xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Acts 4:12
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:09 pm 

Peace to you all today,

" Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved."

In my recent conversations with some lately, it is truly sad how much emphasis they will put on the name Jehovah as being the true name of God and must be used to identify Him above all other Gods and Lords yet grossly disrespect and deny our Lords name JAHeshua , the Holy One of JAHveh by calling him
" Jesus."

And they know this is not his name not even close. They quote that early Jewish Christians would have identfied him as " Yeshshua" or " Yahshua." and the English being Joshua. And they refuse to even try to use his true name.

They also admit that the name Jehovah is not the true name yet use it because this form of the divine name has a long history in the English language. They actually even quote in their new grey bible that the name should read "YAHveh" or "YAHaveh" but JEHOVAH (with the "e" and "a" deliberately transposed) seems firmly rooted in the English language, and the really important point is not the exact pronouniation, but the recognition that it is a Proper Name not merely a title like " Lord."

REALLY??? The really important point is not the exact pronounciation but the use of it?

And yet Acts tells us that there is no other name under heaven that is more important than our Lords name JAHeshua to be saved and they do not see the importance of even trying to use His name.

He is not important to Jehovah's Witnesses regardless of what they say. They are some of who our Lord referred to in John 5:43,

" I have come in the name of my Father, but you do not receive me. IF someone else came in his own name, you would receive that one."

And Matthew 23:39,

" I say to YOU, You will by no means see me from henceforth until you say, Blessed is HE that comes in JAHVEHs name."

So the USE of BOTH names and correct pronounciation is extremely important.

Peace and love to you all, your sister, fellow servant and slave of our Lord JAHeshua, Kim

Post subject: Re: Acts 4:12
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:01 am 

Peace to you Kim!

I have had a few recent conversations about the Name(s) of Christ and God also.

Quote:
They actually even quote in their new grey bible that the name should read "YAHveh" or "YAHaveh" but JEHOVAH (with the "e" and "a" deliberately transposed) seems firmly rooted in the English language, and the really important point is not the exact pronouniation, but the recognition that it is a Proper Name not merely a title like " Lord."

REALLY??? The really important point is not the exact pronounciation but the use of it?

I know. Its so backward. Like so many things.

If the name is important, then isn't the TRUE name important?

Not that I cannot see love covering over someone making a mistake, where one is trying - also out of love - to get it right. But if you know (or learn) that you've been saying someone's name wrong for many years... wouldn't love and respect have you apologizing and correcting your error? Rather than continuing to promote what you know is an error and teaching instead that it doesn't matter if it's accurate or not?

How rude would that be if we did and said that to a person from another country, whose name we knew we were pronouncing wrong? Or that we knew we were getting wrong altogether?

Peace and love to you and to your loved ones,
your servant and sister and a slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:02 am 

Not everyone is English but to me it seems the Watchtower Society has Anglicized the name of Jahveh and Christ. I still have trouble pronouncing the names myself as the name Jesus and Jehovah are so ingrained in me.

So what you are saying is that we need to use the Hebrew pronunciation no matter what our language is??

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:44 am 

Zoe wrote:
Not everyone is English but to me it seems the Watchtower Society has Anglicized the name of Jahveh and Christ. I still have trouble pronouncing the names myself as the name Jesus and Jehovah are so ingrained in me.

So what you are saying is that we need to use the Hebrew pronunciation no matter what our language is??

Peace to you Zoe,

I'm not saying anyone has to do anything they don't want to nor feel comfortable doing certainly.

But if Jehovah's witnesses are going to pronounce the most important name in the universe, (and a reason they pride themselves as being the so-called truth of using it and carrying it) wouldn't you think they'd want to pronounce it the way they know it to be accurate verses what is acceptable by men?....YaHVeH JaHVeh

Pronouncing it JeHoVaH isn't any easier that JaHVeH. But we know the real reason they don't of course. They are not allowed to see the truth in this because their hearts are truly far removed from him.

Because their hearts are far removed from listening to and obeying the one He says to listen to, our Lords and savior JAHehsua MischaJAH, the chosen one of Jah who came in His Fathers name and made known that name to the ones His Father gave him.

Referring to our Lord as " Jesus" is not even the English term if one wants to say that is their common language. English would be Joshua or Jahshua. But of course "Jesus" is what is acceptable " by man" once again.

What a danger especially since our Father says "there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved."

And as dear Tammy said ( peace sister)

If the name is important, then isn't the TRUE name important?

Peace and love to you all, your sister fellow servant and slave of Christ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:18 am 

A little off topic, but somewhat relevant...

I recently had a conversation with my brother in law, who asked, "What about the name Jehovah?"

I briefly summarized the real pronunciation, but then asked, "What did Christ say to call him?" He looked at me bewildered. I said, "The Lord's Prayer...?"

He started, "Our Father in the heavens...".

I asked, "Did you ever call your father by his personal name?"

He said, "No. I knew his name, but I called him Dad."

I said, "Exactly. Which is what the Lord's Prayer says to do. Call him Father. Yes, we KNOW his name, but since we're sons of God, we call him Father." He went silent for a few moments, then moved onto another topic.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:05 pm 

That is a good point LQ, here on earth its disrespectful to call our parents by their given names. So we should address Jahveh as our Heavenly Father when approaching him through Christ.

Kim I know you were not saying we HAVE to call Christ Jahehsua and I understand what you are saying as regards to the JW religion. They make a huge deal about the name Jehovah and then don't say it right. They don't make a big deal about Christ and underplay his role.

Where did the name/pronunciation Jesus come from I wonder? Seems everyone calls him that and I have never seen or heard his name referred to as Jahehsua before. I am still praying to him as My Lord Christ as I feel disrespectful calling him by his name as he is God like his Almighty Father.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:18 pm 

Greetings and peace to you all -

It is important because:

1. Most importantly, how one ask for a name to be "hallowed/sanctified" if even we don't know exactly what name me mean?

2. We may ALL be called upon to call upon the names of God and/or Christ. At some point, we may be asked "WHO is YOUR God/what God do YOU serve?" That name could mean life... or death... in flesh as well as destruction of the spirit.

3. When address the MOST Holy One of Israel AS sons, we of course call Him "Father." But there is a REASON Christ said:

"I have made your name known ... to the men... YOU HAVE GIVEN ME."

Even Abraham wasn't given that name. Nor Isaac... nor Jacob/Israel... or Joseph. Not until Moses was the Father's personal name given to mankind. And then... it was removed. Covered over... changed... hidden... lost.

Until Christ came. And then... removed... covered over... changed... and lost... again.

Yet, we... small, tiny group that we are... were given it AGAIN. Should we not consider it a PRIVILEGE to have it now, considering how many don't believe He exists, don't believe He has a name, don't believe anyone knows/can/should speak the name... want to profane the name ?

We, who've been given the MOST Holy's personal name... and directly from His SON... should not only use the correct name but tell others that name when opportunity arises.

And yes, we should use the Hebrew name... as that is the one given us. For instance, we could call our dear Lord "Joshua," which is the English translation, but that's not the name he gave us. To do so, then, would be unloving. It would be like insisting on calling someone "Stephen," when he introduced himself as "Esteban." Or "John," when he told us his name is "Juan." Unloving and rude.

Of ALL the beings in existence, do we truly want to be unloving and rude to the Holy and MOST Holy?

I can say, all day long, "This is my brother," or "My sister is...". It's benign, for the most part until I add a name: "This is my brother, LQ" or "My sister, Zoe, is dealing with a challenging disability." NOW, the audience actually has "someone" to relate to on a less abstract plane.

At some point, we will ALL understand that it is NOT about "us." About OUR comfort, OUR ease, OUR need (to appear "smart" and "knowing"). When we do, we will move past all of the little discomforts and "so whats" and "what's the big deals."

Because we will understand, and more so than we do as to other humans... that LOVE... does not look out for its OWN interests. And how that applies to our knowledge of, relationship with... and love of... God and Christ. None of which should be burdensome... in any way, on any level... for any reason.

If seems like it is, it's because you're under the wrong "yoke"... and carrying the wrong "load."

Again, peace to you, all.

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:48 pm 

Well Hi Shelby, nice to see you here today!!

Your message makes so much sense after me feeling a bit confused earlier. You always come up with such heartfelt explanations.

Kim and Tec thanks also for your heartfelt explanations as to the importance of our God's name. After all there are many god's but only one true Almighty God. I see how it is important when speaking with others about Jah and Christ to use their names.

I am in a LOT of pain today so my answers might seem to be a bit stiff and short. So Sorry but I assure you I appreciate the subject posted here today.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:53 pm 

Truly hope you get some relief and feel better, soon, dear, dear Zoe -

Peace to you, luv!

And please excuse typos above. Using phone... and tiny screen, etc.