xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:04 am 

"You can kick my out of your congregation, brothers, but you have NO authority to remove me from the Body of Christ?"

Or something along those lines?

Probably some or you have. Watching Ray's jc video, it just seems like it would be the right thing to say. In the hopes that they might see that they are doing as the pharisees did in the first century, and what Christ warned would happen to those who DO belong to Him. As well as perhaps make them see (or even just think for a moment) that the congregation and the Body of Christ are two very different/opposite things. One being of men... and the other being of Christ - of which they do not have authority over. Maybe even get them to consider that they, in fact, are overstepping themselves.

Peace to you all,

tammy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:05 am 

OUTLAW SAID

Good Evening tec..

JW`s believe they are screwed without the WBT$..
A person who "Is" the living Church of Jesus,is inconceivable to JW`s..
They have been taught they need an organization to get anywhere near Jesus and..
That can be taken away at any time..
Thats why a board like this is so important to people who want to be Christians..

I have no Idea why as an Agnostic..
I can Comprehend the Idea of Christians being a Living Church..And..
Most Believers don`t get it..

WILLIAM SAID

No, I was still a child when they threw me out I remember, calling Brother Wilson a pervert and told him he was NOT my father and he had no rights to question me about right and wrong. It wasn't until many many years later that I figured out that my access to the body of Christ was still available to me.

They got me good. And, sometimes still do.

TEC SAID

Quote:
OUTLAW wrote:
Good Evening tec..

They have been taught they need an organization to get anywhere near Jesus and..
Thats why a board like this is so important to people who want to be Christians..

................................... ...OUTLAW

Maybe because you don't have fear blinding you, Outlaw?

And Will, yes, I can totally understand that. I'm glad you know (though perhaps you have moments of doubt) that they had no authority over the Body of Christ, and that the invitation is there for you to COME, and take the free gift of life.

I think those are the words that my Lord gave to me when I watched those proceedings. That SHOULD be said to those men. Because those men, that organization, have no authority over those who belong to Him.

Peace to you both,

tammy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:06 am 

OUTLAW SAID

Quote:
Maybe because you don't have fear blinding you, Outlaw? .....te
c

Ya..
I`m not good with bullies,I won`t put up with BS..
I can be a Pain in the Ass that way..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:06 am 

PAULSACRAMENTO SAID

Quote:
OUTLAW wrote:
Good Evening tec..

................................... ...OUTLAW

From what I gather, looking from the outside in, the hardest thing for a JW to be is NOT a sheep.
They seem to need to be told what to read, how to interpret it, in short, who and what and how to believe and for some, perhaps many/most, that is a source of great comfort to them.
Their salvation is spelled out by the GB:
Put in your time on service, be baptized under the organization, follow our rules and we will mediate for you and your salvation.
The responsibility is simply to attend the meetings , go on service and follow the rules, in short, follow Man and Man will take care of the rest.
The are instilled with this false notion of KNOWING the bible, when they know nothing of it, but they are ok because "it is to hard for normal people to grasp" anyways.

The typical cult works because, I am sorry yo say, the people in it are too lazy to take the responsibility for themselves and their own salvation.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:07 am 

TEC SAID

Quote:
OUTLAW wrote:
Quote:
Maybe because you don't have fear blinding you, Outlaw? .....tec

Ya..
I`m not good with bullies,I won`t put up with BS..
I can be a Pain in the Ass that way..

.................................... ...OUTLAW

LOl, well yeah, I got that.

I meant you don't have the fear of God or Christ that they have instilled in their followers, so that people think speaking against the religion is speaking against God or Christ.

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:07 am 

OUTLAW SAID

Good morning tec..

From a young age I never bought into "Answers you couldn`t question".
That got me into a lot of trouble at home..LOL!!
You never question the WBT$..

I continued to see the constant BS in the Kingdom Halls growing up..
There wasn`t much I could do about it..
I was surrounded by WatchTarded JW adults..

I got older..
I moved out and got my own place..
One day there was a breaking point..
I wasn`t going to put up with any more WatchTarded BS..
I never went back after that..
I wasn`t DA or DF..
I was just gone..

I paid dearly for that..
No one walks away from the WBT$ without losing friends and family..
It was worth it..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:08 am 

AGUEST SAID

Lazy, yes, to some point, dear P (the greatest of love and peace to you!), perhaps even a great point. I think, though, that the number one thing they use is fear... through their teaching on "Armageddon." They throw that destiny around like no bodies' business... consistently using events portrayed in the Bible to further instill it.

