xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:29 am 

I just got this from Reddit exJW.
I thought our forum here might find it interesting.

The WBT$ "TELLS" JW`s which Hotels they Approve Of and Should Stay In. When they go to an Out of Town JW Assembly...I read a lot of complaints that JW`s could have gotten a Better Deal, Elsewhere...

So What`s the Reason the WBT$ Demands JW`s Stay at Certain Hotels?
This Video does a Good Job of Explaining WHY...
Quote:
This leaked hotel rooming department training video circa 2017 proves Watch Tower get free deluxe VIP hotel rooms for special guests from HQ in New York.

To Watch the Video...Click the Link Below⬇️
https://packaged-media.redd.it/ih813fnmnrvb1/pb/m2-res_478p.mp4?m=DASHPlaylist.mpd&v=1&e=1698001200&s=ad6095a4da11622016d4909285af5e574fd839e2#t=0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:39 am 

The Watchtower Society is a corrupt corporation, it has been for many years but now with the internet they can’t hide it as well.

I still remember back in 1978 I was trying to book rooms for myself and a few others because we were going there together for the District assembly in Montreal that summer. We were taking the train from Toronto to get there. I had two children under 4 years old and I was 6 months pregnant, another Sister had two children under 5 years old, one was a baby. There was also my Mother and a young single sister. Anyway my Mom said I had to book through the watchtower arrangement, she made out like it was a major sin not to do it that way. They gave us rooms way out by the airport, really cheap yukky ones plus we would have to rent a car and pay for parking never mind fight traffic every morning and evening to get out of downtown Montreal. I was appalled and said that we had babies and no males in our group to help us, the voice at the other end was a monotone of not caring about us, just that’s the offering, you have to take it. There was no discount either for the rooms, I could have got something downtown in a nice hotel for the same price but my Mom said NO! So we suffered through it but I was totally disgusted and could hardly believe how much they didn’t care.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:40 am 

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{SHUDDER}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I almost can't even allow myself to think of them about this, right now, as it utterly turns my stomach... because, I knew about it (but had convinced myself of that whole WTBTS leaders were "workers worthy of their wage" BS. End of digression.

I am VERY sorry that you experienced that, dear Zoe (peace to you, dear sister!). And I totally "feel' you, here. Because I can recall the one time when it was only my kids and myself, a district assembly at the Cow Palace in South SF (over 150 miles away) was coming up... and they announced the availability of financial assistance from the podium. Praise 'Jehovah' (cheah, right!). After the meeting, I quietly and discreetly (because I don't want MY bizness out there) went up to the "elder" in charge of handing out applications. A black man, married to a white woman (wait, it'll make sense that I include this tidbit in a sec).

Now, those who know me KNOW that I don't ask ANYONE for ANYTHING... if I can help it/get it myself which, with JaH and Christ's help, I have pretty much always been able to do. It's just not "me" to ask OR take. But we "had" to go (right?) and so, I had to find a way. THIS seemed to be the answer.

So, yeah, I walk up to this *ssh*le (sorry for my expression but I'll explain that in a bit, as well!) and ask for an application. That jerk looked down his nose at me, then made his nose and lips shape as if he smelled something "bad" (hence, the whole "he was black, married to a white lady" - I, then, apparently, was "beneath" his... no, I won't call him what I truly wish to) and proceeded to ask me if I "really" needed assistance, that instead I should be "rely(ing) on 'Jehovah'... rather than burdening (yes, the... no, I won't call him what I want to this time... said I'd be BURDENING) the congregation."

Talk about feeling humiliated!

See, I "gave" in that dang contribution box every extra cent I had at EVERY meeting - Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, before field service, etc. Virtually any time I was in the KH. I bought EVERY book. My kids and I placed a GAZILLION magazines and put EVERY dime in the dang "worldwide work" (or whatever it was called) box, if not the local KH box. ANY money I had available to me went to that harlot and her babies. But, me and my children would be BURDENING the congregation if we requested help to attend a district convention over 150 miles away and requiring several days of motel fees.

Well, we drove, of course, back and forth each day. Who had money for a motel???? Thankfully, somehow, MIRACULOUSLY IMHO, I was able to keep gas in the tank and buy food (for before and after - back then, lunch and snacks were free at the assembly). And from that point on, I never asked ANY JW... in my congregation or any other, for ANYTHING (except for the use of a car, once, shortly after coming out). AND I kept on giving (including a TON of food - when I had single sisters with kids over I would always pack up the leftovers and send them home with. To this very day, I still pack up leftovers and send all home with our guests).

They. Make. Me. Sick. I. Hate. Them. Well, what they represent and "stand" for. And do.

Again, I am SO sorry what occurred with you did, dear Zoe, and SO glad you have escaped that unclean thing.

May the undeserved kindness and mercy of our God and Father, JaH Who Breathes... and the love and peace of His dear Son, our Lord, Master, Savior, and King, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JaH'eShua... be upon you AND your entire household to time indefinite!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:29 pm 

Zoe & Shelby...

Wow!...Those are Terrible Stories!..
I am SO Sorry you were both put through that...Unbelievable but considering the WBT$, Believable.

I just got more info on this subject...
If you`re a Bethelite, you don`t have much money..So you may get assigned to a Comp Room...
If Your a Special Guest (Somebody with Money)...You`re asked to Donate what you would have paid for the Comp Room to the WBT$...The WBT$ got for FREE...

Mom`s with Kids, Single Mom`s with Kids, the WBT$ Isn`t concerned about any of you...
Fend For Yourselves!

The WBT$ Wants the Guy Who will Pay for a Comp Room...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:40 am 

Thank you and yep, dear Sher'f - Nail on the head (peace to you, dear friend!).

Unfortunately, unless and until folks figure out there is no "where" else to go, but only a whom, the choices are stay and turn a blind eye (and keep making excuses), or leave and become spiritually ship-wrecked. Of course, the blind eye option seems safer. That is, until one considers Revelation 18:4-8.

In which case, such ship-wreck MIGHT be survivable, at least to the extent one showed mercy to others (Matthew 5:7; 12:7; 18:33; 23:23; Luke 10:30-37; 18:13; Romans 1:31; 9:15-18; James 2:13. Unfortunately, mercy is not a foremost trait of JWs, so...

Peace to you, dear friend, and to dear Auntie and the Fam!

YSFS of Christ,

Shelb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:37 pm 

Oh My Goodness Shelby, that is terrible, way worse than my experience but I totally can see it happening. A lot of them are so self righteous and with absolutely no compassion. I saw so much of that happening after that assembly, it kept coming at me and I totally lost my faith in them. By their works you will know them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:46 pm 

I just got more info on this subject...
If you`re a Bethelite, you don`t have much money..So you may get assigned to a Comp Room...
If Your a Special Guest (Somebody with Money)...You`re asked to Donate what you would have paid for the Comp Room to the WBT$...The WBT$ got for FREE...

Outlaw that sounds about right, they are terrible hypocrites, and yet the rank and file still keep believing in them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:19 pm 

Way off the subject of this thread but when Shelby told the story about the Black “brother” with a white wife and him thinking that made him superior it reminded me of a few incidents of racism I experienced when I was in the “Truth”.

I think a lot of JW’s are racist, am I wrong? My parents were totally UBER witnesses and thought it was wonderful that so many black people were becoming witnesses. BUT when we went to a Assembly the summer of 1963 when I was 15 years old in I think Milwaukee but I remember being at something in Jackson Michigan too, that was 60 years ago so those details are foggy but I will always remember that they were horrified that I met a very nice sweet black boy and was sitting with him for a session one day. I was so confused, I said I thought we didn’t see race differences. He was just a person to me, I thought he was so handsome and so polite, that’s all I saw. They babbled on and on about how it was absolutely not a matter of that, just would cause problems etc etc. We lived in a small all white town in Canada, there wasnt any black people within 200 miles in those days. I never forgot that or that they were hypocrites.

Another incident of racism came up when I was grown up, I will tell you about it tomorrow. I am too tired right now to type more.