xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:32 am 

Posted on a JW's PINTEREST

Sandra Jackson • 3 days ago

Bossert Hotel Lobby by Josh Derr, via Flickr The Hotel Bossert was built in 1909 by Louis Bossert, a Brooklyn lumber magnate and opened as an “apartment hotel.” During the 1920s, it was known for its two-level rooftop restaurant that provided panoramic Manhattan views. In the 1950s, the Bossert was home to several Brooklyn Dodger players. It has been owned by Jehovah's Witnesses since 1988, after which they meticulously returned the majestic 14-story building to world class grandeur.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:37 am 

AGuest wrote:
Quote:
The Holy Spirit is in a bottle for after a WBT$/JW Meeting..

Oh, ahz sho' dey's a'LOT o' "partakin''" o' dat spirt BEFO' da meetin's, Sher'f deah (piece, luvee!): dem folks gots'ta do SUMTHIN' t;git dey sefs thoo alla dem lyes 'dem "loya" menz be havin' dem utha loya menz tell'n 'em.

Kum tyme fo' Ahma'gedin, foks gwine be sayin':

"Ah aint's 'ta blames, Lawd! Ah nevah haird dem say whut cha'll sayin' NOW dey dun sayed! Ah wuz at de kingdumb hall, yassuh, but ah ain't haird NUN o' dat 'bout fol'lin ya'll! Fak, ah ain't haird much o'nuthin' wahl ah wuz up in dat hall (had me a lil' sumpin-sumpin' fo' ah wint up in thar, nohmsayin'? Tayk de edjis off'a me... 'n hep me lissen t'Brutha Ain't Ah Sumthin' Cuz Ah'z Waring Me a SOOT!").

Ya'll no's wut ah meens n' ya'll no's ah'z tellin' de TROOF! LOLOLOL!

Piece t' ALL ya'll!

Yo sirvint n' a slave o' de Lawd Crise,

Miz Shebbie

Lol Miz Shebbie ; )

I might have needed a little 'sumpin-sumpin' to get me through those meetings too (if they are anything like the tv.org episodes). I watched one of those tv.org thingies.... and I just sat here, and my foot was bouncing, and I was rolling my shoulders, and stretching my neck, and just waiting WAITING... for it to be over. And thinking... WHY... are you talking so SLOW!!!!

I don't even remember what it was about, so that long slow talking did nothing... except that it seems designed to put people to 'sleep'. Either your mind wanders to preserve your sanity, or you sit there all bunched up on the edge of your seat hoping it will be over soon (and so you still aren't paying attention, so you miss the obvious falsehood). Or you are listening and the lies in the teaching make you want to stand up and shout out the truth that Christ teaches instead... and since most probably don't do that, then perhaps you simply stop going.

Anyway, thank you for the humor ; )

Peace to you,
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:46 pm 

Quote:
except that it seems designed to put people to 'sleep'

You know, now that I THINK about it, dear Tams (peace, luv!)... I KNOW the magazines follow a proven formula (created during WWI to use on POWs, I believe) for brainwashing. I wonder: maybe the "talks" ARE specifically designed TO hypnotize people. No, seriously, dear ones - that is how hypnotists do their thing: slow, monotonic, carefully stated speech, designed to put people to a trance/state of "sleep."

And hypnotism was a HUGE thing during the latter part of the 19th and early part of the 20th centuries! You all remember those travelling circus folks... would "hypnotize" entire audiences!

I mean, that's a good portion of what the "Wizard of Oz" movie was all about! And I promise you, after becoming a JW, EVERY time I watched that movie (which we weren't "supposed" to do, because of the witches, etc., right?? But what if the REAL reason was because the "Wizard" was a scam!??)... every time I saw the "Wizard," I was reminded of Charles Taze Russell! Something about the Wizard, his vest, and his little cart reminded me of Russell, HIS vests, and those trains he road on!

Now, I wonder...

Things that make you go "hmmmmmm..."

Peace!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar, thinking, "Hmmmmmmm..."...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:43 pm 

But how can one part of Christ's Body BRAG as to their splendiferous edifices... while decrying the splenditacious edifices of OTHER religions (i.e., temples, cathedrals, synagogues, etc.)... WHILE their OWN "brothers" are living in HUTS????

Hypocrisy... lack of compassion, lack of mercy, lack of sympathy, lack of natural affection ,lack of love and SO a LACK of of CHRIST!!

Thats how! And it comes easy to them!!!

Love and Peace to you all, your sister and fellow slave of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:45 am 

They are really pushing the Caleb and Sophia cartoon characters. Are they trying to be Walt Disney now LOL.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:50 am 

Remember when you go to the Fair or to a historical place they have cut outs you can stick your face in to get your photo taken and look like someone else LOL. Well the JW.ORG has it now.
[url]
http://instagram.com/p/t36K1KHIZl/?modal=true#[/url]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:01 pm 

Who ARE these people?? It's like the people in the video of the Alabama Assembly Hall: who are these people... and what did cha'll do with the REAL Jehovah's Witnesses?!!" LOLOLOL!

Thanks for sharing that, dear Zoe (peace to you!).

Amazing. How SOON earthling man forgets...

Peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

Shellamar