xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:32 am 

Absolutely fascinating! (Cut and paste to your browser.)

http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/video ... pain/12151

--Armand

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:55 pm 

So funny (peace to you, dear Armand - and thanks for sharing this): we always think meat eaters are "worse" than vegetarians because we've been taught that vegetation feels no pain. I remember way back when someone proved that plants/trees cry/scream when they're cut (wrongly). I know you can even kill a plant... tree... if you cut the roots wrong.

ALL MORTAL life can feel pain. Human, animal, AND plants (save some who suffer from masochism). But we can KNOW this by our dear Lord having TOLD us, through the information given John:

"There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” Revelation 21:4

Plants have life. They have BLOOD. Their SAP. And so... they have SPIRIT. And they breathe... just like we do. True, they don't breath just oxygen, etc., as we do, but moreso the by-product of the oxygen we breathe: carbon dioxide. But it is breath, just the same. Just as fish and other creatures of the sea breathe water. They breathe. And so, they are LIVING. And so... they feel pain.

Of course they do.

Thanks again for sharing that, dear brother.

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:03 pm 

That was fascinating Armand, thank you!

Many wows of late and this is just one more. I did understand that plants were living things, but never really thought about them having pain, and reacting/withdrawing from that pain.

Peace to you,
your servant and sister, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:12 pm 

Yes this truly is fascinating isn't it?

A while back when I came to learn of this, it was truly another wake up call to add to MY accountability and debt that I owe my Lord as to what he is willing to cover and forgive.

Thank you for sharing this my brother,
Peace to you and your household always, your sister and fellow servant of Christ,Kim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:20 pm 

"Let every living... BREATHING... thing... let it PRAISE JAH."

So, it is NOT just humans... OR animals. OR insects. OR bacteria. It is all that BREATHES... and that includes plants.

Peace... to you ALL and to your households... in the way our dear Lord gives it...

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:52 am 

What... wait.... The vegetables I eat feel pain??

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:23 am 

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:38 pm 

Greetings: May you have peace!

In order for us to live, we have to eat. Whatever we eat (animals or plants), it has to die. Yet, in the Garden of Eden, Adam was permitted to eat of every tree, including the tree of life. But those plants themselves didn’t die. Their fruit died when Adam ate of it. When we eat fruit of a tree or plant, the tree or plant remains alive to produce more fruit. When we eat of the tree of life that is Christ, he had to die also. But he didn’t remain dead, and we still eat of him while he yet lives, having died once for all time (for mankind).

The above paragraph contains just some of my thoughts pondering this issue. Why does something have to die in order for us to live? Nothing in the garden had to die, per se, when Adam ate of the various trees and vegetation, or did it (the fruit)? But there was no death in the Garden. Hmm. (My weak mind is having some trouble grasping.)

I’ve asked the Master about this but have not heard clearly on this subject. The response has been cloudy with interference so that I cannot hear it. I think he’s telling me to be patient, that it (the answer) will come.

Sometimes when I want a juicy hamburger I think, but an animal has to die. I don’t want an animal to die just so that I can have a juicy hamburger. Yet I want a hamburger. Animals don’t WANT to die. I’m not a vegan. But I understand the reasoning of vegans. Yet, Jah permits the death of the animal so that I might have a juicy hamburger. Makes me sad sometimes. For the animal, I mean. I remember Paul speaks of vegans as “weak” and “meat-eaters” as more mature. But that’s Paul.

What is it in this great cosmic universe (spiritual realm and physical realm) that requires death in order for others to keep living? In THIS world something has to die in the great FOOD CHAIN for the higher up creature to continue living. Hmm. . . .

I’m just pondering (and asking the Master). I don’t understand—just yet. Maybe I won’t for a while. Just pondering. . . .

Blessings to you all. Come! Take Life's Water--FREE!

--Armand

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:42 pm 

Greetings and peace to you,

When reading this response as to the fruit having to die upon being eaten, I heard our Lord say, "Does the fruit realllly die?"....

I thought NO because as you also have mentioned my brother ( peace to you) there was NO death in the garden at that time so it can't be so.
What I came to understand from our Lord and as you mentioned when one eats of a fruit, the tree that bears its fruit remains living to produce more. But the fruit (the seed that births it) as well does not die.

Although the cells in the outer fruit die upon consumption, the seeds it contains would not necessarily die. When put back into the earth, either through being scattered or through defecation, the seed can be sown, fertilized, watered and then produce once again of its kind.

Our Lord has reminded me of seeds that are scattered and sown in Matthew 13:3-17 & 1 Corinthians 15:35-41

A seed has life in it and is very precious to Jah. Romans 9:27-29

Love and peace, your sister and fellow servant of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:21 pm 

SEED:

from which a plant germinates
the seed i.e. the grain or kernel which contains within itself the germ of the future plants
of the grains or kernels sown
metaph. a seed i.e. a residue, or a few survivors reserved as the germ of the next generation (just as seed is kept from the harvest for the sowing)
the semen virile
the product of this semen, seed, children, offspring, progeny
family, tribe, posterity
whatever possesses vital force or life giving power
of divine energy of the Holy Spirit operating within the soul by which we are regenerated

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:31 pm 

Thank you, dear Armand and 'Mom (peace to you, both!). The seed dies, per se, in order to bring forth life. In that sense, it does not die. In the "germination" process, part of the seed "dies"... or gives itself over... so as to bring forth life from the other part. In this way, the plant/seed NEVER truly dies - it has life within. Even if it's burned, the root will survive (you recall vasts meadows burning from wild fire, only to be lush green grass in a few months).

Even if the tree itself dies, it is has part of "itself" in the seeds that fell or blew away and grew again.

Hence, among his many other names/titles/definitions, our dear Lord, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJAH)... is called "the Seed."

Just adding a thought or two.

Again, peace to you, both!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel