xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:24 pm 

May you all have peace!

At the outset, to dispell any confusion, please note that while I could have posted this in the Faith/Religion/Bible room, I think the topic relates more to world events, so I've posted it here.

Yesterday, I received a great surprise in the mail: a copy of John Cahn's (a Messianic Jewish rabbi), The Harbinger (http://wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Harbinger_%28novel%29). It was surprise for a few reasons: one, I don't read those kinds of books (who would, if they can hear the Fine Shepherd's voice? I mean, why not "get it straight from the horse's mouth," to coin phrase? My position... and it is only MY feeling - each can and should feel as they choose... is that looking to any other source than him for "information" related to God, the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies, is not only a show of a lack of faith IN Christ, but a slap in his face. I mean, in light of what he is recorded to have said at John 14:6).

Second, I tend to be REAL skeptical if it's by someone who still believes Christ is God Almighty, believe his name is "Jesus," AND, very importantly, still believes the Bible is the "Word of God," and believes IT holds even more truth than Christ himself. You know, such that they refer to IT while overlooking HIM. John 5:39, 40; John 1:1; Revelation 19:13. I mean, what's the point? Surely, someone who has not withheld from me anything that I NEED to know thus far, and has ALWAYS spoken TRUTH to me, will... sooner or later... tell me of it, whatever it is, if it's FOR me to know.

Then there's the fact that the information is FOR SALE. That is a HUGE indicator to ME that either the information did NOT come from Christ... or is not for me/others of HIS Body. Because HE said "You RECEIVED free; GIVE free." How, then, can someone who received a true prophecy from HIM... at NO cost to himself/herself... turn around and SELL it to others? Why in the WORLD would someone have to PAY to get such understanding, ESPECIALLY if it's for their good... or the good of the world??? Should the one to whom it is given... turn around and GIVE it, as well?

Christ, of ALL people, had gifts and knowledge he ABSOLUTELY could have sold and become FILTHY rich as a result. Yet, he didn't. Nor did the Apostles. We can recall Peter's words when the man Simon asked to BUY holy spirit:

"When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God, they sent Peter and John to Samaria. When they arrived, they prayed for the new believers there that they might receive holy spirit, because holy spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord [Jesus]. Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received holy spirit.

When Simon saw that the spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money and said, “Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive holy spirit.”

Peter answered: “May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money! You have no part or share in this ministry, because your heart is not right before God.
"

Holy spirit is a GIFT. Hence, it is FREE. One CANNOT buy it, at least not with mammon (money). It is "purchased" with one thing: FAITH. And only one person "sells" it:

"You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see." Revelation 3:17, 18

And just like it (holy spirit) is received free... as TRUTH is received free... it CANNOT be sold. Or purchased. So, when I see someone SELLING a book that purports to have some kind of esoteric understanding that the people of the world need, I am quite skeptical. And if it's supposedly for "CHRISTIANS", by which I mean those who are TRULY of the Body of Christ... I am not just skeptical but turned away.

The greatest surprise, however, was who it was from: someone I haven't spoken to in more than 10 years... no, that's not accurate... someone who hasn't spoken to ME in close to 15 years... because I would go "with" her when she made a turn from listening to and following Christ, toward listening to and following a particular charismatic preacher she became acquainted with. I did not knock her doing so; it is up to each one to decide for himself/herself whom they will follow. But in my not going WITH, but instead telling her she didn't HAVE to follow any man (or woman) now, since she had come to know Christ... well, I guess she took that disagreement as some kind of indictment. I reached out to her a few times after but my doing so seemed to only make her angrier and so I ceased. As I say, that was close to 15 years ago. So, I was totally dumbfounded when I read the accompanying card that came with the book. So was dear Hubby (she hasn't spoken to him, either, although she used to send her regards to him through other dear ones).

Ennywho... I read the book... because in her note my gifter asked me to. She said "the Holy Spirit wanted me to send you this book," and "Read it to the end." At first, I was like fagedabowtit. Not doing it. This kind of stuff just does NOT interest me. But I just wasn't sure. Should I throw it out? So, I did a quick silent ask... and heard from out dear Lord that I SHOULD read it, because there WAS something in it for me. Not the message, though; what was in it for ME was something to share with HER. But I needed to know what that WAS in order to properly share it. So, I read it. Well, speed-read it (although I did cover a good 80% - it's 217 pages but large print so a really quick read).

The book purports to warn America as to the similarities in the events of 9/11 and what was prophesied by Isaiah (specifically Isaiah 9:8-21) as to the northern kingdom of Israel (the 12 tribes that rejected Solomon's son, Rehoboam, as king and followed Jeroboam instead - the other two tribes, Judah and Benjamin, or "Judah", remained loyal to David's house. I digress.). I won't go into the details of the book (the Wiki link gives a pretty good summary, so you can check that out... or read the book, whatever you feel compelled to do). What I WILL do is share with you dear ones my response to the person who sent it to me, because I think you will appreciate that information and its truth. To wit:

Quote:
Dear... Peace to you... and your entire household!

I have received your kind gift and at the outset, I want to thank you, sincerely, for thinking of me. I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness and so, to show it, I did read the book. And to the end, as you asked. All the while, of course, I kept looking for and asking my dear Lord, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:17) as to what might be in it for me, as you indicated might be.

Let me say, at the outset, that I did hear from him that what Mr. Cahn is sharing is true – there is such prophecy as to America. Not just America, though, but as to ANY nation that purports to place THEMSELVES in a Covenant relationship with Him... and then default on that agreement. So, thank you, for considering me as someone to share that with. I heard more from him, though, which I am to share with you. And that is:

While the prophecy may be for America (in this generation), however, it is NOT for those of his Body – not for the TRUE Israel. By “true" Israel, I do not mean the country of Israel, but the people who constitute the Body and Bride of Christ. The Israel that is the seed of Abraham, through Isaac and Jacob… which seed has been scattered to the “four corners,” including America… as well as people of EVERY nation, tribe, tongue, and people… SOME of whom are “American,” many of whom are not. Revelation 5:9, 10; 7:9 The prophecy Mr. Cahn is sharing, then would be with regard to the “America”... the nation and people... that have constituted themselves part of the OLD Covenant. Those who look to the Law mediated by Moses with the blood of bulls. It is NOT for those who are part of the NEW Covenant, the Law he himself mediated with his own blood.

For those under the OLD Law, prophesies can apply to entire nations. That is because the people put their faith IN their nations, particularly in the people, including human leaders, of such nations. That’s HOW they eventually turn away from JAH (pronounced, “Yah”, which is the true name of God, as Mr. Cahn acknowledges, and not “Jehovah”) – rather than keeping their eyes on the “copper serpent” that GOD raised up, His Son, JAHESHUA (or, as Mr. Cahn says, “Yeshua,” although that’s not quite accurate – if spelled that way, it should be “YaHeShua.” Well, actually, “JaHeShua.” As he said, it means “JaH Saves.” “JaH is Salvation,” or “Salvation of JaH,” with the Hebrew yodh – which is the English “J” pronounced like a “Y”. It’s pronounced like an “H” in Latin/Spanish). Numbers 21:4-9; John 3:14

Anyway, these think the will of the people, or the worldly intellect of their leaders, will guide them, even save them. We have seen the result of such thinking, however, in other great world powers: Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome, Britain, and now the USA. But what does that mean for those of us in the NEW Covenant? Absolutely nothing. You see, it is only under the OLD Covenant that God dealt with people as nations. And then, through His servants, Moses and the Prophets. Under the NEW Covenant, He deals with people as INDIVIDUALS… through His SON. Hebrews 1:1, 2

And so, while He very well may remove a hedge from around a NATION for breaking their (Old) Covenant with Him (because the hedge is HIS part OF such covenant), it doesn't work that way with those in the NEW Covenant. Those in the NEW Covenant (1) don’t need prophets in order to know what God has in store – they have Christ; and (2) as with the woman Rahab, although calamity might befall an entire city or nation, those God has PROMISED to protect, He WILL protect. Those cities might well crumble right down around them but they won't necessarily be harmed as a result. Joshua 6:17, 23-25

In that light, what does Mr. Cahn’s prophecy mean for me? Nothing, really. His prophecy is toward a nation that is part of the world. As part of CHRIST, however, I am no part of the world and so prophesies that concern it, to the extent they are warnings and/or proclamations of judgment, are none of my business... or concern. We I to MAKE it my business or BE concerned, I would be constituting myself part of the world that such prophesy is FOR. For those who are still looking to and reading Moses, however, and so deem themselves under the OLD Covenant (2 Corinthians 3:12-15) it may have significant meaning. What that meaning IS, and what one should DO, I have no idea. Note, those who live by the Old Law… are bound by ALL of it (Galatians 3:10; 5:3). So, no tattoos. Or ear piercings. Or ham sandwiches. Or shrimp cocktails.

