xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:32 am 
Site Admin

CRIMINY SAID

If you could make three quick arguments about why you believe the WTS is peddling false religion/ not what it claims to be, which topics would rise to the top of your list.

I thought of things like the NGO fiasco, false predictions, unscriptural shunning. Those topics may resonate well with minds that are already free or on the verge of being free, but what if you were trying to plant seeds in the mind of someone still trapped in the putrid cloud?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:32 am 

AGUEST SAID

Of course there are WAY more than three, but the three that stand out most to me, dear Crim (the greatest of love and peace to you!) are:

1. That they claim to follow Christ, yet claim that THEY are the "truth"... when Christ said HE is the truth (John 14:6);

2. That they claim that only a few who profess to follow/belong to Christ should partake of Christ's flesh and blood but others [who also make such claim] can/will live forever without doing so... yet Christ said that ANYONE could, ALL should, and one MUST... in order to be resurrected and live FOREVER (John 6:48-58; 15:1-7);

3. That the Bible is the "Word of God"... and the "truth that sets [us] free"... when the BIBLE says that CHRIST is that Word... and Christ said that HE is the truth that sets us free (John 1:1, 14; 8:32, 36; 17:17; Hebrews 13:12; Revelation 19:13)

In these, the WTBTS is:

a. "Seating themselves in the seat of Moses" (Matthew 23:2-10) and in essence making themselves the mediator between [some] men and God; and

b. "Shutting up the kingdom of the heavens before men" (Matthew 23:13-15)

By means of the "fornication" of those IN her who call themselves "anointed"... particularly the "hired man" of the GB... yet ALLOW the wicked "scribes" and Pharisaical "wolves" to snatch and scatter God's sheep, in HER, just an in her sisters, is found the blood of the holy ones... all over her hands and the lips of such "wolves". She is a harlot, a daughter of Babylon the Great, the "Mother" of the harlots... just as her sisters are harlots... and the means by which many "defile" themselves.

OUR job, then, is... and long with Christ, the Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:17) to KEEP calling to such ones so that they may perhaps HEAR... and SEPARATE themselves so as to QUIT touching that "unclean thing"... and perhaps be taken in by God as sons and daughters. To herald to them the GOOD news of the kingdom... NOT that God will vengefully annihilate those who do not listen to them at "Armageddon", but that the Way is OPEN... to ALL who might hear and "Come!" by means of the "ark" of a NEW Covenant... which is ratified by the blood of CHRIST... holy spirit! - (2 Corinthians 6:14-18; Isaiah 52:11; Jeremiah 31:31-34; 51:45; 1 John 2:26-29; Revelation 18:4-8; 22:17

Yes, I know, more than you asked for, dear one... but I can't help it: this is what comes out of MY heart's "abundance"!

Again, peace to you!

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:33 am 

VANDERHOVEN7 SAID

Criminy wrote:
If you could make three quick arguments about why you believe the WTS is peddling false religion/ not what it claims to be, which topics would rise to the top of your list.

I thought of things like the NGO fiasco, false predictions, unscriptural shunning. Those topics may resonate well with minds that are already free or on the verge of being free, but what if you were trying to plant seeds in the mind of someone still trapped in the putrid cloud?

Yes add to that the fact that the organization writes itself into the salvation formula; one must find and serve in the org. They are THE CHANNEL, when Jesus is THE WAY.

To whom shall we go they say, meaning themselves, whereas the disciples were talking about Jesus, not an organization.

The organization claims to mediate for the non-anointed other sheep when Jesus is the Mediator of all men.

Jesus cannot save without the organization; His hands are tied at Armageddon if you don't belong and serve the org, you will be destroyed.

"Come to the organization for salvation" is their false message.

JUSTMOM SAID

Briefly mentioned some...

The famous John10:16 read at memorial every year.......

"I have other sheep that are not of this fold; those also I must bring, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shephard."

