xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:56 pm 

Quote:
The statement that the Adversary is thrown into the Lake (of Fire) where the wild beast and false prophet "already were" is misleading. They were "already" there simply because they were thrown in FIRST, just shortly before HIM

This is pretty much what I was thinking.

Of course, most of this does not matter as it relates to our faith. However, it matters much to our dear family members who are so deeply indoctrinated with one line of thinking. Just like the cross vs. a stake... it is unimportant in the grand scheme of things. For me, though, understanding the timing as closely to what is outline in the Bible is important so as to not be continually lulled back into the wrong way of thinking. Hope that makes sense.

Tammy and Armand, thank you once again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:57 pm 

Thanks for expanding on that Shelby, and peace and love also to you!

And glad some of that could help you, Leaving.

Peace to you also!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:56 pm 

Hello everyone,and may you ALL have peace !

WOW! What a wonderful sharing of truth from the source himself our Lord! Thank you for this everyone and praise be to Jah and his son our Lord, who speaks for him!

Their reasoning is because Rev 20:4 says: "And I saw thrones, and those who sat on them were given authority to judge." They say, 'judge whom?' If the rest of the dead are not resurrected until the 1,000 years are ended, then whom are they judging? Of course, they feel that those who survive the GT and Armageddon are already judged worthy of life.

I would like to just briefly mention LQ of course this may have seemed a little confusing at first when we use the craziness of the WTBS interpretation of it.
They of course would think that the second resurrection would take place at the BEGINNING of the thousand year reign because as you first thought " Who would there be to judge?"
This is because all JWs believe it is only them that will survive Armaggedon. And among them exist the 144,000 (which would be already in heaven) AND THEY as the sheep or great crowd on the earth living forever.
So where or how could there be a " separation of the sheep and goats"?
This is because there are many possibly billions of people that are NOT JWs that will fall into this situation as to how they treated even the least of Christs brothers without BEING a brother. Try to tell a JW this and of course they think you crazy.

Because of their self righteousness as to their salvation they could not think that others could be saved that are not JWs so they have to justify and explain that the resurrection would of course take place in the beginning instead of the end of the 1,000 year reign.

There is the Great Tribulation.
There is the first resurrection (when Christ returns), the wedding of the bride and bridegroom.
The establishment of the Kingdom, Satan is abyssed, the sheep and goats are separated by Christ from the nations, and the sheep enter the Kingdom, and the thousand years.
Armageddon (when those (gog and magog) outside the kingdom are deceived by satan who has been released, to come AGAINST the Kingdom)
The resurrection of the dead (second resurrection), some to life, and some to judgment (lake of fire/second death)

With all the things that are being exposed in the WTBS can you IMAGINE that if they had to change their understanding as to the timing of when Armaggedon would TRUTHFULLY BE....
What that would do to its members? How many would leave knowing they have been " craving this day of Jah" which we are told NOT to do....their entire lives... And if and when they found out they would have to wait until the end of the 1,000 to reunite supposedly with their dead loved ones...??

Honestly, they are in such fear of Armaggedon ( which is how the WTBS keeps such a strong hold) many would probably feel a bit relieved that it wasn't coming just around the corner.
To receive the blessing of life, and a resurrection and covering for our sins...we must BE and REMAIN in union with him giving us the opportunity to be his brother versus just doing good to his brothers... by eating of his flesh and drinking his blood which he poured out on behalf of all of mankind not just 144,000 yet they still REFUSE this means of life.

So, it is very important for us to be obedient and listen to our Lords voice to quit touching this unclean beast and organization and harlot! To get out of her quickly ....and to come to him as the ONLY way truth and life , and to take Life's water, Holy Spirit which is offered FREE!

May our Lords peace be with you ALL, Kim.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:23 pm 

Quote:
There is the Great Tribulation.
There is the first resurrection (when Christ returns), the wedding of the bride and bridegroom.
The establishment of the Kingdom, Satan is abyssed, the sheep and goats are separated by Christ from the nations, and the sheep enter the Kingdom, and the thousand years.
Armageddon (when those (gog and magog) outside the kingdom are deceived by satan who has been released, to come AGAINST the Kingdom)
The resurrection of the dead (second resurrection), some to life, and some to judgment (lake of fire/second death)

I'm sorry... I'm back at this.

Rev 16 contains the seven bowls of God's wrath. The three unclean inspired expressions from the mouth of the dragon, beast and false prophet are bowl #6. Bowl #7 is wrath on Babylon the Great.
Rev 17 goes into detail about that wrath upon Babylon the Great
Rev 18 furthers this to show that Babylon's fate would be extended to all who do not get out of her. This chapter also describes how the kings and merchants mourned her loss because it meant loss to themselves.
Rev 19 starts with praises and rejoicing over the fate of Babylon by the angels, presumably the marriage of the Lamb, too, but then turns toward the beast and kings of the earth warring against "the Word of God", Christ. Here is where the beast and the false prophet are thrown into the lake of fire.
Rev 20 is all about the fate of Satan - captured, abyssed for 1000 years, released, going out to deceive the nations, gathering them for battle, defeated, thrown into the lake of fire where the beast and the false prophet already were.

Ok. Timeline as outlined in Revelation:
Babylon the Great destroyed
Kings of the earth gathered for battle via the three unclean expressions
Beast and false prophet destroyed
Kings and their armies killed
Satan abyssed
Satan released
Satan deceives many people from all over the world, gathers them for battle
Deceived ones killed
Satan destroyed

No offense here, but I see two battles. The one battle where the kings and their armies and the beast and the false prophet is destroyed, and a second battle where Satan and those he deceives is destroyed. If these are one and the same battle, that would mean that the beast and false prophet exist at the end of the thousand years. The purpose for Satan being abyssed is, according to Rev 20:3, "to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended". It doesn't make sense that the beast and false prophet would exist for that entire period of time.

What am I missing?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:08 am 

I see two 'battles' as well. The first 'battle'... is Christ defeating the nations that are against Him (and those who belong to Him) with the Truth (the sword that comes out of His mouth)... and that truth revealing them to be 'gog' and casting them outside the Kingdom. That is before the thousand years. The second battle is 'Armageddon'. That is after the thousand years.

As to the bowls:

Bowl #6 is when the river Euphrates is dried up, preparing the way for the kings of the East. During that time, Satan - using the unclean expressions - is able to deceive the kings of the whole world to gather them for Armageddon (which they are prepared to listen now, because of the drying up of the river)

Bowl #7 ... I thought... was that battle of God: Armageddon. Hence it being said, "It is done!" I did not hear that far from my Lord, however, so I cannot comment as to this yet.

Now, I also thought that the beast and the false prophet were destroyed before the thousand years began and so were not present when Satan is released after the thousand years to deceive the nations - though perhaps the beast and the false prophet are just 'captured' as is written ("but the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf")... and then although they are said to be thrown INTO the lake of fire, that happened later. Sort of the same way that those 'goats' who are cast into the outer darkness (outside the kingdom) are told by Christ 'to depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels'. The goats are not actually thrown into the lake of fire at that time, but are outside the Kingdom, in the darkness.

What I DID receive from my Lord is that after the thousand years, Satan uses these unclean expressions (and these are lies) to deceive the nations outside the kingdom into thinking that they CAN come against the Kingdom and enter and take what they want/need for themselves.

I did not think that this included the same beast and false prophet that are here BEFORE the thousand years... just the same unclean expressions that had also come out of their mouths. But there are things in Revelation that I do not understand and have not heard about from my Lord yet, and so perhaps I, too, am missing something.

Peace to you,
your servant and sister and a slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:46 am 

It is worth noting that Revelation is not written 'in order'. Some things are, as Shelby said earlier, a bird's eye view... some things are the more detailed image of what occurs within that 'birds eye view'; some things don't really have to do with the time of the end at all (such as the message given to the seven angels of the seven churches... that has to do with us and where we are at any given time, and what we need to ask for help WITH). For me, I have had some things revealed (which can help me understand other things), but there are also thing that I have not understood or heard about, yet. I do not doubt, though, that if/when needed according to what Christ knows, this will come as well.

(Sometimes (often) what is written... how it is written... forces us to see something in the way that man has interpreted, rather than in the way that it happened. Like the division of Chapters, for example. I have noticed that sometimes, and I do not mean just Revelation, there is a new chapter, when it would read more accurately as a simple continuation. My bible, the NIV version, even puts a title at the beginning of chapters that summarizes what the chapter is about. When reading, I have learned NOT to look at these, because it sets the tone of the way I read what comes next.)

Leaving, were you hoping to have all the 'answers', or at least proof as to the timing being different than the wts interpretation in Revelation... before you officially 'come out of her', to your family?

