xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:12 am 
Site Admin

SKALLY SAID

...act a responsible manner in the very best interest of her children that she gave birth to? I mean, posts like this one below just make me nuts...insteadd of posting on the internet about the ongoing abuse of her children in her home, she should be packing up her kids and walking out the door or at least, calling protective services and law enforcement on her own husband and seeking a good lawyer...yet, her she is:

"The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves"

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/frie ... e-Improves

Discuss.

sKally

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:13 am 

SKALLY SAID

These are the types of serious issues that the public need to aware of regarding how this religion sets up all of the children involved for said abuse. There is no escape for them.

This mother has a prime opportunity and JUSTIFICATION to dissolve any relationship with this so-called 'man'; no matter that he is the birth fatherof these children. He has clearly demonstrated through his behavior that his kids are not safe around him. And the mother has CRYSTAL CLEARLY been an eyewitness to these facts.

Yet, what has she done thusfar? Sure, the child escaped the beating BY SUBMISSION TO GO TO A MEETING THAT DISCUSSES DEADLY POLICIES WITHIN WATCHTOWER STUDY AND PUBLIC TALKS and states that you will die by the hands of their god......

So, I ask: Was this mother going to let the beating actually happen if the child said he was not going to the meeting; basically condoning it? And, did/has it occured to her that the meetings are also CHILD ABUSE TO THEIR HEART, SOUL AND MIND?

And I ask this:

Who was the worst of the two parents when it was time to go to the meeting; the mother or the father? Which abuse is worse? The physical or the mental, spiritual and emotional?

These poor kids don't stand a chance with eithr one of these parents. Too bad they must now wait until they are of age to run!

sKally

AGUEST SAID

Unfortunately, given variables such as culture, country, and laws, dear Skal (peace to you!), sometimes things like this aren't as cut-and-dried as we'd like them to be. Perhaps you or I would say, "No, this is abuse and she should just take her kids and leave!" Question is... leave... and go... where? The post doesn't say where she is located; however, it DOES say that spankings aren't illegal where she is. So, maybe there's a shelter, maybe not. Maybe her parents/family (or even his) will help, maybe not. It's really easy to be on the outside looking in and concluding what another should do. It's not so easy from the inside, though.

Many folks, female AND male, don't grow cahones over night, in situations like this. Sometimes... it takes time. What can YOU do? Let her know she isn't alone, that abuse like this occurs everywhere... and in many, many religions, and not just among JWs (although it is prevalent there)... and share any accounts you might know of of folks who've experienced similar and how they dealt with/got out of it. That might not only help her "see" how she can handle her own plight, but perhaps even give her the strength to do so. When one believes, even erroneously, that they ARE alone in their "sufferings"... believing there is a way out, let along seeing one... isn't always easy.

What this woman DOESN'T need, though, IMHO... is more "beating" from folks like us. Obviously, she is already unsure of herself... and thus her own POWER... most probably born of a deficiency in her own self-esteem (which might be traced back to HER upbringing/culture).

But she doesn't need judgment from us; I mean, what good is THAT going to do... for her OR her children? I left an emotionally abusive relationship almost 20 years, not because I was angry, per say... but because I was TIRED [of it and how it made me feel, literally]. Which reminds me of a "story" a dear one told me once, that I believe is very appropo in MOST abusive situations:

A young vacuum salesman was traveling down a country dirt road when he spotted an old house off to the side. Tired and thirty, he stopped off to maybe sell a vacuum, as well as get a drink of water. An old man came out and invited him up on the porch where the two sat chatting for a bit. While they chatted, the young man noticed that the man's dog, who was lying on the porch, would intermittently heave a huge sigh. The dog did this several times, which prompted the young man to ask, "Hey, what's wrong with your dog?" To which the man responded, "Nuthin'."

"Why does he keep sighing, then?" the young man asked.

"Oh, that - well, he's lying on a nail and it hurts," responded the man.

"A nail?!" cried the young man. "Well, why doesn't he get OFF of it?!"

"'Cause it don't hurt HARD ENOUGH," said the man.

I think you get my point: people rarely take steps to change their pain... until they can't bear it any longer. This woman apparently isn't there, yet. What will it take? None of us can say. It SHOULDN'T take as much as seems to be going on here but... well... again, none of us knows HER tolerance level. If she was similarly abused as a child, may be her tolerance is "high."

Just my $0.05...

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

AGUEST SAID

tired and thirsty (the young man)... sorry. Hit the "submit" button instead of the "preview"...

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:14 am 

OUTLAW SAID

Hey sKally..

It`s a sad situation..
The kids will suffer the worst..
I`m not much for giving mom a bad time she may be trying to figure things out..
Dad is a JW nazi..
I`ve seen plenty of those,male and female..
When I was a kid I never knew Field Service was mandatory until I refused to go one day..
I found out refusing had consequences..
That was the last time I refused..
The WBT$ uses free,forced child labour,disguised as a religion.
To further their Business Empire..

Hey Shelby..

I like the story about the dog..LOL!!..
So true..
It dosen`t hurt enough to move..
I think a lot of JW`s live like that..

.............................................OUTLAW

SKALLY SAID

u r funny shelby.

AGUEST SAID

Not sure how to take that, dear Skal (peace to you!): funny as in peculiar... or funny "ha-ha"... because although I included a "joke," could be you think my position... funny as in "interesting," perhaps given my... ummmmm... deep conviction about some things, including things like this.

If it's the latter, please know that my comments are based on what I read in the thread and so where it seems the OP is coming from, and nothing more. What her "situation" is... in her eyes, if not actually. Her words that "spanking is NOT illegal" where she is may play a HUGE part in her belief that she CAN'T leave or actually do anything about her husband's conduct. Not to say that she won't ever change that belief but because, again, if any who would potentially be a support system for her ALSO believe children SHOULD be spanked... for things like simply disobeying a parent... then she may be screwed, proverbially speaking.

In which case, debasing HER isn't going to help HER or her children. To the contrary, encouraging her, while letting her know that if she CAN change her situation she SHOULD... might, IMHO, might be a better tack toward helping her move TOWARD empowerment... and possible the right resolution. Whatever that happens to turn out to be.

Unfortunately, while certainly pulling at my heart strings, not every injustice raises a hasty gasp and "OMG" in my heart, dear one. Rather, some injustices call for a calm nature and response. The whole sometimes "you can choose to use honey and catch a fly or two... or choose to smashing them to smithereens with a fly swatter" kind of thing...

Of course, more info and I might have an absolutely different position. ()

Peace!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA