xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:13 pm 

Duplicate

Last edited by AGuest on Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:14 pm 

AGuest wrote:
Again, peace to you, dear Geri -

My apologies for not responding sooner and I must ask for a bit more time. I am a relatively new grandmommy (she's 14 months now) and my grandbaby started daycare a couple of months ago. As a result, I have been down with a really bad cold and bronchitis for the past week (everyone but dear Hubs thus far has been as... if not sick(er)... than me - her mom and her aunt, my daughter, were both really bad. ER visits and everything!).

Others here are more than welcome (and able?) to respond and share, as well, but I will certainly do so tomorrow, if you will kindly indulge me.

Thank you, peace to you, and share with you, soon.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:00 am 

Greetings and peace to you, dear Geri!

Quote:
is if they are fought with spiritually, how are the birds able to eat them? Are these the same people who get burned with fire in chapter 20? Sorry I am confused. I am trying to understand how they are eaten by the birds but then burned with fire.

The accounts in Revelation 16 and 19 (well, most of it) is a depiction of what occurs as recorded at Revelation 20:7-9. For example (without going through Revelation 16 and 19 verses by verse):

"The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East. Then I saw three impure spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. They are demonic spirits that perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty.... Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon." Revelation 16:12-14, 16

"When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown." Revelation 20:7-9

"I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, 'Come, gather together for the great supper of God, so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.' Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur." Revelation 19:17-20

These are literally the same build up to events/events. If you notice, those who some to war against the Father, do so by coming against His people, the beloved "city" that is the New Jerusalem (Revelation 21:2, 3). Since this "city" consists of those who make up the Body of Christ and so the "Temple" of God (John 15:16; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19; Ephesians 2:19-21; 1 Peter 2:5; Revelation 3:12; 21:22), Christ is the first line of defense, the first one they must get through.

Christ isn't a man of war, though; unlike the warrior king David, the Son is a man of peace (1 Kings 8:19; 1 Chronicles 17:13; 28:6, 7; 2 Chronicles 6:9; 2 Samuel 7:7-16; Daniel 2:44; 7; Matthew 17:5; Hebrews 1:5). And so, as the Word of God HE uses his words to condemn them (Hebrews 4:12; Revelation 19:11-16). Unfortunately, they are STILL not listening (to him) and continue to advance against him and his people (his Body that is the beloved city and the "camp" that are those loved by those of his Body - those who are just outside the "city" but still under his protection - Joshua 6:17; Matthew 25:31-40; Acts 10:24; Revelation 20:4).

And because of this, they are killed by the Father Himself. For the Son to take physical revenge would be a violation of the Law of God (love) on his part (Revelation 20:9b; Romans 12:17-21; Matthew 5:43-48; Leviticus 19:18; Deuteronomy 32:35; Psalm 99:8; Nahum 1:2; Hebrews 10:30). He literally can't do it, can't bring himself to do it (Psalm 119:97).

And what bits the fire doesn't utterly obliterate, the birds finish up.

May I share a "sacred" secret with you, dear Geri? People have been reading the Bible for millennia and yet, still don't know the Father or the Son. That's because, in reading (in) it, they lean upon their own understanding rather than DOING what the Bible is recorded the Christ to say to DO (Luke 6:46). You can read what he SAID to DO at:

John 5:39, 40 (except in KJV and similar versions which state verse 39 inaccurately)
John 7:37-39
John 6:48-58
Revelation 3:17-19
Revelation 22:17

And you read what can happen IF you do what HE says, as it happened for his apostles at:

Luke 27:38, 32, 44, 45

Speaking for myself only, these latter verses are "how" I have been able to respond to all that I have with regard to him, the Father, the Bible, religion, etc., over close to 30 years now: HE opens the scriptures/Bible to me. I could not, in a million years, know ANY of what he has given me as to him, the Father, the Bible, religion, etc.. And I have learned, for ME, at least, that it really is the ONLY "way" to know the Truth that he is AND to know the truth ABOUT him, the Father, the Bible, religion, Israel, what has happened, what will happen, etc. There truly is NO other way - John 8:32; 14:6; 8:36

I hope that helps and again, I wish you peace!

Shel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:37 pm 

Quote:
And you read what can happen IF you do what HE says, as it happened for his apostles at:

Luke 27:38, 32, 44, 45

My apologies, I meant Luke 24:28, 32, 44, 45.

Peace to you, all (and thank you for pointing that out, dear Brother A, and peace to you and my dear sister)!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:02 am 

Yes, AGuest! You explained it well. And in our conversation yesterday, we discussed an important item. Do you remember? I’m sure you do. You brought to my attention King David and his son Solomon. That David was not allowed by JAH to build his temple in Jerusalem because David had blood on his hands . . . so . . . Solomon was to build the temple. In a similar vein, as is typical with biblical narratives. Christ like Solomon is building JAH’s temple so that like Solomon Christ is permitted to build it because Christ does not have any blood on his hands; thus, Christ turns over the destruction of people to his Father, JAH. Why? Because “vengeance” belongs to JAH. Christ is the Prince of Peace—not violence. Christ does not shed blood. Christ gives life. He is a life-giving spirit.

Christ wars with his “words.” Christ’s words divide people with his words. Even if people claim to be a disciple of Christ, “claim” such things, yet their conduct belies their profession. For example: Christ SAID: his disciples should wash the feet of one another. Some disciples obey. Some do not. Those who do not will often say things like, ‘Yes, Christ said that, but he didn’t actually mean that. He meant such-and-such, not actually meaning to wash disciples’ feet.’ And yet, what did Christ SAY about the things he SAID? He said:

“Why do you call me Lord! Lord! but do not do the things I say?—Luke 6:46.

I hope that helps. May JAH, the Most Holy One of Israel bless. Thank you, dear sister, Shel.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:13 pm 

Beautifully shared and thank you to the both of you and YES so true to all shared.

Peace and love to you my brother and sister.

Just to add yet another of what our Lord says to do that many will not do/obey, even claiming to be a Christian and belonging to Christ….

“Why do you call me Lord! Lord! but do not do the things I say?—Luke 6:46.

….is LUKE 22:19;

“ He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them saying, “ This is my body given to you, DO THIS in remembrance of me.”

He did NOT say just to “observe” as Jehovahs Witnesses will do yet again this memorial season, passing over (denying Christ) by not partaking of our Lords body and blood he gave on behalf of ALL mankind not just 144,000.

Truly sad! That they explain it away to him not meaning it for all that believe, have faith and acknowledge the need for his sacrifice. That only a handful of mankind that has ever lived are privy to this.

Peace and love to you all and to your households, May JAH and His Son our Lord and savior JAheshua, the chosen of JAH continue to show mercy to us all,
Praise them and Kiss the Son.

Your sister servant and slave of Christ,
kim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:44 pm 

Peace to you all,

Quote:
That David was not allowed by JAH to build his temple in Jerusalem because David had blood on his hands . . . so . . . Solomon was to build the temple. In a similar vein, as is typical with biblical narratives. Christ like Solomon is building JAH’s temple so that like Solomon Christ is permitted to build it because Christ does not have any blood on his hands; thus, Christ turns over the destruction of people to his Father, JAH. Why? Because “vengeance” belongs to JAH. Christ is the Prince of Peace—not violence. Christ does not shed blood. Christ gives life. He is a life-giving spirit.

Christ wars with his “words.”

Yes... the truth (that He speaks), which is the sword that comes out of His mouth.

Yes, to all of this that you discussed. The One to build the temple (the true temple that is His Body, within which JAH dwells) is Christ: a man of peace, the prince of peace.

I do not think that I have anything to add to all that has been shared, except, "YES!!"

Peace again to you all, and to your dear households,
your servant and sister and a fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:09 pm 

THANK you, TRULY... for your "yes" (and second witness) my dear, DEAR brother Armand, and DEAR sisters Kimmie and Tammy! The GREATEST of love and peace to you... AND your dear household... my dear, DEAR brother and sisters in Christ!

I am... THEIR servant, as well as yours... ALWAYS and to time indefinite...

Shel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:45 pm 

Thank you all for your responses. I actually got sick and had forgotten about my question. When I am feeling better I will take a look through. Thank you all again. You all seem like really lovely people.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:32 pm 

Peace to you and we'll be here, Geri -

Take good care of you and get well soon!

Shel