All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Robin Williams has died
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:33 pm 

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/11/showbiz/robin-williams-dead/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
:(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:47 pm 

Well that Sucks!..

It was suicide..
Depression is a terrible mental disorder..
If you have it..
Go see a doctor fast..Real Fast!.....It can be treated..

.................................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:03 pm 

63 is too young to die
I had no idea he was depressed. A man
who made everyone laugh. Its a mystery
why so many wealthy celebrities seem to have
unhappy lives. You would think all the things
that most people aspire to, money, travel, fame,
did I mention money, big houses, adoring fans, children
and family, and yet, they are miserable is some way.
This is tragic. I think it does emphasize the value of
a spiritual side of life. Take heed atheists. Its more
than a material world,( and Jesus did not just speak
aloud to me,) just my humble observation.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:58 pm 

Oh, my... that's too bad (peace to you, all!).

Mr. Williams made his wealth making people laugh. Sometimes... that's what depressed people do: make OTHER laugh. To hide THEIR "pain." Sometimes they get a laugh, too, but for many, not often. And for some, not often ENOUGH. Mr. Williams seemed to display, from the time he came to us as "Mork," some classic symptoms of bipolar disorder (swinging from joy to sadness... like Jim Carey, who I fear suffers from a similar condition).

Even so, seems like someone assumes only the godLESS get depressed? Yet, Moses got depressed. So did David. Hannah. Sarah... and apparently even some after being disciplined by JAH. Job certainly did... and even WANTED to... wait for it... DIE. Thankfully, he didn't give in and so what was occurring with him was revealed to him (and he had to apologize for his lack of FAITH, but not for a lack of INTEGRITY). And he CERTAINLY was a man of God, God Himself calling him "My servant."

I wonder: what ever happened to that whole "christian"... "Rejoice with those who rejoice... and MOURN with those who mourn"? Oh, wait... that's right: the WTBTS shut THAT whole teaching (of Christ) DOWN. Anyone who doesn't die in THEIR way... with THEIR permission, evidentally... doesn't even deserve a MENTION, let alone a mourn. And MOURN? Sure, so long as you keep it quiet. Sniffle if you must, but none of that ol' weepin' and a wailin'. You know, like Israel USED to do.

Sheesh. Looks like someone's "baggage" is showing... again...

Peace to you all... and to Mr. Williams' family, as surely THEY need such a wish, right now...

A slave of CHRIST,

Shellamar, sorta kinda mourning... as I sorta kinda do when familiar folks die

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:20 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:38 pm 

I am in shock he was a very funny man and a great entertainer. I think the world will miss him. Why would someone kill themselves when they have so much going for them?

Last edited by Zoe on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:50 pm 

Yeah, well, maybe so, dear Zoe (peace, luv!)... but apparently he was godless. And we ALL know the "godless" DESERVE to die.

Peace... and so much for mercy and GOD not wanting ANY to die...

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shellamar, who wonders what also happened to that whole "Love your enemies and pray FOR them" thing...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:34 pm 

Oh, no! We lost the best actor in the world. RIP.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:26 pm 

Yes, this is sad! :((

As it is with anybody. But Robin Williams made so many of us laugh for so many years. He will be greatly missed! And yes, I agree that sometimes the ones that are suffering inside the most ( from whatever it is that they cannot conqueror) hide it by making others laugh. It's like they want to feel that same emotion as they project but just can't quite get there themselves. Truly sad!

Peace and Love to you all, Kim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:21 pm 

Yikes... right across the Bay. I FORGOT he lived here! Gonna be somber around here for a bit.

Funny thing: In light of some comments here to atheists... Mr. Williams was a practicing Episcopalian. And bipolar.

No comment as to the first. Sad, as to the second.

Peace.

A slave of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:57 am 

I'm not Godless and I have battled depression since the age of five. Its an evil and deadly illness and those suffering may not always speak of it. You tend to find those that are suffering with this invisible illness are hilarious to be around, but behind closed doors... That's where the pain emerges to those close to them. To say only atheists suffer from this illness is nonsence! It can affect ANYONE! No matter the beliefs, upbringing, wealth etc etc. Depression isn't choosy about its victims...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:58 am 

Depression is terrible and often deadly!! Often people turn to alcohol and drugs to help them cover it up but it just makes it worse. No way does depression only occur with people who are atheists or Godless, sometimes people are more depressed when they are religious. Example: Jehovah's Witnesses are often very depressed people and no wonder what with doomsday hovering over them all the time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:06 am 

How does one commit suicide by asphyxiation?

I can't imagine how desperate someone has to be to kill oneself by such means that are so painful and uncomfortable and sometimes violent. The only way I could do it would be with pills and alcohol and just fall asleep.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:14 am 

My wife's first reaction to the news was of sadness. It was immediately followed by great joy: "He'll be resurrected in the new system!" She went on and on about how many people will be clamoring to have a Bible study with him. I sat there in stunned silence.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:37 am 

He will be resurrected so its good he died now??!! JW's really do believe these things, I had forgotten. So when someone dies its a joyful thing not a sad thing. I know my JW Mom believed it for real, and so when she was dying of cancer she was not afraid. She and her JW friends were not so optimistic about my Dad when he died as he was disassociated and so they did not go on about "The hope of a resurrection" for him. Yet they were not that sad about him dying?

In many ways the belief of a resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous is a wonderful hope but the way JW's see it is kind of over the top. I guess that's the carrot for them to keep them in the religion.

I hope there is a resurrection but I am still leaning to the agnostic side of these things in "I don't know". I am such a realist that having never seen miracles and no one else seeing miracles for 1000's of years I am skeptical. I am thinking more on the lines of our spirit leaves us and we go onto another realm and are not to return to earth again.