They continually separate the two. 144,000 and great crowd. When Christ said they were separate and then he would bring them into "ONE" fold under "ONE" shephard and they too would be able to hear his voice not just the 144,000 so they too can enter into this new covenant and receive holy spirit not just the 144,000.
John chapter 6 says "ANYONE" is invited!!!
The opportunity is held out to all, regardless of the fear the organization has instilled in its sheep as to only "they" being worthy to enter into the covenant and partake. That is exactly where they want people. It puts them in the control as to where and who your salvation comes through and not "The Door/Truth/Way/Life =Christ"

I realize this has been covered alot already but it just continually annoys me as to what they truly are on the inside

Love justmom

PAULSACRAMENTO SAID

John 6 is a very intense chapter, a chapter where Jesus spells out and answers what one must do to be saved and shows that for many, they just can't do it.
They can't believe in Him and they can't "eat and drink of Him".
He says it point blank:
WHOEVER eats and drinks of me, I will raise to eternal life:

35 Jesus said to them, “(AV)I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me (AW)will never thirst. 36 But (AX)I said to you that you have seen Me, and yet do not believe. 37 (AY)All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. 38 For (AZ)I have come down from heaven, (BA)not to do My own will, but (BB)the will of Him who (BC)sent Me. 39 This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of (BD)all that He has given Me I (BE)lose nothing, but (BF)raise it up on the last day. 40 For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who (BG)beholds the Son and (BH)believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will (BI)raise him up on the last day.”

and:

47 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes (BU)has eternal life. 48 (BV)I am the bread of life. 49 (BW)Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. 50 This is the bread which (BX)comes down out of heaven, so that one may eat of it and (BY)not die. 51 (BZ)I am the living bread that (CA)came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, (CB)he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give (CC)for the life of the world is (CD)My flesh.”

Because Judas was not able to accept this, He fell away.
There is a lesson in this, those not able to accept that they must be one with Christ and eat and drink of Him, will eventually fall away.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:34 am 

HABUB SAID

great topic/comments! I'm loving this board. Thank you Shel/Tec.

Habub

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:34 am 

YPPUPLLEH SAID

What are the letters in parentheticals used for?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:35 am 

PAULSACRAMENTO SAID

Footnotes and cross references from the site I posted the verse from:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... rsion=NASB

AGUEST SAID

Good to see you, peace to you... and we're glad you are enjoying yourself here, dear Habub!

Peace!

Su sirviente, compañera de estudios, y un esclava de Cristo,

SA

CHARIKLO SAID

Because I'm new to this forum, i'vebeen browsing and had a look at this thread.

Here is the thing that was crying out to me as deeply wrong, from the moment they set me to study the book "Keep Yourself In God's Love". Indirectly, it was the thing that finally enabled me to free myself from the grip of the organisation and those apparently love-bombing and befriending me but who were in reality trying to control everything in my life and separate me from my family and friends.

The very concept behind that book is fundamentally flawed. We do not have to keep ourselves in God's love. The love of God our Heavenly Father is immeasurable and all-encompassing. Jesus explicitly told the story of the shepherd who searched for the lost sheep to show that God does not want any one of us to get lost. He loves us all. Jesus died to save us all.

Furthermore, he set in place a new covenant, superseding the old. Over and again, he would point out that while Moses taught in such a way, he was bringing a new teaching. The Watchtower almost ignores this concept, with their constant harking back to the Old Testsment, almost to the detriment of the New.

The next worst doctrine of the Watchtower, to me, is their idiotic insistence on the 144,000, and their denial of a life in heaven for any but the select few whom they wrongly, without any basis, call the anointed.

Other wrong teachings....mighty clangers, if you like, would include their nonsense about Armageddon, the appalling view of God as a vindictive being. Who will be willing and pleased to wipe out most of mankind, babies and all, but will save those who follow the Watchtower.

It's madness. I suspect it is a collective insanity that history will look back upon with incredulity.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:36 am 

JUSTMOM SAID

Hello C

....and I hear ya! Your right! I'm not familar with the book "Keep yourself in Gods love." I must have left before it was released. Been out for almost 15 years.

Thanks for sharing. Crazy concepts. But I was raised from 6 yrs old til about 36, and when your around it your whole life and parents drumming it into you, it actually makes sense if you can imagine that!?

But freedom from the WT is awesome. My prayers are that many more wake up and leave for the "real truth" THE CHRIST and are led to him and not linger outside or on the fence of the WT with so much baggage that prevents them from being really happy. The invitation is open for
everyone to "Come those that are hungering and thirsting for righteousness" and its FREE! (and nothing is free in this world)

With Love
justmom