xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:10 pm 

Quote:
By following the lead of the faithful and discreet slave

WTF?!@!?

I do not follow the lead of anyone. F*** off!

And I thought Christians had only one leader, Jesus Christ...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:35 am 

ANOMOS wrote:
Quote:
By following the lead of the faithful and discreet slave

WTF?!@!?

I do not follow the lead of anyone. F*** off!

And I thought Christians had only one leader, Jesus Christ...

Good morning Dear Anomos and everyone,

It is TRULY a shame that this organization who calls itself " the truth" blasphemes and denies our Lord Jaheshua the holy one of Israel who IS and SPEAKS Truth and continually refuses to come to him as THE Joseph whom Pharaoh
( Jah) has put in charge to be feed spiritually, to dispense this food at the proper time as THE true manna from heaven.

The invitation that is held out in Revelation 22: 17 that the spirit and bride keep saying is..."Come to HIM...CHRIST ( not the Governing body) and ANYONE who wishes to receive this gift, the Holy Spirit, which IS our Lord and which is life's water... FREE!"

Your fellow servant and sister in CHRIST, Justmom

P.s. Thank you dear Anomos for this opportunity given me to be obedient to what my Lord has reminded me to share and to give ALL praise and glory to our father Jah and to the one he sent and told us to " Listen to!"
Enjoy your day

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:38 am 

Matt 23:10 uses the Greek word kathēgētḗs (Strong's 2519), which carries the thought of teacher, instructor, leader (as in an instructional guide)

Heb 13:7 and 13:17 both use the Greek word hégeomai (Strong's 2232), which carries the thought of leading the way as in someone who leads another in before an official. It also means someone who leads by coming first in priority, or having leading authority.

In context, there is only one Leader (Instructor), our Lord. There can be others appointed to lead the way TO the Lord. This fits in perfectly with Rev 22:17.

The translation of Heb 13:17 differs greatly from translation to translation.
NWT: Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among YOU and be submissive
NIV: Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority
KJV:Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves

The Greek word here for "Be obedient", "Obey" and "Have confidence" is Peithesthe (Strong's 3982), which has the root word peithó, which means "to persuade", "to have confidence". So, translating it as "obey" isn't quite right. The apparent intent here is that one would have confidence in those who the Lord uses to persuade us in coming to him.

The Greed word for "be submissive" and "submit to their authority" and "submit yourselves" is hypeikete (Strong's 5226), which basically means "to yield".

Thus, this passage is not saying to submit to their every word and command, because the commands of men cannot overrule the commands of God and of his Christ. No, instead, I am reading it as 'Have confidence in and be yielding to those the Lord uses to persuade you to what you believe.'

Now, why would this even be here? Isn't it so that teaching is a gift of the spirit? And not a gift everyone has? The same with exhorting? (Rom 12:6-8) So, those whom the Lord uses to teach, to exhort, to preach... would we not want to have confidence in them and yield to them?

Now, keep in mind that there are those who TAKE AUTHORITY when it is not given to them. In the case of the GB, they just recently TOOK such authority when they declared themselves the 'faithful and discreet slave'. We know our Lord cannot be using them because THEY DIDN'T EVEN KNOW who the FDS was, by their own admission, until just last year. That is a clear sign of someone we cannot have confidence in.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:40 pm 

Only have a few minutes and thought I'd check in (mornin' and peace to you, all!)... but HAVE to comment here!

First... THANK you, dear, dear LQ (mornin' and peace to you!)... for looking at the GREEK! It is almost IMPERATIVE that we DO... if we want to dispute what the FALSE prophets say various verses state/mean! In referring to the Greek, we can SHOW (those who may not yet hear... or cannot bring themselves to turn AWAY from these imposters and turn TO Christ) how the words have been mistransliterated! Thank you for taking the time, because I know it can be time consuming... at first. Once one gets into the practice, though, not only does it become quicker/easier... but HELPS in "hearing". Because the Bible wasn't written in English, at ALL... and even the Greek is GREATLY mistransliterated (from the ancient Hebrew tongue of "Aramaic" - which I learned is NOT a combination of Hebrew and Chaldean/Babylonian... but is actually the OLDEST form of the Hebrew tongue, after the Phonecian language).

If one can learn even a bit of the older languages, one can often see where a word that has several definitions was mistransliterated with the WRONG definition. And one can also often hear... "why": to mislead, IF POSSIBLE, EVEN the chosen ones!

Quote:
there are those who TAKE AUTHORITY when it is not given to them. In the case of the GB, they just recently TOOK such authority when they declared themselves the 'faithful and discreet slave'.

Yes! Which is WHY they are the ones of THIS generation that fulfill our dears Lord's words recorded at Matthew 23:1-35, and regarding your observation, especially verse 2, which, in their OWN Bible version, states:

"The scribes and the Pharisees SEAT THEMSELVES in the seat of Moses."

They have made THEMSELVES "mediator" for the members of the WTBTS; yet, we are told that we have ONE mediator between us and God... Christ... Who is the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah). And those poor sheep will NEVER "get" that until THEY say:

"BLESSED is HE... who comes... in the name of JAH." Matthew 23:39; Psalm 118:26

Again, thank you for your comments, dear one!

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar