what they are capable of to the entire planet?

No limit to the lack of mercy!

Which is far different from those that truly know Christ would do. Mercy will triumph over sacrifice!

And as brought out these parents actions are proof they do not know Him or Our Father Jah.

Thank Zoe for sharing,
Love, your sister and fellow servant of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:16 am 

Follow up on the story. I feel so sad for those boys, they were trying to leave home and the religion so that is why they were beaten. The parents look like backwoods hillybillies.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/victim-of-fatal-church-beating-had-wanted-to-leave-the-fold-police-1.2612530

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:46 am 

I wish parents would learn that those they give birth to do not belong to them, so that they think they have a right to treat them as they wouldn't any other person. We have a duty as caretaker, but all the souls belong to God.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:46 am 

Good morning and peace to you all!

You know I've often shared that I don't think... or hear... like most. That is the case here. While this situation is among the utmost tragedy, I hear and see a benefit, albeit morbid and shocking, and that is that JUST as with the pedophilia issue, MAYBE this will bring to light similar... ummmm... compulsive behavior in other MAINSTREAM religions.

For example, the WTBTS. How many parents THERE, are abusive? Slapping, hitting, even beating their children? How many would LOVE to do worse (and do so IN THEIR HEARTS!)... especially when their's is DF'd for some infraction and WORSE, when they no longer want anything to do with the WTBTS, just want to leave as these boys were trying to do?

I mean, how many parents TELL a child "You're DEAD to me/us!" in these instances? How many children dread being "killed", technically if not literally, by their OWN parents and so STAY in a not only dangerous cult, but one they KNOW stands in opposition to God??

Some might say, "Well, Jehovahs Witnesses wouldn't actually KILL one of their children!" I say... BS! The ONLY reason they DON'T is because they know they'd go to jail, if not the gas chamber! BUT... if the law of the LAND ALLOWED it... AND/OR as with Israel under the Old Law, CALLED for it, you can bet your firstborn THEY would DO it! "In the name of 'Jesus'"! Because they still WALK by the Old Law!

Sure, they pick and choose which laws they obey - ain't gonna give up shrimp salad and ham sammiches - but you can BET they'd observe THIS one. How do we know? BECAUSE THEY ALREADY DO... TECHICALLY! Rather than SURPASS the Old Law with LOVE, as REQUIRED by the NEW Law, they CONTINUE to have "a veil laying over their hearts... so that the glorious GOOD news"... the news about CHRIST and HIS love, MANIFESTED in the mercy and forgiveness HE showed and STILL shows... "might not shine through"! 2 Corinthians 3:13-17

And so, they are blind to him and HIS law (of love), which includes EVEN one's ENEMIES, which enemies COULD be a member of one's OWN household! Matthew 5:43-48

My point... or rather, the point I received this morning from my Lord, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJAH)... is that if these yahoos... and I include Jehovahs Witnesses in that term, no matter WHERE they luve, but certainly the ones who are more cut off from society and the real world (as such relates to the "realities") of THIS world... don't KNOW any better, don't have the NATURAL AFFECTION to not harm THEIR OWN CHILDREN... to control their anger, disdain... IGNORANCE... then maybe, just MAYBE... the STATE will MAKE them.

It's too bad, of course, indeed very sad... that the state even HAS to... that "Israel" (well, those who falsely call themselves such)... even NEEDS the state to control them - I mean, they HAVE a King, do they not, Who has TOLD us how to conduct ourselves - but since they don't, won't, listen TO that King... then the state is their "king" and so has every right over them. The state, however, isn't as kind... or merciful... as the King JAH gave them.

They make their choice who they serve: the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies, through His Son, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, His Chosen One (MischaJAH) or "some other god."

Even so, may JAH have mercy on them ALL... for they truly don't know what they do. May He grant them, then, if they truly wish them, ears to HEAR, so as to LISTEN to the voice and guidance and direction of the One He sent to save us ALL when that One and his Bride says to each of THEM:

"COME!! TAKE Life's (my) water... FREE!

That "water" being the holy SPIRIT of God. His LIFE: breath, blood, and seed. And poured out ONLY from the innermost parts of His Son... the very One He sent to SHOW mankind the TRUE fulfillment of the Law. And in looking at HIM we can KNOW that the Law isn't fulfilled in TAKING a life for a transgression... but in GIVING one's OWN. And so every one of these misled, overzealous parents should be pleading for MERCY for their children and offering up their OWN lives to appease their gods. Because there is NO GREATER love than that. Yet, they claim to love their children.

BS. Love... does not look out for its OWN interests. It believes all things, BEAR all things, HOPES all things... and NEVER... fails.

Peace to you all... and may YOU continue to listen to and be guided by the RIGHT God, the TRUE God, through HIS King and FINE Shepherd.

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:39 am 

Amen to all of that!

And to this:

Quote:
My point... or rather, the point I received this morning from my Lord, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJAH)... is that if these yahoos... and I include Jehovahs Witnesses in that term, no matter WHERE they luve, but certainly the ones who are more cut off from society and the real world (as such relates to the "realities") of THIS world... don't KNOW any better, don't have the NATURAL AFFECTION to not harm THEIR OWN CHILDREN... to control their anger, disdain... IGNORANCE... then maybe, just MAYBE... the STATE will MAKE them.

Yes. Yes!

Because as I was reading that was the only thing I could think about... was how easy they are making it for the state/secular authorities TO step in, even if just starting with these isolated and insular 'cults', because of what is coming out of them and being revealed. To PROTECT innocents. They will HAVE to do so.

And who could blame them?

As you said, just as the issue with pedophilia in the RCC came to light, and is coming to light in the WTS, these sorts of abuses are also coming to light and exposing these insular groups as well. (and of course it is in more than just the insular ones).

Peace and love to all of you, and certainly to the surviving younger brother, and yes, may God have mercy on these ones who truly do not know what they do,
your servant and sister, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy