xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:39 am 

This show was on W5 last night here in Canada. W5 is like 60 minutes in the USA. The show is exposing Watchtower policies that let pedophiles continue to offend and victims getting no justice.

I know that Our Lord will correct these issues soon but it is good to see that they are being exposed to the public all over the world. I do not agree with some of the activism such as shown in the show but thought it was something interesting anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3fT5zG0OE&feature=youtu.be

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:50 am 

The YouTube hyperlink thingy doesn't work here on this forum??

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:09 pm 

Peace to you Zoe,

Its working for me when I click on it. So it should be fine. Is it not working for you?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:42 pm 

I meant that I have to use the [URL] button to hyperlink this video, the [youtube] button above this text box doesn't work to make it hyperlink. But no worries as long as it can be seen.

No one is commenting on what they thought of the show?? I thought it covered a lot of stuff and highlighted important things, it included the Conti case in California and the Australian Commission exposing the Watchtower as covering up sexual crimes against children. It also interviewed a few people who were victims and their experiences. The only thing I don/t care for personally is the activists going into Kingdom halls and interrupting meetings and the picketing, it seems too aggressive and mean. The rank and file publishers are not criminals or making the policies, its the Governing body, the corporation.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:35 pm 

The link works for me, dear Zoe (peace to you, dear sister!), but I didn't watch the video. The WTBTS is no more to me at this point than, say, the RCC or LDS... Lutherans/Baptists (as I was raised)... or any other haven of pedophilia, etc. I know what they are... and what they do - we've had plenty of witnesses about it. So, I don't really need to see more, anymore. And I don't want to find myself in a Proverbs 24:17, 18 situation. Rather, I am going to let JAH and Christ handle things in their due time.

Of course, if there's a child, etc., that needs my personal help for something like this (including writing a scathing letter, helping them make contact with an attorney, etc., although there is now a plethora of information and help in those regards out there), then I would certain do what I can. But I really can't "keep [so close] an eye on the WTBTS" any longer. I am not longer a bit surprised as to them. And they are so "different" than what I/we knew (internet, videos, flash mobs, choirs, television shows... and more, to hear my daughter tell it... I can't keep up. Nor do I want to. The Adversary "KEEPS transforming himself (into an angel of light)" - so, no surprise that his agents do, as well. How else are they to keep (mis)leading the blind?

My dear Lord set me free. Gave me ears to hear and "eyes" to "see." If I want to be TRULY free... at least to the extent I can be while still in the flesh... then I have no reason any longer to keep an eye on that harlot and what she does/where she goes. Other than to show any among her who might be "thirsting" and WANT to know what they SHOULD be doing, of course. Even then, my eye is trained keenly on the Copper Serpent.

BUT... that is ME, dear sister. Each one must do according to what they hear/how they are led. And each one must "throw off every weight" if, when, as they can. HUGE "burden" off me, let me tell you... not concerning myself with what the WTBTS is "getting away with" any longer. They'll have their day, though, I have NO doubt. But not until the Father says their time is up (Revelation 17:17). And it won't be just them - the entire Harlot... and ALL of her daughters... will "fall." And "in one swift pitch"... not gradually, one by one (Revelation 18:17a, 19c, 21).

As always, the greatest of love and peace to you!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:02 pm 

Well you are right Shelby, there is nothing we can do about the whole thing at all but wait for Jah and Christ to handle things. It is getting "old" all this protesting against them for sure. I just thought it was interesting that Canada's national television got into it now also.

I certainly don't want to be like what Proverbs said, none of us do and that wasn't my intention or thought at all.

Proverbs 24:17-18 17 Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when they stumble, do not let your heart rejoice, 18or the LORD will see and disapprove and turn his wrath away from them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:13 pm 

Oh, I totally know that was NOT your intent, dear Zoe (peace to you, dear sister!), not at ALL. Sorry, I just happen to be working among a very competitive... to the point of vengeful... group of people these days, and see what it looks like when someone is "happy" that trouble befell someone else. Or worse, set up the trouble to begin with. Scary, that, and so I have been trying to guard my own heart.

I hear about Mr. Trump... and what should "happen" to him... and to all manner of people (at the hands of other people) all day long most days and, well, like I said, I'm just trying to guard my own heart and NOT feel "glad" when even something bad happens to the "bad."

And I cannot tell you HOW "refreshing" it is to not only not have to worry about the world... but about the WTBTS (specifically). This latter because, as I said, that leopard is changing it's spots... again. So, most of what we knew (and would talk to current JWs about), may no longer apply. I mean, mention "1914" 20 years ago... and OMG. Mention it 10 years ago, and "Well, we're only past a few years, but Armageddon's gonna happen in the next 5-8 years." Now? Do any of the newbies/young people even have a clue how significant that lie was? Are they still using/telling it???

So, for me, worrying about the WTBTS anymore is like worrying about the RCC (and look at their dirt... over millenia!): the Adversary "keeps transforming himself." Of course, he does - he HAS to. I, for one, am not going to try to keep up with his machinations any longer, though. It IS going to go from bad to worse (as it has been, only much has been hidden/in secret), but I have other things to think about... and another to listen to.

That's all, luv. They're a religion, we all know this, and so TRULY "nothing new under the sun," including as to them.

These days, the words of John's revelation make even MORE sense to me:

"The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months. It opened its mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. It was given power to wage war against God’s holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beastall whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.

Whoever has ears, let them hear.

“If anyone is to go into captivity,
into captivity they will go.
If anyone is to be killed with the sword,
with the sword they will be killed.”

This calls for PATIENT endurance and faithfulness on the part of God’s people
Revelation 13:5-10

And so this is how I am able to not tired out - by not being anxious over ANYTHING... including what the WTBTS is "doing NOW" or what others are now doing to it. Too much back and forth, yes she's gonna fall, no, not yet, wait, it looks like things have taken a turn for the worse... better... what, they can do WHAT now??... etc., etc. They're religion. Like every other religion, for a great part, just not all - they REALLY "shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men."

Again, that's me... but I hope that helps explain, my dear sister, truly.

And, again, peace to you!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:05 am 

Thank you Shelby for your comment and I see your point, no need to be anxious over anything. There ae much more important things to be spending our time and energy on.

I really like this what you said in quotes below:

Quote:
And so this is how I am able to not tired out - by not being anxious over ANYTHING... including what the WTBTS is "doing NOW" or what others are now doing to it. Too much back and forth, yes she's gonna fall, no, not yet, wait, it looks like things have taken a turn for the worse... better... what, they can do WHAT now??... etc., etc. They're religion. Like every other religion, for a great part, just not all - they REALLY "shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men."