xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:36 pm 

Zoe, that is one of the very first articles that I read in researching Israel/Palestine.

Quote:
Dear ANOMOS... peace to you... and your comment was unnecessary, childish, and, IMHO, out of line. Please try to remain civil during these discussions? I realize that these matters hit close to home with you, as well, but let's try and keep the discussions a bit more IMpersonal, shall we? I could be wrong but, frankly, I think your last one warrants an apology.

I don't think you are wrong at all.

Anomos perhaps you could consider how you have been responded to regarding your views by members on this site, including when you have believed and written something that others know is untrue. Speak what you believe and/or know to be true, yes, of course! I, too, realize that you have much passion on these subjects. But please do not mock someone personally for not knowing something or for believing something that you believe/know to be false.

My apologies to you, Villagegirl, for the mean-spiritedness.

To anyone who needs to hear this: I KNOW that this is a touchy subject. There are great passions on both side of the conflict all over the world. Lots of anger, lots of pain, as well. But passion is not a substitute for truth. Truth stands and remains despite all attempts to knock it down. So lets try and focus on that (the truth, which on its own will reveal the lies)... rather than focusing upon trying to knock one another down.

Peace to you all,
your servant, and sister, and a fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:57 pm 

aGuest -You keep saying Peace and peace is not in your words.
How can you as a Christian defend Muslims ? They hate you and
kill and persecute Christians and call them dogs.
Your hatred of Jews is evident and very un-Christian.
Jesus was a Jew and all the dicpiles were Jews and the entire
Bible was written by Jews.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:02 pm 

Quote:
How can you as a Christian defend Muslims ? They hate you and
kill and persecute Christians and call them dogs.

Well, lets just pretend that is true for a moment, and while it may be true of some (just like some Jews call muslims dogs and hate them, or how some 'christians' do the same to muslims or jews or atheists, etc, etc), it is most definitely NOT true of all.

But even IF it were true... so what? What does that have to do with what YOU do, if you ARE a Christian and belong to/listen to/obey Christ?

"Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in Heaven."

It is even more fleshed out in Luke:

"But to you who are listening I say, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you."

That being said, it is not about who is muslim and who is jewish and who hates us and who does not hate us. We have Christ's words above telling us how to deal with that. It is about what is true.

So if you know something that has been stated falsely, then speak to that.

Quote:

I know you addressed this to Shelby, but since she has not stated a single thing that I disagree with or believe/know to be false... just the opposite actually, (and I don't hate Jews, or anyone for that matter)... I would also like to respond, as it applies to me as well.

I asked you above how you can believe that this is so (that you accuse us of being anti-semitic) and you did not answer. May I ask you to explain what you mean, specifically? Including what you believe it is called when someone who IS Jewish and also expresses these very views? Because I hear and read this accusation a lot, but it is NEVER backed up with something tangible. It just seems, to me, to be the equivalent of name-calling, rather than dealing with the issue of what is true.

In light of what Christ said to do to such people who DO hate us, then perhaps you might reconsider what behavior actually IS un-christian?

Quote:
Jesus was a Jew and all the dicpiles were Jews and the entire
Bible was written by Jews.

Jaheshua was Jewish, yes, and His apostles were Jewish, and many of the first disciples were Jewish as far as I know (which is NOT all Israel, as the Samaritans are also Israel, and some of these also believed Him to be the Messiah, and so were disciples. Christ came for the lost sheep of Israel, not just the lost sheep of the Jews)

I don't think I can agree that the bible was written entirely by Jews, though. Not that it matters. It is Christ to whom we must listen, for it is Christ who is the Truth and Word of God. Not the bible, and not the Jews.

But remember, Israel is 12 tribes... not just the two that made up Judah, from whom the Jews come. Was every prophet (in the bible) who ever wrote anything from the Spirit, born from the tribe of Judah?

I've never actually asked my Lord that question, never cared about it, never even thought about it... because it is the truth of something that matters more than who it is simply delivering the message that comes from the Spirit, who is the Truth, who is Christ, Jaheshua.

Again, peace to you,

your servant, and a slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:54 pm 

Quote:
aGuest -You keep saying Peace and peace is not in your words.

Peace to you, TRULY, dear VG... and can you please show me where they are not? Perhaps you are allowing yourself to read certain inflections/tones, etc., into my words that are not there? For example, I know some view capitals as indicating yelling or shouting. If you do, please know that I am NOT raising my voice at ALL! It's just that I type VERY fast... and this forum isn't punctuation "friendly." Sometimes I can highlight words/phrases and use (or type in) the italics/bold/underline features, but more often, it's just easier for me to use caps. I apologize if this tendency is throwing you off. Perhaps as you get to know me "better" you will begin to "hear" a bit more of "me"... and see that I am not (trying to be) offensive?

But I TRULY do wish peace to you... AND for your dear household. Now, that might not be peace the way the WORLD views it... but it CERTAINLY is peace the way CHRIST views it. John 14:27 Which peace most of the world... and particularly so-called "christians" DON'T know.

Quote:
How can you as a Christian defend Muslims?

I don't understand. I mean, given the history, wouldn't a christian defend a Muslim... BEFORE defending a JEW? BUT... Palestinians are not necessarily Muslims, dear one. And, no Muslim has ever done ME any wrong. I can't recall any Jew that has, either. But I CAN name a whole LOT of (so-called) "christians" who have. I'm not sure I understand this question... or what the people involved's religious preference has anything to do with anything. I mean, bombs don't look at children and go, "Oh, wait... you're a JEW/MUSLIM! Nope, I won't blow YOU up!" Right??

Quote:
They hate you and kill and persecute Christians and call them dogs.

I don't understand this statement, either. First, they don't hate me. They don't even know me. Second, the "christians" they hate aren't the kind of christian I am. Third, I know a LOT of Muslims... and I've never received even a bad LOOK from one of them. To make such a blanket statement as you have is like saying ALL Jews are... and ALL christians are... because ALL Muslims... do... I mean, should we say ALL christians hate(d) Jews... because some DID/DO? And some (Nazis) would kill them, if they could do so and get away with it? Do all white people hate and want to kill black folks? Yet... some DO kill and persecute black folks... and call them WORSE than dogs.

I've personally received hate from white folks, men, other women (black and white), kids (when I was a kid), but to date, not ONE bit of ire from a Muslim... as far as I know. So, personally, I truly don't understand your comment. I smacks, to ME, of blanket propaganda fomented by those who wish to instill fear in others. Do SOME Muslims hate "christians"? You betcha! They hate "Americans," they hate the "west" and "western" values, etc. But SURELY you know that there are "christians" who hate (and kill) Muslims... and Jews... and Jews who hate and kill Muslims (and, according to history, christians)... and some who hate them ALL... and would kill them ALL, if they could...

Quote:

WHOA!!! MY hatred of JEWS??!!! Ummmm... dear VG... I have Jewish blood in me. And... I don't hate ANYONE. The only thing I actually HATE... is lies... and the fomenting OF lies. But I find it... FASCINATING... that you would even say that, that hating Jews is "unchristian." I mean, at the time CHRIST... whom a "christian" SUPPOSEDLY follows... walked among them, the JEWS were the "world" he told his disciples to be NO PART OF. And it was JEWS who were running around killing JEWS... who were BECOMING christians... not MUSLIMS (running around) killing ANYONE.

EVEN SO... how does my sharing the TRUTH as to the history, foundation, and reason for this CURRENT conflict over JERUSALEM... equate to hating JEWS?? Dear VG, if someone HERE... who professed a union with CHRIST... and was considered by ME to be christian... went oppressing, attacking, killing, etc., JEWISH, MUSLIM, HINDU, SHINTO, BUDDHIST... ATHEIST... children... you don't think I would have a problem with THEM? You don't think I SHOULD?

Because your comment suggests that I should not just LOVE them... but CONDONE such conduct... JUST BECAUSE they are christians! What, pray tell, would you have had me do, had I lived during the Holocaust??? CONDONE what some of my "fellow christians" were doing to JEWS? What about during U.S. slavery? Should have I have condoned what was going on THERE... because those who were COMMITTING the atrocities of that institution claimed to be CHRISTIANS??

I truly don't understand where you're coming from. TRULY!

Quote:
Jesus was a Jew and all the dicpiles were Jews and the entire Bible was written by Jews.

I'm sorry... you say that to say... what? That I should love Jews?! Dear one, as I stated, Jews are only 2 parts of fleshly Israel. I have love, however, for ALL of Israel... because they are ALL God's CHOSEN people... in the FLESH. Whom my dear Lord DIED for. But not JUST the Jews. For the WORLD... and particularly ISRAEL. And these others (Palestinians) are PART of those people.

EVEN so... that they ARE fleshly Israel and part of the people JAH chose in the FLESH... does not make them RIGHT. As my dear Lord, JAHESHUA (there is no "Jesus", luv) SAID... and I'm SURE you're familiar with this (if not, please, consider familiarizing yourself)... when those who were trying to oppose HIM (who were JEWS, by the way!)... pointed out his mother and brothers... and that FACT that he was kind of IGNORING them:

"WHO is my mother and brothers! Those who DO THE WILL OF MY FATHER are my mother and brothers!"

And what is his Father's will HERE? I shared that with you: it is what Abraham and Lot did - SHARED the land. Even more, it is what my dear Lord said WE... CHRISTIANS... are to do (which, as a christian, I'm sure yo ALSO know):

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may PROVE yourselves children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." Matthew 5:43-48

Dear VG... I'm not sure where... or from whom... you learned your CURRENT form of "christianity"... but the "form" I (try to) practice is not just what is WRITTEN that Christ said... but what I receive from him MYSELF, PERSONALLY. John 10:27 It is NOT based on what (some folks/men) TELL me Christ said... but what he SAYS... to ME... NOW. Hebrews 12:25

And he is the very One who helped ME understand what this conflict is TRULY about. Why? Because I eat his flesh and drink his blood... and in DOING so... do not want to eat and drink "judgment" AGAINST myself. Which I would do if I were judging OTHERS. Including the Palestinians, who are being WRONGLY accused in this matter, simply because a few Muslims have taken it upon themselves to act as their LEADERS.

Just like YOU don't feel YOU should be blamed (for what the WTBTS has done, is doing, and will do in the future), perhaps the folks who are being KILLED should not be blamed EITHER. True, LIKE those (still in the WTBTS), these, too, may receive part of the plagues of Babylon the Great... because of THEIR adulterous relationship (with the god of "Mohammed")... but if Christ died FOR THE WORLD... who are WE to deem them unworthy?

Just as with many (so-called) "christians", they're fate may rest on how THEY treated Christ's brothers... which most of those in Israel... indeed, most in the WORLD... are NOT... too.

Please, don't take issue me for sharing the truth... and turn that into "Shelby hates Jews." Nothing could be further from the truth. I do not hate Jews. I don't anyone. Except, again, those who lie and foment lies. And, well, the stupid. I really have a problem with the stupid. And I don't mean the ignorant or uneducated. I mean those, who ALTHOUGH educated, make random blanket statements like "You hate Jews"... simply because one won't... can't... side WITH Jews... because they're wrong (in a situation).

Goodness. That's like telling Christ HE hated Jews... because he disagreed with what Jews were doing during HIS day... and called them on it. Heck, he even slighted his own disciples for THEIR hated of WOMEN... and Samaritans (their brothers of Israel). I mean, should I now hate all white people who hate all black people??? And vice versa?? 'Cause they're out there, on both sides. JUST like there are christians who hate Jews... and Jews who hate christians... and, in NYC (Brooklyn) Jews who REALLY hate black folks... and non-Jews...

I've heard tell you're educated. If so, please, let's stick to EDUCATED comments? For instance, perhaps the question that ASKS, "Do you hate Jews?" to which I could have responded, truthfully, and told you that I did NOT.

But I DO wish you peace, truly. The kind of peace, though, that comes with KNOWING the truth... as that kind will not only set your MIND... but your HEART... FREE! It only comes from Christ, though, and so I wish it for you... and upon you. Truly.

YOUR servant, as I am servant to ALL those of the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with... and a slave of Christ,

Shellamar, who DID have a (Hassidic) Jew LITERALLY cross the street because he LITERALLY "could NOT" walk on the same side as me and dear Hubby (who's Mexican-American)... because the same "law" that "says" they can't help someone dying in the street by putting that person in one of their "kosher" ambulances, even though one of THEM caused the (ultimately fatal accident BECAUSE they wouldn't put the poor guy in the dang ambulance and take him to the ER)... "said" he couldn't walk on the same frickin' sidewalk as us:

Never had a Muslim do THAT. Here, apparently, is another reason: because, out of modesty, women should let men pass by first:

http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/34 ... 14_bk.html

And so, I don't see much difference BETWEEN (some) Jews and (some) Muslims. We didn't fault that guy, nor do I fault other Jews OR Muslims. To ME (and I could be wrong, but I think not so much, given the "proof"), they're ALL blind, so what should we have EXPECTED? No reason to get angry or hate Hassidic Jews. EVERY reason to pray for them, though...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:09 pm 

Let the reply about the supposed hatred of Shelby serve as a witness.

Need I repeat myself?
:
I am against Zionists and Zionism because they are against my country and want to rule all over the world.

True Jews are my brothers. And even if I waned to, I cannot change the fact that Semitic blood runs in our veins. But today Zionists are spilling the blood of their Semitic brothers.

-

I was harsh with what was stated about Jerusalem by villagegirl.
I apologize villagegirl if this made you feel bad but only with one term: May my reply prompt you to open your eyes. But if you intentionally try to trick us and spread Zionist propaganda I will be even more harsh. Prove me wrong.

Since ANOMOS doesn't have the means to visit Jerusalem neither would it be wise under current circumstances, is considering to visit nearby Salamis. ;-)