xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:45 pm 

AGUEST SAID

Greetings, and peace to you all!

I had opportunity this morning to check out another blogsite and found the following re the two trees in the garden (in Eden):

http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/bibl ... n-of-eden/

Although I posted a response there, I thought perhaps I should share it with you dear ones here, as this is now my new "home" for such things. To that end, the following is what I posted in response.

Again, peace to you all!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Please forgive the intrusion (peace to you all!), but I think that if you understood what the "garden" and "Trees" were/are, and what Adham/Eve were and were not, you might have a different take on some of your understandings. Not saying you would become a "believer", but that perhaps the accuracy would cause you to have posted different comments. Because it really isn't as you describe it.

Both "trees" were real. One... the Tree of Life... was... and IS... is a person, actually. Let me show you. The garden and tree, first:

"[Jehovah] God planted a garden in E′den, toward the east, and there he put the man whom he had formed. Thus [Jehovah] God made to grow out of the ground every tree desirable to one’s sight and good for food and also the tree of life in the middle of the garden and the tree of the knowledge of good and bad." Genesis 2:8, 9

Now... one of the trees:

"And it must occur in that day that there will be the root of Jes′se that will be standing up as a signal for the peoples. To him even the nations will turn inquiringly, and his resting‐place must become glorious." Isaiah 11:10

"‘Hear, please, O Joshua the high priest, you and your companions who are sitting before you, for they are men [serving] as portents; for here I am bringing in my servant Sprout!'" Zechariah 3:8

"I am the way, the TRUTH, and the LIFE"... John 14:6

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the cultivator. Every branch in me not bearing fruit he takes away, and every one bearing fruit he cleans, that it may bear more fruit. ... I am the vine, ​YOU​ are the branches." John 15:1, 5

"And he showed me a river of water of life, clear as crystal, flowing out from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of its broad way. And on this side of the river and on that side the TREE OF LIFE producing twelve crops of fruit, yielding their fruits each month. And the leaves of the TREE for the curing of the nations." Revelation 22:1, 2 (Note: The NWT normally states... and the WTBTS erroneously teaches... that there are "trees", plural, and that they represent the 144,000". Without going into the lie that this even refers to the 144,000 I will only state that this rendition AND its teaching is false - there is only ONE "tree" of life. Thankfully, they had the wherewithall to support that truth - and thus, negate their lie - in the footnote for the verse in the NWT Reference Bible).

To further help those who want to know the truth about this matter understand how and why Christ is that "Tree", I offer his words, as recorded at John 6:48-58 (please note verses 50, 51, 54, and 58 ) -

"'I am the bread of life. YOUR​ forefathers ate the manna in the wilderness and yet died. This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that anyone may eat of it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven; if anyone eats of this bread he will live forever; and, for a fact, the bread that I shall give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world.'”

"Therefore the Jews began contending with one another, saying: 'How can this man give us his flesh to eat?' Accordingly [Jesus] said to them: 'Most truly I say to ​YOU, Unless ​YOU​ eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, ​YOU​ have no life in yourselves. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him.Just as the living Father sent me forth and I live because of the Father, he also that feeds on me, even that one will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. It is not as when ​YOUR​ forefathers ate and yet died. He that feeds on this bread will live forever.'"

Christ is the Tree of Life: the TRUE Vine... the ROOT of Jesse... SPROUT! His flesh is the "leaves" that "cure" the nations. Anyone who EATS of HIM, the Tree [of Life]... will live forever. That really is the only way - there is no other.

By its teachings that only small group of individuals can/should "partake" of Christ's flesh and blood the WTBTS is, in essence, "shutting up the kingdom of the heavens before men." Since THEY do not go in/are not going in... they are making it so others also don't/won't go in... by convincing them that it is absolutely okay to "reject" the very means by which such ones can attain [everlasting] life: by eating from the Tree OF Life. (Matthew 23:13)

As for the other Tree, that was NOT a tree that allowed Adham/Eve to know good FROM bad, or good VERSUS evil. It was a Tree that they were told would allow them to KNOW... good... AND bad. The knowledge of good... AND bad. Not good FROM bad/good VERSUS bad.

What does this mean, the knowledge of good AND bad? It was a tree that allowed them to know good... LIFE... AND bad... DEATH. Good = life. Bad = death. Prior to eating, they only knew good. Life. The Adversary told Eve that if she ate she would be "life God"... knowing good... AND bad. Meaning... she could know good (life) and bad (death) and yet LIVE. LIKE God (over whom death has no hold).

Eve believed this... that she COULD know (i.e., have personal knowledge of) good... life... and bad... death... and yet live. That she would "NOT die." So... she ate. When Adham saw that she had eaten and NOT died (as of that time)... he, too, ate. She was deceived into doing so because of the lie told to her (that she would not die); he chose to eat because he thought that although she'd eaten she really wasn't going to die. She was wrong; so was he.

Adham's "sin," however, wasn't so much that he disobeyed and ate - that was not blasphemy and so could have been forgiven. His SIN... was that, rather than give HIS life in exchange for Eve's, after HER error, which he could have done because he was still "perfect" and so his life COULD have atoned for hers... he sold her out, her and their seed. In exchange for the RIGHT to live forever, he made a "deal" with Death (well, Death's agent, the Adversary). His progeny for the "key" so that Death would not hold HIM. In doing so, he sold his wife... and his progeny... to sin and death.

Unlike Christ... who GAVE his life... for his wife/children: the Bride, New Jerusalem, and the "children of Light" (John 1:3, 5; 8:12). In contrast to Adham, he showed that he had "no greater love"... than to give HIS life on behalf of [his friends], his "best" friend being his "bride." Adham, on the other hand, showed that he would not only put his own life first, but above those he was SUPPOSED to love: his bride and their children.

Now, I realize you've never heard these things before but that's because those you've learned what you have from don't know it. Because they are not who they say they are - "anointed". To the contrary, they are "false christs" and "false prophets" (Matthew 24:24), whose very purpose is the "mislead the even the chosen ones, if possible." And they have misled you dear folks here, as is evident by your perception of the garden and trees. They are imposters, claiming to know... and worse, claiming to know by holy spirit. That is a lie! They possess no such spirit for it they did... they COULDN'T lie... and they lie all the time.

So, please... consider letting go of ALL that they have taught you... and start over, completely. One way to get an accurate understanding of what IS the truth is to go TO the Truth, Christ (John 14:6). That One even stated:

"'YOU​ are searching the Scriptures, because ​YOU​ think that by means of them ​YOU​ will have everlasting life; and these are the very ones that bear witness about me. And yet ​YOU​ do not want to come to me that ​YOU​ may have life.'"

Seriously. If you are interested in learning the truth about these things, then I exhort you to go TO the Truth... and to no one else. Now, don't get me wrong: I did not post this to convert anyone. It is not up to me who gets called... or who hears the call. I posted it because the comments by some as to what the trees were... and whether they were real or not... are erroneous. Given that, I thought perhaps if someone WANTED to know the truth, the least I could do was share it. What ones choose to DO with/about it is entirely up to them... and God.

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

P.S. The "garden" was/is not a physical place; it is a spiritual place. Adham/Eve were created in the physical realm and taken from that INTO the spirit realm (garden). This could be done because, like Christ, they were half-breeds: bodies of physical flesh but spirit (life force/blood) from God. By means of that blood (GOD's blood - holy spirit), they could "go in and out" between the spirit and physical realms. As Christ did when he transfigured. Once they were given "long garments of skin", however (and this was NOT animal skin but a body with hemoglobin as its blood, vs. holy spirit)... they could no longer transfigure. Flesh... with ITS blood... cannot enter into the kingdom (spirit realm). It is only flesh with God's blood... holy spirit... that can transfigure/transcend... so as to enter into the spirit realm/kingdom of God. I hope this helps and, again, peace to you!