Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:11 am 

AGUEST SAID

May you all have peace!

Dear Shirley W posted this on JWN and asked me to copy it to here for you all:

Ran into "one of the anointed" from my childhood congregation

I always knew that he and his wife live in the same vicinity as I do now, (I've been in same apt for 23 years) and would occasionally see them in the neighborhood. Today I decided to go to a supermarket a few blocks away from me, but closer to where they live, so on the checkout line guess who was in front of me, I didn't say anything till we were both outside the store, he didn't recognize me of course, since the last time I saw them at the HallI I was in Junior High School.

After mentioning my parents names so he would remember me it finally kicked in, I asked him if they were still associated, because so many haven't been to the KH in decades but for some reason still consider themselves JWs. He said he and his wife "walked away" in the early 80's. Wanted SO BAD to ask him how he knew he was among one of the anointed, but now that I've broken the ice, I can do that at another time.

Two incidents he mentioned to me aided in their walking away: His mother lived in Ohio and rented out the upper floor of her home to someone who has studied with the JDubs previously and started studying again, so of course in her eyes he was on his way to being baptized, instead this guy killed my friends mother, it even brought tears to his eyes this afternoon as he was telling me this, and yes he was convicted and serving time for this.

Another thing was after I asked how his wife's sister and her husband were doing he told me that this guy asked his wife if he could separate from her for two years (not one year, but two) to see if things would work out with him with another sister in the congregation, by the way, he was an elder at the time.

To some of you the above may be shocking but then to others I'm sure you have stories that would even top this !!

Have to mention though, the one thing I'll never forget about the Bro. was one Sunday when he was giving the talk, he is the first person I've ever seen on the stage excuse themselves because he had to go to the bathroom !!

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:13 am 

JUSTMOM SAID

Well dear Shirley

I have to say......there would have been a time I might have been shocked But so sad to say that I am not a bit surprised at any stories I hear! I'm truly sorry for your friends mother as this is a terrible tragedy.

Just another casualty and sad story that emphasizes to all of us how completely screwed up these people are as a product of this organization.

with sympathy Justmom

P.S. my sympathy comes also from a conversation my husband had today with his younger brother (It has been about 14 years since they have had one this long.) He is disfellowshipped AGAIN for being UNFAITHFUL with the same person AGAIN. Him and his wife are not together. She drinks heavily, takes prescription meds in excess , for the pain, (she has many other unresolved issues) BUT>>>>>> he told MY husband who called just to say he was there for him and loved him...."He loved us but he was on a different path spiritually LOL (they don't see it)" and there will never be any friendship between them!"
So.....his life is "effed" up, not happy, never has been with his wife of 20 years, disfellowshipped again not with his family BUT....he has his shit together!??? Go figure!

sigh.......again Love justmom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:13 am 

JUSTMOM SAID

Good Morning to all of you lovely people...

Just wanted to apologize how harshly I came off last night in my post. I realize that none of us are perfect. Things can happen to any of us.
I was mixed with a little too much "anger" and "hurt" and said more than I should have in a judgemental way.

So... just wanted to share everyones feelings and emotions on this "evil" organization but forgive me for seeming to judge our families.

With sincere apologies
Justmom