But for those of us under the NEW Covenant, it is of no real significance. Because we have been set FREE (John 8:32, 36). Including free… from fear. True, we may get caught up in whatever tribulation results, but we know that JAH will not put upon us more than we can bear but always provide a way out. Even if the way out is death (Acts 7:59. 60). The only Law WE, Christ’s Body, are BOUND by, though, and TO… is love. For love is the fulfillment of BOTH laws, the Old AND the New. And since love “covers a multitude of transgressions,” I don’t have to worry about what I eat or do to my body, etc. And when I err, I don’t have to offer up a goat or a bird, or be unclean for a number of days. Because the blood of CHRIST covers over my transgressions and renders me clean before God.

In turn, that is part of the FREEDOM I receive from Christ. That, along with a freedom… from FEAR. Including fear that comes with judgment prophesies against entire NATIONS… such as the one being heralded by Mr. Cahn. Romans 8:1

Again, thank you, though, for thinking of me. I truly do appreciate it and do not take it lightly. I recognize your show of love here… and receive it. Even if I cannot receive that the “warning” in Mr. Cahn’s message is for me, personally. For those of “America,” however, who put their faith in the Old Law, may they have ears to hear… and wake UP. Wake up so as to TURN BACK… to the only One who CAN guide them to safety: the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Son of God, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah).

Again, thank you… and peace to you… and to your dear, dear family and household!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shel

So, now, if you've read Mr. Cahn's book... or heard of it... and are wondering were Christ's Body fits in, perhaps what I have shared with this other dear one will be of some help to you. As with all that I share, no one needs to my word for it. The Door (that is Christ) is standing open and his voice to the sons of mankind. One need only ask him... and then listen to his response. He will respond. Just know that it may not be to your physical ears. But he WILL respond. He speaks.

Peace to you ALL!

Servant to the Household of God, Israel, and all those who go with, and a slave of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:25 pm 

Thank you Thank you my sister for sharing this wonderful truthful message of LOVE!

Yes, how can anyone who truly claims to belong to Christ " charge $$" for receiving anything from Holy Spirit?

It is truly a gift from Him and we receive it " FREE".

Using this should be one of the biggest red flags to testing what they hear from Christ.

I pray that the one receiving this response will truly hear the message and the invitation from the Spirit who is Christ and His bride to....COME....and take Lifeswater FREE! FREE!

Love and Peace to you and your entire household,
Your sister and fellow servant of our Lord Jaheshua MischaJah, Kim

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:31 pm 

I should have said my Lord said this is true of any nation that purports to place itself in a covenant with JAH (peace to you all and to your dear households!). Hence, the capitalization of "Him." I'm sure you dear ones knew what I meant but just to clarify in case of confusion.

Peace to you, all!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:12 pm 

I have not read the Harbinger, but I feel as you do:

Quote:
I don't read those kinds of books (who would, if they can hear the Fine Shepherd's voice? I mean, why not "get it straight from the horse's mouth," to coin phrase? My position... and it is only MY feeling - each can and should feel as they choose... is that looking to any other source than him for "information" related to God, the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies, is not only a show of a lack of faith IN Christ, but a slap in his face. I mean, in light of what he is recorded to have said at John 14:6).

Second, I tend to be REAL skeptical if it's by someone who still believes Christ is God Almighty, believe his name is "Jesus," AND, very importantly, still believes the Bible is the "Word of God," and believes IT holds even more truth than Christ himself. You know, such that they refer to IT while overlooking HIM. John 5:39, 40; John 1:1; Revelation 19:13. I mean, what's the point? Surely, someone who has not withheld from me anything that I NEED to know thus far, and has ALWAYS spoken TRUTH to me, will... sooner or later... tell me of it, whatever it is, if it's FOR me to know.

Then there's the fact that the information is FOR SALE. That is a HUGE indicator to ME that either the information did NOT come from Christ... or is not for me/others of HIS Body. Because HE said "You RECEIVED free; GIVE free." How, then, can someone who received a true prophecy from HIM... at NO cost to himself/herself... turn around and SELL it to others? Why in the WORLD would someone have to PAY to get such understanding, ESPECIALLY if it's for their good... or the good of the world??? Should the one to whom it is given... turn around and GIVE it, as well?

If I have been asked to read something, then I might, depending upon who is asking and why (if my Lord, then yes of course). Often times this allows us the opportunity to bear witness to the Truth, as you did above with your friend.

Peace to you!
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy