xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:40 am 

As you will hear him say: " you've expressed yourself very well....".

So, success, by WTBTS standards! LOL!!

I titled it in order that it gets in the utube line up to the right where other jw.org videos are WITNESSED g:) .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:44 pm 

Oh my, lol... I did not get past the first sentence.

"Scientists say that the cranial capacity for a woman is 10% smaller than that of a man..."

And from there he simply leaps ahead and says that this shows she is not equipped for the role of headship.

Brain size is not the main factor in determining the capacity for intelligence. I mean, how much in science and the world and in various civilizations, etc, to you have to ignore to make this leap?

I think he is disproving this with his very self ; )

Anyone ever see the move Django Unchained? Leonardo Dicaprio's character makes a similar argument (shape of brain in that instance) to state that black men and women were designed to BE slaves, to take orders, etc. They lacked some sort of physical attribute that would allow them to responsibly be free men and women. I can't remember his exact argument, but it is the same kind of thing that the GB member above argues.

Seems like he is about to launch into a lecture against women who say they would do better than the elders. Which seems like the same old fear/hate some men have had throughout the centuries for women who are more intelligent/more faithful/etc... than them.

Peace to you,
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:51 pm 

I told the man on phone to google Samuel Herd on utube, to view it. It is an old speech, but new video.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:57 pm 

He TOTALLY contradicts himself. First... woman is not equipped for headship because she has a smaller brain. Then later (paraphrasing), 'it is often the case that woman finds herself quicker of mind than her husband'...

Um... what, lol?

(oh wait, I guess I shouldn't point that out right... because if a woman IS quicker of mind, she should pretend otherwise and keep silent) <-sarcasm ; )

Peace to you all,
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:57 pm 

Quote:
MP3 download of Public Talk by Governing Body member Samuel Herd "The Value of Our Theocratic Sisters" Oakland CA 1971
https://www.mediafire.com/?40qpuxspk431g24

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:59 pm 

shush tammy, that was unwise to say.

LOLOLOLO!! /:)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:59 pm 

Ah, I see the lego man in the video (who has NO brain) responded in kind to that last bit ; )

Peace again!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:00 pm 

s-Kally wrote:
shush tammy, that was unwise to say.

LOLOLOLO!! /:)

; )

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:27 pm 

Quote:
(oh wait, I guess I shouldn't point that out right... because if a woman IS quicker of mind, she should pretend otherwise and keep silent) <-sarcasm ; )

That's right, Tammy; our penis-wielding members might get offended at you.

Skally, I listened to your call, but I couldn't understand much of what the man said. I have no idea how you have the patience for that. Was that talk from back in the days when it was an outline and everyone's talk was a little different?

My dander is still up over this.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:33 pm 

Sorry to hear that ataloa. Try to listen carefully though, I heard everything that was said. Granted, there is some feedback noise. Yet, overall, it can be heard.

Yes, it appears this is an old talk, dug up and put on youtube. As I explained this to the man on the phone, many jws are the ones releasing these videos, in which they gain a worldwide audience. And also because many online, active jws enjoy them. "So why not provide a place on THEIR official site to submit them?"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:42 pm 

You made a really good point to him, Skally. The witnesses ARE on the internet and getting into discussions with non-witnesses; why don't they provide a safe forum for them to do that on? Excellent on that!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:41 pm 

Well ataloa, it always gets brought up by me when I make these calls; as I tell them what I told the man on phone: I would not be calling if there were intereactive features provided by the organization. I told him, we should be having this convo OVER A FORUM OR CHATROOM ON YOUR OFFICIAL SITE. It would be very simple to designate a team to create, install and monitor/ moderate such features.

So, we shall see where thiss all leads. BUT....

ALL ROADS DO LEAD TO 'ROME'. O- ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:46 pm 

Of course too, he was not about to share with me on the real REASON there are no such features. Yet, we all know that if such features ever do actually become implemented there, JWS/WTBTS will become an open book to the world. Feedback would crash the site for sure. LOL!

MARK THE SKALLYWAGGERS WORDS HERE PEOPLE, IN CASE OF MY DEMISE:

WHEN THIS DAY DOES OCCUR, THESE FEATURES BECOME A WORKING PART OF THEIR WEBSITE, PLEASE POP OPEN A BOTTLE OF BUBBLY AND GIVE A TOAST TO WORK THAT WAS SUCCESSFUL.

ROFLOL! A naked apostate can dream, can't she? ::))

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:48 pm 

The world is FULL of insecure, frightened "little" men. Always has been. So long as man runs it, always will be. That a WTBTS GB believes such melarkey should be NO surprise - surely, we can see that MOST men of that harlot believe so, simply by the way they NEED to control everything, starting WITH their wives... and even women who are NOT their wives (and many times not even family!). A woman who speaks up/out, is smart, etc., is a THREAT to their puny penises (which some of them for some reason need to constantly discuss and/or attempt to prove are NOT teenie-weenie... pun intended)... and humongous egos.

I have absolutely NO patience for such men, such thinking... and even less... MUCH less... for the idiotic, infantile, puerile WOMEN... who fall for it. Who NEED it. I have NO patience for ignorant, uneducated, CULT-BOUND people... whose ONLY resource for "knowledge" IS their cult... running around giving talks, advice, "information," etc., as if they actually KNOW something. No patience whatsoever.

Because, MY thinking is "HOW the H*LL CAN you know... something... ANYthing... if the WTBTS is/has been the ONLY source of information you have/had??"

Now, we understand that their blind "knowledge" is the sad result of publications like the "Awake!" which PURPORTS to contain "facts" and "truth" as to the PHYSICAL world... and the Watchtower, which purports the same as to spiritual things. They... and their rags... are LIARS. And while I once often shook my head in disbelief... yet, held my tongue... I don't HAVE to any longer.

And ANY man who thinks men are (generally/arbitrarily) SMARTER than women... is stupid. S.T.U.P.I.D.

Don't get me wrong: women often PRETEND to be dumber than men, yes. But that's because MEN.... and society (including women)... have fomented and allowed that. Some still DO. Many, because their lives might depend on it. Many... because their liveliHOODS might depend on it. Many... because they're too lazy, mentally, to care for themselves.... and so wish to be taken care of... and that is the "cost" - pretending to be stupid for the sake of the man caring for them. Many learned it as young girls, from insecure, puerile mothers... even as teens when having a "crush" on a boy dictated (because HIS blooming ego couldn't handle it).

I can't stomach any of it. Because... it is a LIE.

For ME, a attractive man is one who is NOT threatened by a smart woman, but actually APPRECIATES her mental capacities, engages them, and wants HER to further DEVELOP them. Because THAT... is a SECURE man. And while I know there are women out there who want to, I... do NOT... want to RAISE... a grown-butt man. That was HIS momma's job... just as raising MY son was MINE.

And JW men are among the MOST insecure, puerile men... I've ever known. Even more than, say, men who belong to religions that believe women are second-class citizens. Can't stomach those guys, either. Both believe they are something. Yet both... came out of a dang WOMAN! If SHE'S nothing... what the H*LL does that make THEM??

Stupid. No, I need to leave this thread and never open it again.

Peace.

A slave of Christ,

Shellamar, who was SO proud of my dear Lord for his reaction to his disciples "concern" that he was talking to a (Samaritan) women! I was like, "You GO, Lord!" LOLOLOLOL!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:37 pm 

LOL!!@Shelby!!..

Why don`t you tell us what you really think?!..LOL!!..

sKally..

I listened to your recording..
You did well..
I doubt the WBT$ will change its ways..
Information flows only one way in WatchTard World..

....................................Image...OUTLAW