Sheep are notoriously "stupid", yes, when compared to other animals, because they (1) need to be led to and from pasture (vs. other animals who know when it's time to go home... and where home is)... and (2) cannot defend themselves against their predators (unlike goats and other animals that at least try to fight back, buck, kick, run, nimbly climb rocks, etc.).

Shepherds, some of whom are hired, have a responsibility to the OWNER of the sheep, however, to care for them and protect them from harm... not be the SOURCE of the harm. That's what they're SUPPOSED to be being paid for. The "hired man" shepherds, however, don't truly CARE for the sheep... and so they just let the "wolves" have at them. Because, well, it ain't THEIR sheep, right? So, they're not gonna put their OWN lives on the line... and risk mauling/death for someone else's sheep.

It isn't a matter of the sheep thinking for themselves, though; it's a matter of the sheep LISTENING... for and to the call of their TRUE Owner, the FINE Shepherd... who DOES care for them, fights off wolves for them, indeed, gives his LIFE for them... rather than to the voice(s) of "strange" shepherds.

And that is where their laziness comes in: rather than making the effort the DISCERN the calls... and the difference between them... and LISTEN to/for the call of the TRUE shepherd/owner... they just go along with any ol' call. From practically any ol' shepherd. To their own detriment, unfortunately, as the WRONG call leads them right TO the wolves... by whom they are "snatched and scattered."

THAT's why they're considered "stupid" - they literally walk right into the trap.

Too bad... too bad...

Again, peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:08 am 

PAULSACRAMENTO SAID

Hmmm, I guess that sheep is the right name for JW's then Shel.
It hurts me though, it hurts me to see it and to be a part of it, even if only as an observer.
Oh I know that there is "strength" in numbers and that being amongst believers of the same religion is what keeps them in it, they love the "camaraderie" the "fellowship" ( of course point out that every religion has that too and they will ignore it) and I understand that.
But still, it pains me to see my loved ones in this, even if the short term gain appears to be good for them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:09 am 

AGUEST SAID

Quote:
I guess that sheep is the right name for JW's then Shel.

(Smile) That truly is what at I heard, dear P (the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one!)... and so suggested here (and for the website). That sheep is what would appeal to... and be recognizable by... those "seeking" (when "wheat" came up, my spirit bore witness with that, too, as the two are similar). Unfortunate, perhaps, but given the need of sheep (to be led) it was accurate and appropriate.

The GOOD thing is that my Lord has helped me understand this... that sheep need to be led... which is one reason why I look to him... rather than leaning upon my own understanding (because the LAST thing I want is to mislead HIS sheep!).

I am glad truly, thought, that in spite of the... mmmmm... unfortunateness (is that even a word? Hubby calls them "Shelbyisms" - LOLOL!)... that such ones (including me, your servant) ARE referred to as "sheep"... you "get" why that is: we're not really fighters, per se, but followers. Praise JAH that He has given us (and particularly me, your servant and His) One TO follow. Else I, too, would end up in the pit.

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant, sister... and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:09 am 

WHEELOCKSLATIN SAID

Gilligan put a sheriff's badge on and threw the Skipper, Professor, Mr. & Mrs. Howell, Ginger, and Maryanne in jail so the search plane didn't see them. All because the badge got to his head.

Moses got to liking the water coming out of the rock and said, "Me. Me, me, me, me, me, me. All from me." Then God sentenced him to death, albeit delayed so he could peek at the Promised Land that he WOULD have lived to see. All because the glory got to his head.

The Jews went from "Thou shalt not use thy Lord God's name in VAIN" to "Thou shalt not use God's name at ALL" and promptly erased the name everywhere, even superstitiously fearing to utter the holy name to the point where no one today has a record of how the holy name is even pronounced. All because some uneducated unthinking blockhead with power abused that power to have his own menial thoughts overpower holy instruction.

Today the Governing Body quotes Jesus, " 'No one comes to the Father except through me.' Me. Me me me me me me me me. Wow, those words came out of MY mouth, so "me" must be ME, the GOVERNING BODY. No no ------ THE ----- Governing Body. The Saviour of the world must be ---- ME! Me -- is the Way & the Truth & the Life. Me. Me me me me me. ME!"

and so the story repeats