xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:41 pm 

Greetings,

Came across this on JW.org today...

Those who say that the divine name should not be used because it is not known exactly how to pronounce it will nevertheless freely use the name Jesus. However, Jesus’ first-century disciples said his name quite differently from the way most Christians do today. To Jewish Christians, the name Jesus was probably pronounced Ye·shuʹa‛. And the title “Christ” was Ma·shiʹach, or “Messiah.” Greek-speaking Christians called him I·e·sousʹ Khri·stosʹ, and Latin-speaking Christians Ieʹsus Chriʹstus. Under inspiration, the Greek translation of his name was recorded in the Bible, showing that first-century Christians followed the sensible course of using the form of the name common in their language. Similarly, the New World Bible Translation Committee feels that it is reasonable to use the form “Jehovah,” even though that rendering is not exactly the way the divine name would have been pronounced in ancient Hebrew.

So the name that identified them this whole time as his true witnesses (Isaiah 43:10,11) and claiming the only religion that calls itself this has admitted here, and not the first time that the name Jehovah is not the true pronunciation and neither is the name Jesus.

Now most of us here know this but they have condemned all other religions for not using his name, making them false religion.

Our Lord JAHeshua made known our fathers name JAH to those given him (John 17) and Acts 4:12 tells us with regard to our Lord JAHeshua, " There is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved."

Think its important to use it correctly?

Our first century disciples pronounced " Jesus" differently and " Jehovah" differently of course because they were given his name and knew the power in them. Yet Jehovah's witnesses admit that they do NOT pronounce their true names YET still making claim they are " the truth" and the only true anointed. If they truly belonged to Christ and were who they say they are then why wouldn't they know their true names and share them with their flock?

Most all here know they are false prophets, false Christs and wolves devouring the sheep.

But just wanted to pass this article along in case anyone needed it.

Love and peace to you all,

Your sister fellow servant and slave of our Lord JAHeshua,
kim

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:41 am 

Thank you Kim for sharing this & peace and to you sister.

The sad irony about the WTBS is that they profess to have a monopoly on 'truth' when actually they are SO far from the Truth that is our Lord and King Jaheshua Mischajah. Keeping the names they know to be inaccurate for whatever reasons only highlights their insincerity as an organisation.

Thankfully, our Master promised that would "be free", and so we are. Praise Jah.

YSSSoC

Loz x

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:00 pm 

I posted a response here this morning but its gone??

Thanks for sharing Kim, it really shows they are false prophets and hypocrites for sure. What a crock and irony that they should say that when the whole premise of their religion is about God's name and they don't think its important to know how to pronounce it and spell it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:11 pm 

Quote:
I posted a response here this morning but its gone?? .....Zoe

Did you remember to hit the submit button?
I`ve lost more than a few posts because I thought I did, but I didn`t... ::))

Where Did it Go?...

.................... 8) ...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:17 am 

Who knows what I did but I guess that's what happened, forgot to submit it. I had typed out a long message too. By the time I discovered it was gone I was in too much pain to type much or think grrrrrrr.

Did anyone watch that BBC Film Apostasy produced by an exJW. I watched it finally last week, it was really well done and didn't make fun of things. The acting was excellent and they had it spot on as to the JW speak and all the innuendos. It was sad though, the Mother was obviously depressed and not a Happy person. It really wasn't about apostasy though, it was about the blood issue, disfellowshipping and shunning. It made me cry because it brought back the feelings when I got reinstated and all the meetings with the elders and the sitting at the back of the hall and being ignored.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:56 am 

Hi Zoe, peace to you my sister. My daughter bought the film on dvd & lent it to me to watch. I must get around to it soon.

YSSSofC
Loz x

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:14 pm 

Had anyone checked out that show “Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath”? She did a special about how similar Scientologists and JW’s were. They had a group of ex JW’s on the show and explain what they went through and why they left. Reminded me of all the nonsense I had to listen to while I was there. I was just wondering if anyone had had a chance to check it out and to get your thoughts on it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:53 am 

Hi and Good Morning everyone. Winter has come early here in Canada, 10 degrees and lots of snow on the ground. I hope you folks in California are not being affected by those terrible fires.

Yes Christ&Deadlifts I saw the Leah Remini 2 hour special about the JW religion the other day, I have A&E so I recorded it. I thought it was good they covered a lot of the issues about how the religion is damaging and wrong but of course they couldn't cover everything in just 2 hours. It wasn't anything new to all of us but maybe if some people still in the religion saw it and they are on the fence or fading it might help them see the hypocrisy and that the religion is not about LOVE <3.

The true stories of the exJW's who were on the show were sad and showed how damaging the religion is causing some people to commit suicide because they have been disfellowshipped and shunned by their families. They also brought up the experience of a girl there who was molested by the elder who adopted her which was very upsetting.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:56 am 

Yes their stories were truly heartbreaking-especially the suicides. I pray for all of them and those family members they lost.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:29 pm 

Hello and peace to you ALL as our Lord gives His peace.

Dear Zoe, we are good in the Bay Area. Air quality is quite unhealthy to be doing anything physical in it and a lot of folks are wearing masks in their daily life, but we have a roof over our heads to come home to, jobs and schools are still standing and our loved ones are all safe. So no need to complain about a thing.

Thank you for asking and hope all is well with you and yours,

Your sister fellow sevant and slave of JAHeshua
kim