It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:29 am 

ok i think i get how this technical stuff works now
. . . maybe

here's the movie poster

and here's the video itself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-3xD3N ... e=youtu.be

"For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law . . . They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts" (Romans 2:14-15)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:40 am 

Here's the thing... the hypocrisy... about the WTBTS' teaching on dress and appearance (mornin' and may you all have peace!):

Their position is that one should wear the "formal" dress for their region (i.e., suits in the western world, kintu garb for Africa, saris for India/Pakistan, etc.). In other words, look the part. Part... of WHAT, though? (Laughing inside and shaking head) Do they not EMPHASIZE... EMPHATICALLY... that they are NO part of the world?? That they dress so as to stand OUT from the world? But... what does the WORLD dress like? Is it not to BE viewed?

Their hypocrisy says "We're not part of the world, but we need to LOOK like part of the world."

Oh, wait... maybe by "the world" they mean men who DON'T wear suits and DON'T have beards, and women who wear pants and above-the-knee skirts... tank tops... etc. Thing is, there's a WHOLE lot of "wordly" men who wear suits. And are clean-shaven. And... carry briefcases/bags. LOTS of them down on Wall Street. In the nation's and state capitals. In business offices. Banks. Etc. The ONLY way you can tell that they are NOT Jehovah's Witnesses... is because they're (1) NOT at your door, and (2) NOT standing on street corners/sitting in public throughways hawking literature.

Oh, wait... didn't Christ say NOT to be standing in the "broad" ways (i.e., major streets... versus narrow passages... back in that time)... and NOT, basically, put oneself "out there" so as to BE seen by the public/men?

Those poor, poor people. Their blindness is truly pitiable. Who will save them?

Oh, wait... maybe "Jehovah" will save them.

Oh, wait... there is no "Jehovah"...

Sigh.

Peace.

A slave of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:47 am 

I think its all hypocrisy man. This is most BS thing I ever heard: "We're not part of the world, but we need to LOOK like part of the world." You can pretend to be something when you can’t be. Totally out of world stuff!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:15 am 

It is JUST clothing! Why in the world (or out of the world) would God or Christ care what we are wearing? The 'world' that they hope to NOT be part of, cares, yes, as Shelby stated above.

But Christ and God look to the INSIDE of a man. If we are clean within, then we are clean without... no matter our physical appearance, or 'grooming' (or boasting of our own 'righteousness'). On the other hand, no matter how 'clean' we are on the outside, no matter how well-dressed or well-groomed... if we are unclean on the inside, then we are unclean on the outside also.

Clean the INSIDE of the cup. Man is the one who cares about the outside of the cup. (well, and also the Adversary)

Even Peter wrote to emphasize this,

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."

Peace to you,
your servant and sister, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:38 am 

The music in this video is awesome!!! Gotta go grab it for my playlist. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:03 pm 

That was a cool short Video..I liked it..
Plus sKally got a Plug..LOL!!..

.......................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:50 pm 

She is marvelous, right LQ?:
https://www.youtube.com/user/lindseystomp/videos