xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: The Blue Dot
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:30 pm 

"That was 2000 years ago. A lot have happened till then. Something has gone wrong. We need a sign today."

2Peter 3:8-9 However, let this one fact not be escaping your notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah* as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9 Jehovah* is not slow respecting his promise,as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desired any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:07 am 

Happytobeout wrote:
"That was 2000 years ago. A lot have happened till then. Something has gone wrong. We need a sign today."

2Peter 3:8-9 However, let this one fact not be escaping your notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah* as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9 Jehovah* is not slow respecting his promise,as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desired any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.

Great verse HTBO,

How much more patience it takes on Jahs part when he see everything. Our world compared to his is so small and so short of a wait.

Remembering also the vast amount of energy/ fire it will take to destroy death and all those that belong to him. Many forget that it more than just the physical that is involved to be cleansed. Too soon on Jahs part, and none of us would survive. But man only wants what they can see fixed yesterday only to start all over again.

Thank you and good morning to you my sister,
Justmom /:)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:37 pm 

For those that believe the signs are all around us, for those that don't, NO SIGN will ever be enough.

I have my days where I doubt, I have my days where I feel alone and can't fathom any God much less GOD.

I am human and as such, I believe when I CAN and have doubts when it is hard to believe.

That is why I thank God for His Love and Grace through Our Lord and I thank Our Lord and praise Him everyday for His love and strength.

It isn't easy and sometimes it is down right impossible, but that is why we are human and HE is God.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:46 pm 

Hmm. . . .

"Only an evil, adulterous generation would demand a miraculous sign, but the only sign I will give them is the sign of the prophet Jonah." Then Jesus left them and went away."--Matthew 16:4, New Living Translation.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:25 pm 

Armand wrote:
Hmm. . . .

"Only an evil, adulterous generation would demand a miraculous sign, but the only sign I will give them is the sign of the prophet Jonah." Then Jesus left them and went away."--Matthew 16:4, New Living Translation.

I tend to not regard that comment as anything other than a simple reprimand simply because EVERY generation has "demanded" a sign.

It was Christ's Resurrection that brought all to Him, not His death.
It was this sign that was the end of "in your face" signs ( till the second coming).

His reprimand was clear - only an adulterous people DEMAND miracles as sign ( adulteress being the key word IMO).
His solution was also clear - The Resurrection.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:08 pm 

PS:

"It was Christ's Resurrection that brought all to Him, not His death."
It was this sign that was the end of "in your face" signs ( till the second coming).

His solution was also clear - The Resurrection."

Exactly! The "Sign of Jonah." Jonah's resurrection from the belly of the great fish.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:58 pm 

1000 years ro YHWH may be like 1 day but it is NOT for us.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:47 am 

ANOMOS wrote:
1000 years ro YHWH may be like 1 day but it is NOT for us.

One shouldn't be too quick to ask for the "end of days" because we have to realize what that does mean.
God is giving us a priceless gift: TIME

And we need all the time we can get to fix our crap.

Just saying.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:06 pm 

Quote:
One shouldn't be too quick to ask for the "end of days" because we have to realize what that does mean.
God is giving us a priceless gift: TIME

Yes.

And as Shelby also said previously... the one that God may be waiting to be born and to come to Christ... might by your own child, or grandchild.

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:53 pm 

God is giving us ample time. Because he will never bring the "end". Jesus has simply shown us the way. Now we are on our own.
/
It is sick minds that say that 7.000.000.000 lives will be destroyed because they are bad and only 7.000.000 will survive. But I can guarantee you that 7 will be destroyed soon (or 8 if someone doesn't hit the launchpad imminently).

OUTLAW is willing to ex-splane, if someone fails to get it. ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:41 pm 

ANOMOS wrote:
God is giving us ample time. Because he will never bring the "end". Jesus has simply shown us the way. Now we are on our own.
/
It is sick minds that say that 7.000.000.000 lives will be destroyed because they are bad and only 7.000.000 will survive. But I can guarantee you that 7 will be destroyed soon (or 8 if someone doesn't hit the launchpad imminently).

OUTLAW is willing to ex-splane, if someone fails to get it. ;-)

Dear Anomos,

Your first statement sounds like someone that has been burned out and got tired of waiting on the WTBS lies. All their promises that never have come to pass is causing so many to give up, lose their faith in both Jah and his son when...What have they ( Jah and CHRIST) told us and promised us? What have THEY lied about?

It is the WTBSs sole purpose to mislead and devour us and you Know this NOW!

As you mentioned CHRIST has shown us the way, BUT we are NOT alone. He IS alive and he IS with us as the Holy Spirit all the days until the conclusion of this system of things.

Why because of the WTBS do people continually blame Jah for the fact that we CHOSE to believe their lies for a time?

We know it to be a lie that everyone except 7,000,000 will survive. Who cares what the WTBS teaches as to everyone else. It is only themselves they are trying to fool.

As far as the GB members. Of course everyone hates them for what they are doing.

But holding onto this anger of them is only hurting ourselves. Because they are being allowed to STILL control peoples joy in life and their being able to move past them when we still hold on to this anger.

They have actually accomplished even further their purpose with those that even leave them.

The fact that individuals that leave blame Jah, give up on HIM is exactly what they want in the long run.
They want people that leave to be angry, unhappy and have no purpose beyond them.

We don't have to be though!

What if tomorrow one of these men " woke up" and seen the light and repented? Where would our hearts be then? How angry at him would we still be? Could we forgive him?

There is ONE that will take all this burden off of you, heal you and give you true joy and peace and show you how to love all over again.

" Come to HIM and take life's water, Holy Spirit... FREE!"

Love and peace to you,
Justmom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:59 pm 

How many woke up in the first century? 1, 2? Same today. The rest will have the fate of the Pharisees.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:34 pm 

..................Thats me down there..
.........Waving to you from Canada!...........

....................................................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:55 pm 

Canada? You forgot the ice.
But you can't teach an old dog new tricks!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:49 am 

How many woke up in the first century? 1, 2?

Well, we know at LEAST 12 (counting Paul), 13 (if you throw in Matthias), 16 (if you count Timothy, Luke, and Barnabas). Another three (if you count Zecharias, his wife Elizabeth, and their son, John)... so 19. Another 5 (so 24) if you count Mary (the Magdalene), Martha (her sister), Mary (my dear Lord's fleshly mother), Joanna, Salome... and we can't forget:

Ethiopian Eunuch
Stephen
Cornelius
Ananias (and Sapphira -I mean, they BELIEVED, even if they played false to the holy spirit given them)
Lydia
Phoebe
Priscilla
Aquilla
Apollos
Silvanus
Philemon
Titus
Eutychus

And those in the Roman, Corinthians, Galatian, Ephesian, Thessalonian, Colossian, Philippian... and other "congregations" (from Antioch to Crete, etc.)...

Then there were those couple/few thousands in Judea and Samaria...

I am being facetious, yes, dear one... but so were you, and "fair exchange ain't no robbery." The thing is, you've allowed yourself to put faith in the false teachings of MEN - perhaps even that of the WTBTS - which false teachings insinuate that large numbers of followers are indicative of God's spirit and approval? Yet, what did CHRIST say, dear one? Among other things, he is recorded as saying:

"Many are CALLED; few are CHOSEN" and

"Broad and spacious is the way leading to destruction and MANY are the ones finding IT, whereas cramped and narrow is the Way leading to LIFE... and FEW are the ones finding IT."

And how many times did the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH Himself, refer to a REMNANT being held over for Him?

What of Christ indicating that faith just might NOT be found in the earth when he arrived?

One of the greatest indications that the WTBTS is NOT an organization set up and/or sanctioned by God is there insistence on adhering to the OLD Law (while decrying that requirement; yet, why CAN'T one get a tatoo, then? Yet, one can eat pork, seafood... get ears pierced... I digress)... adhering to the Old Law... WHILE CONSTANTLY AND CONSISTENTLY TAKING A CENSUS!!

Wasn't Israel warned about counting their numbers? That doing so would create a false sense of strength in THEMSELVES... rather than a reliance on JAH Himself? Yet, the WTBTS consistently makes a big deal over "how many" members they have, "how many" attend their meetings, "how many" hours they put in FS, "how much" money they take in, etc. Along their continual counting of "dates and times and seasons," they count everything else, including their numbers... and tout those numbers as indication of their strength!

Which is what most religions do, particularly "christendom"... and so many are BLINDED by this and flock to these, because, well, of COURSE God is "blessing" these - just look at the numbers! Look at HOW MANY "go to" [that church], [that temple], belong to [that religion], etc.

What they don't understand is that the BENEFIT of the numbers... is the INCOME! The more members a church/religion has.. THE MORE DONATIONS/CONTRIBUTIONS!!

JAH and Christ, however, don't need your money, dear one. They are not looking for those who "give the tenth" anymore. For a time, such was only for the upkeep of the temple (at Jerusalem) and care of the priests and others who served there. NOW, JAH is looking for those who worship Him IN/WITH/BY SPIRIT... in/with/through/for... the (T)RUTH! And who use their "unrighteous" riches for a RIGHTEOUS purpose. Namely, "looking after widows and orphans in THEIR tribulation." Not grown-assed men who COULD care for themselves! As Paul wrote, "Let him that doesn't work, not eat!"

Hence, the donations/contributions were to be for ONE purpose and one purpose only: widows and orphans. Widows, because their livelihoods were often caring for husbands who worked. Once those husbands died, however, who would care for them? Orphans, because they didn't HAVE fathers/mothers to care for them! Everyone ELSE, however... and particularly men who were not too old, feeble, or infirm to care for themselves... WORKED. And GAVE... rather than RECEIVED!

It is utter blasphemy to say that JAH, Christ, or even holy spirit ALLOWS an able-bodied man to take FROM widows and orphans... EVEN ONE DIME... to "support" their "ministry." Paul sewed tents. The Apostles were fishermen, tax collectors, etc.

Your looking for a sign, dear one... your NEEDING a sign... and your misunderstanding as to the "numbers" should give you pause. You should stop and think as to what... and even WHOM... you HAD your "faith" in when you HAD "faith." Because if you think large numbers of people believing the same thing... or signs that manifest God or Christ's presence that are NOT of those gifts granted BY holy spirit... are indications... you are in error. You have been misled to believe things that neither JAH nor Christ EVER said or gave to those who ARE looking for them.

I hope this helps, truly, to clarify some misunderstandings you might have, as well as to perhaps make you stop and consider setting those misunderstandings aright... in which case you just MIGHT find what you are looking for, and receive what you are seeking. You won't, though, so long as you're looking for... and wanting to receive... the wrong things, things neither the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies, or His Son and Christ, the HOLY One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... ever said you would find or receive.

Stop leaning on your OWN understanding, dear one... or the very erroneous ones given you by man.

Peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

Shellamar