xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: LDS "Better" Than WTBTS?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:32 pm 

AGUEST SAID:

To the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with... may you all have peace!

Not sure where to post this, so I'll do it here. You know that I am against religion, particularly those that claim to follow/represent Christ. I believe, though, in giving an "e" for effort where such should be done. In that light, I thought it interesting to note that, while the WTBTS touts itself as being the "truth", while deriding the RCC and LDS, etc., these at lease try to "love their neighbor" through charitable works. We all know of the RCC's hospitals, orphanages, housing, food, and other community services and assistance. Apparently, the LDS does similarly:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LDS_Humanitarian_Services

So, while these may also consist or/be lead by "false christs", the likelihood is great that they include those who "do good" to Christ's brothers. Their "works" certainly suggest that (and the Most Holy One of Israel shows mercy to whomever HE wishes to show it... and particularly to the merciful!)

Most importantly, these take care of their own. Unlike the WTBTS. THAT harlot not only overlooks the needs of those not "like" her, but won't even care for the physical needs of her own.

Like the LDS and others the WTBTS has farms and factories, etc., that produce buttloads of food, etc. But just because you're a JW doesn't mean you can waltz in and ask for, say, a loaf of bread for your hungry children, can you? Oh, no... nope... uh-uh... NO way. No, you must be "serving" at Bethel/Walkhill/Patterson/some Branch, etc.... and for the most part doing so WITHOUT children (except in unusual cases) before you can partake of THEIR bounty.

Utterly reprehensible.

Anyone who thinks that an organization that not only "shuts the door of its tender compassion" on those it considers to be its enemies, those they consider strangers, or those who are its neighbors... but those it considers to be its OWN BROTHERS... is from, joined to, or related to Christ... IN ANY WAY... is utterly fooling themselves.

"By their works... or, in this regard, LACK of works... you will know them!"

May those... who still put their trust in her and those who lead her... HEAR... so as to get the SENSE of this truth... so as to WAKE UP and GET OUT OF HER... lest they share in her sins... and receive [part of] her plagues!

Again, peace to you all!

Servant to the Household of God, Israel, those who go with, and a slave of Christ,

SA, a former WTBTS "fool"...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:33 pm 

OUTLAW SAID

If poor JW`s give us their Money and Can`t eat..
Who`s fault is that?..
Besides..
All the Religions we preach against are happy to feed them..
Dummy`s!

Hey!..Like my New Suit?!..
I had to get a new one I`m Getting Fat..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:36 pm 

CLEARLIGHT SAID

But..but...but...but, doesn't the WTBTS give low-interest loans to a congregation to build a new kingdom hall? Isn't that charitable?

(We won't mention the fact that after the KH is built with the free sweat of the congregants, the loan is paid back by those same hard-working brothers and sisters, and then....? The title to said building and property is retained by the publishing/real estate & investment company known affectionately as the WTBTS.....)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:38 pm 

JUSTMOM SAID

Yes Yes Yes

It is truly shameful and blasphemous..... their actions!!!

justmom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:41 pm 

AGUEST SAID

Quote:
We won't mention... the loan is paid back by those same hard-working brothers and sisters, and then....

You mean the same hard-working majorily poor congregants who DONATED FUNDS TO THE KINGDOM HALL BUILDING FUND TO BEGIN WITH, dear CL (peace to you!)? No, let's not mention them. either. OR the FACT that they're paying interest on money they donated. While we're at it, let's also not mention Christ's words, as found in their Bible, the NWT:

"Give to the one asking you, and do not turn away from one that wants to borrow from you [without interest]." Matthew 5:42

"Also, if YOU lend [without interest] to those from whom YOU hope to receive, of what credit is it to YOU? Even sinners lend [without interest] to sinners that they may get back as much. To the contrary, continue to love YOUR enemies and to do good and to lend [without interest, not hoping for anything back; and YOUR reward will be great, and YOU will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind toward the unthankful and wicked. Continue becoming merciful, just as YOUR Father is merciful. Luke 6:34-36

From their Bible, remember. Gives more meaning, doesn't it, to:

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you devour widows' houses and for a pretense offer long prayers; on this account you will receive judgment more abundantly." [Matthew 23:14 [/b](NWT Ref. Bible footnote)

Every plant that my heavenly Father did not plant will be uprooted. LET them be. Blind guides is what they are. If, then, a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit.” Matthew 15:13, 14

which is ALSO from their Bible, the NWT.

Ah, well... what folks get for following ones who CAN'T "give sight to the blind." May those with ears but still in her HEAR... and get OUT of her... they don't want to share in her sins and thus receive part of her plagues!

May they also hear, when the Spirit and the Bride says to THEM:

"Come! Take 'life's water'... the holy spirit of God... which 'water' is poured out from the innermost parts of His Son and Christ, the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH... who is the Tree of Life!... FREE!"

Servant to the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with, and a slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:42 pm 

GLADIATOR SAID

Quote:
AGuest. You know that I am against religion, particularly those that claim to follow/represent Christ.

From this statement, the casual observer to this site may well conclude that you are without faith in Christ. Or be confused as to your view of individuals who follow Christ and congregate with others of a like mind.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:42 pm 

CRIMINY SAID

I grew up in Mormon country (Idaho) and I can tell you that most Mormons, like most JWs are very kind, upstanding people just muddling through like everyone else. As a religious institution, they are just as screwed in the head as any other. There are good and bad qualities to be observed in all of them. The comment was made on this forum not long ago (I'm not going to try to find it) that wolves dressed up as sheep means that there must be a "sheep" quality to all these institutions lest they be unable to lure anyone in.

The feeding, housing, and other aid services offered by some churches and not others is, in my opinion, no different than a strong emphasis on bible study, bible appreciation, bible education offered by some churches and not others.

Wolves + fake wool = the same frigg'n thing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:43 pm 

AGUEST SAID

Quote:
From this statement, the casual observer to this site may well conclude that you are without faith in Christ. Or be confused as to your view of individuals who follow Christ and congregate with others of a like mind.

I understand and agree, dear Glad (peace to you!). Hopefully, they are here because they have some interest in or connection to the WTBTS (notice, the forum is called "xjws"... "for Christ"). If so, then they shouldn't have too much of a problem with that. If they do, they can always ask and I would be more than happy to remind them (well, those that might know), that in answer to Christ's question to Peter "You do not want to go away, too?" the latter responded:

"Lord, WHOM shall we go away to?" John 6:63

Peter asked this because he knew there was no "where." If the temple system in Jerusalem wasn't the place... and given Christ's condemnation of what was taking place there and by those who lead and worshipped in THAT institution... for them there was no other "place."

Nothing has changed since that time; there still is no place. And those who put their faith in the WTBTS but have since realized that IT is not the place, either... OR the truth... there usually isn't another religion, either. Which is why many if not most who leave... turn to atheism: because they don't know... can't see... WHERE "else" to "go."

I have to trust my Lord, then, the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah) that those he wants to will get the message. All I can do is put it out there... sticking to the truth when I do. I can't just go along to get along. Doesn't work like that, dear one. I think you understand.

Again, peace to you... and may JAH bless you and yours, dear Glad, truly - for your dear, dear kindnesses to us, his Body!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:44 pm 

WHEELOCKSLATIN SAID

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:17 am Post subject:
one may think
"the words on this site
are preaching to the converted"

actually
many of your (you all, plural) words
go far beyond the confines of these walls

think of this place as
the factory

persons like myself come along with a forklift
load up the trucks
and away your words go
to far flung destinations

==========

AGuest, your new avatar
closer depicts your true nature
as a very well-intentioned, well-meaning individual
i like it

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:44 pm 

AGUEST SAID

Smile - I think the little girl in that picture is the "child" my Lord actually speaks to, dear Wheels (peace to you!). I think that's why I chose to use it: it really is "me" more than any other photo I could have used (LOL!)

Again, peace to you!

Su sirviente, compañera de estudios, y un esclava de Cristo,

SA