xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:15 am 

I just found this over on reddit and I had to laugh it`s so ridiculous.
It`s a WBT$ Governing Body Update.

Quote:
So, if you haven’t heard , 3 main changes happened today on the governing body update # 2. Sisters can now wear pants , so long as they don’t have an assignment and brothers can be without ties and jackets as well with the same stipulations . But the most telling update was their changed stance on treatment of disfellowshipped ones .

Of course shunning is still a thing , but it has now softened . You can now greet a df member at the hall . As long as you aren’t having an extended conversation , then it’s ok . It will be interesting seeing how elders will micromanage and determine what is an extended conversation .

This is still not a great arrangement , but it’s better than being completely ignored at the hall . Treatment of known apostates remains the same . But it’s interesting how this update came shortly after watchtower lost the appeal in Norway . There is no doubt correlation . Watchtower is cracking to pressure and this was them compromising .

So activists , please keep up the work ! Watchtower will only get more desperate and it’s certainly showing!

The WBT$ loss of Government Funding in Norway. Obviously caused the change for for treating Disfellowshipped JW`s like human beings...It wasn`t done because the WBT$ suddenly has a heart...It`s ABOUT MONEY.

Women can wear pants, guys can go without a tie and jacket. Is because of the huge losses in Kingdom Hall Attendance...JW`s have had Zoom for so long not many are showing up at the KH...Some JW`s can`t even be bothered to watch Zoom anymore...LOL!!
The WBT$ is Hemorrhaging JW Membership, Participation, Donations and Free Labour...

I`m guessing being able to Celebrate Birthdays will be next, as long as no heads are chopped off...LOL!!...I have Zero Doubt more changes are coming. To try and halt the massive Exodus of JW`s walking away from the WBT$.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:46 am 

OMG!! There`s MORE...LOL!!

The WBT$ GB Update Video was Just Dropped today...Of course I had to go look..
The Guy Giving the Update is WBT$ Governing Body "Rock Star" Pope, Mark Sanderson.

Sanderson is Wearing a Full Beard and a Tie Displaying the Colours of the Norwegian Flag...

The Watchtower must want that Norwegian Government Funding, Really, REALLY BAD!!!
Can You Believe It?!!...It`s right there for everyone to see...I wonder how many JW`s will make the connection...LOL!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:52 am 

Peace to you, dear Sher'f, and thanks for sharing this!

In order for any religion to survive it has to be able to pivot. Even the WTBTS, while trying to appear to be unchanging (cheah, right!), they've been "adapting" since 1919. Remember, they call it "tacking" - LOLOLOLOL!

I am understanding that people in general WANT religion. WANT to "belong" to a religion. And for 2 main reasons:

1. They want to be approved by mankind (family, friends, community, society) and most of mankind belong to a religion (although MANY do NOT believe in God); and

2. (For those who believe in [a] god) They believe (and fear) that the only alternative is atheism. So, better to belong to SOME religion than deny the existence of [a] God. The whole, how does it go, "better to ask for forgiveness later than permission now," thing. Counting on the Father's mercy. And maybe they'll be shown that mercy, not up to us to say.

I realize how difficult it must be for those who were born/raised in that Harlot, the impact her leaders made on such ones' lives, either directly or indirectly (i.e., through parents, siblings, other family, "friends", etc.).

Admittedly, it's also nice, even cathartic for some, to see more and more proof that they are not who and what they say they are but, again, just another religion led by false prophets and false "christs" (anointed).

Hopefully, for any who might miss the "fellowship", to maintain their love of and for the truth/Truth, the separation it's a (very) small price to pay.

Again, thank you for sharing and MUCH love and peace to you, dear Auntie, and the Fam!

YSFS of Christ,

Shelb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:29 pm 

It would seem JW`s are Rejoicing over the new Rules / Beliefs...
The popular belief of the Beards For Men and Slacks for Women among JW`s is...
Watchtower is making these changes to Protect JW`s During the Great Tribulation..

Beards and Slacks will help JW`s Blend In with the Rest of the World. When the Authorities inevitably attack JW`s...Beards and Slacks will make JW`s Nearly Impossible to find..

I felt Brain Cells Dying as I typed that..You would think "Surely no one can be that stupid".

Unfortunately There are Millions of JW`s Who Are.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:42 pm 

Peace to you dear Outlaw and Shelby,

AS TO THIS…

Beards and Slacks will help JW`s Blend In with the Rest of the World. When the Authorities inevitably attack JW`s...Beards and Slacks will make JW`s Nearly Impossible to find..

So much for being in the world but “no part of the world.” LOLOL!

Ahh well, not a bit surprised. Thank you for sharing,

Love, your sister servant and slave of Christ,
kim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:17 pm 

Some of the reasons from JW`s, for JW Women to Wear Slacks is Hilarious...
This One is Gold..
Quote:
"The governing body is allowing sisters to wear pants at the meeting and in service because if there is ever a situation during the great tribulation or Armageddon where sisters need to run, it's easier to run in pants than it is a dress."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:10 pm 

Peace to you, dear Kimmie!

I went back and for some reason, when I re-read "Sisters can now wear pants , so long as they don’t have an assignment and brothers can be without ties and jackets as well with the same stipulations," multi-colored bell-bottoms, nehru jackets and peace symbols, and afros came to mind - LOLOLOLOLOL! Then I remembered, afros were okay at one point - LOLOLOL!

I just giggle, though, when I picture them goin' ALL worldly and mainstream and sportin' nehru jackets with honkin' big neckchains with crosses. Because, of course, "OUR crosses are BIGGER than YOUR crosses, you other Christians!" ROTFLMHO!!!!

Oh my, oh my (wipes away tear).

Needed that - LOLOLOL!

Peace to you both, dear Kimmie and Sher'f!

YSFS of Christ,

Shel