If so, and I am not saying that it IS so... you (or someone else reading) might consider that the 'leap of faith' is that one follows Christ when He calls KNOWING (in faith) and trusting (in faith) that He will 'catch you'; you just have to follow and show that faith.

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:39 pm 

Quote:
Leaving, were you hoping to have all the 'answers', or at least proof as to the timing being different than the wts interpretation in Revelation... before you officially 'come out of her', to your family?

The timing of when Armageddon comes is really immaterial as it relates to me 'coming out' to my family. It is, however, a topic of interest, as is all of Revelation. I have always been intrigued by this particular book, and by the book of Daniel. "Inquiring minds want to know."

Would I like to be able to respond to certain objections when I finally "come out"? Of course! I don't think it will go very far, though.

I ask myself every day what exactly prevents me from just getting it over with. I honestly don't know. Something that is very deep that I cannot pinpoint and cannot dig out. It's a strange situation, to be honest. I really have nothing to lose. I know how to live on very little, so it's not a money thing (if, for some reason she decides to separate from me). I really cannot put my finger on the issue. The only conclusion I can come to is that I just don't have enough faith. I pray for holy spirit and for more faith, but I don't feel like it's being granted to me. Perhaps the "fleshly desires" are outweighing the spiritual ones. Perhaps my in-borne desire to not disappoint people I've known for a long time is getting in the way. I just don't know.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:10 pm 

Not take anything away from what dear tec posted (peace to you, both!)... there is only one "war"... and actually NO battles, dear LQ. Here is what I received from my Lord and shared (elsewhere, perhaps) some time ago:

1. My Lord "judges" and "makes war"... "in righteousness." Since he turns the ACTUAL judging over to the Father, and since the war is "of the great day of JAH Almighty"... my Lord's "judging" and "war" is different. First, it's not in blood. It is not done with a sword of steel, but the "sword" of TRUTH: his mouth. HIS "war", then, starts with the "separating" (dividing) of the sheep from the goats... which starts just after the Adversary is abyssed (Matthew 24; 25:; Revelation 20:1-4). This separation takes place DURING the 1,000 years; after he has returned, gathered his Bride, taken them to the spirit realm to be "married" (joined literally)... after which he and they return to "sit on thrones and 'judge'." That judging is oversight of the sheep (who are allowed entry) in the manner of Solomon (who used truth to determine which was real the mother of a baby claimed by both - the TRUTH came out when, in wisdom, Solomon threatened to divide the child in half. LOVE prompted the TRUE mother to offer to give up the baby, rather than see it harmed). This is the manner of "judging" that Christ and those who rule with him engage in.

3. At the end of the 1,000 years, the Adversary is loosed and uses more lies (i.e., "misleads") Gog (the goats) and Magog (the bad spirits that are not in Tartarus). He lies to them using his own words, directly or through the wild beast and false prophet... to convince Gog and Magog that they, too, can enter into the City and eat from the Tree of Life (Christ)... and live forever. They BELIEVE this... because of their desperation: they have been cut OFF from entering and eating... and so are dying. As with Adham, the only way they can LIVE... FOREVER... is to get "in"... and eat. Since they can't go through the Door (Christ), however, they have to lay siege to the City and break in. Their BELIEVING those lies (that they can SUCCESSFULLY lay siege, get in, eat, and live forever)... is what "gathers" them to war "of" JAH's Day. Because it means they are coming against/waging war WITH... Christ: the Door and Tree (in the midst of the "garden").

4. The wild beast and false prophet come against Christ FIRST... by coming against those who FORM the "city". He again wages "war" the "sword" that protrudes from his mouth: truth. Which "kills" those "warring against" him. BUT... it is JAH who actually hurls the wild beast and false prophet "into the lake of fire" (Psalm 110:1)... without any literal battle actually taking place:

"Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together TO wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. BUT the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh." Revelation 19:19-21

This event takes place AFTER the Adversary has been loosed. It is what takes place DURING that "gathering" to "Armageddon." The wild beast and the false prophet are the FIRST to go. But that doesn't stop Gog and Magog. They keep "coming"... again, to try and gain access to the Tree (Christ). But the MOST HOLY One of Israel will NOT let that happen... and so fire comes down from JAH Himself and "devours" them. My Lord tells about it, through David, in his words recorded in the 18th Psalm.

The problem with understanding that my Lord does NOT literally wage war is the word "but" at Revelation 19:20 (inaccurately rendered "and" by the WTBTS). It is from the Greek word kai, which means "and," yes... but also "but," and here the accurate rendering is "but." Because it is stating that, although the wild beast and false prophet CAME to war with my Lord... they DIDN'T... as JAH Himself stepped in. As He SAID He would, as recorded by David:

"JAHVEH says to my Lord:

'Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet.'"
Psalm 110:1

Paul explained:

"Then the end (the Judgment - Revelation 20:11-15) will come, when he (Christ) hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he (God/JAH) has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. For he (Christ) must reign until he (JAH) has put all his (Christ's) enemies under his (Christ's) feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. For he (JAH) “has put everything under his (Christ's) feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him (Christ), it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. When he (JAH) has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him (JAH) who put everything under him (Christ), so that God may be all in all." 1 Corinthians 15:25-28

David wrote about THAT, as well:

"what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
human beings that you care for them?
You have made them
(the Bride of Christ) a little lower than the angels
and crowned them with glory and honor.
You made them rulers over the works of your hands;
YOU put everything under their feet:
ALL flocks and herds,
and the animals of the wild,
the birds in the sky,
and the fish in the sea,
ALL that swim the paths of the seas."
Psalm 8:4-8

The "war" of JAH is not actually fought by either JAH or Christ; it is waged AGAINST Christ, yes... in that "Gog" and "Magog"... "come against" the holy city, the NEW Jerusalem, which is the people of God, the Bride of Christ. In doing so, it's as with Saul of Tarsus: they are waging war with Christ... by means of coming against/persecuting his Bride. In waging war with Christ... they are waging war with JAH Himself ("He that is touching YOU is touching MY eyeball").

But JAH does not LET a battle occur; He wipes Gog and Magog OUT... with fire from His own "nostrils" (Psalm 18:8)... and then hurls the Adversary into the lake of fire... where, by THIS time, which is really only shortly after... the other two already are.

The problem with understanding the timeline is:

1. As dear tec shared, the Revelation is not in chronological order, as so many believe (and so try to understand it by means of). Many misunderstand John's "and I saw" to mean a chronological timeframe. In some instances, it is, but for the MOST part, John is relating ALL that he saw... much of which was at the SAME time. The thing is, eyesight is 3-dimensional, while writing is not. There was no way for John to write what he saw HOW he saw it (at the same time), other than to say "AND I saw." So, for instance, if you look around you, you see many things. Can you write that, though? Straight out? Or do you have to write what you see in a sequence?

There are helicopter/bird's eye views of situations that there are also close up views of. For example, the correlation of Revelation 16:13-15 with Revelation 20:7... that most of Revelation 19 takes place during Revelation 20:7-9... and more.

2. What you're dealing with (trying to understand): it is a REVELATION. Therefore, just reading it will NOT give one understanding. It is as Christ said:

"Hearing, they hear in vain; seeing, they see in vain."

It is not until HE "opens up the scriptures" that are IN the "revelation"... REVEALS it to whom HE wishes... that understanding can be had. Because it must be GIVEN; it CANNOT be taken.

So, I hope this helps... and I hope you DO keep seeking, asking, and knocking... as well as asking for strength and COURAGE... as you need them.

Again, peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:40 pm 

Y'all are so patient with me, and for that I am grateful. Please, if I may ask regarding this:

Quote:
3. At the end of the 1,000 years, the Adversary is loosed and uses more lies (i.e., "misleads") Gog (the goats) and Magog (the bad spirits that are not in Tartarus). He lies to them using his own words, directly or through the wild beast and false prophet

This would mean that the beast and the false prophet exist through the 1000 years, wouldn't it?

Quote:
It is not until HE "opens up the scriptures" that are IN the "revelation"... REVEALS it to whom HE wishes... that understanding can be had. Because it must be GIVEN; it CANNOT be taken.

As one who though he "knew it all" at one time, I can see that I know and understand very little. Which is okay. Like I said, this is all intriguing to me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:56 pm 

Quote:
This would mean that the beast and the false prophet exist through the 1000 years, wouldn't it?

It would, luv (peace to you!). Was just as surprising to me, when my Lord explained it (when he explained the "three unclean inspired expressions").

Quote:
As one who though he "knew it all" at one time, I can see that I know and understand very little. Which is okay. Like I said, this is all intriguing to me.

