xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:57 am 

As I was doing a search for the KIM V WT case, I saw this in the search hits and found it interesting; a three yr old discussion about WT/JW.ORG 'NEW TECHNOLOGY'...and now it is nearly 2015...they have really fallen in love with the internet, it was interesting to see what they were chatting about then, and how far they've come:

http://watchtowerlibraryformac.info/en/ ... k/posts/47

Quote:
Hi everyone. Sorry that Roy and I haven’t been around for the last few weeks. We are back!! We guess that some of you might be waiting for the new release of Watchtower Library for Mac. It is on it’s way. I’m afraid it has had to go on the back burner for a while due to other responsibilities. Our apologies for the delay.

This is Roy’s plan, although I don’t fully understand it – maybe you will.
Version 2.0 will have the following features:

embedded X11 (techno babble for that you won’t need anything else, it will run independently);
assistance for non-Roman input i.e. Chinese, Kanji, Japanese, Greek etc;
better printer integration; tracker speed problems;
various bug features that have been reported i.e. grey screen; double pasting.
If there are any other features that come to mind, please file them as a Feature issue at the developer site or post a comment below. However Roy’s to do list is the Feature and Bug list on the developer site found here.

Then, there is a: COMMENT SECTION [ Comments (162) ]

So, now, here we have what I've been trying to get the bros at bethel and for them to suggest that johnny the bethelite be the boss of the project.....A JW SITE WITH AN INTERACTIVE WAY TO CONVERSE WITH OTHER JWS ABOUT JWS, ETC.

The question to ask wt is , still: WHY ARE THESE SITES BECOMING PROBLEMS FOR YOU AT BETHEL NOW? WHAT IS WITH GOING AFTER PEOPLE FOR COPYRIGHT INFRING WHEN IT IS YOU WHO IS PROMOTING THAT EVERYTHING ON YOUR SITE IS GREAT FOOD FOR EVERYONE...SO WHY IS THERE A PROBLEM 'SHARING' IT....ELECTRONICALLY? YOU LOVE THE INTERNET NOW, RIGHT? JUST ASK JOHNNY, HE IS ADDICTED TO IT NOW...AN ACTUAL HOST ON SUXSCREENS AND LOVING THE KROWD THERE...AND THEY HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH HIM AS WELL...SURELY HE COULD HANDLE THIS TASK AND BE A GREAT WT INTERNET PRODUCTION MANAGER.

The idea of putting these calls [issues] on youtube is that it isn't just exjws or jws viewing them, if at all. YOU CAN EASILY SEND YOUR TAPES TO OTHERS, IN AN EMAIL...OR SUBMIT THEM EVERYWHERE...AND PEOPLE WILL EITHER LISTEN OR THEY WON'T....BUT YOU WILL HEAR ME, ON THE PHONE, ALOT, WITH BETHEL...TRYING TO GET ANSWERS.

It is a great 'release' internally too. At least it is for now. And the fact that you can read anything you see on the net, in a utube tape, is an ideal tool to use. Imagine all I could read and publish on youtube. THE FLOCK BOOK EVEN.

Anyhoot, I think instinctively, their hungry promotion of their BORING AND REVOLTING WEBSITE [WITH NO INTERACTIVE FEATURES] will backfire, at some point, blank range.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:01 am 

I wish I could post about this issue on simons. And post that hit I found, then generate a discussion. I'd love to get feedback on it all.

hint hint

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:08 am 

And now I see this, elsewhere:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchto ... -on-Google

So help me out here, as I think I just realized '$OMETHING': The campaign is being pushed so hard so the site gets 'clicked on' and WTBTS makes money off every click and/or ad? Or just for visiting the site? IS IT A SNEAKY WAY OF GENERATING FUNDS?

Should I ask bethel? /:)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:17 am 

I don't know sKally, and I'm not sure I understand the issue with that excerpt above. But if the wts allowed feedback on their site, it would probably have to be approved first... and then they would just post the ones that tell them how great they are, how blessed they are to have jworg, etc, etc.

That would be even worse, imho.

In any case, their sheep, the ones they WANT to keep and the ones who WANT to follow them... probably WANT the site to remain 'commentless', just to keep out dissenters and people who might 'threaten' their faith (in the wts).

My guess is that the people who want a comment section or a chat section - an open one - are people like you who they (the wts and their sheep) DON'T want commenting to begin with. Now pointing that out to people, as you keep doing, might make some think about what they are so afraid of...

Because Truth stands, regardless of what gets thrown at it, regardless of what attempts are made to defeat it (Him). So someone who claims to 'have' (or rather know) truth, should not BE afraid of what others argue or put forth. I would think that they should even WELCOME the discourse, because it gives them a chance to witness TO the Truth. Unless of course, their 'truth' is not Truth at all... but just another lie.

Because lies are what DO fall, when tested against Truth (Christ).

In any case, an open chat section, etc, where the comments are not pre-approved... can only be bad for them. And a comment section where comments must be pre-approved... is utterly pointless.

Forgive me if I have misunderstood the point you are making on this thread.

Peace to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:24 am 

You are forGiven.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:25 am 

Lol, thanks.

Peace again!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:20 pm 

Quote:
... a comment section where comments must be pre-approved... is utterly pointless.

I made a similar comment to the owner of another board just yesterday, dear tec (peace to you!), along with the truth that telling folks you also want/allow comments that disagree, yet never post/allow others to see and/or comment as to such, makes such telling a lie.

Blows MY minds that folks can't see that, though... yet, claim to know the Truth (that is Christ). How can that BE??

Peace, dear sister!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:27 pm 

Yes, I was actually thinking of another board when I made that comment. And yes... it is as lie to state that you allow comments that disagree with you when you don't allow comments that actually show you to be false... just as it is a lie to post all the comments that agree with you, giving you the 'appearance' of speaking 'truth'. Even though truth has nothing to do with how many people agree with it or not. And if you have to resort to deception to give yourself the appearance of truth... well, that should tell you something about the truth you think you know.

Peace to you Shelby,
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:50 pm 

Quote:
So help me out here, as I think I just realized '$OMETHING': The campaign is being pushed so hard so the site gets 'clicked on' and WTBTS makes money off every click and/or ad? Or just for visiting the site? IS IT A SNEAKY WAY OF GENERATING FUNDS?
Should I ask bethel? /:)....skally

LOL!!@sKally..
Even if it were true they`d lie to you..

Quote:
I made a similar comment to the owner of another board just yesterday, dear tec (peace to you!),
along with the truth that telling folks you also want/allow comments that disagree, yet never post/allow others to see and/or comment as to such, makes such telling a lie.....Shelby

I`d have to agree with you..

Quote:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lying by omission

Also known as a continuing misrepresentation, a lie by omission occurs when an important fact is left out in order to foster a misconception. Lying by omission includes failures to correct pre-existing misconceptions. When the seller of a car declares it has been serviced regularly but does not tell that a fault was reported at the last service, the seller lies by omission. It can be compared to dissimulation.

....................................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:11 am 

Hello...

I just read a thread elsewhere by an author I'd love to be able to communicate with, as I did years ago. This thread is in direct relation to what I tell bethel when I call: you do not want your website to have interactive features for ANYONE because of just what this author is feeding back. Too bad he cannot go to jw.org and inquire as to why and to share with them why indeed ORG WILL NOT SURVIVE THEIR LUST FOR THE "EVIL INTERNET". Wish I could get him to my youtube channel and give him the incentive/inspiration to call too. He is hitting on a very profound topic that needs ore feedback; even from active jws that are online and that have embraced jw.org. [Perhaps someway, he could be invited here? ;)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/frie ... -Long-Term

As I told the bethelite yesterday, on tape, that is up now: what good is promoting and campaigning for the world to come visit your site and then provide/ have already installed no communication features for them to address anything they are viewing there. How do you expect people to get questions answered? Snail mail or requesting a BS? (You'll hear me go over this point directly and thoroughly).

And you will see here where the author states EXACTLY what I told another yesterday:

Quote:
Since the WT Society in previous years virtually demonized going on the Internet at all for JW's - now WT leaders are doing a complete turn around or about face probably so as to " compete " or keep up with all the anti-JW websites that are out there to give the WT Society point of view.

However- it very well may backfire on them as once people start doing google searches looking for JW.org it WILL bring up all the other websites dealing with ANY JW issues and in the privacy of their own homes out of curiosity I'm sure lots of JW's are going to want to check out some of these sites to see what all the " apostate " hoopla is all about. I wonder how many JW's will do this and will it have an effect in opening more minds to other views ? What are your opinions on this and if you still attend have you heard any JW's talking about other websites other than JW.org ? Just curious of your opinions on this. Hopefully this will backfire on the WT Society and arouse JW's to surf the Internet more so. Look forward to your opinions.

I too, used the word "backfire". I nearly said it to the bethelite. I surely told him the site will not hold water, in THE END, in so many words.

So, skally is pleased to see this dynamic issue being addressed and discussed. And by one of my favs.

Feedback anyone?