All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:10 pm 

Yes, thank you, I hear you both!

Peace to you, my sisters,
your servant, and sister and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 5:03 am 

Quote:
If angels walk among us without us knowing, so that some of us do good to them without knowing, then why could the brothers of Christ not do the same at that time?

Well, that's part of what I'm wondering - people at that time will still have fleshly bodies, won't they? And Christ and his body will have spirit bodies? Even though they are all on earth. So I'm not sure how they could interact with each other, unless Christ's brothers put on fleshly bodies.

Still, if I'm understanding correctly, the parable in Matthew 25 just means those alive at the time of His coming, and not on into the thousand years? Thanks for all your replies.

Quote:
The Sheep and the Goats

31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 8:28 am 

unless Christ's brothers put on fleshly bodies.

I think the account of Adham (being created outside the spirit realm (garden), then being placed inside the spirit realm (garden), then being cast outside again, dear 'At (mornin' and peace to you, dear lady-girl!), along with the New Jerusalem "coming down out of" the spirit realm, into the physical realm (earth), and people on the earth "streaming into her gates" (going from outside the spirit realm, into it by means of entering her... and those, although being spirits, are upon the earth... coupled with our dear Lord's words at John 10:9 helps us "see" that our dear Lord's brothers will "be like the angels" and so able to put on... and off... flesh:

"I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture."

The beloved City, New Jerusalem, has gates. Not so that folks can go in, but be trapped in, but so they can go in AND out... back AND forth. Spirit INSIDE, fleshly OUTSIDE. If for some reason someone should NOT get [back] in, there are angels posted. Just as there was at the "gates" to the garden.

Quote:
Still, if I'm understanding correctly, the parable in Matthew 25 just means those alive at the time of His coming, and not on into the thousand years?

I would agree with that it means those INITIALLY, yes. However, since the task takes "a thousand" years, AND those brothers DO go in and out... perhaps it includes what those do/don't during DURING that time, as well. I don't think we should rule that out. But it certainly includes those alive when Christ returns and not those who died before that time (those must wait for the second resurrection; however, whether they are resurrected to LIFE will also be based on how they treated Christ brothers... back to Abel).

I hope that helps.

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel