xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:09 pm 

International Convention Seattle - Day 2

Saturday morning attendance: 31,347
Afternoon attendance: 30,851 (where'd they all go?)
Baptized (unofficial count from my seat: 318... will get official number tomorrow... vast majority were teenagers)

Today was dullsville.

Who will NOT inherit God's Kingdom?
- Idolators. Flee from every form off idolatry. When we get overly enthusiastic about sports figures, that's idolatry (face-palm here... the GB and Org is HIGHLY idolized, and JWs don't see it. It's typical for the audience to applause after every talk, but when the GB member gave a talk, he was applaused BEFORE AND AFTER. Pure idolatry, per WT definition.)
A man was interviewed from Suriname who said when he was growing up, he had a lot of questions, but his priest told him not to ask questions, just accept. (Sound familiar???)

- Extortioners - these use fear to twist others to their will (Pot, meet kettle)
- Greedy persons - Satan is greedy. He wants worship for himself. (So does WTBTS, but don't tell JWs that)

A few more notes:
2 Peter 3:13 - "new heavens" and "new earth" means two destinations. (Um, hello? Eph 4:4?)

Matt 5:10 - the world has the attitude, if it's difficult, don't do it (This overly broad, stereotypical statement was designed to faster an "us vs them" attidude. This attitude has been quite prevalent these last two days.)

Matt 25:34-40 (the verses about helping the Lord's brothers). Seven ways we "help" Christ's brothers:
1. Translating the Bible into other languages
2. Construction of KHs and Assembly Halls
3. Field Ministry
4. Financial support of the above
5. Shepherding work of elders
6. Meetings
7. Work done at branches to support kingdom work
The anointed could not accomplish the above without help. (Isa 61:5)
(Ok, this is just silly... Matt 24:34-40 was talking about helping out those sick and imprisoned, not about helping accomplish some specific work... stupid interpretation)

Final talk of the day by LETT:
Quote: "There's more evidence establishing that the Kingdom is a reality than there is establishing that wind, gravity and electricity are a reality." (Come to your own conclusion on this comment)

Let's see what the Kingdom accomplished in the last 100 years.

Tools provided by Jesus:
- Recorded talks via phonographs
- Testimony cards (these were some card that advertised literature back in the early days of preaching)
- The Bible (the org printed KJV and ASV before NWT) Translations in 122 languages

The Kindom directed various METHODS to proclaim the kingdom (Matt 9:38)
- Newspapers (Russell's sermons in 11 newspapers in 1908, 2000 by 1914)
- Picture presentations (Photodrama motion picture and more simplified slide show)
- Radio (WBBR)
- Now, the Internet - 1.2 million unique visitors per day

The Kingdom directed various EDUCATIONAL programs:
- Theocratic Ministry School
- Gilead
- Kingdom Ministry School
- Pioneer Service School
- Branch Committee School
- Traveling Overseers School
- etc.

New book: "God's Kingdom Rules!"
(We left as soon as the prayer was done... will get a book tomorrow)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:42 pm 

>:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)

geez, thanks, again....lololol seriously, you really think we want this report???????????????????

what is it with you jws and running back to the internet to report all this spiritual raping that is occuring with your orgs children?

why haven't i seen you report it on the other site yet?

{slaps lq silly}

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:52 pm 

If you don't want the report, no problem... I won't post it. Just needed to vent since this is a real psychological battle I'm going through. I have to be super sharp the entire program to catch these things. It's exhausting. The indoctrination is THICK. Telling everyone that "God's Kingdom" has accomplished all this stuff and 'we're better than Babylon the Great' and 'preach more, give more, do more' is helping the Lord's brothers is a lot to combat with a family who is eating this stuff up.

Quote:
why haven't i seen you report it on the other site yet?

Last night, I was super exhausted. So, I didn't post it there. Tonight, I just don't feel like it. Maybe I'll post a synopsis there when the weekend is over. But, these have been posted by others already, and I'm finding the main stupid points have already been covered there, so there's probably not a need.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:03 pm 

Wow. ok...good luck with that, but you really are still very much a participant in the 'raping' of these childrens spirits and souls...IMNSHO! You guys actually seem to get off on it [ THE REPORTING ] too. Amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:28 pm 

I'm only reporting to vent because I have no one else to vent to. Like I said, I'll discontinue the reporting.

And thanks for calling me a rapist. I WAS one of these children, having been raised in this org. Until recent times, I didn't even KNOW I was being spiritually raped. So, thanks for lending a hand to someone who's trying their best to deal with this situation in his life, and trying to formulate an exit plan. It's not as easy as you think it is/should be. Thanks again for calling me a rapist. I really appreciate it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:10 pm 

Thank you LQ for posting, I have been away for about 18 years, it keeps me sharper and is a good reminder of how manipulative they are. I have a girlfriend that I grew up with who is very blinded by them, I keep hoping one day the right words will come out and I can help her. Hearing what they are being trained to believe helps me to know what she is going through. Keep posting because I will be reading, again thank you and I hope your exit plan works for you, I'm sure all here will be praying for you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:26 am 

Report all you like, Leaving. If someone doesn't want to read it, then they do not have to open this thread or even look at it. But this IS the WTS doctrines, scandals, and cover-ups... so you feel free to post as you choose and need. Since the stuff taught at the convention IS with regard to doctrines of the wts. Plus, yours and others countering of the lies that they teach, with the truth that Christ teaches instead, may help others who might be lurking OR questioning, or wondering about certain things, and any subsequent discussion can then lead to the truth being shared.

Things shared in response may even help you (or others) in the coming talk with your (their) spouse.

Just keep following Christ and His voice, and you will get to where HE leads you.

Peace and love to you again, as Christ gives these things, to you and to your loved ones.
Your sister, and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:50 am 

Quote:
Wow. ok...good luck with that, but you really are still very much a participant in the 'raping' of these childrens spirits and souls...IMNSHO! You guys actually seem to get off on it [ THE REPORTING ] too. Amazing.

I really don't get the above 'judging' mentality which we should have left behind in the WTBS. Otherwise we are no better than them. Not heard of 'walking in someone else's shoes' Skally?

LQ thanks for posting this stuff, it helps me to know what they're pounding into some of my family. You make some very astute points too.

Loz x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:59 am 

Leaving Quietly - I appreciate very much that you are posting what is going on and being said at the Assembly.

It must be so awful having to go there and actually listen to their Lies and manipulations.
Please do not STOP posting about it. Most of us understand why you are still going. Not everyone can just RIP their lives apart instantly. Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:08 am 

Quote:
Quote: "There's more evidence establishing that the Kingdom is a reality than there is establishing that wind, gravity and electricity are a reality." (Come to your own conclusion on this comment)

Let's see what the Kingdom accomplished in the last 100 years.

Tools provided by Jesus:
- Recorded talks via phonographs
- Testimony cards (these were some card that advertised literature back in the early days of preaching)
- The Bible (the org printed KJV and ASV before NWT) Translations in 122 languages

The Kindom directed various METHODS to proclaim the kingdom (Matt 9:38)
- Newspapers (Russell's sermons in 11 newspapers in 1908, 2000 by 1914)
- Picture presentations (Photodrama motion picture and more simplified slide show)
- Radio (WBBR)
- Now, the Internet - 1.2 million unique visitors per day

The Kingdom directed various EDUCATIONAL programs:
- Theocratic Ministry School
- Gilead
- Kingdom Ministry School
- Pioneer Service School
- Branch Committee School
- Traveling Overseers School
- etc.

This is an absolute JOKE!!! It is so flimsy. How does that in anyway prove that God's Kingdom Rules?? More evidence than the WIND?? Who see's JW's that much other than when they come to your door once in a blue moon. Other religions have accomplished much and more in growth and influence (not a good thing mind you). What makes it that their religion is proof that God's Kingdom rules just because its promoting itself too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:15 am 

Quote:
I have to be super sharp the entire program to catch these things. It's exhausting

You're right; I hadn't thought of this. Trying to stay alert through the tedium of it all cannot be easy. Those hypocrites just keep judging themselves every time they open their mouths; I guess it will just have to be a lesson for us.

LQ, please post anything you've a mind to; one person does not speak for us all. I'm sorry if we've added to your burden.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:34 am 

I did insert "IMNSHO". Not everyone is going to feel the very same way that someone else feels about these 'reports', as I have labeled them, for my self. I see, view them, as just that. If others feel that these share sessions benefit THEM, then that is okay too. For me, it is very much a trigger and I have no problem expressing my true feelings on the matter/issue.

I was dfed AS A MINOR....I was interrogated by elders AS A MINOR; ONE BEING MY MOMS HUSBAND NOW. I have absolutely zero residual of any wt-ism inside me Loz. So that did not hurt my feelings at all. It holds no merit whatsoever.

I cannot just wish these feelings about wt men away. It is never going to heal. I 've come to terms with this. How COULD It heal? Scars remain. Scars are always IN YOU 'WAY'. You are always aware of what will happen if you 'bump' it, trigger it by a touch or someone bashes it outright. It is 'tissue' that is tender to the touch...physically, emotionally, menntally and utmost, spiritually. How am I to determine when it ever gets triggered. I am not. So when this does occur, and it occurs more than you'll ever Know, I will re-act to It.

And now that I've HELPED, {peace to you Shelby} somewhat, to shed light on what actually happens when I hear or read these 'reports', perhaps it is best you simply avoid reading these re-actions so as not to disrupt your own triggers.

Perhaps.

~~s-kally~ [Integrity klass]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:12 am 

Dear LQ... peace to you... and post what you feel compelled to. So long as it doesn't violate forum guidelines, you're good. Folks can choose to read/not read any thread/post.

Dear Skalls... peace to you, as well... and same to you: post what you will so long as it doesn't violate forum guidelines. Keep in mind, maliciousness violates forum guidelines. Although I did not have your exact experience I do think I can empathize with (some of) your pain. However, there MUST be a better way to manifest it besides outright attacking fellow board members, especially if they weren't personally responsible FOR that pain. There is no real benefit to your doing that. It isn't going to save a child, isn't going to bring anyone out, and MIGHT just alienate YOU from folks here. No one here WANTS to avoid you but if you keep"biting" at folks I can see why they would. You'll give them no choice. Because, save a few masochists, NO ONE actually LIKE pain.

Sharing the truth... and purposefully slapping people (and/or unnecessarily calling them rapists) is NOT the same thing. Sure, our words CAN offend sometimes, but if we MEAN them to, well, I can't see the love... and so JAH and Christ... in that. Therefore, I can't see any TRUTH in that and so, IMNSHO... that DOES put you in the same "boat" as JWs. IMNSHO.

You don't have to like what ANYONE posts. Or even like the poster. Or even leave off YOUR hypocrisy. But you do have to respect the forum guidelines. DO, luv. So, please... take note. You exercise GREAT freeness of speech here. Do not try to deprive others of it... or maliciously attack them when THEY exercise it. I won't stand for it, sorry... and make NO mistake about that.

Dear LQ, on behalf of the board, my apologies for the undeserved label. I wish some of us learned to treat others better than we did as JWs. That we've come out... at whatever age... doesn't necessarily mean we left all baggage behind us. Unfortunately, a lot of what we ALL are taught in our formative years is what we carry into adulthood. And for some... most... including myself perhaps, old habits are sometimes VERY hard to break. Please don't let this get to you. Hurt people... hurt people. Just works out like that, sometimes.

Peace to you, both... and as was often said to me and my siblings as children... "don't LET me have to come back (there)!" LOLOLOL!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:27 am 

I think it`s good to report WBT$ Crap..LOL!!..
We get to advertise how unbelievably hypocritical the WBT$ is..

Quote:
Baptized (unofficial count from my seat: 318... will get official number tomorrow... vast majority were teenagers)

Everyone of those kids was Groomed to Slave for the WBT$..
Quote:
Who will NOT inherit God's Kingdom?- Idolators.

The WBT$ has JW.ORG plastered on everything from umbrella`s to pens..
The WBT$ GB Pope wear JW.ORG lapel pins on Stage
The WBT$ GB Popes give out autographs to adoring fans at assemblies
Quote:
Extortioners.. Greedy persons

JW`s are now required to give a monthly donation to the WBT$..
Quote:
Matt 25:34-40 (the verses about helping the Lord's brothers). Seven ways we "help" Christ's brothers:
1. Translating the Bible into other languages
2. Construction of KHs and Assembly Halls
3. Field Ministry
4. Financial support of the above
5. Shepherding work of elders
6. Meetings
7. Work done at branches to support kingdom work
The anointed could not accomplish the above without help. (Isa 61:5)

According to the WBT$..The Bible says we must slave for the WBT$ BEAST..
They also advertise most of the people who think they`re Anointed are Nuts!..LOL!!
Quote:

What a privilege it must have been for JWs to see GB Pope Letts "Rubber Face" bounce around the assembly stage..LOL!!
He probably signed autographs later like GB Pope Morris does..

While I do agree with sKally thats a bad place for kids..Or anybody really,who appreciates honesty/truth..
I have some sympathy for those trying to get out..
sKally would say "Well Just leave!".......LOL!!..
In all honesty,thats exactly what you have to do.."Just Leave"..

The faster your able to leave the WBT$, the better..
Any participation in the WBT$,helps keep the WBT$ BEAST alive..
I wish everybody luck on their exit out of the WBT$ Hell Hole..

........................................Image ...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:14 pm 

Nice OUTLAW. I appreciate your appreciations here.

LQ, and any who may be so inclined, I'd love to tell you, with my verbal words, using my Voice, to convey more accurately just WHY I do re-act this way to these 'reports', in my meeting room sometime. I realize the hesitations in doing so however, as it WILL disrupt your comfort zone, just a bit. Yet, it will absolutely give you a better understanding; one I cannot express fully here.

For whatever reasons you do decline, know that that is your choice of course. Yet, remember that I cannot type out fully these feelings. Text does not give you the tone. The depth needed to 'get it across'. And, if it were to be typed out, it would absolutely be a book in volume; just the feelings alone. An entirely new book is needed to convey the thought process of these feelings, held deep, deep within. Oh, how I yearn to be Able to write so.

OUTLAW pretty much puts the lid on it here. Thx doll.

~~s~Kally~

[ https://www.anymeeting.com/WebConferenc ... 00234&pr=1 ]

[ please keep the memo handy: if you try to come in and it tells you there's no meeting now...it is because the room auto-close after idle for 60mins....i will try to have it opened today as much as possible ]