Hard to be a JW and not think so, dear one... as that is the "mortar" that holds up their paper "bricks" - asserting that they're the ones with all the knowledge. Not Christ... them. So, you were trained to think you knew it all. Our dear brother, Socrates, who said that the Oracle told him that he was the wisest man living, said, however, the HE learned from "The God" that the wisest man is the one who KNOWS... that HE... knows nothing. Mayhaps you're on your way to wisdom, luv - LOLOLOL!

There ARE a couple/few things, though, that even the wisest of us can know... and that is how to know what the scriptures (and the Revelation is scripture) mean. Luke recorded that for us:

"Now that same day two of them were going to a village called Emmaus, about seven miles from Jerusalem. They were talking with each other about everything that had happened. As they talked and discussed these things with each other, [Jesus] himself came up and walked along with them; but they were kept from recognizing him.

He asked them, “What are you discussing together as you walk along?”

They stood still, their faces downcast. One of them, named Cleopas, asked him, “Are you the only one visiting Jerusalem who does not know the things that have happened there in these days?”

“What things?” he asked.

“About [Jesus] of Nazareth,” they replied. “He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people. The chief priests and our rulers handed him over to be sentenced to death, and they crucified him; but we had hoped that he was the one who was going to redeem Israel. And what is more, it is the third day since all this took place. In addition, some of our women amazed us. They went to the tomb early this morning but didn’t find his body. They came and told us that they had seen a vision of angels, who said he was alive. Then some of our companions went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but they did not see Jesus.”

He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?” And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

As they approached the village to which they were going, [Jesus] continued on as if he were going farther. But they urged him strongly, “Stay with us, for it is nearly evening; the day is almost over.” So he went in to stay with them.

When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. They asked each other, “Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?”

They got up and returned at once to Jerusalem. There they found the Eleven and those with them, assembled together and saying, “It is true! The Lord has risen and has appeared to Simon.” Then the two told what had happened on the way, and how Jesus was recognized by them when he broke the bread.

While they were still talking about this, [Jesus] himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”

They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? 39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”

When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate it in their presence.

He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures."
Luke 24:13-45

NO ONE comes to the Father... or understands His will or sayings... unless they go THROUGH Christ, dear LQ.

I hope this helps!

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:01 pm 

Quote:
Like I said, this is all intriguing to me.

Me as well, Leaving. Like you, I have always loved the book of Daniel (for the prophecies concerning the time of the end), and Revelation.

I can't make myself understand the things in that book. I could read it until my eyes start to blur (and have done so on numerous occasions) and still not understand, if I am trying to osmosis it into my brain, lol.

But our Lord has taught me enough and shown me enough that I should know by now, and put my faith in this, that He will reveal to me what I need to know as I am able to hear it, and that He is the one who can help prepare me so that I am able to hear it... all according to what His timing, and not my own.

As to what might be holding you back from leaving the wts, publicly, have you asked our Lord that question? About what is holding you back? You probably have, but there have been times when I have struggled with something, and been so focused on that, that I have overlooked or forgotten to SIMPLY ask Christ, and then listen for the answer from Him.

If it were me, the answer would most likely NOT be what I was thinking, on my own, lol. But that is me.

Peace to you again,
Your sister and servant in Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:09 pm 

Quote:
I ask myself every day what exactly prevents me from just getting it over with. I honestly don't know. Something that is very deep that I cannot pinpoint and cannot dig out. It's a strange situation, to be honest.

Actually, it's not that strange, dear one (peace to you!): we are drawn... and tend to stick with... the familiar. Why? One word: comfort. Our flesh LOVES comfort... indeed, it is inherent IN our flesh (and both theories, evolution AND creation, show this!)... and so seeks it in every possible way available to us, per our respective means. Both physically... AND mentally. From food to shelter to clothing... warmth... coolness... satiation... to what we read, watch... eat... whatever. Whatever we do, our flesh will look for the comfort (which is one of the reasons for the lives of ascetics/monks, etc.: DENIAL of the flesh's desire for comfort).

And a result, we are creatures of habit (BECAUSE of this love of/for comfort) and so CHANGE... is NOT necessarily something we delight in. Change brings DIScomfort... because it exists in the unknown. Unknown to our minds... which translates to unknown to our flesh. Unfortunately, our minds (and thus, the flesh they lead), while able to adjust to some degree... begins to "resist" when it gets close to its discomfort level. Think of the many who've left the WTBTS and other like organizations... left, because they KNOW such are false... yet, still cling to the rituals and habits of such. For example, how to dress, etc. For some women, wearing anything other than the below-the-knee skirt is a problem. For some men, a beard is out of the question. Why? Because it's "uncomfortable." Why? Because it's different (that what such one is/used to). Because... it's change.

And while change is often hard, it's VERY hard... when one isn't all that UNcomfortable where they are! Why go from a bed of nails, even if such hurt... to POSSIBLY right into a fire? At least, the mind thinks it "might be" some kind of fire. Or worse. Sure, the needles hurt... sometimes... but the flesh has adjusted to that pain. It KNOWS that pain. It can DEAL with that pain. Sometimes, it even LIKES that pain. Why? Because... the pain is familiar! And so, there is a certain level of... wait for it... COMFORT... in that pain. One KNOWS it.

One does not know, though, what change will bring. MAYBE less pain and discomfort... but who knows? And so, if it ain't broke THAT much, well...

To come out not only requires change, but possibly great change. And change means discomfort. Perhaps even fear. Which is... uncomfortable.

It might help to consider, though, that training... is never really comfortable. To the contrary, it's not supposed to BE comfortable, ever, but keep one AWAKE and on one's toes. Comfort... lulls. Even to sleep.

Time comes when a body's gotta shake things up, a little. Brush off the cobwebs, throw back the covers, pick the sleep from the corners of their eyes, yawn, stretch... and then get their ass out of that warm, cozy... bed of nails.

Or not. Some asses can get really numb after a bit... what with laying on nails all day and night... and so even that doesn't bother them after awhile - LOLOL!

Peace... and much strength to you... dear, dear LQ!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:40 pm 

Hello,

This is a disturbing topic for me so I will. Be relatively brief in my question. It says in Revelation 19 that God is going to send birds to eat me up?? Is this for real? Literally?

Even if I by the grace of God "make it," is he going to send the birds to eat other people up?

I find the Jesus fighting spiritually rather comforting.. but this bird thing. Is it true as I understand it or is there more to it?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:45 am 

Greetings and peace to you, dear Geri -

Birds always come and feast on the remains of the dead after battle. As do wild animals. Hence, why armies either bury or burn their fallen. It will be the same in the case of God's war at Harmageddon; however, I don't think you'll have anything to worry about. Those who undergo this will be brought it upon themselves by coming after Christ's chosen ones who constitute the New Jerusalem (Revelation 16:13, 14, 15; 19:19-21; 20:7-10).

This isn't something to worry about in the sense it's going to happen to mankind random willy-nilly. Those to whom this happens are the ones who start the war. Out of His love for His people, [the New] "Jerusalem" (Revelation 21:2-4; 20:9), the Father MUST act. Those coming for His beloved city would show no mercy. And so, they won't be shown mercy.

Do we want that to happen? Are we "craving" that kind of justice? Not at all - to the contrary, WE follow Christ's admonition as to our enemies (Matthew 5:43-48). Because we know impression our longing for others' demise would have on the Father (Proverbs 24;17, 18; Amos 5:18).

We also know that justice and vengeance belongs to Him and how He chooses to mete that out is His choice. But mete it out He must because justice calls for it. Again, these who bodies are eaten by birds are not good people. We have NO idea who falls into this category and who does not. Our task is to

- Listen to, obey, and follow His Son so that WE don't find ourselves among them (Matthew 17:5; Luke 6:46; John 10:2-5, 27; 14:23)

- Tell anyone who wants to know how they can avoid finding themselves among them (and the Son will let you know who such people are either by leading them to you or you to them - Acts- 8:27-34; 10:1-8, 19) ;

- Grant mercy to, forgive, and ask forgiveness for anyone persecuting us, individually and as a group (Matthew 5:10, 11; 43-48; 6:12-15; 7:1-5)

I hope that helps -

Again, peace to you!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:35 am 

Thank you for the reply, I do feel better. Thank you for the peace as well and I wish the same for you.

So I am a bit confused. I see that Jesus doesn't actually kill these people in Revelation 19 according to what someone said (sorry I don't remember who and I'm not at my computer).

I remember that the long sword was spirit of truth that kills them spiritually rather than an actual metal sword.

So my question is if they are fought with spiritually, how are the birds able to eat them? Are these the same people who get burned with fire in chapter 20? Sorry I am confused. I am trying to understand how they are eaten by the birds but then burned with fire.

I thank you for your time. Much appreciated