xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:46 am 

I LOVED it, dear At (mornin ' and peace to YOU, luv! ). I think some of (certainly me) take issue with dear VG's (peace to you, as well! ) "WTBTS tone" here, starting with her first judgmental comments. I realize she "spoke" out of ignorance but how do you judge the suicide choice of someone (1) you don't even know, (2) whose situation yiu have not yet been apprised of, and (3) when you are apprised still know nothing of the situation and so blame it where they live? AFTER insinuating the one was an atheist... although they are NOT, but devout in their religion... after chiding others, saying THEY'RE not accepting of others?

Her whole assessment of this situation... and judgmental comments come from something "in" her SHE blind to: WTBTS baggage. That whole finger - pointing thing... at things of which she has NO knowledge, at ALL. Which JWs do ALL the time!

What wrong has Mr. Williams done her, though? And what of HIS beliefs? And why chide someone... who's being TRUTHFUL as "unkind"... and be SO unkind HERE... while WITHOUT truth?

I couldn't let it go, though, dear one... because HER life could be affected. Now, due to her judging (which was also invalid)... and possibly eternally... due to her hypocrisy. Had I stated what she did she would have taken issue... that I was intolerant, unkind, even unloving. Yet, it seems okay for HER to be such (and I don't like speaking of her in the third person but your concerns call for clarification, so...). That is CLASSIC WTBTS thinking... and conduct.

Yet, she condemns WTBTS thinking and conduct.

This would not be such an issue for ME... if dear VG didn't make SUCH an issue over being "educated"... speaking down as to those who aren't. Got your degree? WONDERFUL! Got some knowledge because of it? GREAT! But don't throw that around as a reason folks should revere you... while ACTING... JUST LIKE... like the UNEDUCATED JW... YOU disdain and want others to disdain.

You dear ones know me... and so know that when lies come up I can't keep silent. Same thing with hypocrisy...because like lies, it is a form of DECEIT. True, one is usually deceiving oneself... but love should prompt us to not want ANY to be deceived... by ANYONE... EVEN oneself.

I apologize if MY approach concerned you. Just a bit of "Paul" confronting "Peter", perhaps. And dear Peter was all the better for it because he left off HIS hypocrisy as a RESULT of dear Paul 's honest... and OPEN... address of the matter.

I hope that helps clarify as to MY conduct here, dear, dear lady!

As always... peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:26 pm 

I understand and agree as to the tone of most of the posts; I haven't said much because it seemed obvious to all. I am not taking issue with you at all, Shelby. That's why the one post about the gardens really popped out at me. I was a little taken aback because it seemed a different 'spirit' to me when I read it. The thought even crossed my mind that someone had hacked her account : )

I had the thought that maybe she had realized in some way how her posts were coming across and that maybe a benign (it seemed to me) post was her way of trying to maybe get another start without having to eat crow or anything like that. I wasn't going to even say anything, but I didn't feel right about not giving the benefit of any possible doubt.

And I apologize, villagegirl, for speaking in the third person - there was probably a better way of saying what I felt I needed to.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:26 pm 

Got it, dear At!

Peace to you and thank YOU for the clarification, luv!

YSSFS of Christ

Shel