xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:59 pm 
Site Admin

CRIMINY SAID:

After extolling Peter, James, and John as men "who seemed to be pillars" and as being the ones who sent Paul and Barnabas with instructions on how to gather up the collections for the holy ones, the WTS then lays out many, MANY ways for the people to send money and gifts to the modern day, uhm... uh....... holy ones.

[If that hurt you to read, know that it hurt me to write it first.]

OUTRIGHT DONATIONS
˙ Donations of cash, jewelry, or other valuable personal property.
˙ Include a letter indicating that the cash or the items are an outright donation.

CONDITIONAL DONATION ARRANGEMENT
˙ Donations of cash with the condition that it can be returned if needed
by the donor.
˙ Include a letter stating that the donation is conditional.

CHARITABLE PLANNING (followed by lengthy explanation)

Insurance: (another lengthy explanation)
Bank Accounts: (and another...)
Stocks and Bonds: (and another...)
Real Estate: (and another...)
Gift Annuity: (and another...)
Wills and Trusts: (and another...)

They announced the creation of a brochure that describes all the ways in which you can give to the organization and how to go about doing it.

I know that any non-profit organization depends on donations from it's members, but this article appearing in the November 15, 2012 Watchtower, on the heels of the Candice Conti verdict..... ? Beating the donation drum in the middle of a legal firestorm does not seem politically savvy to me, especially given the extreme emotional nature of a pedophile/child rape legal firestorm. It's one thing to be politically neutral. Quite another to be politically inept.

Nevertheless, if your heart so moves you, you can send your donations to the address below. Or, give them a call. I'm sure they would love to hear from you.

CHARITABLE PLANNING OFFICE
Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society
of Pennsylvania
100 Watchtower Drive
Patterson, New York 12563-9204
Telephone: (845) 306-0707

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:59 pm 

VELVET SAID:

This makes me so Sick. I was a victim of this.

My Mom an uber witness changed her will when she was dying 7 years ago. She left me her house but the money she left to her grandchildren (my children).
Suddenly when it was evident she was dying she had a visit from the elders and they "encouraged" her to leave her money to the WT because her grandchildren didn't love Jehovah.

She changed it and they got $100,000. Fortunately she left me the house even if I didn't love Jehovah. I was appalled, didnt know about the exjw forums then and didn't know what to do.
She had brain cancer and was confused and they took advantage.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:00 pm 

OUTLAW SAID:

Feed the Watchtower..
Money Pig..

(sorry Outlaw, I could not transfer the cool pic with it)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:01 pm 

QUENDI SAID:

It used to be that money and donations were rarely mentioned by the WTS. Occasionally, you would read about the arrangements in place but such notices were discreet. For the most part, people were encouraged to use the contribution boxes in the kingdom hall. No muss, no fuss.

Matters are otherwise now. These days there are credit/debit card readers at the various larger gatherings of Witnesses and the organization has decided that it should actively seek more money from the faithful. It is now no different in this respect from any other organized religion or charity. So much for being nothing like the evil world.

Will the rank and file wake up and demand an end to this? That is most unlikely. If they do, then the organization will play its "The End is Near" music to compel contributions so that the preaching work can be completed because once it is completed Armageddon will finally arrive.

Quendi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:09 pm 

AGUEST SAID:

Quote:
Suddenly when it was evident she was dying she had a visit from the elders and they "encouraged" her to leave her money to the WT

(Shakine head) So sad to hear of this, but it's not surprising, truly, dear Velvet (peace to you!). So many who "serve" that harlot just don't GET "how" they're being used:

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you devour widows' houses..." Matthew 23:14 (which isn't included in several Bible versions, hence, how is that some say the Bible HASN'T been tampered with???)

"... the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and was adorned with gold and precious stone and pearls and had in her hand a golden cup that was full of disgusting things and the unclean things of her fornication. And upon her forehead was written a name, a mystery: “Babylon the Great, the mother of the harlots and of the disgusting things of the earth.” And I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the holy ones..." Revelation 17:4-6

Such ones don't understand that THEY are the "wolves" to whom the sheep have been abandoned... by the "hired man":

"The hired man, who is no shepherd and to whom the sheep do not belong as his own, beholds the wolf coming and abandons the sheep and flees—and the wolf snatches them and scatters them—" John 10:12

May those of them with ears to hear WAKE UP... lest they be counted among those of whom Jeremiah prophesied:

“'Woe to the shepherds who are destroying and scattering the sheep of my pasturage!” is the utterance of JaHVeH. 'Therefore this is what JaHVeH the God of Israel has said against the shepherds who are shepherding my people: “YOU yourselves have scattered my sheep; and YOU kept dispersing them, and YOU have not turned your attention to them. Here I am turning my attention upon YOU for the badness of YOUR dealings,”' is the utterance of JaHVeH." Jeremiah 23:1, 2

For all who have experienced this "fleecing"... or have loved ones who have been subjected to it... take heart! Nothing hdden will remain that way. All will come to light... by means OF the Light: the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... who is the TRUE Light that came into the world! John 1:9; 8:12

Because God's Word IS alive, dear one. There isn't anything hidden from HIM... and eventually, to HIM all will render an accounting. John 1:1, 14; Hebrews 4:12, 13

I am so sorry what you, your dear mother. and all who have experienced such... and worse... have had to endure... in the name of "Jehovah."

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:10 pm 

GLADIATOR SAID:

Jehovah loves a cheerful giver!