xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:15 am 

AGUEST SAID

May you all have peace!

That question was raised on another site, in light of the WTBTS' new position as stated that their recent Annual Meeting (among other new positions). Here is a link to the OP, which I would like to offer a response here because I think it's noteworthy (and so's I stay out of trouble - LOLOL!):

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchto ... DS-in-1973

I believe the answer was given by Mr. Carey Barber when he and I spoke some years ago. At that time, Mr. Barber informed me, with some consternation, that "the Governing Body hasn't had anything to do with [what's in] the Watchtower since 1972!" Why did he say this? Because I had asked him to pass on something I received from my Lord to the Governing Body. However, it was NOT the GB that any such information was to be passed on to, reviewed... or APPROVED by.

And so this was quite surprising: how can the GB not have anything to do with the Watchtower, the organization's signature publication? Well, I asked and he responded: in anticipation of 1975, six committees were formed to take over the work of the "anointed" GB... who, at that time, anticipated going to heaven to "be with Jesus." One of those committees was the Writing Committee... which oversees the Writing Department. THAT's where my information* had to go; NOT to the GB (and although Mr. Barber promised me he would pass it on, I've no idea if he ever did).

Per Mr. Barber, the responsibility for the WT (and I've no doubt ALL of the publications)... the information and writing... was fully turned over to the Writing Committee and its Writing Department in 1972... anticipation if 1975. He also informed us (as has the WT magazine) that those on that Committee, while "anointed", are not necessarily on the GB; however, at least one GB member is on that Committee.

What does this mean? The notes included in the above thread give us some clue:

Quote:
"The Faithful and Discreet Slave is a small group of anointed brothers during Jesus’ presence serving at Watchtower Headquarters who are directly involved in the preparing and dispensing of spiritual food. The individual members of the Governing Body are not the Faithful and Discreet Slave. They only act as the Faithful and Discreet Slave when they are working as a collective body in making decisions regarding the dispensing of spiritual food."

Notice, the "individual members" if the GB are NOT the FDS; that group only ACTS as the FDS when, as a body, they make decisions regarding the DISPENSING [of spiritual food]. Which means what? Which means they decide:

1. What ultimately gets dispensed (what articles!), if it even does ("Okay, yes, we can/will PUBLISH - dispense - that, but no we can't/won't PUBLISH - dispense - that," etc.); and

2. The media and method to dispense (i.e., book, tract, CD, multiple versions (i.e., public WT vs. study WT), etc.

In contrast, the WTBTS FDS are:

1. Those of "a small group of [anointed] brothers" (hence, all male)

2. Serving at Watchtower Headquarters (hence, not at a branch, etc.)

3. Directly involved in the preparing (and these two are KEY)

4. And dispensing [of spiritual food]... which they do THROUGH their Agent/PUBLISHER... the WTBTS and its GB!

This is one of the reasons I attended law school, dear ones: to be able to decipher THEIR "legal-speak." Because while it's one thing to be able to decipher regular, non-WTBTS legal-speak, it's another to be able to decipher WTBTS speak. It's an entirely OTHER thing... to be able to decipher their legal speak - one would have to know both legal-speak AND WTBTS lingo (how many attorneys do YOU know would understand your reference to "the Governing Body" and "Faithful and Discreet Slave"? I wager that very few would).

And what is being said here is legalese, in THEIR language. It is their way of saying that the GB is NOT the FDS... but only ACTS as such... by acting as the AGENT of the FDS... in deciding how the "food" is ultimately dispensed! THEY don't "prepare" it. Indeed, as Mr. Barber said, they have nothing to DO with the WRITING of the WT.

Who, then is that entity, the "FDS", for THEM (the GB... or whoever controls them)?

It is [someone(s)] who (1) is directly involved in what is issued by the Writing Department; and (2) serves on the Writing Committee; but (3) may not be on the GB (which approves the form/method and ultimate publication of the dispensation)!

Mr. Barber told me that the WT is derived from already published articles, which are simply recycled. He said that "how" it's done was set forth "in the video" ("Jehovah's Witnesses - The Organization Behind the Name"). To see for ourselves, another sister and I reviewed... and reviewed... and reviewed... that video to see what he meant. We had to... because it took us watching it 3 times to see it... because the information was only about 5 seconds long... and ensconced between much lengthier spots of information.

But it's there: the Writing Department simply takes old articles, reviews them for [WTBTS] accuracy, edits them to bring them up to date, if necessary. As of 1972.

So, for the WTBTS, who really IS their "FDS"?

If there indeed IS such an entity (and, truthfully, I don't know that there is but is actually nothing more than a ruse used to "mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones" by establishing a "phantom" authority, whose AGENT is the "GB"... another level of "authority")... it would be the member(s) of the Writing Committee, of which at least one is a GB member (if that is even still a requirement).

I hope this helps and, again, I bid you all peace!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:16 am 

AGUEST SAID

The issue I took to Mr. Barber ("Bethel") was that when we die we do NOT atone for our sins and so the teaching that our death cleanses us of our sins is false. Neither our death nor OUR blood can atone... for anything or anyone. If either could... then we should all just die and be absolved... and get on with living the "next" life. We cannot resurrect ourselves, however, and so once we die... we have paid the "wage" for our sin, yes, but... we remain dead. We do not get a NEW life.

The NEW life is a GIFT... from God... and not a reward in "payment" for dying, as the WTBTS falsely teaches. The only way we can RECEIVE that gift... is through Christ. By means of HIM... we can be reconciled to God so as to receive the GIFT... of life... by means of resurrection:

Most truly I say to ​YOU, Unless ​YOU​ eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, ​YOU​ have no life in yourselves. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day;" John 6:53, 54

"I... am the resurrection... and the life. He that exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life;" John 11:25

To teach that one pays for ones sins such that one will receive life AGAIN... be born... AGAIN... without Christ... is a lie. Because HOW can such ones live if, as Christ said, they "have NO life in [themselves]"? They cannot. HE is the life... and unless ones eat and drink of HIM... they will not be resurrected... to LIFE. They will be resurrected, yes... but to judgment. (The "sheep" who do good to Christ's brothers are not resurrected - rather, they are alive when separated from the "goats" and thus, like those who belong to Christ but have not died when he returns... never die.)

I want them to correct this false teaching because they were (and still are) teaching that our blood... yours and mine... is sufficient to cleanse us of our sins. Meaning, if we die, then OUR blood has atoned for us. That is a lie. One One's blood can do that: the blood of the Lamb, the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... whose blood was shed for that very purpose: to repurchase any who put faith in IT... and in HIM.

I hope this helps and I apologize for the detour but thought some might want to know why I spoke with Mr. Barber in the first place.

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:17 am 

ANTHONY SAID

I'm glad you took the time to retype out that communication with Barber. I wonder how much has changed with this new Governing Body, which seems rather committed to being more prominent figureheads than the last bunch.

I agree that the language of this "new light" is purposefully vague. However, I do feel that the new change is meant to imply that the Faithful & Discreet Slave is the Governing Body.

The more interesting thing to me is the new concept that the FDS didn't exist prior to 1919. The apostles and even Charles Russell get a demotion in that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:18 am 

ANTHONY SAID

Someone followed up on JWD with some more notes from the Annual Meeting. Note how Jackson describes the writing process, especially the emphasis on the Governing Body. (http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/frie ... MORE-notes)

--

Jeoff Jackson - How Is Spiritual Food Prepared?

2 principles;1: Dan12:4 Always make continuous, careful search. 2:. 1Co r4:6, 'don't go beyond the things that are written'. Where do the ideas come from(always asked). There is no hole in the ceiling of the GB conference room! Receive reports from branchs, Zone, and other travelling overseers. Also the GB are constantly reading the bible personally. Others assist in writing. All editorial work is 'closely supervised' by GB. All GB read 2 or 3 times all the material before it is dispensed. Key Point- When an individual GB member submits an article, it is not spiritual food until it undergoes at least 70 steps. [In a later talk by Bro. Splane, he admitted that some of his articles after submission needed 'life support and some didn't make it'].Thereby no one member of GB can influence matters on his own. What if question about current understanding of a truth? GB assign brothers to research, then GB reconsider, pray about it. "No yes men on the GB". Robust discussion. "If GB can't all agree, matter put on hold. Some things are put on hold for years, until ALL are moved by HS!!" [Wonder what other things are in the 'pending file'. One brother at HQ said to me afterwards that there are quite a few! Who knows how long this knew thought on Matt24 was in the pending file??] Need to show courage to change our understanding of long held, sometime cherished beliefs. EG brothers with Xmas, cross and birthdays. Keep in mind that the truth hasn't changed, only our understanding of it!

AGUEST SAID

Well, there you go, dear Ant (peace to you!). Good Lordy... who knows WHAT to believe (anymore, if they ever did)?? These yahoos can't even get their own lies... ummm, I mean stories... together!

Why would holy spirit tell them different things? Why do the others have to corroborate it... if it came from holy spirit?? If one said, "Well, holy spirit helped me to know/see/understand"... either that's true... and the others should put faith in it (or, heck, ASK)... and "dispense" it... or it's a lie. Which means the one claiming it is blaspheming.

Ah, well... nothing new under the sun with these yahoos. Ever.

Peace... and thank you for the additional info!

Su sirviente, compañera de estudios, y un esclava de Cristo,

SA

MEDEWTYSENU SAID

This new letter made me think that the Governing Body truly is setting themselves up as an object of worship. (Matthew 24:25) Not only are there supposedly songs in the new song book giving praise to the Governing Body but now you have this 8 person male only committee trying to supplant the 12,000+ anointed spread all over the Earth and they're suggesting in this letter that it is themselves (not Christ) who are the mediators between God and humans. Truly astounding. I had often wondered how this might work itself out and now we can see a self serving pattern. If others cannot see it and do not leave the Organization then there is no excuse for them.

I honestly hope that the many Witnesses still in will discern what is going on and that this Org is no longer concerned with dispensing spiritual food but more interested in dispensing Kool-Aid (if you get the reference).

YS and FSofC
Morgan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:19 am 

OUTLAW SAID

WBT$ songs about the 8 WBT$ Governing Popes/8 WBT$ Golden Calves??????..
Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!..
This is getting to be too much!.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:19 am 

PAULSACRAMENTO SAID

Quote:
anthony wrote:
Someone followed up on JWD with some more notes from the Annual Meeting. Note how Jackson describes the writing process, especially the emphasis on the Governing Body. (http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/frie ... MORE-notes)

--

Jeoff Jackson - How Is Spiritual Food Prepared?

2 principles;1: Dan12:4 Always make continuous, careful search. 2:. 1Co r4:6, 'don't go beyond the things that are written'. Where do the ideas come from(always asked). There is no hole in the ceiling of the GB conference room! Receive reports from branchs, Zone, and other travelling overseers. Also the GB are constantly reading the bible personally. Others assist in writing. All editorial work is 'closely supervised' by GB. All GB read 2 or 3 times all the material before it is dispensed. Key Point- When an individual GB member submits an article, it is not spiritual food until it undergoes at least 70 steps. [In a later talk by Bro. Splane, he admitted that some of his articles after submission needed 'life support and some didn't make it'].Thereby no one member of GB can influence matters on his own. What if question about current understanding of a truth? GB assign brothers to research, then GB reconsider, pray about it. "No yes men on the GB". Robust discussion. "If GB can't all agree, matter put on hold. Some things are put on hold for years, until ALL are moved by HS!!" [Wonder what other things are in the 'pending file'. One brother at HQ said to me afterwards that there are quite a few! Who knows how long this knew thought on Matt24 was in the pending file??] Need to show courage to change our understanding of long held, sometime cherished beliefs. EG brothers with Xmas, cross and birthdays. Keep in mind that the truth hasn't changed, only our understanding of it!

Wow, just like the council of cardinals !
LMAO !!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:20 am 

AGUEST SAID

(Shaking head)... too bad... too bad...

Peace!

A slave of Christ...THE Faithful... and TRUE Witness...

SA